MIKA@Real Radio - Sheffield Winter Gardens (UK)

robertina

It´s such a nice pic and you don´t have a horse face there :huglove:.

Thankyou Sabine!!! It just makes me laugh though because I laughed like a horse, so my lips look all funny. :lmfao:

eloise, update your RSVP status....I hate disorder :mf_rosetinted:

I do apologise... :mf_rosetinted:

But maybe I did go, maybe I didn't... Who knows... :das:

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are half of my photos! :biggrin2: Feel free to download them! To do so, just click on the 'actions' button and then see all sizes, and then download away!

More on the way soon....

Sorry, your link doesn´t work for me :blink:

That's weird :blink: Just try this one instead, it has all of my photos, but the Mika ones are at the top anyway!

Now the link upove works but my computer got frozen and I had to restart it. I don´t know why but I often have problems with photo sides also with photobucket.

Had an amazing time at the Sheffield Winter Gardens,

What a lovely intimate gig

Had to buy another album my 2 still havent arrived

But Mika signed it :)made it worth it

Thankyou to Rose for all she did,otherwise i dont think i would've have got in, would've had to listen from outside

Thankyou to Wheezy and her mum for saving us a place

And Alex was amazing What an experience for him and for us to see:wub2:

So delighted that you got in and had a brilliant time. :thumb_yello:

And I found this on Twitter : an interview with Mika and one with Alex :thumb_yello:

http://www.realradioyorkshire.co.uk/music/artist-interviews/mika-breakfast/55191#ad-image-0

Great :thumb_yello:

Well i think buying that 3 album has paid off,

a work mate who has never been into Mika, came to my office and i was playing

the cd, after a few minutes i turned to her and said, your humming to Mika, she said, she liked it, never really listened to him before, and what a lovely voice

he has.

i asked her if she wanted to borrow the cd, she said no :sad:

i'm going to buy it on my way home :)

by the way still haven't received either of deluxe ones ordered:sneaky2:

Well done you!!!

FINALLY! :wub2:

8074264149_3f29b87d17_z.jpg

I'll be editing and uploading the rest of my pictures this evening :wub2:

It really is lovely Weezey - you both look great. :huglove:

You both look great :wub2:

And I actually like the face you make on this picture, it's pretty cute ;)

SO HAPPY FOR YOU :teehee:

I am so so so so so happy that this happened for you, Weezy! Fantastic fantastic news! :wub2:

Hey peeps!!

You may of heard about the unreal things that happened at the sheffield show last night! I still cant believe it myself, my phone has run out of battery 5 times now over night from the amount of people calling and text me etc. :thumb_yello:

Today I have to go to work however I have many Pic's and Video's from last night which I will put online either later tonight or tomorrow morning!

If you want to see the video of it, its on my face book: Alexander James Mica Bampton , Feel free to add me and you can check links/ pics/ videos etc

Will post back soon!

Thanks

Alex Bampton

Wow! I was out of town today, so I missed all the excitement surrounding this, but how exciting for you, Alex! Thanks for sharing the video and pics! :thumb_yello:

Selby Times

http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/lifestyle/music/coastguard-rescues-mika-song-at-new-album-gig-video-1-5012867

3472126080.jpg

Coastguard rescues Mika song in Sheffield - VIDEO

Published on Thursday 11 October 2012 10:06

COASTGUARD officer Alex Bampton saved the day when he went to see pop star Mika in concert and ended up centre stage - playing piano for the Grace Kelly hit maker in Sheffield, writes Graham Walker.

Alex, aged 18, rescued the moment after he requested a song which the band hadn’t rehearsed from Mika’s brand new album, The Origin Of Love.

The budding young singer-songwriter, who is classically trained, shouted back that he could play the track, Love You When I’m Drunk.

So his idol invited him on stage to have a go in front of the 250 invite-only crowd at the Real Radio Intimate Performance in the Winter Garden.

Alex, spurred on by proud girlfriend Molly Stewart, also 18, was note perfect.

VIDEO: Press the play button t watch digital editor Graham Walker’s exclusive video report, including show highlights and interview with Mika.

Mika gave him the thumbs up and shook his hand. He told him: “You’re fearless. That was amazing. If we need a keyboard played on tour we’ll give you a call.”

Alex, from Beverley, in East Yorkshire, said: “That was fantastic experience. I can’t believe I did it.

“The album only came out on Monday but I love the song and I remembered how to play it. I’ve been playing since I was seven, like Mika.”

Mika, who also performed Grace Kelly, Relax, Big Girl and new single Celebrate, said he plans to tour in the New Year, performing greatest hits and new material.

He said: “Songs like Grace Kelly will always be part of my life. The new album has a lot of fantasy to it but there’s an evolution. It’s not as childish or as naive sounding. It’s a different kind of joy.

“I want to thank to all my fans who follow me and Real Radio for bringing me to this amazing venue.”

Edited by Kumazzz
Add URL