REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS - Mika @ Paléo festival, Switzerland - July 23, 2011

guylainem123

Miss.roxy OMG sorry. I didn't know. Will you ever forgive me?:tears:

Christine I can ask Ida the next time she comes @Athens Music Hall.

babspanky Friends from college? Didn't know that!

Cherisse Together? I don't know :aah:

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You ignored the babies:mf_rosetinted:

They are very good friends. It's quite clear by the way they act on and off stage.

It was Ida that was the original singer on Happy Ending, when he made the demo in "the garage in Chiswick":naughty:

The thing is, it was a festival. Not a requiem mass.

People went there to enjoy themselves.

Also there are many people dying all over the world all of the time. What about the millions suffering and dying from famine and drought in Somalia?

Something could be mentioned at every gig you went to at this rate.

Maybe it should be if you were going to a charity gig or fund raising rally.

And in this case it's about Amy, not about Mika.

Poor Mika putting on a brave face, suffering through his work to hide his sorrow.

People do this every day, mourning for people who were a lot closer to them than Amy Winehouse was to Mika. And they have to go to work, look after kids, carry on. Yet many of you seem to think Mika's actions are extraordinary and very brave. I don't know why everyone thinks he is so weak. He is a strong resourceful person.

Yes, yes, I know, this is the Mika Fan Club and I am clearly not a fan.

Well, it was not Live Aid either, so it wasn't supposed to become a dedicaton to all of those who suffer in Africa or around the world.

It was just something he felt like doing, because the events were too recent, and he was probably shocked with all of that. Just because we can't show the support for ALL of those who suffer everyday, it doesn't mean we should never do it, or focus on a specific case once in a while.

If it was "oh so brave"? No, not really. It was kind and respectful.

No problem with that, as far as I can see.

[B]babspanky Friends from college? Didn't know that![/b]

Yes, check the FAQs. :thumb_yello:

Well, it was not Live Aid either, so it wasn't supposed to become a dedicaton to all of those who suffer in Africa or around the world.

It was just something he felt like doing, because the events were too recent, and he was probably shocked with all of that. Just because we can't show the support for ALL of those who suffer everyday, it doesn't mean we should never do it, or focus on a specific case once in a while.

I agree:thumb_yello:

You are so extremely right!! :wink2:

And, where are the reports? :shocked:

Thanks. :thumb_yello:

Yep, I concur with that:thumb_yello:

I saw this article this morning and as there aren't many reports yet, this could be interesting

http://www.swissinfo.ch/fre/infos/magazine/Des_voix_d_or_pour_conjurer_la_pluie_et_la_grisaille.html?cid=30752090

Give me some time to translate the bit about Mika :wink2:

Thanks for posting,good article. Would like to show it to my Brother In Law and watch him choke when he reads the last part:roftl:

Translation of the main parts about Mika

'Visibly shaken, Mika, who was announced as Amy Winehouse's replacement a few weeks ago, started his set dedicating the gig to her. At that moment, the news are still fresh. How many people in the crowd already know that Amy Winehouse is not in this world anymore? Mystery. But he does know. And that makes him almost completely fail his two first songs.

Robert Plant and his Band of Joy had left the stage and the rain had started to fall. It lasted until the first notes of Mika, rather touched by the headlines of the last 24 hours. He went back to this twice during the gig. Because there is not only Amy Winehouse's death. There are also these abominable killings in Norway. 'I rarely have stage fright before starting, but this time I really had it', he explained with a broken voice. And we can feel he is totally sincere.'

And then they talk about the vocal harmonies with back singers, what songs he sang, the Mozart set.. They finish their article with a Mick Jagger quotation 'our show is not for adults', and say that that suits Mika's show well. (I strongly disagree with them BTW)

You ignored the babies:mf_rosetinted:

They are very good friends. It's quite clear by the way they act on and off stage.

I'd never ignore the babies but I had already posted when I saw it... :aah:

Hi!

I'm new here, but I thought it would be nice posting a review :D If it's not the right place, tell me I'll move it. I'm french-speaking so excuse me for the bad English...

He started the gig dedicating it to Amy in French and English. He spoke in French all the concert long (OMG, I LOVE when he speaks french :P ). He started playing the piano and singing Grace Kelly in French and then in English. The next two songs where not that great and he even had to start again the first one (can't even remember which one or the exact playlist of the gig... bad, bad fan :P ) You could feel he was really moved and disturbed (btw he explained oh his fb that it was difficult to play there the night she was supposed to perform) Then it was really great and I really enjoyed it ^^.

He dedicated HE to Amy and the Norway people. It was really, really great and sad at the same time. I nearly cried listening to the lyrics.

As I remember, from the future third album, he sung Elle me dit and Blame it on the weather (in a really romantic way on the front of the stage with Ida). He told the audience (which was really responsive) that he don't have often stage fright, but that night he had and that the responsiveness of the audience helped him getting through it.

The gig was really great and the audience (almost 30.000 people) really enjoyed it!

Edited by neela22

Hi!

I'm new here, but I thought it would be nice posting a review :D If it's not the right place, tell me I'll move it. I'm french-speaking so excuse me for the bad English...

He started the gig dedicating it to Amy in French and English. He spoke in French all the concert long (OMG, I LOVE when he speaks french :P ). He started playing the piano and singing Grace Kelly in French and then in English. The next two songs where not that great and he even had to start again the first one (can't even remember which one or the exact playlist of the gig... bad, bad fan :P ) You could feel he was really moved and disturbed (btw he explained oh his fb that it was difficult to play there the night she was supposed to perform) Then it was really great and I really enjoyed it ^^.

He dedicated HE to Amy. It was really, really great and sad at the same time. I nearly cried listening to the lyrics.

As I remember, from the future third album, he sung Elle me dit and Blame it on the weather (in a really romantic way on the front of the stage with Ida). He told the audience (which was really responsive) that he don't have often stage fright, but that night he had and that the responsiveness of the audience helped him getting through it.

The gig was really great and the audience (almost 30.000 people) really enjoyed it!

Thank you very much for your report. We were waiting impatiently for it :thumb_yello:

BTW welcome to the MFC and have a lot of fun here

Edited by Sabine64

Maybe that person didn't understand the seriousness of the situation , or maybe they don't understand french because hopefully no one is that insensitive ! :sad:

No they're speaking french so they totally understood what he was saying :sneaky2: