REPORTS/PHOTOS/VIDEOS - Mika @ Paléo festival, Switzerland - July 23, 2011

guylainem123

Hi!

I'm new here, but I thought it would be nice posting a review :D If it's not the right place, tell me I'll move it. I'm french-speaking so excuse me for the bad English...

He started the gig dedicating it to Amy in French and English. He spoke in French all the concert long (OMG, I LOVE when he speaks french :P ). He started playing the piano and singing Grace Kelly in French and then in English. The next two songs where not that great and he even had to start again the first one (can't even remember which one or the exact playlist of the gig... bad, bad fan :P ) You could feel he was really moved and disturbed (btw he explained oh his fb that it was difficult to play there the night she was supposed to perform) Then it was really great and I really enjoyed it ^^.

He dedicated HE to Amy. It was really, really great and sad at the same time. I nearly cried listening to the lyrics.

As I remember, from the future third album, he sung Elle me dit and Blame it on the weather (in a really romantic way on the front of the stage with Ida). He told the audience (which was really responsive) that he don't have often stage fright, but that night he had and that the responsiveness of the audience helped him getting through it.

The gig was really great and the audience (almost 30.000 people) really enjoyed it!

Thank you for that Neela, and welcome to the MFC. Thanks to everyone who posted vids and pics etc.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

I'm new here, but I thought it would be nice posting a review :D If it's not the right place, tell me I'll move it. I'm french-speaking so excuse me for the bad English...

He started the gig dedicating it to Amy in French and English. He spoke in French all the concert long (OMG, I LOVE when he speaks french :P ). He started playing the piano and singing Grace Kelly in French and then in English. The next two songs where not that great and he even had to start again the first one (can't even remember which one or the exact playlist of the gig... bad, bad fan :P ) You could feel he was really moved and disturbed (btw he explained oh his fb that it was difficult to play there the night she was supposed to perform) Then it was really great and I really enjoyed it ^^.

He dedicated HE to Amy. It was really, really great and sad at the same time. I nearly cried listening to the lyrics.

As I remember, from the future third album, he sung Elle me dit and Blame it on the weather (in a really romantic way on the front of the stage with Ida). He told the audience (which was really responsive) that he don't have often stage fright, but that night he had and that the responsiveness of the audience helped him getting through it.

The gig was really great and the audience (almost 30.000 people) really enjoyed it!

Hi :bye:

And thank you for your report.:thumb_yello:

The thing is, it was a festival. Not a requiem mass.

People went there to enjoy themselves.

Also there are many people dying all over the world all of the time. What about the millions suffering and dying from famine and drought in Somalia?

Something could be mentioned at every gig you went to at this rate.

Maybe it should be if you were going to a charity gig or fund raising rally.

And in this case it's about Amy, not about Mika.

Poor Mika putting on a brave face, suffering through his work to hide his sorrow.

People do this every day, mourning for people who were a lot closer to them than Amy Winehouse was to Mika. And they have to go to work, look after kids, carry on. Yet many of you seem to think Mika's actions are extraordinary and very brave. I don't know why everyone thinks he is so weak. He is a strong resourceful person.

Yes, yes, I know, this is the Mika Fan Club and I am clearly not a fan.

Totally agree with you:mf_rosetinted: But it was still nice of him to say something:thumb_yello:

He told the audience (which was really responsive) that he don't have often stage fright, but that night he had and that the responsiveness of the audience helped him getting through it.

I thought that might be the case. That he would be worried about the mood of the audience but he would have no trouble winning them over. Thanks for your report. :flowers2:

I saw this article this morning and as there aren't many reports yet, this could be interesting

http://www.swissinfo.ch/fre/infos/magazine/Des_voix_d_or_pour_conjurer_la_pluie_et_la_grisaille.html?cid=30752090

Give me some time to translate the bit about Mika :wink2:

Good luck with the translation:mf_rosetinted:

I agree this was the best performance of BIOTW so far (Ida's voice being much softer) but the only video I found on YT is completely spoiled by some some girls screaming like lunatics. :naughty: I hope @tiibet recorded it, too, and that she was standing further away from them. :teehee:

what did he say about norway? wasn't ida singing opera in oslo last year? or do i mix that up with another city?

I only remember us checking her schedule when Mika was recording in Stockholm this spring. That time she was in Malmö – and that is in Sweden. :dunno:

Edited by suzie

neela22, thank you for the report & welcome to the MikaFanClub! :yay:

I expected him to be a bit nervous about this gig, alot of people had purchased their tickets to see Amy and ended up with Mika. That alone would make it a bit difficult, but with her death yesterday, it couldn't have been easy.

I'm glad he mentioned Oslo & Norway, as it was the proper thing to do.

He was obviously moved by the events as most people were.

I put some pics, a small report and BIOTW here:

http://anothermikablog.blogspot.com/2011/07/gig-reviews-paleo-festival-nyon.html

I have a few vids, I'm uploading them now.

I have just mentioned that I hope you had recorded this song and it sounds like it is the only song you recorded :roftl:, so thanks a lot. :original:

and those pics with him wearing a bandana :lmfao: he looks like a pirate. :lmao:

Edited by suzie

I have just mentioned that I hope you had recorded this song and it sounds like it is the only song you recorded :roftl:, so thanks a lot. :original:

I have a few other songs too, but not many. I have to check my vids. Lol, I'm glad I filmed this one.

and those pics with him wearing a bandana :lmfao: he looks like a pirate. :lmao:

oh! new head accessories :teehee:

Isn't that after the horse mask bit?

It's the first time I am so moved by BIOTW :tears:

Thanks for posting, I liked your report too :)

Thanks for reading! After BIOTG Mika and Ida had a very close moment (but can't see it in my video, I had already stopped filming) and it looks clear that Ida being there helps him in some difficult situation :wub2: They have been close friends for years.

Isn't that after the horse mask bit?

Yes, it's after the horse mask. I took a lot of pics of that moment, will upload them as soon as I have time. It was quite entertaining, iMMa looked fab :roftl:

I put some pics, a small report and BIOTW here:

http://anothermikablog.blogspot.com/2011/07/gig-reviews-paleo-festival-nyon.html

I have a few vids, I'm uploading them now.

Thanks for posting!! Especially for the vid, even if the annoying voices can still be heard a bit :doh:

I've never seen him so nervous, like in the beginning of BIOTW... :sad: I guess this gig was quite a challenge for him..

But I'm glad to read that the concert was such a success despite all the circumstances.. :original:

Thanks for reading! After BIOTG Mika and Ida had a very close moment (but can't see it in my video, I had already stopped filming) and it looks clear that Ida being there helps him in some difficult situation :wub2: They have been close friends for years.

Yes, on the screaming girls video, you see Ida give him a hug, which I get the feeling, he needed about then:wub2:

I want to give you some links before the week-end because I don't know in which state I'll be on sunday and I think I'll need some rest before coming back here :teehee:

On this site: http://www.rtsfestivals.ch you'll find videos, interviews, photos, some audio extracts, etc... of the shows that'll take place on saturday (including Mika of course) so, keep en eye on it on sunday, you may find interesting stuff here :wink2:

this other site: http://www.latele.ch/ is the one of a local TV channel that makes every day a review from what happened at the Paleo festival. So you may see a familiar face there too on sunday :biggrin2:

and this: http://www.tsr.ch/video/info/journal-19h30/#id=3283755 is the website of the french speaking swiss news. They may speak about the Paleo too on sunday, either on the edition at 12h45, or (most probably) in the evening at 19h (7pm).

and of course, you'll find things too on the festival website: http://yeah.paleo.ch/fr/media-library (you can change the language ;-)

Of course i'll let you know afterwards if I see anything else on local newspapre etc... but you may already find some stuff there on sunday :thumb_yello:

I quote nanou's post here :thumb_yello: