2009 - Mika @ Sound Academy,Toronto, Canada - 12 Oct - GIG REPORTS

guylainem123

Bravo & Congrats zoots14!:thumb_yello:

There are so many kewl moments that must have seemed like magic to you.

When Mika was standing next to you backstage & hit the "note" in the intro to Relax did it send shivers up your spine??

You are so lucky!

I am so glad you finally agreed to do it.:thumb_yello:

You never would have forgiven yourself if you hadn't.

You will have these cherished moments to remember forever!

It sounds like a dream.

P.S. I just learned that when rude people treat Mika badly when asking for an autograph he will sometimes sign "John." Hahaha!

Good for Mika!!

Edited by Kodes100

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gone from "there's no way, I can't do this, I can't do this, it's not me, what if someone I know is in the audience" to feeling like I want to go on tour with him and be on stage for the whole show, not just one song. It was effing fantastic. :biggrin2:

Yeah, you´re scared to death, nervously excited and when you jump on stage...DANG! You don´t want to leave the stage. You want to stay there forever :naughty:

I wish we could be BGs together! :wub2:

Waiting behind the curtain with John and Yasmine was fun... Mika kept running past me for costume changes, and John & Yasmine were dancing a bit.

Hi Zoots - thanks for the report - so glad you had fun and got to see the show from both sides :thumb_yello:

I'm trying to imagine John dancing :blink:

I can't :lmfao::floor:

Just doesn't seem right somehow :teehee:

Bravo & Congrats zoots14!:thumb_yello:

There are so many kewl moments that must have seemed like magic to you.

When Mika was standing next to you backstage & hit the "note" in the intro to Relax did it send shivers up your spine??

You are so lucky!

I am so glad you finally agreed to do it.:thumb_yello:

You never would have forgiven yourself if you hadn't.

You will have these cherished moments to remember forever!

It sounds like a dream.

P.S. I just learned that when rude people treat Mika badly when asking for an autograph he will sometimes sign "John." Hahaha!

Good for Mika!!

Does he really?:naughty:

Good on him:thumb_yello::roftl:

I am totally, utterly tired right now, but...

Had THE MOST incredible time. Had more amazing little moments in the last 48 hours than I can remember. Backstage was so interesting and so much fun... had the whole band (minus Mika) rehearsing vocals a foot away from me in a 5 x 5 foot dressing room - their voices sounding more beautiful than I could imagine - no recording can do justice to what that sounded like.

Had a few wonderful moments with Mika off stage, and got to dance with him on stage. Off stage he was absolutely lovely to talk to. He had shown me a few moves that he wanted me to do and I practiced for a couple of minutes with him – and then later when Mikaluvr was there I showed the moves to her. He painted our faces himself. Mrs. Penniman dressed us in a dressing room that we shared with Erika and Cherisse. I have to say that Yasmine, Erika, Cherisse, Mrs. Penniman, John, Martin, David and Jimmy were all incredibly gracious and fun to be with. I was also really struck by the chemistry between the band, the crew, everyone - they all work so well together and seem to really enjoy each others company. I got to see the mechanics of how things worked backstage which was really interesting too. Had my shoes and bag sitting on the floor right beside the astronaut helmet.

Waiting behind the curtain with John and Yasmine was fun... Mika kept running past me for costume changes, and John & Yasmine were dancing a bit. I was nervous, and they really kept me on track and smiling. You know that intro note for Relax that Mika did from backstage before he came back out? He was standing right beside me (behind the curtain) when he did that. That one note is so "classic Mika" - it was the coolest feeling to be standing with him when he did it.

It felt like BG was half over by the time I got the cue to go on - but then there it was! Mikaluvr and I were waiting on opposite sides of the stage, and then had to go up these narrow stairs to the raised platform behind Cherisse. The hanging moons were actually in my way on the platform and I had to kind of squeak around them which was awkward. Once I was on stage all I saw was Mika. Although, I did hear my buddies in the front row freaking out and that was so fantastic... apparently Mika knew why they were screaming and he was laughing. I thought he was going to come up on the platform, so when he gave me the signal to come down instead my first thought was "oh god, look as graceful as you can manage going down these narrow stairs!". Then it was all up for grabs. I came to the front of the stage and he looked at me and gave me a big smile... so I went right over to him and I did the "come here" hand. God, it was SO MUCH FUN. What a rush. And then it was over!

After our song was over we came back to the dressing room, and John wasn't sure if we'd need to go back out for Lollipop at the end, so we put our clothes on over top of the BG outfits (not an easy task! Those bodices are actually thickly stuffed btw, so they sit about an inch or so thicker than your actual body all the way around. Very flattering. :sneaky2:). They took us around to the front to sit in front of the barrier. We got to watch the rest of the show sitting by ourselves in front of the front row. Christine, Sara, Babs, Mana, Aurelien, Suzy and CMF were right behind us in the front row centre so we got to watch the gig together after all. It was incredible to be THAT close to him while he's performing . Larger than life. When he did Happy Ending, it was SO beautiful and all the overwhelming emotions of this whole experience came to the surface... I cried! Cherisse and Erika told me afterward that they thought they saw me crying. Oops!

The reason Mika didn't come out to say hi after was that they actually had to pack up and get on the tour bus straight after the show to drive to Montreal.

Also, I don't recall them going on stage late, but I was a little preoccupied with being terrified. I was told at 7:00 that Mika would start at 9:00 - was it much later than that? I didn’t think so. He did not miss any flight or whatever other rumors there were – he was there. I think it was just that it was the first night of a new tour and they were working out a couple of details. Or maybe the opening act wrapped up earlier than they were meant to so it felt like a longer wait. Not sure - but I wasn't aware of any big delay backstage.

Anyway, there are a million other little amazing moments that I can't even think of now... but what was really lovely was getting to spend this weekend with Christine, Sara, Babs, Mana, Suzy, CMF and Aurelien. We had such a fantastic time the whole weekend right through to this morning. Babs, Mana, Sara and Aurelien stayed at my place last night after the gig and we had a great time - it really was the icing on the cake. Got absolutely no sleep, but it was well worth it. Big hugs to them, and of course Christine, Suzy and CMF too. I hope you have a fantastic time in Montreal - I wish I could be there with you.

If it weren't for some photographic evidence, I'd think this was all a dream. I can NOT believe I just got on stage in a corset, ruffle bum and fish net stockings in front of 3,000 people – in my home town. This is so not like me, and I actually said no at first, and then maybe, and then grudgingly said yes… but I am SO glad I did it. It was the experience of a lifetime. THANK YOU MIKA!!!

HUGE :thumb_yello: for doing it. I tell my girls there are some situations where you need to put yourself out there for yourself. The memories you have, the confidence that when something seems too _________ you can remember Toronto.

Well done. :glasses3:

How did you become a BG for the show?

I would love to be a BG for the NYC or Philly show. I was a 26 but now I'm a 20, is that good enough do you know?

Jamie

Had THE MOST incredible time. Had more amazing little moments in the last 48 hours than I can remember. Backstage was so interesting and so much fun... had the whole band (minus Mika) rehearsing vocals a foot away from me in a 5 x 5 foot dressing room - their voices sounding more beautiful than I could imagine - no recording can do justice to what that sounded like.

Had a few wonderful moments with Mika off stage, and got to dance with him on stage. Off stage he was absolutely lovely to talk to. He had shown me a few moves that he wanted me to do and I practiced for a couple of minutes with him – and then later when Mikaluvr was there I showed the moves to her. He painted our faces himself. Mrs. Penniman dressed us in a dressing room that we shared with Erika and Cherisse. I have to say that Yasmine, Erika, Cherisse, Mrs. Penniman, John, Martin, David and Jimmy were all incredibly gracious and fun to be with. I was also really struck by the chemistry between the band, the crew, everyone - they all work so well together and seem to really enjoy each others company. I got to see the mechanics of how things worked backstage which was really interesting too. Had my shoes and bag sitting on the floor right beside the astronaut helmet.

Waiting behind the curtain with John and Yasmine was fun... Mika kept running past me for costume changes, and John & Yasmine were dancing a bit. I was nervous, and they really kept me on track and smiling. You know that intro note for Relax that Mika did from backstage before he came back out? He was standing right beside me (behind the curtain) when he did that. That one note is so "classic Mika" - it was the coolest feeling to be standing with him when he did it.

It felt like BG was half over by the time I got the cue to go on - but then there it was! Mikaluvr and I were waiting on opposite sides of the stage, and then had to go up these narrow stairs to the raised platform behind Cherisse. The hanging moons were actually in my way on the platform and I had to kind of squeak around them which was awkward. Once I was on stage all I saw was Mika. Although, I did hear my buddies in the front row freaking out and that was so fantastic... apparently Mika knew why they were screaming and he was laughing. I thought he was going to come up on the platform, so when he gave me the signal to come down instead my first thought was "oh god, look as graceful as you can manage going down these narrow stairs!". Then it was all up for grabs. I came to the front of the stage and he looked at me and gave me a big smile... so I went right over to him and I did the "come here" hand. God, it was SO MUCH FUN. What a rush. And then it was over!

After our song was over we came back to the dressing room, and John wasn't sure if we'd need to go back out for Lollipop at the end, so we put our clothes on over top of the BG outfits (not an easy task! Those bodices are actually thickly stuffed btw, so they sit about an inch or so thicker than your actual body all the way around. Very flattering. :sneaky2:). They took us around to the front to sit in front of the barrier. We got to watch the rest of the show sitting by ourselves in front of the front row. Christine, Sara, Babs, Mana, Aurelien, Suzy and CMF were right behind us in the front row centre so we got to watch the gig together after all. It was incredible to be THAT close to him while he's performing . Larger than life. When he did Happy Ending, it was SO beautiful and all the overwhelming emotions of this whole experience came to the surface... I cried! Cherisse and Erika told me afterward that they thought they saw me crying. Oops!

The reason Mika didn't come out to say hi after was that they actually had to pack up and get on the tour bus straight after the show to drive to Montreal.

Also, I don't recall them going on stage late, but I was a little preoccupied with being terrified. I was told at 7:00 that Mika would start at 9:00 - was it much later than that? I didn’t think so. He did not miss any flight or whatever other rumors there were – he was there. I think it was just that it was the first night of a new tour and they were working out a couple of details. Or maybe the opening act wrapped up earlier than they were meant to so it felt like a longer wait. Not sure - but I wasn't aware of any big delay backstage.

Anyway, there are a million other little amazing moments that I can't even think of now... but what was really lovely was getting to spend this weekend with Christine, Sara, Babs, Mana, Suzy, CMF and Aurelien. We had such a fantastic time the whole weekend right through to this morning. Babs, Mana, Sara and Aurelien stayed at my place last night after the gig and we had a great time - it really was the icing on the cake. Got absolutely no sleep, but it was well worth it. Big hugs to them, and of course Christine, Suzy and CMF too. I hope you have a fantastic time in Montreal - I wish I could be there with you.

If it weren't for some photographic evidence, I'd think this was all a dream. I can NOT believe I just got on stage in a corset, ruffle bum and fish net stockings in front of 3,000 people – in my home town. This is so not like me, and I actually said no at first, and then maybe, and then grudgingly said yes… but I am SO glad I did it. It was the experience of a lifetime. THANK YOU MIKA!!!

OMG that sounds so amazing!!!!! thx for the report. Lucky you :thumb_yello:

I've gone from "there's no way, I can't do this, I can't do this, it's not me, what if someone I know is in the audience" to feeling like I want to go on tour with him and be on stage for the whole show, not just one song. It was effing fantastic. :biggrin2:

Girl, that is awesome that you were able to put your fears aside, and just go for it! I'm pretty shy when it comes to showing skin, but I would honestly jump at the chance to be a Big Girl dancer. How did you get chosen?

My report, i suppose...(never written one of these before! :teehee:)

Okay, so when I first got to the venue there was three people in line, :roftl: And I was reeeeally worried that we were at the wrong place or something, so I made my parents drive around until I was satisfied. We waited in the car for a bit, and ate some sandwhiches until finally I saw sariflor, aurelien, and the others walking down the street. I literally JUMPED out of the car and just like booked it to the venue I was so excited! :wub2: It was like seeing celebrites!!! (I'm getting teary eyed as I write this, lololol. :roftl:) Anyways, so I was very shy and they were all so nice and hilarious, and Mana has more energy than 5 cans of redbull! :fangurl: So we waited inline for about 5 hours, all MFCers are the very front, which made my heart smile, and I had some good bonding experiences with Louise and Mikalov3, and it was SO BLASTED COLD OUT SO MIKA BOUGHT US ALL HOT CHOCOLATES FROM STARBUCKS! and finally we got to move to the front of the door which was just so exciting I couldn't handle it. Then we went inside and waited 20 minutes for an...interesting opening act... (i STILL don't know the name of this guy though louise told me like a bajillion times) but so that was good, then we waited like what felt eternity for mika to come on and when they were doing the beginning the curtains were only half way so people were shouting OPEN THE CURTIANS because I could only see cherisse and the other girl sitting on the couch. So I vocally expressed my love for sunshine, martin and cherisse which must have been nice for them, :roftl: and they did this whole routine where they watched a video with i think it was sir ian mckellen talking about a rocket going off, which was AWESOME! Then out of nowhere MIKA COMES OUT IN A ASTRONAUT SUIT AND TAKES IT OFF THEN HE IS JUST WEARING WHITE BOXERS!!!! I never screamed so loudly in my ENTIRE life, it was so amazing!! Then the concert went on with hilarious little acts like him with his teapot friend, and him changing his coat every so often. He looked at me when he was singing Blue eyes, and my mom looked at me and smiled and my eyes were like filled with tears it was so amazing!AND WHEN HE SANG LOVE TODAY (I was right at the front where he usually sang to all the left sided people. right to him) HE POINTED AT ME. BECAUSE I WAS GOING L L THEN POINTING TO ME, HE DID L L THEN POINTED TO ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DIED. :fangurl:

When he sang happy ending, toy boy, I see you, he put SO much emotion in to it, he looked so sad singing it, I couldn't help but cry during toy boy :roftl:

It was so amazing and I can't even begin to explain it all because he just put his heart and soul into every song, and kept thanking Toronto, which made my smile just get so much bigger. The crowd was awesome, we were so loud and danced so hard core for him, I never stopped dancing and singing, and (though my camera died) had an absolutely amazing time, and none of it could have happened without my fellow MFCers who got me to the front of the line and were all so sweet and nice to me :wub2:

Oh god, I'm going to cry now. :wub2:

Awwwwww!! I'm sooooo pleased for you and thanks for such a lovely report :thumb_yello: It brought a small tear to my eye reading it. It sounds like you had a blast.

My report, i suppose...(never written one of these before! :teehee:)

Okay, so when I first got to the venue there was three people in line, :roftl: And I was reeeeally worried that we were at the wrong place or something, so I made my parents drive around until I was satisfied. We waited in the car for a bit, and ate some sandwhiches until finally I saw sariflor, aurelien, and the others walking down the street. I literally JUMPED out of the car and just like booked it to the venue I was so excited! :wub2: It was like seeing celebrites!!! (I'm getting teary eyed as I write this, lololol. :roftl:) Anyways, so I was very shy and they were all so nice and hilarious, and Mana has more energy than 5 cans of redbull! :fangurl: So we waited inline for about 5 hours, all MFCers are the very front, which made my heart smile, and I had some good bonding experiences with Louise and Mikalov3, and it was SO BLASTED COLD OUT SO MIKA BOUGHT US ALL HOT CHOCOLATES FROM STARBUCKS! and finally we got to move to the front of the door which was just so exciting I couldn't handle it. Then we went inside and waited 20 minutes for an...interesting opening act... (i STILL don't know the name of this guy though louise told me like a bajillion times) but so that was good, then we waited like what felt eternity for mika to come on and when they were doing the beginning the curtains were only half way so people were shouting OPEN THE CURTIANS because I could only see cherisse and the other girl sitting on the couch. So I vocally expressed my love for sunshine, martin and cherisse which must have been nice for them, :roftl: and they did this whole routine where they watched a video with i think it was sir ian mckellen talking about a rocket going off, which was AWESOME! Then out of nowhere MIKA COMES OUT IN A ASTRONAUT SUIT AND TAKES IT OFF THEN HE IS JUST WEARING WHITE BOXERS!!!! I never screamed so loudly in my ENTIRE life, it was so amazing!! Then the concert went on with hilarious little acts like him with his teapot friend, and him changing his coat every so often. He looked at me when he was singing Blue eyes, and my mom looked at me and smiled and my eyes were like filled with tears it was so amazing!AND WHEN HE SANG LOVE TODAY (I was right at the front where he usually sang to all the left sided people. right to him) HE POINTED AT ME. BECAUSE I WAS GOING L L THEN POINTING TO ME, HE DID L L THEN POINTED TO ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I DIED. :fangurl:

When he sang happy ending, toy boy, I see you, he put SO much emotion in to it, he looked so sad singing it, I couldn't help but cry during toy boy :roftl:

It was so amazing and I can't even begin to explain it all because he just put his heart and soul into every song, and kept thanking Toronto, which made my smile just get so much bigger. The crowd was awesome, we were so loud and danced so hard core for him, I never stopped dancing and singing, and (though my camera died) had an absolutely amazing time, and none of it could have happened without my fellow MFCers who got me to the front of the line and were all so sweet and nice to me :wub2:

Oh god, I'm going to cry now. :wub2:

That sounds amazing!!!! Thx for the report :flowers2:

"Then out of nowhere MIKA COMES OUT IN A ASTRONAUT SUIT AND TAKES IT OFF THEN HE IS JUST WEARING WHITE BOXERS!!!! " GOD i would love to see that! :naughty:

I was screaming so LOUD and my mom was just like "oh my god, alexandra."

I have never screamed at a show. Didnt scream when i saw Mika the first time but it was also only 20 min and all he took off what his jacket and belt so no shirtless Mika... wont surprise me if i scream or will just look very intelligent with open mouth and big eyes IF he does the boxer thingy to just one of the shows im going to :shocked::naughty::swoon:

What a fabulous experience, zoots! I'm thrilled for you! Thanks for sharing

it with us! :biggrin2: