Mika @ Shepherds Bush Empire

guinchogirl

After leaving the stage he took off his chicken costume and came back on stage to throw a balloon, that's how i saw him shirtless (yummy lol)

Stephane, 12yo again LOL

Edit : he is perfectly hairy LOL (not too much but enough lol)

shirtles???:shocked: YUMMIE!!!!!!:biggrin2:

I know, she was so sweet, we talked for quite a while outside....

I'm still upset though..... Can't shake the disappointment off, although the performance itself was amazing!

I think some people managed to get to the after party, we will wait to hear their stories... :thumb_yello:

what is this after party thing? Jemma said she was given a ticket for this...:blink:

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanx for the reports and pix. wow, i love this white outfit, he looks sooo handsome! wearing this shirt with buttons instead of the usual t-shirt. and the air conditioning must have been REALLY cold, he was all sweaty in the last 2 shows, and on these pics here not at all. though that would have been a nice "wet-t-shirt"-effect, lol! :naughty:

i also love the chicken costume, it's so fluffy (i LOVE fluffy stuff!), and it reminds me of one of the first toys i had when i was a little child, a duck which was the same yellow fluffy material and also with orange feet. :wink2::biggrin2:

any pix or videos of mika shirtless? :naughty: would be an "official" one this time, no paparazzi pic. :wink2:

Two things, one about last night, one not.

I have to take my cat to the vet he has hurt his paw, and just as I get the basket out, he has gone and hid in the cupboard - I can't get to him!:sneaky2:

Last night though, I thought I had some dye on my hands or something, but today they are hurting and I have washed them quite a few times and they are still marked - I think I have bruised my bl00dy palms with clapping so hard! :roftl:

Mika's fans are completely nuts!

Who took these photos, Jemma? This one, and the one in the other thread -- they're brilliant! :)

dcdeb

Who took these photos, Jemma? This one, and the one in the other thread -- they're brilliant! :)

dcdeb

Carri and I got talking to one of the offical photographers in brighton and the same one was there last night and he sent them to me! He took the photos for the evening standard.

well he was absolutely phenominal, it was a fantastic gig.

i arrived at 5.30pm and an usher kept coming around saying make sure your in the right place, and after asking hime numerous times if i was in the right queue, he finally realised he had told me wrong and i should be in the other one. good job the queue was small.

i finally got in the queue and after a long wait finally got in. i did not go to the front as i am closterohobic and was beginning to have a slight prob, so i was near the bar and ha da great time.

OHHHHHH so that WAS you??? lol we were standing in the (wrong) queue in front of you til you moved to the other one lol, we were like "is that her???....." hehehe

and the air conditioning must have been REALLY cold, he was all sweaty in the last 2 shows, and on these pics here not at all.

........ Sorry to shatter the illusion, he was actually quite sweaty in some of our pics (we cleaned him up with a bit of photoshop magic) :blush-anim-cl:

Lucky him! And lucky everyone else at everywhere else!

Kata was going to get him to sign her unused Leeds ticket. I can't beleive that there were about 10 people there and he just went, where at other places he has spent time with you. Actually at the door when he came out there were only about 4 people I think , I was watching at the time, and it was so low key, I didn't realise it was him. Sara and her husband were there, Kata, I think, and Kata's friend (who was a real laugh) me and yop and BWK were literally yards away and that was about it. There was a couple of other groups of about 3 people wandering from the stage door to the front and back.

yeh it was me Sara and her husband and a couple of people i dont think are on here... Kata was with you guys lol. it was so annoying lol

The gig itself was amazin though. We were a bit like "yeh its gonna be crap bein all the way on Level 3" but actually i think we all had a bigger party up there than in the bottom haha, plus a great view. Everyone on Level 3 was up dancin, and our excuse for wearin so many glowsticks around ourselves was that we had compeition from these girls on the other side of the room!! hehe. He sang really great, far better than i thought he would judging by some TV performances i saw, and the band were great too. Didnt particularly like the support band though lol.

What happened afterwards was a bit annoying but all in all a great night, and it was great to meet loads f you even though we had no idea who each other were!! Although ive now made a promise to Bab that il actually post from now on hehe

Carri and I got talking to one of the offical photographers in brighton and the same one was there last night and he sent them to me! He took the photos for the evening standard.

Well, they are just lovely! How nice of him to send them along to you! :)

dcdeb

I know, I know, I'm late I'm late...but I have been recovering from yesterday as I now have a cold courtesy of the Air Con...but here's what I thought of the gig last night...

BTW it was great meeting some of the members of MFC- I'ts a shame that Mika didnt't come out of a great length of time...

Mika Shephards Bush Empire- 14/05/07

This gig wasn’t about Mika’s ability to sing and perform and entertain; he had nothing to prove- he had made it. This gig was about showing Mika the love his fans had for him and his music.

He had the crowd, love them or hate them, in the palms of his hands- and he lapped it up. The only time the crowd didn’t sing along (or, over shall I say?) to Mika was when he sang Holy Johnny, a relatively new demo having been heard only a couple of times at his gigs in the USA and now here in the UK- this unfortunately meant that his cover’s for The Eurhythmic’s- Sweet Dreams, The Jackson Five’s- I want you back and his “Happy Endingâ€, which is the second time that he has sung this number live onstage, could not be heard.

I wasn’t too sure as to why Mika wasn’t talking to the crowd as much; but then again even if he had been, he wouldn’t have been heard…however he did at one point ask who had come in “Fantastical dress†as requested…there were a handful of people who had gone all out- but I get the feeling that he had expected more, although the crowd’s participation had more then made up for this “disappointmentâ€â€¦you may remember the turmoil and struggle that I was having in response to this request; well now I wonder why I had taken this request to heart, to the point of being stressed out and worried that I wouldn’t fit in, I needn’t have bothered. I now know I did this because I wanted to be accepted by Mika, as it seemed that this is the language he understands and the world he is in.

Now I could rave about Mika’s performance- he was fantastic and, as someone having experienced the gig he did in Leeds said “was on fireâ€â€¦ who wouldn’t have gotten an ego boost from being literally “worshipped†by the crowd? Mika leaped and bounded on stage, he teased and played to the crowd and we loved it!!! There was a point where he banged away on a big old dustbin bin; hitting it with such fever- it was electrifying. Now if this had been the first time I was seeing Mika, I would have only been impressed with the entertainment factor: you could not hear him sing and therefore could not appreciate this talent of his- so next time maybe louder speakers are called for? The encore was such a let down for me despite knowing from the forum what to expect: Teddy Bear’s Picnic Party…I wasn’t ready for it and I don’t think I ever will be…I just can’t take Mika seriously in a chicken suit, I don’t get it- but maybe that is the point, who knows? He more then made up for it when he took it off just as he was walking off stage and kicking big balloons into the crowd; we got a glimpse of his torso- but it wasn’t enough!!!

I now come onto what bugged me and ruined my evening for me: the crowd. Mika may have loved the reception that he was getting, but I along with other members of the crowd where getting crushed with all the enthusiasm (to put it kindly). At one point I had two hands on my shoulders pushing me under- Once I had recovered I discovered it had been my friend who despite her height, had had to stop herself from falling over- because a whole group behind her were just pushing forward. If there had been security there, they could not have done a single thing about it!! There were just too many people in the stalls and inconsiderate, selfish individuals who couldn’t care less about the effects of pushing and shoving in a crowd.

When I do see Mika again I will opt for sitting down, my chair can’t get crushed now can it?? And since Mika is a born entertainer- he has enough energy that can infuse a crowd of this size, I won’t feel cheated from the experience, but I may ask for one of those in earphones that he has, just so I can hear HIM sing as well and maybe carry binoculars so I can see him too…

yeh it was me Sara and her husband and a couple of people i dont think are on here... Kata was with you guys lol. it was so annoying lol

The gig itself was amazin though. We were a bit like "yeh its gonna be crap bein all the way on Level 3" but actually i think we all had a bigger party up there than in the bottom haha, plus a great view. Everyone on Level 3 was up dancin, and our excuse for wearin so many glowsticks around ourselves was that we had compeition from these girls on the other side of the room!! hehe. He sang really great, far better than i thought he would judging by some TV performances i saw, and the band were great too. Didnt particularly like the support band though lol.

What happened afterwards was a bit annoying but all in all a great night, and it was great to meet loads f you even though we had no idea who each other were!! Although ive now made a promise to Bab that il actually post from now on hehe

I was up on level 3 and I think it was the best place to be :biggrin2: I saw a few :wink2: people wearing glowsticks :naughty:

I got a couple of videos and LOADS of photos of the gig. I will try and sort them all later cos it will take me aaaages.

Unless anyone knows any tricks to resize a batch of photos of once?