I went to Starbucks today and they had a compilation CD called "Glam Revolution" with Freddie Mercury (
) on the cover so of course I had to look at the back. Guess who I saw....
The CD has "Grace Kelly" on it, though I never really considered Mika to be classified as "Glam."
It says this inside the booklet:
Flashing back on the heyday of Queen, London-based singer Mika scored an international hit in early 2007 with the gloriously opulent "Grace Kelly." The grandiose production references oth the silver-screen idol who gives it its title and Queen's Freddy (dumbasses) Mercury: "I try to be like Grace Kelly / But all her looks were too sad / So I try a little Freddie / I've gone identity mad!" The man born Mica Penniman managed to get Mercury's piano pulled out of storage so that he could play it on the track, which reached No. 1 on the UK singles chart based solely on downloads.
The tracklist is the following:
1. Queen - "Killer Queen"
2. David Bowie - "Suffragette City"
3. Goldfrapp - "Ooh la la"
4. Mott the Hoople - "All the Young Dudes"
5. Adam & the Ants - "Los Rancheros"
6. Roxy Music - "Love is the Drug"
7. T. Rex - "Jeepster"
8. Mika - "Grace Kelly"
9. Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel - "Make Me Smile(Come Up and See Me)"
10. The New York Dolls - "Personality Crisis"
11. Placebo - "20th Century Boy"
12. Bryan Ferry - "Slave to Love"
13. 10cc - "Une Nuit a Paris (Part 1) / The Same Night in Paris (Part 2) / Later the Same Night in Paris (Part 3)"
14. Sparks - "Amateur Hour"
15. Sweet - "Ballroom Blitz"
16. Iggy Pop - "Lust For Life"
It's a pretty good compilation and the packaging is awesome
Ironically enough, Fleet Foxes' album was right next to it so I bought that too
It's almost like a pop-up book the way it's packaged.
Yeah....this isn't very exciting news but nothing else is going on so yeah. haha