2007 - Mika @ Somerset House - London: 17-07-2007

Yoppappop

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on my experiences of open air gigs over the last few weeks my advice is to just ignore the weather forecasts.

16th June - The Feeling at Delamere Forest - forecast was for rain, rain, rain - we drove through torrential rain on Saturday afternoon. But when we arrived at the campsite it was dry, and the rain held off for the rest of the evening. Despite a few black clouds hanging over us, it didn't rain - and gig was great!

6th - 8th July - Cornbury Music Festival - the week leading up to this was very, very wet (there was all the flooding in the north). Forecasts was for more rain on two of the three days. Turned out to be one of the sunniest weekends of the year! Took wellies not sun cream and ended up getting burnt!

So based on that I am ignoring the weather forecasts. I will take my raincoat just in case - but may leave my umbrella at home. They confiscated it at The Feeling gig, and when I went to collect it they had put a different numbered ticket on it to the number on the ticket that they gave me. Ended up throwing a tantrum to get my brolly back :bash:

Trust me it'll be dry ... but please don't hold me to that :blush-anim-cl:

And don't forget that it is me who is coming to the UK! It never rains when I come to the UK! :biggrin2:

Well to be honest I haven't been there since February 2004 - the last time I was in Edinburgh it started to snow, it never snows in Edinburgh :naughty: - so I have no idea if it still works.

BTW this is what the weather forecast for London says on the site I use in Holland: http://www.weeronline.nl/cgi-bin/regframe?3CODE=%26CONT%3Deuro%26WMO%3D03772&TYPSUCHE=01&PRG=citybild&PROG=citybild&LANG=nl

Me and Bexx are in London! She's at the hostel and I'm at my sisters now, Saras was on her way last I heard too! :thumb_yello:

So far no problems :D

I'm just havin some food then were goin to Somerset House for Lily Allen... I'm gonna try and suss out as much info as I can so we know what to expect tomorrow! Doubt I'll be online again tonight so i'll see you all tomorrow!!!!

Question: do you think a lot of people would be queuing? it's just that I'm going to see a play befire the gig and would be there only after 17h so I'm just wondering?

The people who would be in lOndon? what have you planned after your parade? I wouldn't mind meeting you for lunch, kind of picninc maybe?

I'm not sure what's going on really.... All I know is that I'm gong to be at Piccadilly at about 10:15 to get changed at the hostel then meet the others..

You can never really tell how many people will be queuing, It depends on the weather etc. We're all gonna be there from about middayish I think...that's the plan at least!

It's really warm here at the moment though...but last forcast I heard for tomorrow is sunny intervals and short, sharp, heavy showers

And don't forget that it is me who is coming to the UK! It never rains when I come to the UK! :biggrin2:

Well to be honest I haven't been there since February 2004 - the last time I was in Edinburgh it started to snow, it never snows in Edinburgh :naughty: - so I have no idea if it still works.

BTW this is what the weather forecast for London says on the site I use in Holland: http://www.weeronline.nl/cgi-bin/regframe?3CODE=%26CONT%3Deuro%26WMO%3D03772&TYPSUCHE=01&PRG=citybild&PROG=citybild&LANG=nl

We all know who to blame then when we drown waiting in the queue tomorrow :naughty: Apparently thunder storms are also on the cards at the moment...should be fun

We all know who to blame then when we drown waiting in the queue tomorrow :naughty: Apparently thunder storms are also on the cards at the moment...should be fun

oh great.. can't wait :fisch:

I just went to the doctors and I have a 'rumbling appendix'. Luckily, it isn't serious, but if it gets worse, I have to go hosp. again (grr) but I explained to my mum my appendix will have to wait til Wensday. It is now 29 and a half hours til the doors open :biggrin2:

Question: do you think a lot of people would be queuing? it's just that I'm going to see a play befire the gig and would be there only after 17h so I'm just wondering?

The people who would be in lOndon? what have you planned after your parade? I wouldn't mind meeting you for lunch, kind of picninc maybe?

I won't be there 'til around 6 pm. I have to work tomorrow, and although I will leave work early I still have to get up to London from Northampton. I would have thought there will be a lot of people in the same boat. Although there will definitely be people in the queue before you I should have thought you will still be OK at 5 pm for a good spot. Lots of people who live and work in the capital will probably not have taken the day off work.

I just went to the doctors and I have a 'rumbling appendix'. Luckily, it isn't serious, but if it gets worse, I have to go hosp. again (grr) but I explained to my mum my appendix will have to wait til Wensday. It is now 29 and a half hours til the doors open :biggrin2:

Becky that doesn't sound good :stretcher:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :thumb_yello:

Oh no! Hope you all don't get rained on in the queue! Happened to us at the DC gig -- lots of rain and thunder and even LIGHTNING! :shocked: Didn't "dampen" our spirits of course! :wink2:

Anyhow, hope your wait is dry and that you have fabulous spots up front --

can't wait to hear all the stories and see all the photos! :thumb_yello:

dcdeb

I don't care, it will lol :biggrin2:

For anyone on the forum, I would like to apologise in advance because my mum said if the queue is massive when we get there, she is going to use my little sisters thingmabob to get us to the front (cos of her disability she has the right apparently) mand I would like to say PLEASE don't blame me, because I don't think it's really fair. But I have to stick with my little sis.

What I mean is I know some of you will be going up there about 12ish, and we won't be getting there til 5ish. And going to the front will seem pretty unfair on those that have been waiting for ages. I'm happy to go up there 12ish, but I have school and so does my sister.

request for those who attend the gig: I have already asked bexxy, but I ask once again.. can you grab me a mika rosette..? possibly blue but even pink does.. *puppiest puppy eyes*

I'll send ya the money for it o.c. pretty please..:blush-anim-cl: