Sivan

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive been a good girl!!! 0:)

we should like tell people on Youtube to delete the demos :/

as much as I think we should, I don't think they'd listen.

I've even tried to put a stop to it myself on the forum but alas, more posts kept coming up. You block a hole but the ants create another one and you end up getting a bigger problem than before.

I am confused: on Youtube the username for several Mika demo's is Mikapenniman and Mikasounds and Counny1980. Are these demo's all from the same person.

I even get the feeling that the 'Leaking" is deliberate so the demo's can be tested. What if we (the fans) ignore that. Than Mika does not even know what his fans might be thinking of new/old material.

And I admit that several demo versions of material that is released sound just too good to be true. Even better than the official versions.

And now that I am writing about it anyway:

The demo version of Grace Kelly sounds very much like queen. So if people compare Mika to Queen maybe it is his demo version that asked for this reaction.

I also hear a lot of David Bowie and even Beatles influences on the demo's.

Isn't it somehow nice to know what the demo's used to be like and know how much they change before they get released? Proper Mika style!

So all I can say is: If it is available on You tube I will listen to it. And very much enjoy it.

Nel

I think "leaking" demos can be way for an artists to test out the material on the listeners. I'm NOT suggesting Mika has done this for one moment, and I'm totally against making illegal mp3s and such. But it's such a grey area in the music industry.

For example, it 'okay' to download a video of, say, a performance of Holy Johnny, because that song is now being performed, though still unreleased??

At the end of the day if Mika has spoken out about this we should all respect his wishes. We can't un-listen what we've heard though unfortunately.

I remember him saying to a fan that he'd prefer the clip of holy johnny filmed during the gig not to be shared..

I remember him saying to a fan that he'd prefer the clip of holy johnny filmed during the gig not to be shared..

glad i didnt put the clip i have now...hehe

unfortunatly he didnt write the list of songs...

it was Daz. and if i well remember, it wasn't Holy Johnny but Happy Ending or Any Other World (not 100% sure though), cause it was the first time he sang them..

:blink:

Really? I have it on my myspace but admit I wasn't sure if I should have done that.

I think I'll remove it - to be honest it has played on my conscience a bit anyway.

Grrr Youtube, it'll be the moral death of us all:naughty:

I am confused: on Youtube the username for several Mika demo's is Mikapenniman and Mikasounds and Counny1980. Are these demo's all from the same person.

I even get the feeling that the 'Leaking" is deliberate so the demo's can be tested. What if we (the fans) ignore that. Than Mika does not even know what his fans might be thinking of new/old material.

And I admit that several demo versions of material that is released sound just too good to be true. Even better than the official versions.

And now that I am writing about it anyway:

The demo version of Grace Kelly sounds very much like queen. So if people compare Mika to Queen maybe it is his demo version that asked for this reaction.

I also hear a lot of David Bowie and even Beatles influences on the demo's.

Isn't it somehow nice to know what the demo's used to be like and know how much they change before they get released? Proper Mika style!

So all I can say is: If it is available on You tube I will listen to it. And very much enjoy it.

Nel

MikaSounds added me as a Youtube buddy. It's not an official membership, they're a fanclub.

You know, some people make demos for their own amusement or to send out to companies in order to get a record deal. Demos are created to give a song its birth, to let it evolve. I'm sure you know that. I doubt they were "released" so fans could hear them. I believe it was leaked without Mika knowing and if he says that he would prefer it they weren't shared, we should respect that decision. I know that banned things makes people want to hear them more, simply because it's banned, but these are Mika's private songs (come on guys, some of them are really personal) and as fans, we should obey his wishes.

I don't want to upset him. Do you?

Finally a statement from Mika if we can believe that... :blink:

I think it came too late though: links to these songs even appeared on MIKASOUNDS, which is his official site, isn't it? As soon as I saw them I asked Moderator to remove the links but I guess he/she misunderstood that and just placed the thread into another section.... That's so stupid...

Do you know who is running MIKASOUNDS, by the way? Is it his record label? It looks like so, because no one seems to care over there...:sneaky2:

Finally a statement from Mika if we can believe that... :blink:

I think it came too late though: links to these songs even appeared on MIKASOUNDS, which is his official site, isn't it? As soon as I saw them I asked Moderator to remove the links but I guess he/she misunderstood that and just placed the thread into another section.... That's so stupid...

Do you know who is running MIKASOUNDS, by the way? Is it his record label? It looks like so, because no one seems to care over there...:sneaky2:

mikasounds as in http://www.mikasounds.com ? or mikasounds as in the member on youtube? if u mean the youtube account, it's not really his record label. They're fans.

A couple weeks ago, I would have had no problem rallying against people who posted Mika's outtakes and demos...

...and then I heard them.

Mika, darling, those songs are PURE GOLD! I like a few of them better than some of the songs on LICM (don't hate me y'all, it's just my opinon). Please give them a proper release so that I don't have to feel guilty about falling in love with these incredible songs. Don't be like Prince and hoard your best stuff to yourself. :wink2:

Ok, I'm done now.

• 1 month later...
Oh of course..okay..but then.. you know.. that site...where the members who had more than 300 posts could get them..is that site...you know...kinda banned?We did not advertise those songs...we just downloaded them...to our PC-s..

Anyway I totally agree...Just wanted to ask about it.

That site, I thyink I know which one you mean... I was never that sure about it...