Mika @ Concorde2 Brighton

guinchogirl

How weird! Try searching mika sweet dreams on there and see if you can get it!

tried, nothing , did you put mika in the title? You tube right? does the link work for anyone else?:blink::boxed:

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, when you say 'JFC' do you mean me? If so, why? lol.

Don't worry carrinevie - I wasn't talking about you at all. If you was at the front... then it was behind you. Just a set of people who obv turned up late and as soon as Mika hit the stage - they stormed through people.

FAO Jules and Kev: I'm J.C. from you know where! lol.

WOW!!!! That's all I can say!!! It looks like you all had THE best time....

looking at your pics.. watching your vids and reading your posts is getting me so excited for Leeds!!!!

thanks guys xxx

Hi everyone!

I have just returned from Brighton with lots of bruises and a lost voice! This was the best mika gig ever!

Here is my version of events!

After a nightmare train journey from Sunny Essex to Brighton and a mad dash to my hotel, I eventually arrived at Concorde. Meeting me in the queue was our very own Jen and her wonderful sister (more of her later), Blue eyes (of Jules and Kev fame), Kev and Dazzle (who had gone off wondering for chocolate). When I got out of the taxi I realised that I was one of the few who had gone the whole hog and completely dressed up (I was a cowgirl, which you can probably tell by the pics posted earlier). Luckily Carri appeared shortly after in her hat too. Jules had on the most amazing t-shirt which had little pictures of Mika's art work all over it.

Anyway so we all merrily enjoyed being fenced in, in the queue we entertained ourselves as only we can by singing Mika songs and trying to look through the doors to see Mika.

I am very sorry if anyone thought we were barging people out of the way, we weren't, we just had organised one of our cunning plans to get to the front -RUN!:blush-anim-cl:

After running like a mad thing (I not designed for running!) Carri, Jen, Laura and the rest of the gang found our places at the front! We were all flashing with our glowing hearts and looked fabulous. Whilst waiting for Mika I did what I do best at Mika gigs, drink ridiculous amounts of vodka and cranberry juice!

Carri and I were talking to the photographers at the front and were having a very jolly conversation with a very handsome young man (security) who later turned out to be called Antonio and liked Jen's legs and Carri's boobs!

Dazzle by this point had manged to some how lean over and take a piccie of the set list so we all knew what was coming and it was amazing!

Mika came bounding on stage to relax (with his flies open!:naughty:) and we were having a very merry time singing and jumping about like mad things!

Mika definitely smiled at me, along with Martin (who was right in front of us) and Mikey! Poor Luke was suck at the back as usual, so I didn't manage to make him smile!

Mika referred to us flashing so I lent over and gave one of my flashing hearts to Antonio to put on the stage. Mika then picked it up and started waving it around his head during love today! He then threw it out into the crowd (so if this turns up on ebay, you really know that Mika has touched it!).

Mika and the band really were amazing and I think they enjoyed the fact that we were singing really loudly, especially during happy ending, if i do say so myself we sounded awesome!

Mika also sang the Jackson's classic I want you back which really suited his voice and we were loving it!

So I now get to the bit that I know you are all interested in- meeting the man himself!

After Lollipop had ended we went in search of the back stage area and after being removed from said area, we went around he back for the hope of a glimpse of the man himself. Carri tried the old 'I need the loo' act whilst Jen and I sang 'hey Mika you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, Yo Mika' extremely loudly, to which we were getting very odd looks! lol

We were then told that Mika would be signing back in the building, so back we went.

I managed to get a piece of paper that was stuck to the stage with the words to i want you back on and then managed to spill the whole entire contents of my bag onto the floor and thus ruining my pink Rosette, I am gutted!

Anyway we were waiting for Mika and then when he came out he stopped and asked me if the flashing heart was mine before going to the back of the room to sign stuff for people. As the queue was long I decided to wait but ended up talking to Cherisse! She is lovely! I gave her one of my hearts and I told her (ok warned her) that Freddie LOVES her!:wub2: Freddie she knows all about you!

I then got talking to Yazmine who is soooooooooooo lovely. We had a really long chat and she was wearing the most amazing jewelery. I then headed over to see Mika and then realised I had nothing for him to sign:blush-anim-cl: (the sticky piece of lyric paper was torn and the only other thing I had was a £20 note!). Mika then signed my hat! :biggrin2: I have no photos of this as I was on cloud nine at the time and my head was in cloud cuckoo land. I told Mika that I will be dressed as a fairy on Monday, and he said that he would look out for me!

So Mika and his band headed to his tour bus and we decided to wave him off in true MFC tradition by singing, blowing kisses and waving like mental! Through the glass you could see that Mika was on his phone and Cherisse still had my flashing heart! I also told Mikey that I liked his hair and could I do it for him next time?!:roftl:

Mika's tour bus pulled away and we skipped Merrily into the night! I would like to tell you that our adventure ended there but it didn't. Jen's wonderful sister offered me a lift back to my hotel, this then entailed driving around Brighton for over an hour! I must say a HUGE thankyou to Laura (and the lovely people of Brighton) for this!

I then skipped through the hotel getting some very peculiar looks but I didn't care, Mika had spoke to me, signed my hat, and given us one of the best nights of our lives! THANKYOU MIKA:biggrin2:

Well hello Jen!

Yes it was me shouting in Jules video:blush-anim-cl: Everything just seems ike a blur now and I can't remember what Mika said to me!

hey!!! well, i think it's completely normal!:naughty:

Hi it was absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were at the front and met Mika b4 the show and after , he was unbelievable and miles better than i ever expected. He is so much more gorgeous in real life, we tried to gate crash the VIP area but didnt go to well, spoke to Mikas sister and lolli pop girl. Sunny was not there!!! :shocked: Jemmalee has the details on that. It was a brilliant venue and the crowd were so brilliant OMG I love him so much now! Carrie Jem and me waved Mika off on his tour bus! he was on his phone! HAPPY ENDING WAS AMAZING as was sweet dreams and that johnny song!:biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: He signed my album sleeve and wrote all over his pic so i told him off, he was so smiley! I cant believe when we arrived he was just like standing there like a normal person! and i said hello, it was so surreal , Jem will have more reports later,w ith pics, mine are pants I was too excited, he def looked at me and waved, he was about one foot away. Carrie and Jamma are brillaint absolutely hilarious girls. Loved to meet them

Wow! Sounds like you had a GREAT night!!! :wink2:

Hi it was absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were at the front and met Mika b4 the show and after , he was unbelievable and miles better than i ever expected. He is so much more gorgeous in real life, we tried to gate crash the VIP area but didnt go to well, spoke to Mikas sister and lolli pop girl. Sunny was not there!!! :shocked: Jemmalee has the details on that. It was a brilliant venue and the crowd were so brilliant OMG I love him so much now! Carrie Jem and me waved Mika off on his tour bus! he was on his phone! HAPPY ENDING WAS AMAZING as was sweet dreams and that johnny song!:biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: :biggrin2: He signed my album sleeve and wrote all over his pic so i told him off, he was so smiley! I cant believe when we arrived he was just like standing there like a normal person! and i said hello, it was so surreal , Jem will have more reports later,w ith pics, mine are pants I was too excited, he def looked at me and waved, he was about one foot away. Carrie and Jamma are brillaint absolutely hilarious girls. Loved to meet them

cool cool cool :):thumb_yello:

Right. Here we go!

I got to the venue around 4.30ish. After about an hour deciding whether or not to venture to the shops to buy face paints, Mika's tour bus arrived. This confused the 4 of us waiting as we thought he was in there already.

Mika walks towards us, looking casual and unshaven. He looked at me and said "We've met before, haven't we?" Can't believe he remembered me! We chatted for a few minutes. He was talking about the Prince gig and how he can't believe he gets invited to those kinda things. I asked him for a random picture of us doing the Freddie. He said no but we could do the Grace Kelly to eachother instead. And voila:

l_cae297c985f6c51f99d8ffa3c9ab2180.jpg

I asked him if he'd be doing happy ending. He said maybe! So I was thrilled that he did it!

The other nutty fans turned up. Carrie had a go at me for not accepting her on myspace!:shocked: Jemma was as mad as ever. We managed to scare the guys trying to organise the queue by being sarcastic and stupid. And the operatic version of Lollipop we did was quite fab!

The gig itself was fab! Mika gets better each time... though he did mess up his lines a few times. The best one was during lollipop. "Take a look at a girl like me" - his face afterwards was priceless. It was like "****".

Setlist:

Relax

Big girl

My interpretation

Billy Brown

Any other world

Stuck in the middle

Ring ring

Sweet dreams

Holy Johnny

Happy ending

I want you back

Love today

Grace Kelly

Lollipop

So no over my shoulder which didn't bother me much!

Afterwards we hung around trying to get backstage then were told Mika would come out to sign. I was hoping he'd remember my name. Didn't even have to ask. As soon as he saw me, he said "Nice braces, Daz". I almost died. Instead I just pulled them and sung the word braaaaaces like he does in big girl. I'm a twat! We got a random pic of us posing with spongebob toys which didn't come out. Booo!

Anyway - the man is the loveliest man in the world. The fans are the maddest people in the world.

Roll on Monday!

YaY!!!!!!!! how fun:) mika is sooo nice ALLWAYS!

amazing pic!!!:biggrin2:

WOW - what an absolutely amazing evening !! MIKA was heavenly, it was wonderful to meet and chat with him before the show and very lovely of him to spend time with us loons too :roftl:

I'll upload some photos later, but for now thought you might like to see a bit of Happy Ending (sorry it's not the whole song, but our camera can only record 3 minutes of video). Hope you enjoy, and will post some piccies later.

http://www.myspace.com/julesnkev

(Then click on 'videos' underneath our picture)

Jules

x

p.s. It was lovely to meet so many friendly people last night - thanks for keeping us entertained! Roll on Monday !!

thank u!!! its great :)

Right. Here we go!

I got to the venue around 4.30ish. After about an hour deciding whether or not to venture to the shops to buy face paints, Mika's tour bus arrived. This confused the 4 of us waiting as we thought he was in there already.

Mika walks towards us, looking casual and unshaven. He looked at me and said "We've met before, haven't we?" Can't believe he remembered me! We chatted for a few minutes. He was talking about the Prince gig and how he can't believe he gets invited to those kinda things. I asked him for a random picture of us doing the Freddie. He said no but we could do the Grace Kelly to eachother instead. And voila:

l_cae297c985f6c51f99d8ffa3c9ab2180.jpg

I asked him if he'd be doing happy ending. He said maybe! So I was thrilled that he did it!

The other nutty fans turned up. Carrie had a go at me for not accepting her on myspace!:shocked: Jemma was as mad as ever. We managed to scare the guys trying to organise the queue by being sarcastic and stupid. And the operatic version of Lollipop we did was quite fab!

The gig itself was fab! Mika gets better each time... though he did mess up his lines a few times. The best one was during lollipop. "Take a look at a girl like me" - his face afterwards was priceless. It was like "****".

Setlist:

Relax

Big girl

My interpretation

Billy Brown

Any other world

Stuck in the middle

Ring ring

Sweet dreams

Holy Johnny

Happy ending

I want you back

Love today

Grace Kelly

Lollipop

So no over my shoulder which didn't bother me much!

Afterwards we hung around trying to get backstage then were told Mika would come out to sign. I was hoping he'd remember my name. Didn't even have to ask. As soon as he saw me, he said "Nice braces, Daz". I almost died. Instead I just pulled them and sung the word braaaaaces like he does in big girl. I'm a twat! We got a random pic of us posing with spongebob toys which didn't come out. Booo!

Anyway - the man is the loveliest man in the world. The fans are the maddest people in the world.

Roll on Monday!

HEY DAZ -I KNOW YOU!!!! It's taken me this long to realise. Small world... I was that random girl (Layla's friend) who was talking to you about Scissor Sisters in the queue at Nelly Furtado's gig in Feb, Remember?..probably not...

Anyway great pic!!! and thanks for the vid!

Still on a high, sigh:woot_jump:

So here are some of our pics...

brighton001.jpg

brighton002.jpg

....with the lovely Jemma

brighton003.jpg

brighton004.jpg

brighton005.jpg

I try to be like Grace Kelly....

brighton006.jpg

NIIIIIICE !!!!! great pix!!!!

u guys gonna add it to the MIKA ALBUM???