REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS - Mika @ Paléo festival, Switzerland - July 23, 2011

guylainem123

Nice pics Robi. Especially the road and sky and the sunflowers. At least they don't look like ones I've seen thousands of times before. :thumb_yello:

thanks, I think I got to the point I can give up front row happily but don't want to miss what the spot can offer anymore! For how I feel now, it all makes me enjoy the gig more :thumb_yello:

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then if what you say is true, we will grow out of it - let us dream, for now. we only have so many years left to.

Sweetheart, I am only 3 years older than you are. And I am still a dreamer. But sometimes we have to face reality to move on and reach our goals.

No, Ingie, Lucie can really sing.

You may want to watch her sing 'Mercy' on a talent show at the tender age of 12 only. (she posted that video on here earlier)

Believe me, we have a real talent here.:wink2:

I know, I've seen it, I was just making a lame joke to lighten up my sad post:naughty:

.. You know when I was a kid I loved the Idol show in our country.. I was sitting right in front of the TV and I was saying - I will be there once! My mum ws laughing, so my family did. They all judged me as a stupid child. But I really made it. It happened. I didn´t fail. And so all of them just stopped. If I was like this, if I didn´t believe my dreams, I would never do that. So, maybe you´re right and it´s not healthy to live that way, but further you wanna go, further you will get. I think.

I know you can reach whatever you want, everyone can. I have many dreams too and I know they will come true one day if I keep believing. But what I am saying is that the dream of marrying Mika might not be as realistic or accomplishable as you think. Because of many factors.

Don't take my post as a: You can't reach anything and everything will stay dreams. I am an advocate for following your dreams. But you know, eventually your heart might be broken if he really settles down with someone and that person is most likely not you. :)

Sweetheart, I am only 3 years older than you are. And I am still a dreamer. But sometimes we have to face reality to move on and reach our goals.

I know, I've seen it, I was just making a lame joke to lighten up my sad post:naughty:

I know you can reach whatever you want, everyone can. I have many dreams too and I know they will come true one day if I keep believing. But what I am saying is that the dream of marrying Mika might not be as realistic or accomplishable as you think. Because of many factors.

Don't take my post as a: You can't reach anything and everything will stay dreams. I am an advocate for following your dreams. But you know, eventually your heart might be broken if he really settles down with someone and that person is most likely not you. :)

Because? Do you have one serious reason? He is human, so am I. I can´t see any serious reason that makes this so unreal :blink: It´s just the view of public. Oh my god, he´s famous. He´s rich. He´s popstar. So? It doesn´t make him better or worse from me :mf_rosetinted:

..and my heart will be broken when he´s unhappy with someone who doesn´t really love him, not when he finds true love. I will be sad and I´ll probably loose a part of my existence, but his happiness will make me happy enough to survive :thumb_yello:

Thank you everyone for the gig reports. Really enjoyed yours Robi, especially the pics. I would love to go to Switzerland some day. :wub2:

Nina your video is just stunning. :mf_lustslow: I still can't abide that song :aah: but contrary to what people have said I think Ida does a really good job of it and you can hear it very well in your video. I think it's Mika's vocals that don't work with this song.

So strong, until the "I think". :teehee:

I took her "I think" to mean "that's what I believe". Not that she is wavering in her convictions.

I also think that Ingie's point was that you can pursue it all you want but what you want has to be possible. So you can't compare being on a talent show to Mika taking on a girlfriend. But that's a whole other debate I'm afraid and not one for a gig thread. :wink2:

But Roxy if you are talking about a dream of performing one day with Mika then I think there is always a chance. A friend of mine made that dream come true and I think another MFCer also who went on stage to perform with Mika, so it's certainly possible. I agree with Suzie that you are very talented. :thumb_yello:

.. You know when I was a kid I loved the Idol show in our country.. I was sitting right in front of the TV and I was saying - I will be there once! My mum ws laughing, so my family did. They all judged me as a stupid child. But I really made it. It happened. I didn´t fail. And so all of them just stopped. If I was like this, if I didn´t believe my dreams, I would never do that. So, maybe you´re right and it´s not healthy to live that way, but further you wanna go, further you will get. I think.

Is it on youtube or anything?

Because? Do you have one serious reason? He is human, so am I. I can´t see any serious reason that makes this so unreal :blink: It´s just the view of public. Oh my god, he´s famous. He´s rich. He´s popstar. So? It doesn´t make him better or worse from me :mf_rosetinted:

..and my heart will be broken when he´s unhappy with someone who doesn´t really love him, not when he finds true love. I will be sad and I´ll probably loose a part of my existence, but his happiness will make me happy enough to survive :thumb_yello:

Well, if you want to know, I don't think Mika swings that way. That is the main reason. But I am not going to go into a discussion about this matter, because quite frankly, I am not in the mood. Fame and wealth have nothing to do with this.

It is a bit dramatic to say you will lose part of your existence right? I am quite sure your life is not depending on Mika.

I took her "I think" to mean "that's what I believe". Not that she is wavering in her convictions.

I also think that Ingie's point was that you can pursue it all you want but what you want has to be possible. So you can't compare being on a talent show to Mika taking on a girlfriend. But that's a whole other debate I'm afraid and not one for a gig thread. :wink2:

But Roxy if you are talking about a dream of performing one day with Mika then I think there is always a chance. A friend of mine made that dream come true and I another MFCer also who went on stage to perform with Mika, so it's certainly possible. I agree with Suzie that you are very talented. :thumb_yello:

Thank you, Christine, that is exactly what I wanted to say. I just couldn't find the right words:naughty:

I managed to see the gig also on the screen, and I can tell you Mika was upset. I don't care about what he said or how and when he said those words...I guess he wanted to share his feelings with the audience, and maybe did not even realize that one was not a sensible audience in the end....lots of drunk hormonal young people who only wanted to scream and jump and shout...

Nevertheless the audience was with him, they all (and we were many, many for real!) could give Mika the energy to perform and make him happy.

:tears: so touching.

Thank you for your report and the great photos, too. I am glad you had a great time and could recharge your batteries until he comes back with new stuff.

But Roxy if you are talking about a dream of performing one day with Mika then I think there is always a chance. A friend of mine made that dream come true and I think another MFCer also who went on stage to perform with Mika, so it's certainly possible. I agree with Suzie that you are very talented. :thumb_yello:

I believe in both :aah: and yes ofc I know it´s almost impossible, but who knows? :angel_not: I have nothing to loose.

Is it on youtube or anything?

oh :aah:

sure. just type Lucia Lancosova and it´ll show you some vids.

I didn´t mean to bother you all with this it just got out of control, it´s off topic, so I think this is the point where it ends. :thumb_yello:

I´m not changing my mind and you aren´t neither. :teehee:

oh :aah:

sure. just type Lucia Lancosova and it´ll show you some vids.

Christine has given me the links. Talented and cute! Keep at it!

Just watched this one

Mama skús mi veriť

Very professional too. I liked it.

Edited by babspanky

:tears: so touching.

Thank you for your report and the great photos, too. I am glad you had a great time and could recharge your batteries until he comes back with new stuff.

Yeah, I watched the professional video and his face just seemed sad. I must say Happy Ending was very touching. Especially without those girls screaming throughout the whole song.

So, 15 pages and only two actual reports?

There were hardly any MFCers there. Luckily we have the full recording of the concert to discuss though or anything related, like Mika's bandana :roftl:.

There are 3 reports and since the mods go to the trouble of linking the reports on the front page, no one has to read through all the discussions if they don't want to.

Thank you for that.

Here a little report of the gig !

I arrived the day of the show just before the opening of the festival and found my Mika friends there. We went to Mika stage and of course we found nobody there, we were alone during all the day :biggrin2: People became to arrive only just before the first show (and there were no many people) then a lot of people came to see Robert plant, that was just crazy ! I was a little bit scared because there were drunk people just behind me and nina who could't stop screaming some weirds things :boxed: Fortunately this people decided to not stay for mika :naughty: So Mika came on stage at 23.45 and he began with Grace kelly, that was very moving and he dedicated the show to Amy Whinehouse and to the victims in Norway. Then he sang Relax but he had to do it again because there was a little problem with the sound due to the rain of the evening. He made his habitual setlist but without dr john and karen, but he sang touches you :wub2: The crowd was in fire, that was so great !!! Except some people who were screaming ridicilous things sometimes :boxed:

Happy ending was very touching, it was one of the best version i've never heard !

I can't imagine how difficult it must have been difficult for him to perform after what happened but he really made a great great show full of emotion :wub2:

After thie gig, we tried to see him but without success, as the others said he was in his car and didn't stop, he maybe didn't see us or wasn't in a good mood to come and meet us.

My pictures

p1030064.jpg:roftl:

p1030082l.jpg

p1030085x.jpg

p1030086z.jpg

p1030087r.jpg