2009 - Mika @ Sound Academy,Toronto, Canada - 12 Oct - GIG REPORTS

guylainem123

That's the only video I'm allowing myself to watch...just because it's:shocked: amazing. I want to be surprised for the rest!

p.s. your signature makes me smile.:biggrin2:

HE is one of my favourites since I saw a vid of him singing it live. :wub2:

Thanks. :biggrin2:

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pick up off the floor:

Touches you:

Blue eyes:

Random:

Big girl:

Beginning of big girl:

Relax:

---batteries die---

huge thanks for the vids :flowers2: they're amazing!!

DSC03462.jpg

fantastic pic:wub2: you must be so proud of it:blush-anim-cl:

More videos :wub2:

http://www.youtube.com/user/chih0e

edit: oh and I agree with that

And the people you cut in front of weren't (dehydrated, excited, impatient)? Sorry to kill your buzz, but I can't say that attitude overly impresses me.

Apart from that, lovely to read everyone's reports, and kudos to our Big Girls.

Edited by Droopsy

Hi! I'm Debbie the old girl. I just wanted you to know we had the best time! The stage was beautiful & Mika was the ultimate showman!

We got into line at about 6:30pm so by the time we got inside it was about 1/3full so we just hung out in the bar section. It was so fun! My friend & I had put gold glitter in our hair and brought the extra vials with us. When Mika sang WAG, we threw some around and the people near us were into it! A guy asked if he could buy some from me, but I just gave it to him. He told me later that he almost got kicked out because of the glitter! I'm not sure why. Maybe some of those around him didn't want to be glitter-ized! Or maybe it was making a mess.

The only bummer about the evening was that it was a long time standing up for the over-the-hill gang. Hopefully next time he'll come to a bigger venue with seating for his 'elderly' fans! hee hee! :D

Deb H

Hi! I'm Debbie the old girl. I just wanted you to know we had the best time! The stage was beautiful & Mika was the ultimate showman!

We got into line at about 6:30pm so by the time we got inside it was about 1/3full so we just hung out in the bar section. It was so fun! My friend & I had put gold glitter in our hair and brought the extra vials with us. When Mika sang WAG, we threw some around and the people near us were into it! A guy asked if he could buy some from me, but I just gave it to him. He told me later that he almost got kicked out because of the glitter! I'm not sure why. Maybe some of those around him didn't want to be glitter-ized! Or maybe it was making a mess.

The only bummer about the evening was that it was a long time standing up for the over-the-hill gang. Hopefully next time he'll come to a bigger venue with seating for his 'elderly' fans! hee hee! :D

Deb H

Come hang out in the Goldlings thread, in the members only section:thumb_yello:

Deb H

Welcome Deb.

It sounds like the Toronto Show was amazing.

I couldn't attend so all of these accounts including yours are really appreciated.

GAHHHHHHH okay! :roftl:

i'm still trying to get over the fact that I FINALLY HAD MY MIKA MOMENT!! !

I'm actually still pretty speachless about everything that happened on monday!! !

Soooo a basic summary of my day would be: Throwing a tantrum for being "late" to line up for the concert, arriving and being REALLY cold and shy, dancing around and blasting all of Mika's songs on my ipod dock, T&T asian market was... different, standing around in the cold and trying to pass the time, Making new friends and meeting some for the first time, LOL chillin with the teen of MFC toronto was awesome!! **iadoremika, Mika4Life13 nd DylanM :biggrin2: **

The show was about to start and we all get hot chocolate from Mika, John is looking for someone atleast 18 years old to dance on stage with MIKA , i begged and shouted even though i'm only 16, and after a moment of shock i decided to go for the once (hopefully more) in a lifetime opportunity of performing on stage with Mika :mf_lustslow:, sooo there was lot's of hyperventilating, shaking and freak outs,

Then we were shown to our dressing room in which zoots and i shared with Cherise and Erika!! ! Mrs. Penniman came in to give us our costumes.. THEY WERE HUGE!! ! but we still manage to pull it off! :thumb_yello: Ahhhhhh I would be talking to Cherise and Erika and practising the dance infront of a mirror and every few minutes Mika would walk into the room all happy and smiling nd i would run into the washroom for a few minutes to catch my breathe again! :teehee:

Hearing the Band do their warm-ps and harmonize before the show was BEAUTIFUL!! ! IT HONESTLY BLEW MY MIND!! ! OMG and when Mika caught me dancing all silly infront of the mirror.. he spun me around, smiled and looked deeply in my eyes and :mf_lustslow: LOL he did my face paint!! ! I couldn't breeathe!! ! :aah: I STILL HAVE HIS SCENT ON MY SCARF!! ! :roftl:

Finally, I remember being behind the stage as the concert started and MIKA singing the beginning melody to "Relax" right beside me!! ! :aah: At first, I was sooo excited!! (I've performed many times before) but this time it was going to be with MIKA :wub2: as soon as the bass started.. i felt soooo :shocked: i completely blanked on everything!! ! But finally our cues came and we went on stage and it was AMAZING!! !

I WAS SOOOO HAPPY BEING THERE WITH MIKA AND THE BAND AND LOOKING DOWN AND SEEING ALL THE MFCers LINING THE FRONT ROW!! Oh! and that adrenaline rush that you get throughout the whole concert was GREAT! I never knew there was anything closer than front row centre when watching a Mika concert.. we were given seats between the stage and right infront of the barrier for the rest of the show! Zoots cried during Happy Ending and I was basically paralyzed in amazement on how INCREDIBLY SPECTACULAR the concert was!! !

Monday was basically the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!! ! I really enjoyed meeting all of you, and I'm glad that I got the chance to spend about 6 hours queueing with all of you!! ! I wonder when my next gig is going to be... :teehee: I NEED MORE MIKA!!!

Edited by MikaLuva93

GAHHHHHHH okay!

I'm actually still pretty speachless about everything that happened on monday!! ! Soooo a basic summary of my day would be: Throwing a tantrum for being "late" to line up for the concert, arriving and being REALLY cold and shy, dancing around and blasting all of Mika's songs on my ipod dock, T&T asian market was... different, standing around in the cold and trying to pass the time, Making new friends and meeting some for the first time, LOL chillin with the teen of MFC toronto was awesome!! **iadoremika, Mika4Life13 nd DylanM **, show was about to start and we all get hot chocolate from Mika, John is looking for someone atleast 18 years old to dance on stage with MIKA , i begged and shouted even though i'm only 16, and after a moment of shock i decided to go for the once (hopefully more) in a lifetime opportunity of performing on stage with Mika :mf_lustslow:, sooo there was lot's of hyperventilating, shaking and freak outs, until finally we were shown to our dressing room in which zoots and i shared with Cherise and Erika!! ! Mrs. Penniman came in to give us our costumes.. THEY WERE HUGE!! ! but we still manage to pull it off! :thumb_yello: Ahhhhhh I would be talking to Cherise and Erika and practising the dance infront of a mirror and every few minutes Mika would walk into the room all happy and smiling nd i would run into the washroom for a few minutes to catch my breathe again! :teehee: Hearing the Band do their warm-ps and harmonize before the show was BEAUTIFUL!! ! IT HONESTLY BLEW MY MIND!! ! OMG and when Mika caught me dancing all silly infront of the mirror.. he spun me around, smiled and looked deeply in my eyes and :mf_lustslow: LOL he did my face paint!! ! I couldn't breeathe!! ! :aah: I STILL HAVE HIS SCENT ON MY SCARF!! ! :roftl: Finally, I remember being behind the stage as the concert started and MIKA singing the beginning melody to "Relax" right beside me!! ! :aah: At first, I was sooo excited!! (I've performed many times before) but this time it was going to be with MIKA :wub2: as soon as the bass started.. i felt soooo :shocked: i completely blanked on everything!! ! But finally our cues came and we went on stage and it was AMAZING!! ! I WA SOOOO HAPPY BEING THERE WITH MIKA AND THE BAND AND LOOKING DOWN AND SEEING ALL THE MFCers LINING THE FRONT ROW!! Oh! and that adrenaline rush that you get throughout the whole concert was GREAT! I never knew there was anything closer than front row centre when watching a Mika concert.. we were given seats between the stage and right infront of the barrier for the rest of the show! Zoots cried during Happy Ending and I was basically paralyzed in amazement on how INCREDIBLY SPECTACULAR the concert was!! ! Monday was basically the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!! ! I really enjoyed meeting all of you, and I'm glad that I got the chance to spend about 6 hours queueing with all of you!! ! I wonder when my next gig is going to be... :teehee: I NEED MORE MIKA!!!

YAY! :woot_jump:

I'm so happy for you! It's so great to read all these wonderful reports!:biggrin2:

I'm actually still pretty speachless about everything that happened on monday!! ! Soooo a basic summary of my day would be: Throwing a tantrum for being "late" to line up for the concert, arriving and being REALLY cold and shy, dancing around and blasting all of Mika's songs on my ipod dock, T&T asian market was... different, standing around in the cold and trying to pass the time, Making new friends and meeting some for the first time, LOL chillin with the teen of MFC toronto was awesome!! **iadoremika, Mika4Life13 nd DylanM **, show was about to start and we all get hot chocolate from Mika, John is looking for someone atleast 18 years old to dance on stage with MIKA , i begged and shouted even though i'm only 16, and after a moment of shock i decided to go for the once (hopefully more) in a lifetime opportunity of performing on stage with Mika, sooo there was lot's of hyperventilating, shaking and freak outs, until finally we were shown to our dressing room in which zoots and i shared with Cherise and Erika!! ! Mrs. Penniman came in to give us our costumes.. THEY WERE HUGE!! ! but we still manage to pull it off! Ahhhhhh I would be talking to Cherise and Erika and practising the dance infront of a mirror and every few minutes Mika would walk into the room all happy and smiling nd i would run into the washroom for a few minutes to catch my breathe again! :teehee: Hearing the Band do their warm-ps and harmonize before the show was BEAUTIFUL!! ! IT HONESTLY BLEW MY MIND!! ! OMG and when Mika caught me dancing all silly infront of the mirror.. he spun me around, smiled and looked deeply in my eyes and :mf_lustslow: LOL he did my face paint!! ! I couldn't breeathe!! ! :aah: I STILL HAVE HIS SCENT ON MY SCARF!! ! :roftl: Finally, I remember being behind the stage as the concert started and MIKA singing the beginning melody to "Relax" right beside me!! ! :aah: At first, I was sooo excited!! (I've performed many times before) but this time it was going to be with MIKA :wub2: as soon as the bass started.. i felt soooo I completely blanked on everything!! ! But finally our cues came and we went on stage and it was AMAZING!! ! I WA SOOOO HAPPY BEING THERE WITH MIKA AND THE BAND AND LOOKING DOWN AND SEEING ALL THE MFCers LINING THE FRONT ROW!! Oh! and that adrenaline rush that you get throughout the whole concert was GREAT! I never knew there was anything closer than front row centre when watching a Mika concert.. we were given seats between the stage and right infront of the barrier for the rest of the show! Zoots cried during Happy Ending and I was basically paralyzed in amazement on how INCREDIBLY SPECTACULAR the concert was!! ! Monday was basically the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!! ! I really enjoyed meeting all of you, and I'm glad that I got the chance to spend about 6 hours queueing with all of you!! ! I wonder when my next gig is going to be... :teehee: I NEED MORE MIKA!!!

Bravo!

Good for you!

Thanks for posting your really kewl experince.

For us who couldn't attend it is really fun to read these.:thumb_yello:

At first, I was sooo excited!! (I've performed many times before) but this time it was going to be with MIKA :wub2: as soon as the bass started.. i felt soooo :shocked: i completely blanked on everything!! ! But finally our cues came and we went on stage and it was AMAZING!! ! I WA SOOOO HAPPY BEING THERE WITH MIKA AND THE BAND AND LOOKING DOWN AND SEEING ALL THE MFCers LINING THE FRONT ROW!! Oh! and that adrenaline rush that you get throughout the whole concert was GREAT! I never knew there was anything closer than front row centre when watching a Mika concert.. we were given seats between the stage and right infront of the barrier for the rest of the show! Zoots cried during Happy Ending and I was basically paralyzed in amazement on how INCREDIBLY SPECTACULAR the concert was!! ! Monday was basically the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!! ! I really enjoyed meeting all of you, and I'm glad that I got the chance to spend about 6 hours queueing with all of you!! ! I wonder when my next gig is going to be... :teehee: I NEED MORE MIKA!!!

Thank you so much for your report!

Happy for you that you had such a wonderful, unforgettable night.:thumb_yello:

It is a concern.:teehee: I am thinking positively that I will be asked to be a BG, so do I bring a pair of shoes to rock the outfit or do I hang tight in my black Converse and hope they have a pair of size 11. :shocked:

I told my husband and girls the other day, I don't want to look like "just a mom taking her kids to a concert" I want to stand out.

It is a concern.:teehee: I am thinking positively that I will be asked to be a BG, so do I bring a pair of shoes to rock the outfit or do I hang tight in my black Converse and hope they have a pair of size 11. :shocked:

I told my husband and girls the other day, I don't want to look like "just a mom taking her kids to a concert" I want to stand out.

I see....:teehee:

Let me call you an optimist planner then.:biggrin2:

...and wishing you good luck with that:wink2:

I'm actually still pretty speachless about everything that happened on monday!! ! Soooo a basic summary of my day would be: Throwing a tantrum for being "late" to line up for the concert, arriving and being REALLY cold and shy, dancing around and blasting all of Mika's songs on my ipod dock, T&T asian market was... different, standing around in the cold and trying to pass the time, Making new friends and meeting some for the first time, LOL chillin with the teen of MFC toronto was awesome!! **iadoremika, Mika4Life13 nd DylanM :biggrin2: **, show was about to start and we all get hot chocolate from Mika, John is looking for someone atleast 18 years old to dance on stage with MIKA , i begged and shouted even though i'm only 16, and after a moment of shock i decided to go for the once (hopefully more) in a lifetime opportunity of performing on stage with Mika :mf_lustslow:, sooo there was lot's of hyperventilating, shaking and freak outs, until finally we were shown to our dressing room in which zoots and i shared with Cherise and Erika!! ! Mrs. Penniman came in to give us our costumes.. THEY WERE HUGE!! ! but we still manage to pull it off! Ahhhhhh I would be talking to Cherise and Erika and practising the dance infront of a mirror and every few minutes Mika would walk into the room all happy and smiling nd i would run into the washroom for a few minutes to catch my breathe again! :teehee: Hearing the Band do their warm-ps and harmonize before the show was BEAUTIFUL!! ! IT HONESTLY BLEW MY MIND!! ! OMG and when Mika caught me dancing all silly infront of the mirror.. he spun me around, smiled and looked deeply in my eyes and :mf_lustslow: LOL he did my face paint!! ! I couldn't breeathe!! ! :aah: I STILL HAVE HIS SCENT ON MY SCARF!! ! :roftl: Finally, I remember being behind the stage as the concert started and MIKA singing the beginning melody to "Relax" right beside me!! ! :aah: At first, I was sooo excited!! (I've performed many times before) but this time it was going to be with MIKA :wub2: as soon as the bass started.. i felt soooo :shocked: i completely blanked on everything!! ! But finally our cues came and we went on stage and it was AMAZING!! ! I WA SOOOO HAPPY BEING THERE WITH MIKA AND THE BAND AND LOOKING DOWN AND SEEING ALL THE MFCers LINING THE FRONT ROW!! Oh! and that adrenaline rush that you get throughout the whole concert was GREAT! I never knew there was anything closer than front row centre when watching a Mika concert.. we were given seats between the stage and right infront of the barrier for the rest of the show! Zoots cried during Happy Ending and I was basically paralyzed in amazement on how INCREDIBLY SPECTACULAR the concert was!! ! Monday was basically the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!! ! I really enjoyed meeting all of you, and I'm glad that I got the chance to spend about 6 hours queueing with all of you!! ! I wonder when my next gig is going to be... :teehee: I NEED MORE MIKA!!!

*is honoured she is mentioned in this*

:teehee:

Just be extremely enthusiastic, sing every song really loudly, where something shiny and look him in the eyes, that works. :roftl:

...show was about to start and we all get hot chocolate from Mika, John is looking for someone atleast 18 years old to dance on stage with MIKA , i begged and shouted even though i'm only 16, and after a moment of shock i decided to go for the once (hopefully more)

Yeah, you were quiet. We were like, "GO..GO!!" :naughty:

BLAME IT ON THE GIRLS!

*points to the right side*

BLAME IT ON THE BOYS!

*points to the left side*

*giggles* They wooped your asses!

I was yelling as loud as I could. Why couldn't everybody else do the friggin' same? :sneaky2:

Yeah, you were quiet. We were like, "GO..GO!!" :naughty:

I was yelling as loud as I could. Why couldn't everybody else do the friggin' same? :sneaky2:

Ditto! I used all of my voice i could muster up for every single song, then BIOTG i just had to use more than what I had left, :roftl:

I looked behind me and some people weren't doing it, :mad3: