MIKA @ Oxegen Festival - Dublin

Yoppappop

Hi Guys!

Well I have just read the 20-something pages of posts since I left here last night and am now even more confused than when I left :sneaky2:

I guess we sit tight and wait for reports to come in :blink:

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WELL.....I have it from good information that MIKA is playing at T in the Park tomorrow-today 8/7!

So maybey he was just bit fed up can't blame singing the same old stuff over and over!! lol!

So he is well!

xx

WELL.....I have it from good information that MIKA is playing at T in the Park tomorrow-today 8/7!

So maybey he was just bit fed up can't blame singing the same old stuff over and over!! lol!

So he is well!

xx

Thanks Daisylou! Did you hear anything on what happened at Oxegen?

The thought that kept me busy today:

What would the other band members think of all this? Martin, Mikey, Luke, Cherisse... They are part of the whole circus too.

The circus aspect is so true!

We await more news. And Scotland holds its collective breath...

Mika did a quite good performance at Oxegen this year. :thumb_yello:

So he has no pneumonia :yay:

So he may be sued by Nibe for cancelling for nothing...

hmmm ok.... thanks

Well, isn't that nice then? At least all the fans who were worried sick themselves over him being on death's door with pneumonia don't have to worry any longer. And we go back to square one, where we were at Nibe.

Too bad for all the fans whose shows will continue getting cancelled after they've already bought their tickets with no clear reason why, however...

Honestly, at this point, I think all most of us want is answers. Ugh.

--Jack

doesn't mika or his reps know that he has a fan club, watching his every move?(sounds stalker-ish) like... did they not think that we wouldnt know about the secret gig? did they not think we would figure out that he doesnt have pneumonia?!

So he is well!

xx

[sarcasm]Oh good to hear the poor boy is alright [/sarcasm]

will be very interesting :blink:

ok,so I`ve just read the past 20 or so pages....it`s fricken idiotic to get him to go there knowing that he won`t sing

They are killin him,and yeah,I`m with Yop`s "pathetic,humiliating,poor guy...etc" list

Any more news as to why it happend?

What a day…lets just say its been a busy one. We’ve ogling spotting Hollywood A-listers backstage (Tim Robins, Michael Stipe, Josh Hartnett, Helena Christiensen) getting our ear bent by Beth Ditto about how she’s so excited about meeting Mika “I’m gonna pee my pants†and also witnessing some blinding sets. In particular those from The Cribs, Queens Of The Stone Age, The Gossip, Interpol, Biffy Clyro, Kings Of Leon and Muse, all fairly titanic. We’ve also finished the day mud covered, rain sodden and sunburnt (figure that one out).

As the evening drew to a close, headlining the Green Room QOTSA’s Josh Homme made it quite clear how much he’s in love Ireland, “you mother****ers know how to ****ing party†he declared before ‘Feel Good Hit Of The Summer.’ Over on the main stage Muse came on half an hour late, after Snow Patrol greedily play an encore which few people wanted. It at least cuts the flab from the trio’s set (less piano noodling, more raging riffage) as they steadily destroy Punchestown.

Spots of the late evening: Badly Drawn Boy refusing to leave the stage and playing acoustic as Tori Amos’ roadcrew set up around him over at the Pet Sounds Stage. Tom Smith wearing pristine white shoes and biting his nails and the porky one from Maximo Park strolling through backstage with some giggling groupies. And pretty much everyone on site laughing at Mika’s daft stage inflatables. Disappointing however that you couldn’t get a beer anywhere on site from 10pm onwards.

Anyways we’re off to snatch a few hours sleep before doing it all again. Tomorrow brings Arcade Fire, The Killers, CSS, Klaxons, Bright Eyes, Brian Wilson, Razorlight, Daft Punk. Tonight brings dreams of beautiful, uninterrupted internet connection…stay tuned

ok,so I`ve just read the past 20 or so pages....it`s fricken idiotic to get him to go there knowing that he won`t sing

They are killin him,and yeah,I`m with Yop`s "pathetic,humiliating,poor guy...etc" list

can't find anything yet really, but it seems he did sing anyway and what we heard was just the end of the concert with the audience singing along.

[sarcasm]Oh good to hear the poor boy is alright [/sarcasm]

will be very interesting :blink:

Kata how can you be sooooooooooooooooooooooo calm???? After Leeds I saw you annoyed and thought this would make you worse!!!

Can't blame you I would be furious too! fells like a bit of a p**s take when you have waited for ages.

What you have to remember its not always MIKA (dunno about the illness thing on this one!!) but his management team! They had him in 3 places at once!! Maybey they just said the first thing that came into their heads? but to be honest it reflects badly on him and a radio gig more important than a whole country? Hmmm...Priorities dear MIKA!

xx

Kata how can you be sooooooooooooooooooooooo calm???? After Leeds I saw you annoyed and thought this would make you worse!!!

Can't blame you I would be furious too! fells like a bit of a p**s take when you have waited for ages.

What you have to remember its not always MIKA (dunno about the illness thing on this one!!) but his management team! They had him in 3 places at once!! Maybey they just said the first thing that came into their heads? but to be honest it reflects badly on him and a radio gig more important than a whole country? Hmmm...Priorities dear MIKA!

xx

I'm pissed off beyond belief, I just got most of it out yesterday :blink: And I frankly don't care who is in charge, I just hope that whoever it is will be sued by both Nibe and Roskilde :sneaky2:

xx

We've been discussing this for more than 24 hours, so we've come to conclusions for a while now, you should read some of the posts and you would understand that nobody blames your poor little Mika but whoever is responsible for that (Mika or not Mika)/

I'm not thinking that anymore :fisch:

I have looked for mentions of MIKA on stage at Oxygen and can't find anything.

It just says he was to play at 19.40? Did anyone go?

Still think its very bad even to go!! Hmmm would he have flown over there?

am intrigued now!

xx

Daisy: he went, he played, he was energetic and "memorable" and sang pretty much like always.

Thus: pneumonia thing is likely a lie, along the lines of the "lost voice" statement.

Thus: the Scandinavian fans are super-pissed off now.

Likely: Mika really is sick, if not with pneumonia, but just with exhaustion, and is cancelling whatever shows he and his management think they can spare.

Most of us think: it's not fair that the shows in the smaller countries are the ones they think they can "spare." Also, Mika needs a lot more rest and not to keep on cancelling the odd show and then just killing himself with performing the next night anyway. He needs a break of a week at least.

However: his schedule for the rest of July seems a lot more manageable.

Unfortunately: that means we may never get answers or accountability from his management, and all that's happened is that he's accrued a lot of ill will in Denmark.

--Jack

We still have had no reports though? I can't find anything on the net. I agree though that whoever is putting his schedule together needs to focus a bit more on what is possible (ie the 3 gigs in 3 countries coming up!) and stop feeding lies to the media, confusing us even more!