Pete Townsend on Mika

suzie

Hello Dears,

Guess what I found yesterday on the net…

Another rock legend singing Mika’s praises in his blog:

http://HTTP://PETETOWNSHEND-WHOHE.BLOGSPOT.COM/

I copied the words in case you are not interested in the photos, though I doubt it…

“Mika. First time on Attic Jam. Our only new artist this time. With a UK Number 1, he throws himself into the informal spirit of things like a real Attic Jam trooper. Mika is a one-off, with sparky energy and uniquely quirky, driving songs in something of a Queen-style - but he makes his own mark. A fascinating song-writer creating his own high energy genre.

Mika's guitar player Mike and I played very close approximations of Pinball Wizard on our acoustics. Note that Mika and I are colour-coordinated.â€

…doesn’t he have a great eye for detail? It must come from the years he spent at Ealing College of Art. (Sure that other famous Ealing graduate would also admire MIKA if he was alive.) :wink2:

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Dears,

Guess what I found yesterday on the net…

Another rock legend singing Mika’s praises in his blog:

http://HTTP://PETETOWNSHEND-WHOHE.BLOGSPOT.COM/

I copied the words in case you are not interested in the photos, though I doubt it…

“Mika. First time on Attic Jam. Our only new artist this time. With a UK Number 1, he throws himself into the informal spirit of things like a real Attic Jam trooper. Mika is a one-off, with sparky energy and uniquely quirky, driving songs in something of a Queen-style - but he makes his own mark. A fascinating song-writer creating his own high energy genre.

Mika's guitar player Mike and I played very close approximations of Pinball Wizard on our acoustics. Note that Mika and I are colour-coordinated.â€

…doesn’t he have a great eye for detail? It must come from the years he spent at Ealing College of Art. (Sure that other famous Ealing graduate would also admire MIKA if he was alive.) :wink2:

Nice!:biggrin2: Thanks for posting it!!!

Thank you so much for posting! I was wondering how his show with Pete went (being a huge fan of The Who as well) now i wanna go watch "Tommy"!! i bought it on dvd a couple weeks ago. It's so great that Mika has the support of so many legendary names in the business. :thumb_yello:

Thanks for posting that, I find it really funny that Mika has two of the biggest legends in rock praising him highly, and a bunch of no talent critics slagging him off. I think I know who I would listen to.