Mika @ Shepherds Bush Empire

guinchogirl

Should I repost my message from the appleman thread here too? LOL

Anyway, thanks again for the report. I'd really like to read Kata's version to get the whole picture :blink:

I hope you had a good time with the other MFC members and are not too disappointed - although I could understand it if you are.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to say Yoppapop I do kinda agree...

however, the night before (Leeds) Mika didn't meet any fans because he was unwell which is fair enough. I spoke to Starsie before the gig and she said just gimme a ring straight after the concert and you may meet him *note the word MAY* but I asked about Mika's health and she did say he was better...so I was like OMG...but then there wasn't a meet and greet after all. He was exhausted, which is to be expected obviously, but he was probably also recovering from some bizarre illness as well.

The staff at Shepherds Bush were SOOOOO strict it was untrue. They didn't let us get changed in the Shepherd's Bush toilets for whatever reason - which isn't at all Starsie's fault - so instead we got changed in a PUB.

And then, in the hall, Charlie and I went to the stairs for a better view before the gig began, and I was ever so slightly in front of the stair railing and this guard person was making sure I was perfectly behind it! I was like WTF! Okay, so I did step down on ONE step, and then a fan pulled me up because she said I'd get chucked out! So I got up, but there was so many people behind me that I was leaning over so slightly...and this guard was like, almost pushing me.

HELLO! LOTS OF PEOPLE!

GOD! THE STAFF WERE SO RUDE!

I have to say Yoppapop I do kinda agree...

however, the night before (Leeds) Mika didn't meet any fans because he was unwell which is fair enough. I spoke to Starsie before the gig and she said just gimme a ring straight after the concert and you may meet him *note the word MAY* but I asked about Mika's health and she did say he was better...so I was like OMG...but then there wasn't a meet and greet after all. He was exhausted, which is to be expected obviously, but he was probably also recovering from some bizarre illness as well.

The staff at Shepherds Bush were SOOOOO strict it was untrue. They didn't let us get changed in the Shepherd's Bush toilets for whatever reason - which isn't at all Starsie's fault - so instead we got changed in a PUB.

And then, in the hall, Charlie and I went to the stairs for a better view before the gig began, and I was ever so slightly in front of the stair railing and this guard person was making sure I was perfectly behind it! I was like WTF! Okay, so I did step down on ONE step, and then a fan pulled me up because she said I'd get chucked out! So I got up, but there was so many people behind me that I was leaning over so slightly...and this guard was like, almost pushing me.

HELLO! LOTS OF PEOPLE!

GOD! THE STAFF WERE SO RUDE!

I think they did meet him at leeds... I saw some pics and parts of review in Freddie's thread before he colsed it... I didn't watch in the proper Leeds thread, though...

And as it MAY not sound, i'm not mad at him, i'm mad at me, for having been so like that (what i'm not, in one word)...

Didn't meet the staff people though :biggrin2:

... And OH MY GOD !!! Love Today finale was the best ever !!!! They got at least 5 minutes of applause and cheering and screaming after it !! And they were quite proud of it... With reason... AWSOMELY AWSOME !!! SPLENDID !!! SUBLIME !!! Cherisse, Martin, and even Mika took part in it, drumming on a bin : HATS OFF people !! RESPECT.

I guess thats all I have to say, after all the frenzy will be gone - RESPECT. HATS OFF:thumb_yello:

I was really curious to see the guy live since the moment I heard and saw him in Jan...of course I liked the music, but I became so intrigued after watching his BBC interviews... cute-faced teenage popster speaking in long, thoughtful, meaningful sentences...and he looks sometimes...hard to explain- its like a puppet and a puppetmaster all in one-you want a cute babyface-ok, here i'll make it for you, you want some bottom-shaking - get it...

on the other hand-he clearly passionately enjoys what he is doing, with passion like its the very last time, totally giving all of himself...

..so had to see it all for myself...

...and knowing the whole story of this "blood sweat and tears" and what it took him to get the opportunity to get where he is one can only double the admiration...

I think they did meet him at leeds... I saw some pics and parts of review in Freddie's thread before he colsed it... I didn't watch in the proper Leeds thread, though...

And as it MAY not sound, i'm not mad at him, i'm mad at me, for having been so like that (what i'm not, in one word)...

Didn't meet the staff people though :biggrin2:

Lauren didnt meet him because he was ill...Sparkly1 (Vivienne) didn't meet him either and they were both competition winners. Not sure about Sian, but I don't think she did either :S

well, Charlie and I have decided to go to another concert of his sometime, and THAT time we WILL meet him! It shall be our duty lmao! Was nice to meet you Yoppapop, even if it WAS brief!

Kitekat - thats the photographer that sent jemm the pics of us!!

i think I saw someone mentioned hes from the evening standard-so UK ppl-watch out!!! maybe theres gonna be a review in the weekend or something...

AND A MASSIVE THANK YOU TO DAZZLE for uploading the DRRRRUMMING !!!!!!!!!

i think I saw someone mentioned hes from the evening standard-so UK ppl-watch out!!! maybe theres gonna be a review in the weekend or something...

i had no idea there was a photographer there!!!

apparently when charlie and i walked out the pub dressed in our outfits people were taking pictures of us LOL! And Starsie took a pic of us too, so that should be on the blog once the May gigs are over! Just a shame they weren't with Mika :(

I guess thats all I have to say, after all the frenzy will be gone - RESPECT. HATS OFF:thumb_yello:

I was really curious to see the guy live since the moment I heard and saw him in Jan...of course I liked the music, but I became so intrigued after watching his BBC interviews... cute-faced teenage popster speaking in long, thoughtful, meaningful sentences...and he looks sometimes...hard to explain- its like a puppet and a puppetmaster all in one-you want a cute babyface-ok, here i'll make it for you, you want some bottom-shaking - get it...

on the other hand-he clearly passionately enjoys what he is doing, with passion like its the very last time, totally giving all of himself...

..so had to see it all for myself...

...and knowing the whole story of this "blood sweat and tears" and what it took him to get the opportunity to get where he is one can only double the admiration...

Well observed and analysed :wink2: I guess it will take its time until the secret of the phenomenon MIKA will be entirely revealed.

'like a puppet and a puppetmaster all in one' - I absolutely agree with that - very clever metaphor to think about....

i had no idea there was a photographer there!!!

apparently when charlie and i walked out the pub dressed in our outfits people were taking pictures of us LOL! And Starsie took a pic of us too, so that should be on the blog once the May gigs are over! Just a shame they weren't with Mika :(

Pics like this?:naughty:

(you stepped behind someone when I was taking it!! sorry)

2003536237462110923_rs.jpg

Yes, I still have some pictures to upload, but i need to get them from my friend's camera, he was kind enough to take some pictures for me whilst I was enjoing the gig. :thumb_yello:

i think i saw you. did you have a red balloon that someone tried to burst?

But all this wasn't useless for me ! Cause i realized that i had not been myself for a few months now : before, i would NEVER have expected anything from a singer after a gig, i would even never have waited for him... But the fact is that everybody's stories seemed so fantastic that i found myself expecting something ! :blink:

Now, i just know that i won't expect anything : if it happens, cool, but if i ever go to a concert again, i will go for the MUSIC and fun with people... Isn't what we are supposed to really expect at a concert ??? :wink2: Everything else would be bonus...

I know the feeling, just got my hopes up too much, and then felt sooo disappointed and just crushed to be honest... That kind of spoiled the night for me a bit... Today recovered a little, but trying to remember the good parts only!

Last night was a little success for me on different level. Remember that guy who was with me on the gig? It was my friends husband! He was there only accidentally, as my friend got sick and couldn't make it. Before the gig every time I talked about Mika he would roll his eyes - Oh, not Mika talk again! Now he is buying the tickets to the Sumerset house to see MIKA again!!!! After a few months of me unsuccessfully trying to convert him into Mika-fun, Mika has done it himself in one hour!!! :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello: :roftl:

I know the feeling, just got my hopes up too much, and then felt sooo disappointed and just crushed to be honest... That kind of spoiled the night for me a bit... Today recovered a little, but trying to remember the good parts only!

Last night was a little success for me on different level. Remember that guy who was with me on the gig? It was my friends husband! He was there only accidentally, as my friend got sick and couldn't make it. Before the gig every time I talked about Mika he would roll his eyes - Oh, not Mika talk again! Now he is buying the tickets to the Sumerset house to see MIKA again!!!! After a few months of me unsuccessfully trying to convert him into Mika-fun, Mika has done it himself in one hour!!! :thumb_yello: :thumb_yello: :roftl:

awesome! GO MIKA!

i think i saw you. did you have a red balloon that someone tried to burst?

I WAS with the red balloon, and people tried to burst, to steal, to kick, to grab it and one guy even pleaded me for it "Red is my favorite colooooor!!!!! :crybaby: " It was crazy, I almost gave up and gave it to him, but then remembered how hard it was getting it and though "Well, I like red too!" :bleh::roftl::naughty:

Look a few pages up, Dazzle posted a picture of us in the queue, I'm the second from the left!

Thanks lesley3110

I've been watching your videos.

It sounds like the same set list he played in Leeds.

Sorry you weren't keen on Pull Tiger Tail - I knew I wouldn't like them unless I got to know their stuff so I learnt 4 of their songs. I recommend anyone else going to this tour does the same - Animator is excellent, and it's certainly not my type of music.

In Holy Johnny, is he wearing a flashing heart? And did he throw it into the audience? It looks like the ones we were wearing.

Watch Love Today finale video that Dazzle posted... It will cheer you up !!! It works for me...

I love you Daz for posting that !!! And certainly for other things...

And i'm sorry we didn't get to meet the "stalls people" in the queue :biggrin2:

But all this wasn't useless for me ! Cause i realized that i had not been myself for a few months now : before, i would NEVER have expected anything from a singer after a gig, i would even never have waited for him... But the fact is that everybody's stories seemed so fantastic that i found myself expecting something ! :blink:

Now, i just know that i won't expect anything : if it happens, cool, but if i ever go to a concert again, i will go for the MUSIC and fun with people... Isn't what we are supposed to really expect at a concert ??? :wink2: Everything else would be bonus...

That's a great attitude! I guess you're having bad luck because Paris and London are Mika's hometowns and big markets for him so he's probably pulled in a million different directions on show night. He must have friends, family and industry people to attend to at the after party.

Fortunately they'll probably be lots of opportunities to see his shows and get to talk with him, especially if you go to a smaller town.

That's a great attitude! I guess you're having bad luck because Paris and London are Mika's hometowns and big markets for him so he's probably pulled in a million different directions on show night. He must have friends, family and industry people to attend to at the after party.

Fortunately they'll probably be lots of opportunities to see his shows and get to talk with him, especially if you go to a smaller town.

Yeah, but talking to him and meeting him won't be my goal anymore... And cool if it happens... Got lost for a while, now i'm back :wink2::thumb_yello::biggrin2:

I WAS with the red balloon, and people tried to burst, to steal, to kick, to grab it and one guy even pleaded me for it "Red is my favorite colooooor!!!!! :crybaby: " It was crazy, I almost gave up and gave it to him, but then remembered how hard it was getting it and though "Well, I like red too!" :bleh::roftl::naughty:

Look a few pages up, Dazzle posted a picture of us in the queue, I'm the second from the left!

i dont know if you saw me but i was standing by the front door in a bright pink top