daisylou

Oh they have been very naughty, it's all over the news here and they have been suspended from broadcasting pending an inquiry. :blink:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh they have been very naughty, it's all over the news here and they have been suspended from broadcasting pending an inquiry. :blink:

Quite silly, don't the BBC officials approve shows before they're aired anyway?

I have to watch this Sachs thing now, is it online? :naughty:

It must be, I haven't heard it myself to be honest. I mean Andrew Sachs is quite old so really they shouldn't have done it, but his granddaughter did sleep with Russell Brand though. And you are right, these were pre recorded shows, so some producer or someone should have stopped it before it aired.

Just on the news now, Russell has resigned as a Radio 2 DJ, I am really sorry to hear that.

Yeah, that´s the point. They´re using them as scapegoat and it´s effing obvious i can´t stop cringing :D

You can see Russy´s farewell here http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7698417.stm

I feel sad for us the listeners but i know he won´t have any problems to find something bigger and better :mf_rosetinted:

Hey im just sneeking in to ask, has anyone here heard the song 'Fat Russell Brand'. Yeah I know what your thinking:roftl:

Its by a little Welsh band called The Blims. Here's their myspace

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=42595769

I expect you'd already know about it and its been mentioned here before but I cant be bothered to go searching through how ever many pages you have here.

Sorry if it's been posted before:thumb_yello:

Yeah, that´s the point. They´re using them as scapegoat and it´s effing obvious i can´t stop cringing :D

You can see Russy´s farewell here http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7698417.stm

I feel sad for us the listeners but i know he won´t have any problems to find something bigger and better :mf_rosetinted:

I knew he would resign, he's not the kind of guy to get suspended and do nothing about it. Of course, he probably did deserve it somehow lol, he's been flirting with the red line for ages, but still...

1. The BBC kept him because he was arrogant and provocative

2. The BBC surely approved what he did before broadcasting

And now they're acting like cowards turning against him. I didn't expect this from the BCC, seriously, I naively thought this channel, more than any other, stood by its employees and journalists.

I knew he would resign, he's not the kind of guy to get suspended and do nothing about it. Of course, he probably did deserve it somehow lol, he's been flirting with the red line for ages, but still...

1. The BBC kept him because he was arrogant and provocative

2. The BBC surely approved what he did before broadcasting

And now they're acting like cowards turning against him. I didn't expect this from the BCC, seriously, I naively thought this channel, more than any other, stood by its employees and journalists.

They kept him because his radio show is the most listened and his podcast is #1 download.

Yeah, i´m surprised too. There must be another reasons we don´t know.

Well there is so much media coverage of it, the BBC would be battered if they did keep him...

The BBC is strong enough to endure that, and I would even think the BBC can give every media coverage the direction it wants...

Well there is so much media coverage of it, the BBC would be battered if they did keep him...

The BBC is strong enough to endure that, and I would even think the BBC can give every media coverage the direction it wants...

I agree 100% with this. BBC wasn´t born yesterday. They would know how to control this if they would want to. Obviously they don´t want to :mf_rosetinted:

Well he has resigned. I think he would rather leave on his own terms than be dismissed.

But I don't think it would have come to that.

They had to have an investigation but I think it's more likely that the producer or whoever allowed the programme on air will be sacked than JR and RB, they are too valuable.

Well before Russell resigned, they had both been suspended anyway...

Yes I know, the point I was trying to make was that I think they would be reinstated after the suspension and Russell didn't need to resign, but that Russell wasn't going to take the chance and resigned.

Ok, this is EVEN more out of proportion

1 Wossy is suspended by 12 weeks

2 Radio 2 controller just resigned as well --> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7700816.stm

3 I love Simon Amstell and his sense of humour. He posted this

Hello,

Tonight's 'Never Mind The Buzzcocks' was due to feature a comedian and broadcaster who has recently let himself and his country down.

The damage he has done is frankly irreparable and in order to punish him and anybody who likes his kind of louche filth, this tainted episode will not be shown tonight.

We are however very grateful to be able to broadcast something more appropriate and slightly less entertaining for these difficult times.

Guests will now include James Cordon, Gabriella Cilmi and Germaine Greer.

Thankyou.

Goodbye.

4 It´s the very first time i agree with Noel Gallagher :naughty: ---> http://www.nme.com/news/oasis/40735

5 And Mr Gee is writing.

Apologies in Order

If you mix the components of sex and celebrity,

It forms the perfect remedy for credit crunch therapy,

Add to that a scandal mishandled, so an editor's angle,

Is to form a loving triangle,

A salacious fandango,

Little Britain needs someone to be made an example,

So the critical factors surrounding the bawdiest of banter,

Over "Who slept with who", "Who said what",

Is now a political matter(?)

In Parliamentary chapters,

MP's examine trashy insults,

The wagon circle's full of actors,

Who'll join the band and indulge?

Until the final pin drops,

It's getting colder outside,

It's getting darker much earlier,

Are you taking me for a ride?

I know that drama sells papers,

Whether envisioned or inflated,

The media merry-go-round,

Has come to your town,

As a scapegoated crown is created,

The only glitch in the matrix,

Is that the economy still ain't fixed,

Recession will probably hit,

Unless you've clocked a lottery win,

So honestly then,

If "drama" pays the rent,

Why do you think that outrageous behaviour is the flavour?

It oils the machine from within,

So let's apologise for schoolboy attacks,

But who apologises for going into Iraq?

Who apologises for a mother's cry over a son who's never coming back?

Since apologies are called for, let's not veer from the track,

Who apologises for troop deployment?

A disabled soldier's unemployment,

What's worse: "A bridge too far" or "A joke too far"

Bad political judgement or pop culture enjoyment?

So apologise for dumb pranks,

But apologise for dumber tanks,

Apologise for the cost of a dumb war which crumbled our banks,

If all the world is a stage,

And its clowns now have you enraged,

Think about the apologies never given,

Which turn playgrounds into graves,

© Mr Gee 2008

I love him

6 And tonight, PONDERLAND on Channel 4!! Don´t miss it. Russy is pondering about Pets. At 22:35 GMT!

(I wish i could see it...:tears: )

I can't believe they pulled tonight's episode of NMTB. :tears:

It's like he committed murder. It's RUSSELL BRAND ffs, what did they expect?

This is the same guy that dressed up as Osama Bin Laden 1 day after the September 11th attacks.

I too agree with Noel (who knew I was ever going to say this).

I love Mr. Gee. :wub2:

Has anyone read the myspace poll about it?

I can't believe some people say "he should get shot for what he did".

It proves once again what a narrow-minded society we live in and how stupid people can get. Even if you disagree with the "joke" itself, you don't have such statements... c'm on. And I'm sorry to say this girl was a downright slut anyway and I can't believe she's now enjoying media attention in the role of the victim.

Has anyone read the myspace poll about it?

I can't believe some people say "he should get shot for what he did".

It proves once again what a narrow-minded society we live in and how stupid people can get. Even if you disagree with the "joke" itself, you don't have such statements... c'm on. And I'm sorry to say this girl was a downright slut anyway and I can't believe she's now enjoying media attention in the role of the victim.

I agree 100%. And she´s milking her "fame" so fast. But ha! fame is a double-edged sword and she´s getting what she deserves as well.

You should read this. Ade Edmonson is my new hero

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/adrian-edmondson-is-that-a-joke-in-bad-taste-youd-better-watch-out-979990.html

Ponderland is on now. :punk:

It was amazing :roftl:

I went to see him last Thursday at the Christmas Ponderland recording, he came out and was like "ah TV, something I can still do eh?" and we all clapped, bless him. He was sorry, though he still made a few jokes about it, he was actually on brilliant form considering all he's had on his shoulders lately! I felt a bit sorry for him when he remembered how he used to used watch Fawlty Towers as a young boy, and he knew Manuel's lines off by heart! and just to think if he was to leap into the future then all this was going to happen to that little boy... aaaw.

The show was really excellent though, soooo funny! and I was in the front row! :mf_lustslow: he made eye contact with me a few times :wub2: one time he was saying that they had Christmas themed titles and his eyes fell on me when he was justifying it, he was just like "cos you know, it's Christmas Ponderland" and I kind of felt like I had to shake my head like "oh right!" haha :roftl:

Then after the show he was just leaving as I was getting close, but I still reached out to him while he was passing and he took my hand and squeezed it and held onto it til he was out of reach :wub2: he has the softest hands! :blush-anim-cl:

Did i tell you that i hate you so so much?

And i hate living in Spain :tears:

I´m sure he will be fine! :wink2:

Aaaw I'm sorry.

It's not easy for me either, I have to fly to London to see him! and it's annoying cos he used to come to Ireland when I didn't know him but he doesn't include it in his tours anymore :thumbdown: and it's a 7 hour train journey for me to get to Belfast :thumbdown:

But when you're addicted, there's no turning back :naughty: