2007 - Mika @ Somerset House - London: 17-07-2007

Yoppappop

hmm i wonder where the filming is gonna be!

i was interview and so was jem, so i wonder what thats gonna be on!

(although i hope its not me cos i was a twat!)

yeah me Sara and Jennie were interviewed aswell - when Jemma was being interviewed i was there taking pictures i remember Jemma stroking the hand of Alan Cummings though :biggrin2:

we were asked if we thought mika fans were a bit obsessed :roftl:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah me Sara and Jennie were interviewed aswell - when Jemma was being interviewed i was there taking pictures i remember Jemma stroking the hand of Alan Cummings though :biggrin2:

we were asked if we thought mika fans were a bit obsessed :roftl:

well, i wouldn't say obsessed! :mf_rosetinted:

i have noo idea when it will be on tv ....hopefully it wont be too long to wait

*fingers crossed*

i think to the question are we a little bit obsessed i cant remember what i said i think i said yeah a tiny bit ...well you have to be to walk down from Picadilly circus to somerset house dressed like this :roftl:

:biggrin2: First of all: I'd like to thank all of you who were at Somerset House. I wish I had spoken to you more, but I'm a bit shy, I was freezing, and a bit ill. (Had walked waayyy too much on the day before. Also my stomach hurts every time when I'm nervous, whether the stress is bad or good. :boxed: ) I will chat with you more next time.

Yes, I wish I'd had the confidence to go up to more people and say hello. I will try harder next time. It would be good if we had an MFC banner that we could all meet up by. The flashing hearts are good identifiers, but not everyone has them. I also get embarrassed cos we are never at the front of the queue so I feel guilty standing with guys at the front of the queue for too long cos I feel like I'm getting daggered looks from people behind who (wrongly) assume that I am going to push in the queue. Also, I wish I'd had more confidence to go across to talk to Jennie, Sara, Jules etc over the other side ... sorry if it looked like I was ignoring you - I wasn't ... I'm just a bit shy :blush-anim-cl:

I can't watch Jennies video at work, it will not load. I will have another try at home tonight!

Blue Eyes, I saw you standing in the other queue! Your outfit is gorgeous, so original!

Yeah - I've got exactly the same problem ... keep getting not authorised messages. Then I managed to get it to download, but can only get the sound not the pictures, and since I can't have the sound on at work that's pretty useless :naughty: I'll play it at home later.

If there are any more crowd shots I'd love to see them. There's a few where I've worked out that I'm just off the opicture, so none of me yet :no: (but maybe that's a good thing!

:thumb_yello: No problem

Here's patricks bulletin

Short and ...not so sweet

Date: Jul 18, 2007 9:43 PMSubject: Somerset HouseBody: Mika is a twat

*le gasp!* :shocked:

Well, fancy that! I wonder what happened to make him say that? XD; I'm intrigued!

I disagree with him, though, because if Mika was truely a twat, he wouldn't have bothered apologising and asking me if I was alright after accidentally thwacking me in the face (the memory of which I STILL giggle over every time I think about it)! :roftl:

Maybe Mr. Wolf got burnt by the Leo fire XD

(According to my astrology knowledge, Cancer x Leo = not a match made in heaven, hahahaha... this seems to be true of most starsigns next to each other [/geekage])

Despite all this, I still think Mr. Wolf is a genius XD

MTV.uk, UK

July 18, 2007

By Aloc Matta

http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/news/18072007/mika_live

mika_somerset_house2.jpg

The Flamboyant Grace Kelly singer was at Somerset House for frolicking fun…

Pop favourite Mika asked concert-goers here on the Strand to make an effort and wear crazy fancy dress for this sold out gig.

The costumes, including a Goldilocks and a cat, not only helped the atmosphere but also left Mika wondering how people managed to get on the tube dressed like that!

He put on a tremendous show with loads of theatrical effects thrown in while the Lebanese star also mentioned he’d been touring for so long he could identify some of the audience.

The two most popular tracks with everybody singing along were singles Grace Kelly and a great extended version of Love Today. On Big Girls the Life In Cartoon Motion singer was joined by the song’s subject in blue corsets.

Masked Mika thanked the crowd endlessly and dedicated his encore to everybody who had made an effort to dress fancy.

The end was quite a party scene with bubbles and confetti flowing over the audience and a chicken, dog and rabbit on stage.

Opening act Patrick Wolf is also worth a mention as he set the ball rolling with his twisted anthems and swooning string section.

i was rather pleased about this small mention!!:punk:

Well, fancy that! I wonder what happened to make him say that? XD; I'm intrigued!

I disagree with him, though, because if Mika was truely a twat, he wouldn't have bothered apologising and asking me if I was alright after accidentally thwacking me in the face (the memory of which I STILL giggle over every time I think about it)! :roftl:

Maybe Mr. Wolf got burnt by the Leo fire XD

(According to my astrology knowledge, Cancer x Leo = not a match made in heaven, hahahaha... this seems to be true of most starsigns next to each other [/geekage])

Despite all this, I still think Mr. Wolf is a genius XD

I find that interesting about starsigns next to each other not getting on, as I'm sagitarius, and on one side I have one of my best friends and on the other I have my niece, and I get on great with both of them.

Of course my compatible sign is leo, so you can imagine how happy that makes me on two counts, Mika and JC Chasez. YES!

I can only think that maybe Patrick and Mika had some kind of disagreement for Patrick to say that. It would be nice to think they could get over it, but you can like someones music and not get on with the person and vice versa. I think Noel Gallagher is one of the funniest guys on the planet when he gives interviews, but not a great fan of his music.

I just read through about 30ish pages of reviews and stuff, so sorry I didn't post much yesterday. I was tired, plus I had to tell my best friend about all. She said she now wants to join me in December as part of her christmas prezzie from her mum or dad, but I might be nice because she'd be a laugh in the queue. Even though she was being mean to me yesterday. So I said there was a line that should have been dedicated to her in Lollipop. I sure you can tell :biggrin2:

I'd just like to say sorry I wasn't very chatty and it was lovely to meet you Bexxy and Sara. Sorry I didn't stay for long, but I wasn't quite sure what to say, and I was really shy. I'm not sure if you saw me standing there waiting for you to finish talking. I looked kinda stupid lol. I wish I'd said hi to everyone else there too, but I wasn't quite sure how to. Sorry.

Awesome pictures/videos! Does anyone have Relax on video? I missed that one. I've got a few vids and I'll post them later :biggrin2:

Group pic #1 :

sh001ia5.jpg

Group pic #2 :

sh002pk7.jpg

Giulietta, Koko, Yuppy :

sh016br1.jpg

Me and Sparkly1 :

sh017mx6.jpg

Half-Sparkly1 and Blue :

sh019kj8.jpg

Haeschen's Friend whose name i don't know, Haeschen and Vally :

sh021hz6.jpg

Kata in love with Patrick Wolf :

sh034pr8.jpg

YAY!! i love them!

XD

OH!!! Was that you??!!! Mika knocked you by accident when he was cuddling me - i thought that I had hit somebody by accident but wasn't sure!! LOL!!! I'm glad he did that cuz i got to cuddle him again - properly i mean but it was nice getting close twice! Ha ha snigger snigger heheheheheheheh!!!:naughty: :naughty: :naughty::thumb_yello:

Glad you were alright though!!! :biggrin2:

i was rather pleased about this small mention!!:punk:

Yeah, me too - even though he called me 'Goldilocks' instead of Little Bo Peep! Ha ha - idiot!!! LOL!!! He obviously doesn't know his nursery Rhymes very well! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty::roftl:

Yeah, me too - even though he called me 'Goldilocks' instead of Little Bo Peep! Ha ha - idiot!!! LOL!!! He obviously doesn't know his nursery Rhymes very well! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty::roftl:

yeah it was obvious they meant you! they need to get their fairy tale facts right!

GOSH! I've finally worked my way through this thread...I just couldn't stop reading your exciting reports and looking at the pictures! Best of all are the MFC group pictures...looks like a fun meeting!:biggrin2: And the outfits are getting better and better...pizzas and cats!:roftl:

And Olivia you lucky girl!!!:shocked: Seems like you don't even have to approach Mika anymore...he comes to you and kisses you without asking!!!:naughty:

I find that interesting about starsigns next to each other not getting on, as I'm sagitarius, and on one side I have one of my best friends and on the other I have my niece, and I get on great with both of them.

Of course my compatible sign is leo, so you can imagine how happy that makes me on two counts, Mika and JC Chasez. YES!

Hey, I'm a Sagittarian too! :biggrin2: *high five!* And Leos rock my socks too, hahahaha! Interestingly enough, I also seem to get along fine with Scorpios and Capricorns, but I think Sagittarius is just a generally agreeable starsign, ohohohohoho! :bleh::naughty:

Hey, I'm a Sagittarian too! :biggrin2: *high five!* And Leos rock my socks too, hahahaha! Interestingly enough, I also seem to get along fine with Scorpios and Capricorns, but I think Sagittarius is just a generally agreeable starsign, ohohohohoho! :bleh::naughty:

Sagittarius around the world!!! :punk:

Heya…

First of all.. I’m so SADDDDDDDDD…

I’m not on Florence gig…. I can’t believe it… I’ve been crying for so long!!!!and now it’s not gone away yet!!

I lost my fly and I had to pay 200 euros for another one!! Yes 200 euros!!

And than I had not money to go to Florence… stupid me!!

Well it’s taken me 1 hours to read all new posts and they make me shine!:blush-anim-cl:

MINIMIKA…ah ah …lol…

It’s niceJ

Well... last night was one of the best in my life!

All the concert was amazing and you are fantastic…

I want to ask sorry if I didn’t speak so much, but my English speaking is not so well..

A special thanks to LITTLE SWEET ROSE, SARA and BEXXy :thumb_yello:

Yuppy ct WOMAN and MINImika….mumble…very interesting!!!!:mf_lustslow:

I love you girls!!!!!:bleh:

Heya…

First of all.. I’m so SADDDDDDDDD…

I’m not on Florence gig…. I can’t believe it… I’ve been crying for so long!!!!and now it’s not gone away yet!!

I lost my fly and I had to pay 200 euros for another one!! Yes 200 euros!!

And than I had not money to go to Florence… stupid me!!

Well it’s taken me 1 hours to read all new posts and they make me shine!:blush-anim-cl:

MINIMIKA…ah ah …lol…

It’s niceJ

Well... last night was one of the best in my life!

All the concert was amazing and you are fantastic…

I want to ask sorry if I didn’t speak so much, but my English speaking is not so well..

A special thanks to LITTLE SWEET ROSE, SARA and BEXXy :thumb_yello:

Yuppy ct WOMAN and MINImika….mumble…very interesting!!!!:mf_lustslow:

I love you girls!!!!!:bleh:

well! at least you've been to Somerset!:punk: