MIKA @ Oxegen Festival - Dublin

Yoppappop

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Christine, I see the point you are making and of course you are right - it just doesn't help me and even if I understand why it is happening, I don't think I will ever really understand it :thumbdown:

Don't expect to ever get any answers from Mika. I'm sure his camp told these festivals whatever they needed to in order to extricate Mika from his legal obligations and they're not going to contradict those excuses publicly, especially when lawsuits are being threatened.

I still don't think this is a matter of Scandinavian fans = not important, other fans = important. The reality is that some gigs are more important than others and it's got nothing to do with which fans are perceived as more important. An appearance on North American television that is going to reach 6 million people is more important than playing day one of a Swedish festival.

I'm sure Mika doesn't like reneging on his commitments, but he's not a fool and I don't think he's a puppet for his management team. He's looked at the risk/benefit of pissing off some fans and setting a bad precedent with festival organizers against an opportunity to reach millions of potential fans and he's taking his chances on the latter.

As for the other cancellations, I think Mika is having some real health problems and it's not simply exhaustion. I know everyone is shocked and horrified at his schedule, but it's not *that* crazy. Other young artists like Paolo Nutini, Amy Winehouse and Lily Allen have been on this touring/promo blitz three times longer than Mika. And yeah they miss the occasional gig but it's not surprising since they drink their faces off night after night.

Whoever said he can't be arsed going to the Scandinavian shows is probably right but it's because he's not in top form and he's trying to balance getting as much rest as possible with fulfilling as many obligations as possible. It's a lot easier to play a small gig in Reading and be at home in bed a few hours later than it is fly to another country and pull out all the stops at a festival show.

I think these kind of logistical issues are probably why a show was added in Montreal when it was as well. He knew he couldn't possibly make WOW once he decided to do GMA so he booked a replacement gig in Montreal because it's so close. It's not a matter of blowing off Sweden because Montreal is more important.

There's no doubt some mistakes have been made here but Mika's game plan over less than a year has been changing dramatically as his career has skyrocketed, probably faster than anyone expected.

There are also things he has no control over, like if and when he's going to get a lot of radio airplay in the US, so he needs to focus a lot of attention on making it happen whenever he gets the opportunity. His appearances on US television could mean the difference between selling 3 million copies of LICM and selling 5 or 10 million copies.

As distasteful as that may seem to fans, the record company wants the commercial success of this album to match all the hype and expense that they have put into launching it. Mika needs this kind of support from his record company if his subsequent projects are going to get the same push to really launch him into superstardom.

I know this situation is really sucky, but I think Mika and his management are trying to look at the big picture here and fans should probably cut him some slack and do the same.

Yeah, so I didn't need to quote the whole thing...but wanted to.

Christine - thank you for writingthe obvious that we need a dose of. Finally....:thumb_yello:

I find it totally amazing that we don't have any Irish fans on this board.

Oy Ireland!! Wake up and join the MFC!!

And while you are at it, post some youtube videos...I cannot believe that there are only a couple of vids of ANYthing from Oxegen. Maybe the Irish fans have better things to do of an evening than hang out on their computers:naughty: :naughty:

I find it totally amazing that we don't have any Irish fans on this board.

Oy Ireland!! Wake up and join the MFC!!

And while you are at it, post some youtube videos...I cannot believe that there are only a couple of vids of ANYthing from Oxegen. Maybe the Irish fans have better things to do of an evening than hang out on their computers:naughty: :naughty:

Hiya Blue sky !!! Ya know , I was thinking that about a week ago .... are there any Irish fans on MFC ?? If so ... I don't think I've 'met' them yet ... :blink:

I see your point Christie. I just can't help being mad! They ****ing lied to us! Said he was sick and then played a secret gig AFTER the ****ing cancelling!!!!

:thumbdown:

EnFa, Kata I understand why you're pissed, but it's not necessarily Mika's intention is to lie to his fans. He has to tell the festivals whatever he needs to in order to get out of his contractually obligations.

I know the whole thing is kind of ugly, but if you look at it in the context of what we know for a fact about Mika's interactions with fans (all the first hand accounts, photos and videos where he's gone above and beyond to please them), you can imagine that he's made these excuses because he's in a bad position and he doesn't have much choice. I really don't believe he takes fan support for granted whether they're French fans or Danish fans.

I'm surprised there are no Irish MFCers either! Maybe there will be more videos up tomorrow since Oxegen is still going on today, isn't it?

EnFa, Kata I understand why you're pissed, but it's not necessarily Mika's intention is to lie to his fans. He has to tell the festivals whatever he needs to in order to get out of his contractually obligations.

I know the whole thing is kind of ugly, but if you look at it in the context of what we know for a fact about Mika's interactions with fans (all the first hand accounts, photos and videos where he's gone above and beyond to please them), you can imagine that he's made these excuses because he's in a bad position and he doesn't have much choice. I really don't believe he takes fan support for granted whether they're French fans or Danish fans.

I'm surprised there are no Irish MFCers either! Maybe there will be more videos up tomorrow since Oxegen is still going on today, isn't it?

I'm with everything you've said Christine !!:thumb_yello:

yeah, but pneumonia? And the cancel a show just to play a gig the day before?

THEM are irritating me!

Oh come on !!! I won't say everything again !! I said it all yesterday : he performed an "energetic and memorable" performance... Why would i think that it was humiliating again ?

please show more tolerance when replying ....

please show more tolerance when replying ....

Is it a new game of yours ? I ALREADY replied to your ALREADY posted PM telling me the SAME thing !! No need to post it here to make me lie again :doh: And once again, should i add that you come to the thread waaaaaaaay after the battle and post it to show everybody that you're "doing your mod job" ? PLEASE... :lmao:

Do i have to follow you in every "delicate" thread, now ? :naughty:

Ok, so THIS was my last post in this thread...

Wow...there's a lot of negativity in here. Seems like some people need to take a walk..

yes....hmm...i want to tell u how i feel...

I became a fan last month, and then wow, i find here as if i discover treasure!

so i come here everyday and feel so gratified coz i can get the lastest news from mika

and i love reading the report even i can't go to the gig

but then...yeah the cancel thing happen..

here become a scary place to me....some dirty words..

everyone speculate the cause...

waiting for any news or pic that can prove he is ILL..

Most of the posts are sarcastic.......

we all know why u guy are pissed off ...but...

Do u think Mika is really want to hurt his fans by any intention?

and u should know how he treat his fans

also i still think what u guy mean "important country"

it is not judged by mika or his team, but instead it is judged by yourself

he always say he wants his music can be listened by ppl all around the world

that's why he start touring

he welcome fans from all of the world

Why you have to go and make things so complicated?

and plz.......let yourself let go.........

no offence...

:sorry: :sorry:

and if anyone can have a chance to see him

plz punch him and interrogate him face to face:biggrin2:

Hi everybody! I have gone from here since yesterday morning so what happened?

I hope you went there to not meet him!!! :biggrin2:

And what about his health?

Not much. He appeared at Oxegen and T in the Park and seems to be quite healthy (maybe apart from some kind of exhaustion). No ear infection or pneunomia (?). But something tells me that these diseases aren't over yet :wink2: . Sorry! Me being sarcastic again. Bad bad Haeschen!!!! *slaps herself*

Not much. He appeared at Oxegen and T in the Park and seems to be quite healthy (maybe apart from some kind of exhaustion). No ear infection or pneunomia (?). But something tells me that these diseases aren't over yet :wink2: . Sorry! Me being sarcastic again. Bad bad Haeschen!!!! *slaps herself*

:huglove: You're gonna hurt you!!!

I think that they think we are stupid and that if they tell us other gigs will be cancelled because his hair has a cancer, we will think it's true!!!

Hi everybody! I have gone from here since yesterday morning so what happened?

I hope you went there to not meet him!!! :biggrin2:

And what about his health?

here you are a little summary of the last 25-30 pages :mf_rosetinted:

Do I need to post a summary on every page? I can...

What happened: he went, he played, he was energetic and "memorable" and sang pretty much like always.

Thus: pneumonia thing is likely a lie, along the lines of the "lost voice" statement.

Thus: the Scandinavian fans are super-pissed off now.

Likely: Mika really is sick, if not with pneumonia, but just with exhaustion, and is cancelling whatever shows he and his management think they can spare.

Most of us think: it's not fair that the shows in the smaller countries are the ones they think they can "spare." Also, Mika needs a lot more rest and not to keep on cancelling the odd show and then just killing himself with performing the next night anyway. He needs a break of a week at least.

However: his schedule for the rest of July seems a lot more manageable.

Unfortunately: that means we may never get answers or accountability from his management, and all that's happened is that he's accrued a lot of ill will in Denmark.

End of re-cap. Again.

--Jack

:huglove: You're gonna hurt you!!!

I think that they think we are stupid and that if they tell us other gigs will be cancelled because his hair has a cancer, we will think it's true!!!

I already have some bruises :blink: . No, not really :biggrin2: .

But if there is something wrong with his hair, he'll loose his voice :shocked: . Don't make such awful predictions :wink2: .