Mika Fan Club Get Together - Anyone interested??

leighhodgson

Where to hold the UK get together  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Where to hold the UK get together

• Brighton
    • Edinburgh
    • Leeds
    • Newcastle
    • Nottingham

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please come Mika Mad, I don't know a huge number of people on this forum but you are one I do know and would like to meet!

Hope we can fill a function room - much better idea. I was on a hen night a couple of weekends ago in Edinburgh and it was a nightmare trying to talk to people! Too old and deaf....

and you are one of the ones that I most want to meet! :thumb_yello:

I bottled out of a 40th birthday party this weekend because it was in a nightclub. I really can't stand having to shout and being shouted at.

I organised a school reunion a couple of years ago and booked a large room at the back of a pub. It was great because we had total control over the music. We played 80s stuff, but quietly, so that we could all talk!

(I also organised food, but everyone was too busy talking to eat it and most of it was still there at the end of the night!)

That was why I suggested brighton. It is close to Gatwick, it is not as confusing as London, nor as expensive, it is close to the channel tunnel link for those that like that kinda ride, has plenty to do for all ages and mind sets etc.

London is not on the list for most of those reasons. Brighton is less than an hour from London by train too :) London can be very scary, complicated, easy to get lost in from street to street. With Brighton, you at least have less to get lost in and can use the sea to get your bearings regardless of what languages you speak :)

even tho i voted to be honest as im pretty much midlands area and i can drive anywhere is suitable for me and if its on my way enroute to the place i dont mind taxi (ing) people aslong as its on the way :thumb_yello:

The thing is, no matter where we hold it, it's going to be easy for some people to get to and not for others.......

once the poll results are in, we'll decide and just have to stick with it. It won't suit everyone this time, but we WILL have another one somewhere else in the country. Why not???!! As I said before, we could have a regular thing.

You coming Sunny Monkey?

november...???? that's a long time away from now, can't it be during the summer or late summer?

I thought it would b summer tooooooo!!! summer would b so much nicer plus november is hard if ppl. r saving 4 xmas!!!

OMG im talking bout xmas and its only march(sorry)xxx

I would go to London, and hopefully my friend Charlie could come too, but doubt my parents would let me, as I don't know anyone personally and because I've met you all through the net :S Parents are very protective!!

Mine are too :(

I'd love to come....

However, I live too far away, I'm too young and I probably wouldn't be allowed. :(

I've suddenly had a change of heart.

When I get to know when this thing is I'm gonna beg my parents to let me go. I'll come up with some reason why I deserve to go and that it's safe. My mum's just read an article about the dangers of meeting people off the web sao maybe I should leave it a few days...

I hope hope hope cross fingers touch wood that I will be there. :)

I would love to come to London-I'm sure I could get a good deal on tickets. However, I don't know any single person in London :shocked: I could bring my husband with me, but he's not crazy about MIKA :thumbdown: So we would have big arguments how to spend time in London :roftl:

not too far for you from Bielefeld to southern england...

I know, but I'm only a poor student :(

Anyway, I hope you'll find a date and have a lot of fun. Maybe if everything works out there are going to be more meetings like this. Next year I'll be studying in England for a year and then I'll be with you (not just in my mind ;) )

but I really love the idea :thumb_yello: