2013 - Mika in "Saturday Night Online" this September 21

Diani Lissette

Oh yeah mine was the Dutch one:naughty:.

Also, in another observation, do you think Mika is aware you can't get scurby from not brushing your teeth?:naughty:

His argumentation was more or less correct in the sense that he first mentioned his teeth falling out, then not being able to eat anything and only then the scurvy.

Of course, if you can't eat anything you'll die of starvation before you get scurvy, especially if you're as thin as Mika.

His argumentation was more or less correct in the sense that he first mentioned his teeth falling out, then not being able to eat anything and only then the scurvy.

Of course, if you can't eat anything you'll die of starvation before you get scurvy, especially if you're as thin as Mika.

Well if you have no teeth you could still suck on oranges and get vitamin C. Also water is more important than food. But really starving would have made more sense than scurvy.

Sorry to ruin the mood but what is the Pokemon kinda thing in the left corner?:mf_rosetinted:

Scare about the pokemon thing :mf_rosetinted:

Ha, do you mean chocolate bars or hot blonde guys?

ten-Josh-Holloway.jpg

Awnnn Josh Holloway, Swayer :wub2: I was in love for many years with Lost and him :teehee:

Thanks for recording and sharing this, Dermoment, I was away this weekend and missed it. The questions were sort of boring unfortunately though; I still think he needs to do a live webchat with us! :D

And about blonde guys; I think they look like they're going bald or something if they've got thin hair so; No... Mika should be checking himself out in the mirror; 'Cause that's what a perfect man looks like. :teehee:

This nice video made me recall why I fell in love with Mika. I haven't seen him being so natural and cutest for a long time. The way he is pulling his hair made me smile like silly :boing:

In fact, the questions were rather predictable, almost nothing new, but I love the way he was answering! I found some new information about the old things, and the answer about his car was the cutest ever! :wub2:

This nice video made me recall why I fell in love with Mika. I haven't seen him being so natural and cutest for a long time. The way he is pulling his hair made me smile like silly :boing:

In fact, the questions were rather predictable, almost nothing new, but I love the way he was answering! I found some new information about the old things, and the answer about his car was the cutest ever! :wub2:

It was to be expected that the questions would be a bit predictable since the chat was on a US site where he is gaining new fans every day. I see that as a good thing (or should I say: was about time?)

I know!

Since his tweet about the peace project I feel a lot closer to him... and this whole past week I've realized exactly how MUCH I love this cutey!!! He is - with no doubt - the most amazing man. Absolutely perfection. I know he's not perfect, of course, he has his issues just like everyone. But for me, he's perfect in every way, and the fact the he has flaws just makes him human.

And he's sweet and amazing and talented...

Smart and funny and sexy as hell...

And he makes me laugh and makes me happy, and when he smiles, his dimples show... and his curls...

OH GOD. STOP ME NOW!!!

Okay I will post something later.

We appreciate your help, thank you in advance :thumb_yello:

I know!

Since his tweet about the peace project I feel a lot closer to him... and this whole past week I've realized exactly how MUCH I love this cutey!!! He is - with no doubt - the most amazing man. Absolutely perfection. I know he's not perfect' date=' of course, he has his issues just like everyone. But for me, he's perfect in every way, and the fact the he has flaws just makes him human.

And he's sweet and amazing and talented...

Smart and funny and sexy as hell...

And he makes me laugh and makes me happy, and when he smiles, his dimples show... and his curls...

OH GOD. STOP ME NOW!!![/quote']

Well said :mikalove:

Blonde or ginger???

By the time i met him in Lisbon he looked like a ginger to me...

But then, it was after the gig, i was tired and it was dark...

But i could swear he was a ginger...

His answer to Q "blondes or brunettes" was: "politically correct would be to say neither of all" :naughty:

But well,we know he loves Dita,so.....:mf_rosetinted:

Edited by krysady

Here is the transcript. I couldn't make out some of the names so I just guessed. :naughty:

Hey it’s Mika. Thank you so much for submitting your questions. I cannot wait to answer them. And a very special thank you to Romeo for having me on the show. So, first question on my computer down here is from

Rachel from Westmont: Out of all the songs you’ve ever recorded, which is your favorite and why?

You know what it probably has to be a song called Over My Shoulder which is something that I recorded after having a terrible week. I was 17 years old. I was still at school and I wrote this song hiding in a little, kind of, cubicle at school. We used to have these practice cubicles and that’s where I wrote the song, hiding from the world. And I went and I recorded it in the garage of a friend’s house. He had a little home studio and I had no idea that I would record something that would end up on my first album. I just know...I did it in like 50 minutes? 45 minutes? And I didn’t have time to record much. I finished it and I listened to it and I was like okay, this is the first thing I’ve ever recorded that I can say sounds kinda special. So of course it has a special significance for me. It’s Over My Shoulder and it’s from my first album. It’s actually a hidden track.

Katie from Doncaster: When will album 4 be released?

Album number 4 will be released when it’s finished. Ah, it’ll be finished and released next year. That’s the intention. Um, no, I mean that’s what I’m working towards. It’s been, it’s literally about 2 or 3 days since the one year anniversary of the Origin of Love which was my last album – my third. And so now I’m starting number 4. I’ve already written a few songs. I’m back at work after this crazy long road trip I’ve been on. My first proper holiday in like 6 years. I took 6 weeks with my dog and my friends and we drove around Europe and now I’m back at work. I’m in London and I’m actually talking to you from my study in my place in London.

Christine from Denver (love Denver) wants to know what my favourite colour is?

Christine, for real? Uh, I don’t know. I don’t really have one but to tell you the truth I always say I don’t have one but I grew up surrounded by girls. I’ve got 3 sisters. So in that case I’d probably have to say my favourite colour, out of reaction growing up, was always blue. I insisted on wearing blue all the time. Blue and yellow. I hope that’s good enough.

Jasmine from Cincinnati: Are you planning on touring in the USA in the near future? I would love to see you again!

Thank you, cause quite frankly touring the United States is one of my favourite things to do as a musician, as a touring musician. You know, firstly, it’s huge. And the audiences are really giving and diverse and it’s just a pleasure. It’s a real pleasure to play in America. The crowd is vocal and reactive and you feel like a musician. You stand on stage and, you know, 2 weeks into an American tour I kinda sit there and say “Wow, this is what being a musician is.” Actually in Denver I had an incredible experience. I ended up – I was supposed to play for about an hour and a half. I played for about 2 hours and 20 [minutes]. People were just calling songs and I was playing them. In Washington, DC on my last acoustic tour I didn’t like the way that the sound was being amplified and it was a synagogue that we were playing in. So I stepped aware from the microphone and I told everyone to be super quiet and I sang without amplification for about half an hour and it was magical. I can’t wait to do it again. So, I hope so. Maybe next year.

Maddy from Roseville: What would you do if you woke up as Eminem for a day?

As Enimem for one day? I would go and I would buy a plane. I don’t know what I would do. I don’t know what I would...I don’t know how I would start. I don’t even know how to get dressed. Um, I’d uh. You know the problem is that probably by the time I actually get used to the idea of being Eminem I’d be back to myself again and then I’d miss being Eminem. Make some tea.

Roxane from Montreal: Do you sing in the shower? If so, what’s your repertoire?

I do sing in the shower. Mostly when I’m nervous about something. Actually I pretty much sing every time I’m nervous about anything whether I’m in the shower or not. My repertoire? Rubbish. Rubbish that’s not...actually mostly it’s rubbish that’s sung by women. That’s my repertoire for the shower.

Frederico from Genoa: What is your favourite song by another artist?

That is the most impossible question. That’s actually harder than what’s your favourite colour, I’ll have you know. Um, there’s so many. From a [De André ?] song, who is also from Genoa. To um, you know I’ve been listening to Carole King’s Tapestry album and I sit there and I’m like how many great songs can you put onto one record? I listen to Prince’s Purple Rain. I’m like, how can you do this, you know? Or, uh, so many – Leonard Cohen songs, Tom Waits’ songs. As much as I’m jaded about the Beatles because, you know, we hear them every single day. You sit down and you look at some of those songs and you think “Wow.” In the context of the time they were written, these things are just mad pieces of genius. Then you listen to an Ella Fitzgerald song or a Nina Simone classic and you’re like wow, that’s pretty amazing. But my favourite song in the world has to be Nature Boy which was sung by Nat King Cole. There’s an amazing story around how it was written which you should just find out. It’s worth finding out about.

Elisa (?) from Laval: What is your favourite TV series?

I am the only human being, I think, left in the world that still watches Cougar Town. It is the best TV show that has ever been made. It’s pure, sophisticated, well-timed gold. Comedy-television gold. And I like it very much. I actually tried to get a cameo on it because although that they pretend that they film in Florida they don’t actually film in Florida at all. They film in Culver City which is actually where I’ve recorded 3 albums with Greg Wells. Um, they film it all around. And that’s in Los Angeles, so they actually filmed it all around the studio. And I tried to get a job in the coffee shop. A cameo – not a cameo, but just like being the guy in the coffee shop that serves the coffee. But I didn’t get the part.

Shea-lyn from NYC: Where do you come up with the inspirations for your songs?

Often in the shower or in the bathroom or on the loo – on the toilet. I mean I don’t know why but it, no. I get a lot of ideas when you’re in the bathroom but I don’t know why. I think it’s the intimacy of just being kind of closed up in there. I hope that doesn’t ruin my music for you.

Holly from Derby: How would you describe your fans?

My fans are...my fans are pretty awesome in fact. They’re a mix of everything. They’re, you know, I’ve got every type of fan and you see that when you come to one of my concerts. I’ve got like, fans that are 30, 40, 50, 15, 12. I mean the whole mix. Girls and guys, every type. And um, I don’t know, I think my fans are a good mix of like silly and serious. You know musos and not afraid to like melody. I like to think that the perfect scenario is one when your fans are a reflection of you because then it means that your music is communicating in the right way. And I think that I’m lucky enough to be in that situation. So I consider myself very fortunate.

Francesca from Sezze: Would you ever sing with a metal singer?

Ah, I mean, I’ve said many times that one of my favourite things growing up was Marilyn Manson and his shows and his records. The melodrama of those records. So I don’t really know. I mean I would do backing vocals or something. I’m not quite sure.

Katie from Doncaster: What’s your favourite time of year?

Um, well, now actually. The autumn or spring. Because in summer you just get good weather and then you get bored with good weather and then you want it to be cold again and you just kind of get jaded. You go in the winter and in the winter you get jaded of the cold and you just want it to be warm, you know. But the thing is about spring and autumn is that everything is changing every day and there’s a reason for it to be unpredictable and so they’re the best seasons. Also I think spring’s the most creative for sure.

A [?] from New York City: Where do you see yourself in 20 years?

Hmm. I see myself as the same person in 20 years as I am now. I see myself doing the same things and I make music, I make things, I design things. I’ve got this design company with my sister and we draw things and we make stuff. We are about to launch a global Swatch campaign which is a collaboration where we design watches and make tons of things from artwork to applications for your phone. So I see myself making things, making music. Always making music, making melody, making drawings. I think when you make something you feel good, you feel happy, you feel like you have value. And there’s nothing that can beat that. Nothing at all. Spending money, doing whatever, travelling around. Still it’s not as good a buzz as when you sit down and you make something out of nothing. So I see myself making things and maybe writing shows – a musical of some sort.

Madilyn from Hermiston: Do you prefer blondes or brunettes?

The politically correct would be to say neither. I mean not neither but either/or. But it has to be blondes. I’m sorry brunettes, of which I am one of. I’m betraying my kind.

Henry from Calabasis: Is Mika your real name? If not, where did it come from?

My real name is Michael Holbrook Penniman Junior. It’s a little bit long to put on a record. Um actually my name is Michael because my father’s name is Michael but my mother hated that name so the deal was when I was born that they would call me Mica and my legal name would be Michael. But they would call me Mica. So I was Mica from birth but for the traditionalist that my father is he legally gave me the name Michael.

Marina from Madrid: What does your song Lady Jane mean to you?

Lady Jane is a gothic fairytale. It means, it’s about a woman that has a special power. She can walk on water. She meets this man who falls in love with her. She walks on water to show off in front of him. He chases after her to get her and he drowns because he can’t swim. And she gets upset so she chops off her feet and jumps in the water with him. It sounds like I’m completely insane when I’m describing the song but it’s really good. Uh, just listen to it and I won’t seem as mad as I do now.

Tia from Chaska: Did you enjoy the US last time you toured here?

Very much. As I said it was one of the most amazing tours the last time I was there. I was doing an acoustic tour and had some very special moments and met some amazing fans of every type. Both during the concerts when they would speak to me because the venues were small and everyone was just able to talk. And then afterwards. It was an amazing moment. I will never forget it. One of my favourite tours I’ve ever done. I’ve done an arena tour. I’ve done, you know I do festivals. I’ve just finished a festival tour. We did up to like 79,000 people in France but still my US acoustic tour that I did recently was one of my favourites, ever.

B[?] from Saudi Arabia: What’s next for you in your career?

I have no idea whatsoever. And it’s always been like that and it will probably always be like that. And so it keeps me excited because I don’t know if it’s gonna be a, you know, what kind of year it’s gonna be. I could never have predicted the year I’m having now. I’m doing two TV shows and making a new album. I’m designing watches and stuff. It’s creative. It’s insanely busy but I get bored easily so it’s okay.

Joey from Nashville: What’s the craziest thing a fan has ever done for you?

Wow I’ve had fans do amazing things. I mean from fly around the world following a tour because they made it their objective and that means so much when you see someone travelling around. It doesn’t go unnoticed. To, uh, you know , I’ve had a fan name a baby after me. I was actually really honoured. That was one of the nicest things.

Arunas from [?]: What do you think about the state of the music industry currently?

I think it’s good. I mean I think it’s all kind of changing. You can look at it as falling apart which, in a way, it is. But you know people are doing different things like you know I look to place my music in films and on television and doing cool projects like with brands like Swatch and stuff because it spreads he music and it spreads the word because the old system of just releasing songs just doesn’t work in the same way. So it’s not the same process. I think it’s good. I think it makes us more creative. That’s my perspective on it.

Lizzie from Indianapolis: What is your favourite song to perform?

At the moment, in America and well, in general in most places, my favourite one is Popular because we start it with an organ. It sounds a bit like church and everyone in the crowd sings it like a big hymn and it feels amazing. So it has to be Popular Song.

B[?] from Istanbul: Do you like it when fans throw gifts on stage? Does it affect your concentration?

Uh, it depends. Sometimes it’s really annoying. I don’t know why people throw stuffed toys. Why are you...? Unless it’s for my dog I don’t know why. But the worst thing is when people are trying to get my attention with a letter and I’m in the middle of singing a song and all they want is for me to read the letter but I’m a little bit busy. That drives me mad.

Katie from London: What’s your shoe size?

43 and a half. 11 US. 10 UK. Does that mean you’re sending me something?

Nick from Nebraska: If you could collaborate with anyone living or dead who would it be and why?

Nina Simone. The finest male vocalist, uh female vocalist. Sorry, it’s late. Female vocalist and amazing rhythm, amazing classical influences in what she does. Just amazing artist. I wish I could have just seen her perform live. I would have...that’s my wish. We’re getting towards the end.

Alina from Mexico: What’s your favourite thing to hear from your fans?

I love to hear how a song becomes a part of someone’s life. I write a song in, you know, in a little tiny room in front of a piano and it goes and it becomes something else. And I love to hear how that song can be transformed into someone else’s life.

Tracy from Boston: What would you do if you started to go bald?

Wear a hat. For sure. But at the moment there’s no risk.

Andreas from San Jose: What’s your favourite sport?

Anything that doesn’t involve playing with a team. To rock climbing, water skiing, wakeboarding which is my new obsession, hiking, stuff like that. Lonely things. I’m rubbish a football.

Jordan from Philadelphia: If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 things what would they be and why?

Well the first thing would be this thing. This would be the first thing that I would bring with me. Because it’s perfect in every way. And the second thing I would bring would be a toothbrush because if you lose your teeth you can’t eat and then you die of scurvy or something. And the third thing that I would bring with me would be music because I would go mad without music. If you have music you can stay sane. Okay almost at the end.

H[?] from Belgium: What was your reaction the first you ever heard one of your songs on the radio?

Fear, fear and fear. It wasn’t elation it was just pure fear. I don’t know why. Maybe I need to speak to somebody about it but I still get that feeling when I hear my song on the radio now. Fear. You’re just afraid that your song’s gonna, you know, you hear it in the studio and you can control it. On the radio it’s out there.

Katie from Detroit: When you go on tour again will you keep the same band as previous tours?

I hope so. I love my band at the moment and we all get along. Musicians come and go and when they go it doesn’t mean they won’t come back so a band is a living thing. I like them. They like me. So at the moment we’re all good.

Julie from Luxembourg: Are you excited to be a judge on The Voice in France? Do you have any expectations about it?

Yes, I am excited. I’m very happy to be doing it. I like the other judges very much. I like the format of the show. I think it’s really cool. The only thing that makes me nervous is that I have to practice up my French a little bit more.

Naomi from Canada: Will you be releasing new music any time soon?

Yes actually I will be releasing a few bits. But then obviously the album will be coming later.

Katelyn from Princeton, NJ: What made you come up with your dog’s name, Melachi?

It means “queen” in Arabic and it was the name of my great-grandmother. And she’s pretty regal.

How often do you get free time?

After this I get a couple of hours off and then um, no from time to time. I took a big chunk of time off so I’m all right to get busy.

Berenike from Leipzig: How do you feel about paparazzi photos?

Like everyone else really. I mean, wah. Just don’t look at them. That’s the most important thing. Mel’s kinda falling asleep.

Gabriella from Caracas: Would you ever consider being an actor?

No. I’m goofy on the screen and I’m not a very good actor. I’ll stick to making music.

Clara from Santiago: Are you in love with anyone at the moment?

Yes, I am. Thank you very much for asking. Now bugger off.

[?] from Germany: What is your biggest fear?

Uh I don’t know. Lots of things really. I don’t like answering that.

Sam from New York: What kind of car do you drive?

I drive a 1966 Austin Healey red little tiny convertible. It cost me £5,000. It breaks down every single day. It’s a piece of rubbish and I love it. It looks like a toy and I hardly fit in it.

Jodie from Northampton: What are 3 words you would use to describe yourself?

No idea whatsoever. I’ll leave that elaboration to you.

All right, that’s it. Thank you so much for submitting your questions and thank you for Romeo for having me. From me and from Mel in my study until very soon. See ya.

Here is the transcript. I couldn't make out some of the names so I just guessed. :naughty:

Hey it’s Mika. Thank you so much for submitting your questions. I cannot wait to answer them. And a very special thank you to Romeo for having me on the show. So, first question on my computer down here is from

Rachel from Westmont: Out of all the songs you’ve ever recorded, which is your favorite and why?

You know what it probably has to be a song called Over My Shoulder which is something that I recorded after having a terrible week. I was 17 years old. I was still at school and I wrote this song hiding in a little, kind of, cubicle at school. We used to have these practice cubicles and that’s where I wrote the song, hiding from the world. And I went and I recorded it in the garage of a friend’s house. He had a little home studio and I had no idea that I would record something that would end up on my first album. I just know...I did it in like 50 minutes? 45 minutes? And I didn’t have time to record much. I finished it and I listened to it and I was like okay, this is the first thing I’ve ever recorded that I can say sounds kinda special. So of course it has a special significance for me. It’s Over My Shoulder and it’s from my first album. It’s actually a hidden track.

Katie from Doncaster: When will album 4 be released?

Album number 4 will be released when it’s finished. Ah, it’ll be finished and released next year. That’s the intention. Um, no, I mean that’s what I’m working towards. It’s been, it’s literally about 2 or 3 days since the one year anniversary of the Origin of Love which was my last album – my third. And so now I’m starting number 4. I’ve already written a few songs. I’m back at work after this crazy long road trip I’ve been on. My first proper holiday in like 6 years. I took 6 weeks with my dog and my friends and we drove around Europe and now I’m back at work. I’m in London and I’m actually talking to you from my study in my place in London.

Christine from Denver (love Denver) wants to know what my favourite colour is?

Christine, for real? Uh, I don’t know. I don’t really have one but to tell you the truth I always say I don’t have one but I grew up surrounded by girls. I’ve got 3 sisters. So in that case I’d probably have to say my favourite colour, out of reaction growing up, was always blue. I insisted on wearing blue all the time. Blue and yellow. I hope that’s good enough.

Jasmine from Cincinnati: Are you planning on touring in the USA in the near future? I would love to see you again!

Thank you, cause quite frankly touring the United States is one of my favourite things to do as a musician, as a touring musician. You know, firstly, it’s huge. And the audiences are really giving and diverse and it’s just a pleasure. It’s a real pleasure to play in America. The crowd is vocal and reactive and you feel like a musician. You stand on stage and, you know, 2 weeks into an American tour I kinda sit there and say “Wow, this is what being a musician is.” Actually in Denver I had an incredible experience. I ended up – I was supposed to play for about an hour and a half. I played for about 2 hours and 20 [minutes]. People were just calling songs and I was playing them. In Washington, DC on my last acoustic tour I didn’t like the way that the sound was being amplified and it was a synagogue that we were playing in. So I stepped aware from the microphone and I told everyone to be super quiet and I sang without amplification for about half an hour and it was magical. I can’t wait to do it again. So, I hope so. Maybe next year.

Maddy from Roseville: What would you do if you woke up as Eminem for a day?

As Enimem for one day? I would go and I would buy a plane. I don’t know what I would do. I don’t know what I would...I don’t know how I would start. I don’t even know how to get dressed. Um, I’d uh. You know the problem is that probably by the time I actually get used to the idea of being Eminem I’d be back to myself again and then I’d miss being Eminem. Make some tea.

Roxane from Montreal: Do you sing in the shower? If so, what’s your repertoire?

I do sing in the shower. Mostly when I’m nervous about something. Actually I pretty much sing every time I’m nervous about anything whether I’m in the shower or not. My repertoire? Rubbish. Rubbish that’s not...actually mostly it’s rubbish that’s sung by women. That’s my repertoire for the shower.

Frederico from Genoa: What is your favourite song by another artist?

That is the most impossible question. That’s actually harder than what’s your favourite colour, I’ll have you know. Um, there’s so many. From a [De André ?] song, who is also from Genoa. To um, you know I’ve been listening to Carole King’s Tapestry album and I sit there and I’m like how many great songs can you put onto one record? I listen to Prince’s Purple Rain. I’m like, how can you do this, you know? Or, uh, so many – Leonard Cohen songs, Tom Waits’ songs. As much as I’m jaded about the Beatles because, you know, we hear them every single day. You sit down and you look at some of those songs and you think “Wow.” In the context of the time they were written, these things are just mad pieces of genius. Then you listen to an Ella Fitzgerald song or a Nina Simone classic and you’re like wow, that’s pretty amazing. But my favourite song in the world has to be Nature Boy which was sung by Nat King Cole. There’s an amazing story around how it was written which you should just find out. It’s worth finding out about.

Elisa (?) from Laval: What is your favourite TV series?

I am the only human being, I think, left in the world that still watches Cougar Town. It is the best TV show that has ever been made. It’s pure, sophisticated, well-timed gold. Comedy-television gold. And I like it very much. I actually tried to get a cameo on it because although that they pretend that they film in Florida they don’t actually film in Florida at all. They film in Culver City which is actually where I’ve recorded 3 albums with Greg Wells. Um, they film it all around. And that’s in Los Angeles, so they actually filmed it all around the studio. And I tried to get a job in the coffee shop. A cameo – not a cameo, but just like being the guy in the coffee shop that serves the coffee. But I didn’t get the part.

Shea-lyn from NYC: Where do you come up with the inspirations for your songs?

Often in the shower or in the bathroom or on the loo – on the toilet. I mean I don’t know why but it, no. I get a lot of ideas when you’re in the bathroom but I don’t know why. I think it’s the intimacy of just being kind of closed up in there. I hope that doesn’t ruin my music for you.

Holly from Derby: How would you describe your fans?

My fans are...my fans are pretty awesome in fact. They’re a mix of everything. They’re, you know, I’ve got every type of fan and you see that when you come to one of my concerts. I’ve got like, fans that are 30, 40, 50, 15, 12. I mean the whole mix. Girls and guys, every type. And um, I don’t know, I think my fans are a good mix of like silly and serious. You know musos and not afraid to like melody. I like to think that the perfect scenario is one when your fans are a reflection of you because then it means that your music is communicating in the right way. And I think that I’m lucky enough to be in that situation. So I consider myself very fortunate.

Francesca from Sezze: Would you ever sing with a metal singer?

Ah, I mean, I’ve said many times that one of my favourite things growing up was Marilyn Manson and his shows and his records. The melodrama of those records. So I don’t really know. I mean I would do backing vocals or something. I’m not quite sure.

Katie from Doncaster: What’s your favourite time of year?

Um, well, now actually. The autumn or spring. Because in summer you just get good weather and then you get bored with good weather and then you want it to be cold again and you just kind of get jaded. You go in the winter and in the winter you get jaded of the cold and you just want it to be warm, you know. But the thing is about spring and autumn is that everything is changing every day and there’s a reason for it to be unpredictable and so they’re the best seasons. Also I think spring’s the most creative for sure.

A [?] from New York City: Where do you see yourself in 20 years?

Hmm. I see myself as the same person in 20 years as I am now. I see myself doing the same things and I make music, I make things, I design things. I’ve got this design company with my sister and we draw things and we make stuff. We are about to launch a global Swatch campaign which is a collaboration where we design watches and make tons of things from artwork to applications for your phone. So I see myself making things, making music. Always making music, making melody, making drawings. I think when you make something you feel good, you feel happy, you feel like you have value. And there’s nothing that can beat that. Nothing at all. Spending money, doing whatever, travelling around. Still it’s not as good a buzz as when you sit down and you make something out of nothing. So I see myself making things and maybe writing shows – a musical of some sort.

Madilyn from Hermiston: Do you prefer blondes or brunettes?

The politically correct would be to say neither. I mean not neither but either/or. But it has to be blondes. I’m sorry brunettes, of which I am one of. I’m betraying my kind.

Henry from Calabasis: Is Mika your real name? If not, where did it come from?

My real name is Michael Holbrook Penniman Junior. It’s a little bit long to put on a record. Um actually my name is Michael because my father’s name is Michael but my mother hated that name so the deal was when I was born that they would call me Mica and my legal name would be Michael. But they would call me Mica. So I was Mica from birth but for the traditionalist that my father is he legally gave me the name Michael.

Marina from Madrid: What does your song Lady Jane mean to you?

Lady Jane is a gothic fairytale. It means, it’s about a woman that has a special power. She can walk on water. She meets this man who falls in love with her. She walks on water to show off in front of him. He chases after her to get her and he drowns because he can’t swim. And she gets upset so she chops off her feet and jumps in the water with him. It sounds like I’m completely insane when I’m describing the song but it’s really good. Uh, just listen to it and I won’t seem as mad as I do now.

Tia from Chaska: Did you enjoy the US last time you toured here?

Very much. As I said it was one of the most amazing tours the last time I was there. I was doing an acoustic tour and had some very special moments and met some amazing fans of every type. Both during the concerts when they would speak to me because the venues were small and everyone was just able to talk. And then afterwards. It was an amazing moment. I will never forget it. One of my favourite tours I’ve ever done. I’ve done an arena tour. I’ve done, you know I do festivals. I’ve just finished a festival tour. We did up to like 79,000 people in France but still my US acoustic tour that I did recently was one of my favourites, ever.

B[?] from Saudi Arabia: What’s next for you in your career?

I have no idea whatsoever. And it’s always been like that and it will probably always be like that. And so it keeps me excited because I don’t know if it’s gonna be a, you know, what kind of year it’s gonna be. I could never have predicted the year I’m having now. I’m doing two TV shows and making a new album. I’m designing watches and stuff. It’s creative. It’s insanely busy but I get bored easily so it’s okay.

Joey from Nashville: What’s the craziest thing a fan has ever done for you?

Wow I’ve had fans do amazing things. I mean from fly around the world following a tour because they made it their objective and that means so much when you see someone travelling around. It doesn’t go unnoticed. To, uh, you know , I’ve had a fan name a baby after me. I was actually really honoured. That was one of the nicest things.

Arunas from [?]: What do you think about the state of the music industry currently?

I think it’s good. I mean I think it’s all kind of changing. You can look at it as falling apart which, in a way, it is. But you know people are doing different things like you know I look to place my music in films and on television and doing cool projects like with brands like Swatch and stuff because it spreads he music and it spreads the word because the old system of just releasing songs just doesn’t work in the same way. So it’s not the same process. I think it’s good. I think it makes us more creative. That’s my perspective on it.

Lizzie from Indianapolis: What is your favourite song to perform?

At the moment, in America and well, in general in most places, my favourite one is Popular because we start it with an organ. It sounds a bit like church and everyone in the crowd sings it like a big hymn and it feels amazing. So it has to be Popular Song.

B[?] from Istanbul: Do you like it when fans throw gifts on stage? Does it affect your concentration?

Uh, it depends. Sometimes it’s really annoying. I don’t know why people throw stuffed toys. Why are you...? Unless it’s for my dog I don’t know why. But the worst thing is when people are trying to get my attention with a letter and I’m in the middle of singing a song and all they want is for me to read the letter but I’m a little bit busy. That drives me mad.

Katie from London: What’s your shoe size?

43 and a half. 11 US. 10 UK. Does that mean you’re sending me something?

Nick from Nebraska: If you could collaborate with anyone living or dead who would it be and why?

Nina Simone. The finest male vocalist, uh female vocalist. Sorry, it’s late. Female vocalist and amazing rhythm, amazing classical influences in what she does. Just amazing artist. I wish I could have just seen her perform live. I would have...that’s my wish. We’re getting towards the end.

Alina from Mexico: What’s your favourite thing to hear from your fans?

I love to hear how a song becomes a part of someone’s life. I write a song in, you know, in a little tiny room in front of a piano and it goes and it becomes something else. And I love to hear how that song can be transformed into someone else’s life.

Tracy from Boston: What would you do if you started to go bald?

Wear a hat. For sure. But at the moment there’s no risk.

Andreas from San Jose: What’s your favourite sport?

Anything that doesn’t involve playing with a team. To rock climbing, water skiing, wakeboarding which is my new obsession, hiking, stuff like that. Lonely things. I’m rubbish a football.

Jordan from Philadelphia: If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 things what would they be and why?

Well the first thing would be this thing. This would be the first thing that I would bring with me. Because it’s perfect in every way. And the second thing I would bring would be a toothbrush because if you lose your teeth you can’t eat and then you die of scurvy or something. And the third thing that I would bring with me would be music because I would go mad without music. If you have music you can stay sane. Okay almost at the end.

H[?] from Belgium: What was your reaction the first you ever heard one of your songs on the radio?

Fear, fear and fear. It wasn’t elation it was just pure fear. I don’t know why. Maybe I need to speak to somebody about it but I still get that feeling when I hear my song on the radio now. Fear. You’re just afraid that your song’s gonna, you know, you hear it in the studio and you can control it. On the radio it’s out there.

Katie from Detroit: When you go on tour again will you keep the same band as previous tours?

I hope so. I love my band at the moment and we all get along. Musicians come and go and when they go it doesn’t mean they won’t come back so a band is a living thing. I like them. They like me. So at the moment we’re all good.

Julie from Luxembourg: Are you excited to be a judge on The Voice in France? Do you have any expectations about it?

Yes, I am excited. I’m very happy to be doing it. I like the other judges very much. I like the format of the show. I think it’s really cool. The only thing that makes me nervous is that I have to practice up my French a little bit more.

Naomi from Canada: Will you be releasing new music any time soon?

Yes actually I will be releasing a few bits. But then obviously the album will be coming later.

Katelyn from Princeton, NJ: What made you come up with your dog’s name, Melachi?

It means “queen” in Arabic and it was the name of my great-grandmother. And she’s pretty regal.

How often do you get free time?

After this I get a couple of hours off and then um, no from time to time. I took a big chunk of time off so I’m all right to get busy.

Berenike from Leipzig: How do you feel about paparazzi photos?

Like everyone else really. I mean, wah. Just don’t look at them. That’s the most important thing. Mel’s kinda falling asleep.

Gabriella from Caracas: Would you ever consider being an actor?

No. I’m goofy on the screen and I’m not a very good actor. I’ll stick to making music.

Clara from Santiago: Are you in love with anyone at the moment?

Yes, I am. Thank you very much for asking. Now bugger off.

[?] from Germany: What is your biggest fear?

Uh I don’t know. Lots of things really. I don’t like answering that.

Sam from New York: What kind of car do you drive?

I drive a 1966 Austin Healey red little tiny convertible. It cost me £5,000. It breaks down every single day. It’s a piece of rubbish and I love it. It looks like a toy and I hardly fit in it.

Jodie from Northampton: What are 3 words you would use to describe yourself?

No idea whatsoever. I’ll leave that elaboration to you.

All right, that’s it. Thank you so much for submitting your questions and thank you for Romeo for having me. From me and from Mel in my study until very soon. See ya.

:bow:

This is so a precious thing, tks Christine!!

It still seems to work at http://www.saturdaynightonline.com/pages/chat/mika.html

But I'm uploading to Youtube anyway. In 105 minutes it should be watchable here:

YYQrD1g9_Jc

I'm off to bed now :wink2:

:thumb_yello: Thanks a million for rec. and sharing this priceless vid.!! :huglove:

It was sooo nice to watch - a real joy - I'm very pleased with everything, except that MIKA doesn't think he's a good actor! :blink: But he has changed his mind before, as we all know, hehe - so I live in hope ... :naughty:

Thanks a million also to Christine for the written Q & A !! :huglove: So great to have it also this way, even he's clear and easy to understand :wub2:

Love,love

me