Mika Fan Club Get Together - Anyone interested??

leighhodgson

Where to hold the UK get together  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Where to hold the UK get together

• Brighton
    • Edinburgh
    • Leeds
    • Newcastle
    • Nottingham

there are always worries like that regarding meeting people off the net but we are all safe here i get this overwhelming warm feeling off people :thumb_yello:

its all really friendly

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've suddenly had a change of heart.

When I get to know when this thing is I'm gonna beg my parents to let me go. I'll come up with some reason why I deserve to go and that it's safe. My mum's just read an article about the dangers of meeting people off the web sao maybe I should leave it a few days...

I hope hope hope cross fingers touch wood that I will be there. :)

Rosie where in wales do u live? i could always pick u up if things did work out,i'm just outside newport! they may feel better if yr going with someone. I know i wouldn let my daughter meet up with strangers. just a thought! ok X

Rosie where in wales do u live? i could always pick u up if things did work out,i'm just outside newport! they may feel better if yr going with someone. I know i wouldn let my daughter meet up with strangers. just a thought! ok X

Thanks for your kind offer :) I'll get back to you :)

Yikes what have a started.

London not mentioned on the poll cause when I suggested it in the very 1st posting, I was getting a lot of negative feedback.

My original ideal was to go to a hotel somewhere, get a private function room, doesn't even have to be a hotel, a pub would do. We could then control the music all night, as quiet or loud as we want.

We would be in the company of like minded people.

Private function, then our younglings could come along too!

Obviously if it's in a hotel, we could stay there. Equally, there are travel lodges etc everywhere so cheap rooms.

Location is never gonna be good for everyone so we have to go with the majority. It is possible to get cheap flights to most bigger UK locations.

Trains options too.

To our friends who can't for whatever reason come, sorry! But yes, we could do it each year, we could change the location. Don't be downhearted or feel left out, was never my intention.

Re the date, I mentioned November cause it may be difficult to get a venue and accommodation sorted for the summer. Plus people go away during the summer, so getting a date in the summer could prove to be a nightmare, not many people holiday in November.

Hope everyone is still excited and up for this!!!

Hi Mika, what you up to just now? x

It sounds as if its gonna be so cool. Would it be in the summer holidays??

I might not be allowed to come on my own so i mite have to bring a parent with me, but theyre cool parents.

They let me play drums with my band in a gay bar when i was 13, in front of streetfighters, transvestites, the lot, which i think proves theyre pretty cool.... :thumb_yello:

November might coincide with my sweet sixteenth though....i might be hungover for 2 weeks after that for all i know im already planning the huge bash!!

But im liking the idea of a function room thingy

I haven't read through all this thread (sorry! :wink2: ) but I voted Newcastle (Leeds would come a close 2nd place for me).

I loved Newcastle when we came up for the gig in Feb and would like to see more of that lovely city!

Gill

x

there are always worries like that regarding meeting people off the net but we are all safe here i get this overwhelming warm feeling off people :thumb_yello:

its all really friendly

My mum was when we met everyone for the gig in feb boy i got an ear bashing for that:boxed: but loved it all the same best night out:thumb_yello:

Absolutely Love Dublin, but costs tooooo much! Always spend a fortune over there. Temple Bar etc would just want to sit in pubs listening to the crack.

This idea is get a hotel somewhere, with a private function type thing, so really it doesn't matter that much where it is, just make it easy as possible for everyone to get to.

AAH Temple Bar, my spiritual home! My gran was born in Temple Bar so every chance I get I go back there. There is a hotel I stay at over there The NorthStar, which is opposite Connelly Station, the main rail link into Dublin. They have a couple of large conference rooms on the top floor, and the rates for rooms are pretty good.

I don't really mind where you hold the meeting, it would just be great to meet everyone finally, and put names to faces.

Hello. Just catching up after a couple of days away............and YES YES YES........definatetly.........brilliant idea.......Leezy.........you've excelled yourself there girl! Haven't read the entire thread so not sure where you are with location.........my only thought is thta London is probably easier (cheaper) for people from both the uk and other countries to get to. However, wherever it is, I will be there if i possibly can be

Hello. Just catching up after a couple of days away............and YES YES YES........definatetly.........brilliant idea.......Leezy.........you've excelled yourself there girl! Haven't read the entire thread so not sure where you are with location.........my only thought is thta London is probably easier (cheaper) for people from both the uk and other countries to get to. However, wherever it is, I will be there if i possibly can be

Hey Kath , the kinda of idea was to poll it , now its a close spilit between Brighton and Newcastle :thumb_yello::cool: .. anything could happen

I thnk we should choose somewhere suitable for everyone though.

Cause if i was gonna choose, id choose Leeds or Newcastle cause its closer to me, but i chose nottingham because its sort of middle of the country, and nobody would have any horrendous travelling hours, because im being fair and thinking about everyone else.

Its not exactly party capital though.... i probably couldnt come if its in Brighton!!