Mika @ Shepherds Bush Empire

guinchogirl

the gig was fantastic! Fantastic!

Oh and did I say fantastic?

So good, I can't really describe and LT was just awesome (and I don't use that word lightly).

Yeah LT was amazing!! I've never hard aplause like it!! Amazing!!!!

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for posting, as I am back in Poland and would not have a chance to read this otherwise.

I was on the gig! It was absolutely brilliant!:groupwave:

Thank you everybody for the pics! I have none, as the batteries on my camera went down the minute Mika started singing:thumbdown:

Am I a jinx or what:shocked:

A little late, but there are some pictures that we took. Look how close we were!!!!

Those are just fabulous! And you WERE close! How ever did you manage that?

Thank you for sharing! :biggrin2:

dcdeb

Those are just fabulous! And you WERE close! How ever did you manage that?

Thank you for sharing! :biggrin2:

dcdeb

Haha... The secret is simple - I was waiting in the queue from 1 o'clock until they let us in at 7 and then Mika came on at 9:30, so it's 8.5 hours of waiting-that is the secret!!! :roftl: , but it was totally worth it!!!

Haha... The secret is simple - I was waiting in the queue from 1 o'clock until they let us in at 7 and then Mika came on at 9:30, so it's 8.5 hours of waiting-that is the secret!!! :roftl: , but it was totally worth it!!!

:shocked:

It WAS worth it, but I don't think I'll be able to manage that in June!

Hopefully, our venue won't be as big/crowded -- about how many people were at Shepherd's Bush?

dcdeb

:shocked:

It WAS worth it, but I don't think I'll be able to manage that in June!

Hopefully, our venue won't be as big/crowded -- about how many people were at Shepherd's Bush?

dcdeb

2000! That is why I though I should come early to be able to get nice place, and I wasn't even the first in the queue!!!!

I wish I could go to a smaller gig, less crowded, more chances to meet Mika, less waiting....

But then you should have seen what was going on inside during the performance!!! 2000 people going insane, electricity and energy was unbelievable!!! At one point I turned around and saw this sea of people going nuts, jumping up and down, even Mika and the band looked really surprised. Mika and Martin looked at each other like - have you seen that?! I was close so I could see that.

I think it gave him an extra energy to perform like that, especially LT. Just watched the vid, it got me all high again! :biggrin2:

2000! That is why I though I should come early to be able to get nice place, and I wasn't even the first in the queue!!!!

I wish I could go to a smaller gig, less crowded, more chances to meet Mika, less waiting....

But then you should have seen what was going on inside during the performance!!! 2000 people going insane, electricity and energy was unbelievable!!! At one point I turned around and saw this sea of people going nuts, jumping up and down, even Mika and the band looked really surprised. Mika and Martin looked at each other like - have you seen that?! I was close so I could see that.

I think it gave him an extra energy to perform like that, especially LT. Just watched the vid, it got me all high again! :biggrin2:

Have you got any videos? As they must be amazing since you were sooooo close???? And waiting for all that time in the cold and wet!! What a star!!

I think the club in DC holds about 1200 -- so that's quite a bit less. Plus, I just have no sense how popular Mika is here... aside from that awful phone interview he did a few weeks ago, I have not heard Mika once on a DC radio station. Granted, I listen mostly to satellite radio, but still... you'd think I might have heard him every now and then... So maybe that means the club crowd won't be overwhelming.

Well, there is that... more people do create a more electric atmosphere...

Oh well, I'll just have to wait and see... although the anticipation is like to KILL me! :naughty:

dcdeb <26 days 16 hours to Mika in DC!>

Have you got any videos? As they must be amazing since you were sooooo close???? And waiting for all that time in the cold and wet!! What a star!!

I'm just finding them on the Internet, look a few pages up, someone posted a few links.

I didn't film anything, cuz when you film, you need to focus on the camera, look on the screen all the time! I've seen Mika on a screen hundreds of times, so just wanted to enjoy looking at the live version for a change. :blush-anim-cl: Even if the experience is short lived... My friend filmed one song, he should send me the vid later.

Here's a video I took-Any Other World-Its not great quality but its better than nothing!!!!

Thank you SO much! People had mentioned he was doing this song now, but I hadn't seen any videos of it done live yet! Thank you thank you thank you! :biggrin2:

dcdeb

Right, I am officially raving now. Got over my huff at Mika not coming out at the end. :naughty:

Yesterday, I was a bit tired, didn't get home till nearly 2am, then on here till after 3. I didn't listen to Mika on the way home or at all yesterday.

Today I went out in the car and put Mika on and it all came flooding back.

He is SO much better live than on record and on record he is pretty good as you all know.

The gig was just incredible and Love Today was fantasic, at the end we just cheered and cheered for ages the whole place was just bouncing, then the cheering died down a little, then started again!

The atmosphere was just electric -guys you don't need a drink, you will get high just on the atmosphere and the music!

I cannot find enough superlatives in my vocabulary to describe it.

If you can get to a gig at all, you MUST!

Take your flashing hearts and signal to other MFC members!

Rave, rave, rave, now just going to sit in a corner and mumble to myself. :insane:

i agree with babspanky, you don't need to drink you get extremely high on Mika love!

everyone on the train home thought we were drunk and i have to admit i did feel a bit tipsy it was weird lol

i also have to say that Mika fans can definitely hold a tune. thats the only

concert i've been to where the crowd sang in time and in tune, it was amazing!

:naughty:

Right, I am officially raving now. Got over my huff at Mika not coming out at the end. :naughty:

Yesterday, I was a bit tired, didn't get home till nearly 2am, then on here till after 3. I didn't listen to Mika on the way home or at all yesterday.

Today I went out in the car and put Mika on and it all came flooding back.

He is SO much better live than on record and on record he is pretty good as you all know.

The gig was just incredible and Love Today was fantasic, at the end we just cheered and cheered for ages the whole place was just bouncing, then the cheering died down a little, then started again!

The atmosphere was just electric -guys you don't need a drink, you will get high just on the atmosphere and the music!

I cannot find enough superlatives in my vocabulary to describe it.

If you can get to a gig at all, you MUST!

Take your flashing hearts and signal to other MFC members!

Rave, rave, rave, now just going to sit in a corner and mumble to myself. :insane:

Actually, I'm not upset anymore either, just remembering the good parts. He was awesome, anyone who didn't see him live, missed out on time of their life! :thumb_yello:

i agree with babspanky, you don't need to drink you get extremely high on Mika love!

everyone on the train home thought we were drunk and i have to admit i did feel a bit tipsy it was weird lol

i also have to say that Mika fans can definitely hold a tune. thats the only

concert i've been to where the crowd sang in time and in tune, it was amazing!

:naughty:

The same was with me, felt like I was a little drunk, although I deliberately refused the drink before the gig, wanted to be 100% tuned in to be able to absorb all of the magic in.

Just to clear up that I didn't hear or see anything :blink: I was walking back to the stage door when he came out, I turned around to get Bab's attention and when I turned again, he was already gone :doh:

Oh !! Sorry, it was Bennie who heard, so... My mistake :mf_rosetinted:

another magic moment.. awwww *jealous* :biggrin2: so glad to hear ya all had a blast! :punk:

the pics are awesome, blackwildkitty!! and no, i think it's better not to post the one of his sister. :wink2:

awwww.. mika playing the "drums"...:wub2: