The KIWI Thread

RosinaKiwi

*sneaks into Kiwi thread*

Hey guys, I was wondering...

Do you know of some cool places to go in New Zealand? Bec (soangel for those who don't know) and I are invading your country in January next year and we need (okay, I need :naughty:) to know of some stuff we can do... We're looking at staying around Auckland...

I'll come visit later and see if you have any suggestions :naughty:

*sneaks back to Aussieland*

I saw you sneaking this thread with your sneaky ways!

Auckland...hmm, well if you like a hike Rangitoto island is quite amazing, its conservation land so bring a bottle there aint no running water!! if your prepared for the 365 steps to the summit its quite amazing when you get to the top! its JUST like step classes!!

waihiki island is quite nice too, wineyards, the old village and of course, beaches.

both are ferry trip from auckland itself and you can even book tour packages. I took the explorer tour of both but you can also take a vineyard tour of waihiki and taste wine and stuff!

Jump off the sky tower??

visit the waitomo caves and say hi to charlie!

and for the love of all things kiwi you MUST visit my friend GIAPO 100% organic gelato in queen street, tell him I sent ya!

they even have karaoki most thursday nights!:wink2:

Hello peeps.

I just got back from the VNZMAs, does anyone here like NZ music?

I really like Kids of 88:wub2:, and they were amazing, really friendly too. And Gin is also quite good live. To be honest im not really too into the NZ music scene, but we definately have some good talent i reckon.

yes! i think we have some good talent :) wow! i watched it on c4 for a bit, bet it was loud with all the screaming fans haah!

kids of 88 are awesome! haha, loved seeing the red carpet interview thingys!

gin's personality wasn't what i was expecting, haha and her outfit!

Hello peeps.

I just got back from the VNZMAs, does anyone here like NZ music?

I really like Kids of 88:wub2:, and they were amazing, really friendly too. And Gin is also quite good live. To be honest im not really too into the NZ music scene, but we definately have some good talent i reckon.

Hello!

I definately reccomend Coromandel or Pauanui. They are about a two-three hour drive (a nice drive, mind you :wink2:) from auckland. I just got back from a little holiday in pauanui today and its nice even at this time of the year so during January should be lovely.:thumb_yello:

Auckland! Hehe, i live in south auckland. (like way south auckland) Go up the sky tower. Its pretty high, and you can see like the whole auckland waterfront and stuff.

And of course theres the Rotorua, south island, general tourist places. Me, living here all my life, haven't actually been to too many places in NZ...What a good citizen i am! Haha. :biggrin2:

*sneaks into Kiwi thread*

Hey guys, I was wondering...

Do you know of some cool places to go in New Zealand? Bec (soangel for those who don't know) and I are invading your country in January next year and we need (okay, I need :naughty:) to know of some stuff we can do... We're looking at staying around Auckland...

I'll come visit later and see if you have any suggestions :naughty:

*sneaks back to Aussieland*

Yes suggestions would be good. We're doing Auckland and a few days in Rotorua :wink2:

Hello!

I definately reccomend Coromandel or Pauanui. They are about a two-three hour drive (a nice drive, mind you :wink2:) from auckland. I just got back from a little holiday in pauanui today and its nice even at this time of the year so during January should be lovely.:thumb_yello:

Auckland! Hehe, i live in south auckland. (like way south auckland) Go up the sky tower. Its pretty high, and you can see like the whole auckland waterfront and stuff.

And of course theres the Rotorua, south island, general tourist places. Me, living here all my life, haven't actually been to too many places in NZ...What a good citizen i am! Haha. :biggrin2:

A very good citizen!

Sky tower.. that's the one that you can jump off, right? :blink:

I saw you sneaking this thread with your sneaky ways!

Auckland...hmm, well if you like a hike Rangitoto island is quite amazing, its conservation land so bring a bottle there aint no running water!! if your prepared for the 365 steps to the summit its quite amazing when you get to the top! its JUST like step classes!!

waihiki island is quite nice too, wineyards, the old village and of course, beaches.

both are ferry trip from auckland itself and you can even book tour packages. I took the explorer tour of both but you can also take a vineyard tour of waihiki and taste wine and stuff!

Jump off the sky tower??

visit the waitomo caves and say hi to charlie!

and for the love of all things kiwi you MUST visit my friend GIAPO 100% organic gelato in queen street, tell him I sent ya!

they even have karaoki most thursday nights!:wink2:

:fisch:

Thanks for the suggestions... We'll def have to visit Charlie...

Ooh, and gelato sounds awesome! :biggrin2: That reminds me, there's an awesome place just down the road from school! It's delicious! :drool:

A very good citizen!

Sky tower.. that's the one that you can jump off, right? :blink:

:fisch:

Thanks for the suggestions... We'll def have to visit Charlie...

Ooh, and gelato sounds awesome! :biggrin2: That reminds me, there's an awesome place just down the road from school! It's delicious! :drool:

oh but Gianpaolo's gelatos are better than anything in the world! theyre 100% organic and taste fabulous!

• 4 weeks later...

come to the waitomo caves :biggrin2: i may possibly be able to get you guys some nice discounts. When you've planned out your journey, let me know. I wantta meet up with you guys at some stage, maybe travel around with you a bit? If you don't mind?:cheerful_h4h:

I knowz I haven't been on here much. But all the bitchiness/incessant fangurling on MFC sorta drives me nuts now.:lol3: So if youz evah want to get in contact just pm on me on here bcuz it goes to my email..or email or fb if you have it.. I'm pretty much ovah MFC, but I still love Mika and yous,my luhovelays :arf2: I'll be on here sometimes, not often tho. :huglove:

• 3 weeks later...

How's the exams going girls?

I had Art History last monday.

Think I passed.

I had English last tues which I think I passed for unfamiliar texts (which I got excellence for in the mocks) and defo failed the novel study. Obviously because catcher in the rye is a peice of shiRt and I never finished it because I wanted to punch Holden Caulfield in the face the whole time and I put that paper to the side during the exam and refused to do it :D

Drama yesterday, I think I might have just got by and French this morning which was a total nightmare!

Health next week. Screw my life, I hate health :D

exams? what are they?

I had my last exam for the year on the first day of uni exams, tuesday after labour weekend! yuss!

HAHA Im teh master of getting out of health, never had to take one class in health in all my years of highschool yep, im a genius!

come to the waitomo caves :biggrin2: i may possibly be able to get you guys some nice discounts. When you've planned out your journey, let me know. I wantta meet up with you guys at some stage, maybe travel around with you a bit? If you don't mind?:cheerful_h4h:

I knowz I haven't been on here much. But all the bitchiness/incessant fangurling on MFC sorta drives me nuts now.:lol3: So if youz evah want to get in contact just pm on me on here bcuz it goes to my email..or email or fb if you have it.. I'm pretty much ovah MFC, but I still love Mika and yous,my luhovelays :arf2: I'll be on here sometimes, not often tho. :huglove:

LOL, I can understand getting sick of the incessant fangurling... I went through that a while ago, but I generally avoid any place where there might be fangurling (ie, 98% of the forum :lmfao:).. Occasionally I feel the need to go into the gasmics thread but it's not that often and I skip over the shirtless pics anyways)...

I'll speak to you on FB to speak with you about NZ and such :wink2:

Edited by nico_collard

LOL, I can understand getting sick of the incessant fangurling... I went through that a while ago, but I generally avoid any place where there might be fangurling (ie, 98% of the forum :lmfao:).. Occasionally I feel the need to go into the gasmics thread but it's not that often and I skip over the shirtless pics anyways)...

I'll speak to you on FB to speak with you about NZ and such :wink2:

I mostly postly in Ausie thread and kiwi thread now days anyway lol

you must tell me when you guys arrive and stuff too. ive forgotten!

I mostly postly in Ausie thread and kiwi thread now days anyway lol

you must tell me when you guys arrive and stuff too. ive forgotten!

We arrive in Auckland on the 21st and we're there till the 25th (I think), then go to Rotorua on the 25th till the 29th (and that's when we leave)...

Hmmmm.... apparently the families of the miners are saying there's a cover up...

exams? what are they?

I had my last exam for the year on the first day of uni exams, tuesday after labour weekend! yuss!

HAHA Im teh master of getting out of health, never had to take one class in health in all my years of highschool yep, im a genius!

LOL shuddup, I do health because I'm so good at it that all i do is argue with my classmates and then get told I am the correct one and then I draw cartoons of my friends dying in really funny ways :D

I pass all of everything and I do bugger all so there :P

EDIT Am I the only one who loves and prefers to join in about the fangurling here?

I understand where you're coming from but I release my Mikasessiveness in smaller bursts so I don't get bothered by fangurling so much. I love it actually, it always worms my heart to see people so much effected by someone who effects me. Also when they start to argue (and I don't see much of it) sometimes it's actually quite amusing to see what people come up with :roftl:

Edited by Lolliepop_girl

LOL shuddup, I do health because I'm so good at it that all i do is argue with my classmates and then get told I am the correct one and then I draw cartoons of my friends dying in really funny ways :D

I pass all of everything and I do bugger all so there :P

EDIT Am I the only one who loves and prefers to join in about the fangurling here?

I understand where you're coming from but I release my Mikasessiveness in smaller bursts so I don't get bothered by fangurling so much. I love it actually, it always worms my heart to see people so much effected by someone who effects me. Also when they start to argue (and I don't see much of it) sometimes it's actually quite amusing to see what people come up with :roftl:

That's the thing... Sometimes I'm really fangurly and other times I don't feel like fangurling...

Just depends on my mood...

How's the exams going girls?

I had Art History last monday.

Think I passed.

I had English last tues which I think I passed for unfamiliar texts (which I got excellence for in the mocks) and defo failed the novel study. Obviously because catcher in the rye is a peice of shiRt and I never finished it because I wanted to punch Holden Caulfield in the face the whole time and I put that paper to the side during the exam and refused to do it :D

Drama yesterday, I think I might have just got by and French this morning which was a total nightmare!

Health next week. Screw my life, I hate health :D

So far so good, i hope.

I had six in a row, and now im waiting for my next one next wednesday...i cant be bothered studying for it. Dammit agriculture why must you be so far from the rest???

I cant believe you found unfamiliar easy! I hate unfamiliar text with a passion, just cannot understand it. Which level are you doing? You've probably told me, but i cant remember. my bad.. (actually my bad memorys bad) :aah:

On the other hand i did find the novel study great, had both the questions i prepared for. Romeo and juliet, i loved the book so i guess that helps.

exams? what are they?

Wow, so you have a really long holiday i gather? Or are you doing something?

And how did you manage to get out of health??? That was compulsary for us till year 10! :shocked:

Wow, so you have a really long holiday i gather? Or are you doing something?

And how did you manage to get out of health??? That was compulsary for us till year 10! :shocked:

Indeed yes sort of im looking for a house 2 hours away lol so ill be traveling in between!

oh now that would be telling!

I swapped health as a module in order to do math tutoring in 3rd form. in 4th It was in science and my dad gave a note after hearing something about it on the news, 5th form I was having problems with my transition education teacher who taught the health so I got out of it for going against what they were teaching :naughty:

Nique I am, I think like you if I remember from last year, the same level as you. Sixth form.

I RULE at unfamiliar bevause I'm a good analyst and I don't have to remember quotes.

Who thinks I should enter that NZ singing ccontest show and sing PUOTF for my audition???

well I passed my papers

**happy dance**

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

We were all fine - all of the regular posters in here (well there isn't really any anymore, but whaaaaa :mf_rosetinted: ) are in the North Island. I wasn't on the MFC and shizz cus I was getting my emo on over a breakup...

Sooooooooo. Where are you all? I mean, I know Mika still hasn't shown his face here yet, but there must be one lone fan out in the wilderness..

Edited by racinghorse83