REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Saturday Night Fiber - Madrid

Christine

Thanx for the quick report & pics :thumb_yello:

You welcomeeeeee!!!! :naughty: I will, don't worry.

Now........

Picture time!!!!

P1000494.jpg

Love this one with the lights effects and all that :wub2:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Asun! Thanks for pics!

I am soooooo glad, no I AM HappY that you are back safe and sound but just tired!!!!

Have a good rest and then.... :roftl:

I can wait as I have been practicing hard to be patient during the whole afternoon :naughty:

See you soon! Have a good rest or good time Vol 2 at Madrid nightclubs, you def have deserved it. :)

So, I don't have time now to read through the whole thread (and my mind is a bit blurred as a result of lack of sleep), neither to write my report now. All I want to say is:

WHAT WERE YOU EUROPEAN GUYS DOING AWAKE AND IN THE MFC THAT LATE AT NIGHT??????:roftl::roftl:

Ok, gog was awesome, though he was really tired and his voice not in the best condition, but you could tell he was actually enjoying it. I felt the same good vibs I had in Ibiza last August. But I have to say I didn't care much about MIka during Big Girls and Lollipop, there were at least two stars I was watching closely.... Queeni and Mirti did a GREAT JOB as big girls, they were loovely and I was more excited to see my two sisters on stage than to see Mika himself:bleh:

The M&G was short but really good. More on alll that later, now I have to get dressed to take the British armada to know the real Madrid night life. And then tomorrow I'll be having the longest sleep EVER:naughty:

A HUGE THANK YOU to everybody that came and made this weekend one of the best of my life. As I told you last Friday, Mika or no Mika, what counts is to be with you guys, you're the top of the top.

That was really beautiful :wub2: I know if I was there I wouldn't be paying attention to Mika during BG or Lollipop either :roftl:

Can't wait to hear more! :wub2:

(sorry, I can't stay briefly I'm afraid... So here part 1)

Ok, lets try to make a longer report. I need to warn you in advance, I feel totally knackered, and I'm not sure if I'm able to express myself in english that well right now. :blush-anim-cl:

Well, lets start at the beginning.

After a way to short night I went to the airport on saturday morning, actual Dutch weather; rainy, windy and 16 degrees celsius. Had a good flight and arrived in Madrid around 12:00. Texted Asun, and found out that they already met some other MFCers, and decided to join them. So overthere the Spanish deligade was (Asun, Ana and Isa), the Italian (Allegra, Robertina, Bettasan and Mirtilla), the Scottish (Freddie and Caz) and ofcourse the Irish Neeve (I really hope I'm not messing up nationalities and names). Really nice to meet them all (again) and we had a nice lunch. Thereafter we went to the hotel of the Italians, met the other MFCers (Sienna, Sariflor, Saralou, Babs, Jemma, Lillibeth, Mici(??) am I missing someone? SORRY!!!) and had a drink overthere whereafter we decided to take of the the "venue". I think it was around 18:00? The Spanish weather was quite good by the way, I heard someone saying abouve 40 degrees, but it was a dry heat, and quite good bearable I thought.

Ouside the venue we waited for a while for news about the meeting thing and news for the big girls. Really the most relaxed queueing for me ever. Lying in the green grass in the shade :thumb_yello: After a while decided to go in and explore the situation overthere. Looked good!! The stage with in front a standing area, and at the sides and further at the back there were seated tribunes. We decided to take a seat and watch what would happen when a band finished their gig. Really good, the standing area almost got empty between the gigs, so we thought we had plenty of time left and stayed seated.

For me personally, I didn't liked the other band that much. To be honest, I think they were quite crap. Morrisson was quite ok, but their songs sounded more or less the same for me. My Bloody Valentine was really a pain in the ass. Terrible music (can you actually call that music anymore??). At one moment, a few of us were sitting with their fingers in their ears to handle the "music". quite funny, people started to make pictures from us :naughty:

In the main time we got the news that Ana and Mirtilla were in as big girls, cool!!!:punk:

After that bloody valentine we went to the standing area and we managed to get mostly front and second row. The Italians had inflatable letters in the form of, of course, MIKA, and they did tape them on the barrier. I thought Freddie had the MFCflag in front of him.

And then, after another band (can't remember their name now), they started to build op the stage for Mika.

I swear, every time I see him, he got more and more flowers on stage :blink:

part 2

Well.... And than, finally, just before 3:30 am, Mika came on. To answer someone’s question, for me it was not weird to stand there, and be jumping around and singing along... I think it is purely adrenaline driven... You find out that you're really tired just after :wink2:

I'll try to remember the set list (not sure about the order though):

Relax

Big Girl

Billy Brown

Any Other World

Ring Ring

Stuck In The Middle

Just Can't Get Enough

Happy Ending

Love Today

Grace Kelly

Lollipop

Relax Encore

People were throwing a lot on stage. During Relax he catched a jacket, which he turned on, our new member gave his necklace to him which he wore and during love today they did throw a tiny umbrella, which he gave to Sara,. And just thereafter, someone did throw a purple fluffy diadem thingy on stage. Mika was looking at it, made signals that he was not going to wear it, and placed the thing on Mikey's head :naughty:

I thought Mika was really playful on stage, having a good time and having a lot of interaction with the crowd. Unfortunately, his voice was not as good as we're used to, and after Just Can't Get Enough he barely had a voice anymore. At Happy Ending he did not sang the high notes and let the crowd sing a lot and Love Today and the songs thereafter he sounded again much better.

Just some funny/remarkable things at random order :wink2:

During Relax he saw the inflatable MIKA letters, stared at it for a moment, and seems to be out of tune for a moment :naughty:

Big Girl, Ana and Mirtilla on stage!!! Will let the report to themselves!

Stuck in the middle had a clown as a tap dancer, but Mika didn't seemed to like him, and the clown was "forced" away by a HUGE security guy.

During Just cant get enough he wanted to get some of the flowers of the drums of Cherisse, but I think they were tightly bounded to the equipment, cause he had a hard time to get them of...

Love Today he almost slipped over the snow. And I laughed my ass of during Love Today about one of the security guys. The guy was just standing near the stage, and got a fled of snow over him. Looked really annoyed, started to shake his head and hear like mad, in order to try to get the snow out of it. Then started to clean his shoulders, breast and tried to get the snow that felt into his shirt out of it. He finally finished it, and then the second fled of snow came :roftl: Really, you should have seen his face...:naughty:

Briefly about the gig. I think he did an amazing job. The Spanish crowd did not seemed to be into him on forehand but I think he managed well. Ok, his voice was not what we are used to, unfortunately, but I think he made a good show although this. :thumb_yello:

part 3

Than the meeting part. We were told to wait at the right side of the stage to go backstage, so we did. Also non MFCers were waiting there... To Freddie the doubtful task to separate the people that were on the list from the people that were not. Well done Freddie, I don't think it was easy, but you managed well!! :thumb_yello: Allegra was missing for a moment, but that went out fine.

They took us backstage, and we had to walk through the barrier, were some other fans jumped over and joined us, 2 or 3 of them I thought? They asked us to have a seat, and then Mika came. Just in his stage clothing, unshowered, just sweaty as we were :naughty: He had small chat with everybody. No restrictions were given, but nobody asked for everything, and I think we behaved good. It was relaxed, Mika seemed to be in good spirits despite his sore throat, so it was all ok. When he left the non MFCers followed him for a bit, I didn't saw it clearly, but I think it was not to bad and handled fast and correct.

Then back to the standing field, chatted for a bit with each other outside. And finally went back to the hotel for having a breakfast around 6 am.

Then for me I got back to the airport, where I was flying in the early afternoon. Got home around 6 pm, totally knackered... And I still am, so I will make an end to it now, and go back to bed. I'm really in need of some sleep...

Debbie!!! :huglove: I'm glad you arrived safe and sound. Thank you for the complete report, I think I have very few things to add (and excuse me everybody, but I'll do that tomorrow when I can type and think properly after sleeping my regular hours:bleh:).

It's been fantastic meeting you again, I really hope we see each other soon, Mika or no Mika:wub2:

Now you go to bed darling, you deserve it!

Thanks so much for the report Carina!

Sounded like an extremely great gig! Weird about Mika not liking the clown tap dancing, did he not choose who to do what during the show? :blink: Anyway.. glad to hear the meet and greet went well as well! It's a shame the non-MFCers went in without permission, but hey it still seemed like it worked out well.

Debbie!!! :huglove: I'm glad you arrived safe and sound. Thank you for the complete report, I think I have very few things to add (and excuse me everybody, but I'll do that tomorrow when I can type and think properly after sleeping my regular hours:bleh:).

It's been fantastic meeting you again, I really hope we see each other soon, Mika or no Mika:wub2:

Now you go to bed darling, you deserve it!

Asun :wub2: Please add things when you have time, I'm not able to think clearly now :naughty:

We will meet again, don't worry :wink2:

Sounded like an extremely great gig! Weird about Mika not liking the clown tap dancing, did he not choose who to do what during the show? :blink Anyway.. glad to hear the meet and greet went well as well! It's a shame the non-MFCers went in without permission, but hey it still seemed like it worked out well.

Your welcome!

I'm quite sure that was all part of the show :wink2:

Thanx for the quick report & pics

Love this one with the lights effects and all that :wub2:

Thank you! I have to say I didn't take many pics, I was having the best time in a gig since Ibiza, just could not stop jumping and dancing!

Hey Asun! Thanks for pics!

I am soooooo glad, no I AM HappY that you are back safe and sound but just tired!!!!

Have a good rest and then....

I can wait as I have been practicing hard to be patient during the whole afternoon

See you soon! Have a good rest or good time Vol 2 at Madrid nightclubs, you def have deserved it.

Thank you!!! :huglove: I'll have the good time first and then a good, looooooong rest:bleh:

That was really beautiful :wub2: I know if I was there I wouldn't be paying attention to Mika during BG or Lollipop either :roftl:

Can't wait to hear more! :wub2:

Hahaha, yep, it was like that: when I saw them backstage I went mad screaming, and Mika looked at me with this WTF? look:roftl:

Ok peeps, I'm off now, hope I won't be out long, I really fear I'll fall asleep while I'm walking!!!

Debbie, I'll add things when I get my mind back, hehehe.

part 3

Than the meeting part. We were told to wait at the right side of the stage to go backstage, so we did. Also non MFCers were waiting there... To Freddie the doubtful task to separate the people that were on the list from the people that were not. Well done Freddie, I don't think it was easy, but you managed well!! :thumb_yello: Allegra was missing for a moment, but that went out fine.

They took us backstage, and we had to walk through the barrier, were some other fans jumped over and joined us, 2 or 3 of them I thought? They asked us to have a seat, and then Mika came. Just in his stage clothing, unshowered, just sweaty as we were :naughty: He had small chat with everybody. No restrictions were given, but nobody asked for everything, and I think we behaved good. It was relaxed, Mika seemed to be in good spirits despite his sore throat, so it was all ok. When he left the non MFCers followed him for a bit, I didn't saw it clearly, but I think it was not to bad and handled fast and correct.

Then back to the standing field, chatted for a bit with each other outside. And finally went back to the hotel for having a breakfast around 6 am.

Then for me I got back to the airport, where I was flying in the early afternoon. Got home around 6 pm, totally knackered... And I still am, so I will make an end to it now, and go back to bed. I'm really in need of some sleep...

Many thanks c@rina@ for your interesting report! :thumb_yello:

Just want to note that I haven't said that singing at 3.30 is weird. When I asked what people may think about singing at 3.30AM then I actually meant Mika because he had to perform at that time :roftl: And I didn't say "weird" , I said it must be difficult.

OK, won't bother you further :) Have a really good sleep now! :wub2:

Hahahaha, I know, we got loads of sms!!!!

Sorry we're keeping you waiting, we're just knackered, and we're still going out tonight!! Welcome to Spain everybody!!!

I'll tell Ana, Mirti is sadly on her way back home with Robi right now. So sad, miss them sooooo much... I'm also sooo proud, I even shed a tear when I saw them jump on stage, my two sisters...

Missed you tho... :huglove:

Aww, I wish I could have been there :emot-sad: But I'm really happy to read how much fun you had :punk: (and will have tonight :naughty:)

Thanks for the pics, I don't think I will ever get over the umbrella thing :wub2:

P1000494.jpg

C@rina, thanks for your report! :flowers2:

Hahaha, yep, it was like that: when I saw them backstage I went mad screaming, and Mika looked at me with this WTF? look:roftl:

Ok peeps, I'm off now, hope I won't be out long, I really fear I'll fall asleep while I'm walking!!!

:roftl::roftl:

Can't wait to hear their reports. Ah I'm so impatient :naughty:

Bye bye! Do have a good rest at some point! :)

Sounded like an extremely great gig! Weird about Mika not liking the clown tap dancing, did he not choose who to do what during the show? :blink: Anyway.. glad to hear the meet and greet went well as well! It's a shame the non-MFCers went in without permission, but hey it still seemed like it worked out well.

Asun :wub2: Please add things when you have time, I'm not able to think clearly now :naughty:

We will meet again, don't worry :wink2:

Your welcome!

I'm quite sure that was all part of the show :wink2:

Yeah I guess I saw it a couple of times in these last gigs..

Yay, great report!! So cool that Ana and Mirti were big girls :wub2: is there any video footage of that??

I'm sure there is... At least Sara filmed the whole gig, but I don't think she's offline the next weeks...

Just want to note that I haven't said that singing at 3.30 is weird. When I asked what people may think about singing at 3.30AM then I actually meant Mika because he had to perform at that time :roftl: And I didn't say "weird" , I said it must be difficult.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood you :blush-anim-cl:

Hmm... I'm not sure... I think it will be different, but not per definition difficult. However, 2 days in a row at such a weird time, I think that will be though yes...

Thanks everyone for the reports and pics and videos and everything!

I'm glad you all had a good time :flowers2:

:naughty:

Also, is this the Much Music Argentina Interview thingie he was talking about in someone's myspace comment?:

Ya está el ganador que cumplirá el sueño de ver a Mika en Madrid

Much llevará a un ganador a Madrid para estar junto al artista más glamoroso del pop. Un show único, un viaje inolvidable.

María Marta Montesano es la ganadora del concurso "El Concierto de tus Sueños". Ella podrá viajar a Madrid a ver a Mika, el glamoroso artista pop que alcanzó el éxito mundial con "Life in Cartoon Motion".

Para participar del concurso, envió un SMS con la palabra Mika al 4477.

Su premio incluye pasaje y estadía, tickets para el show, meet and greet y acceso exclusivo a la entrevista con Mika. Todo lo que suceda en el viaje se verá reflejado en un programa especial a transmitirse en septiembre.

Como siempre, Much te acerca a los mejores shows.

Basically this girl won a contest of "The concert of your dreams", won accomodation and flight, tickets to see Mika, A Meet and greet, and exclusive access to an interview with Mika. And it says "Everything will be reflected in a special program to be transmitted in September."

I think that's right... I might have jumbled things a bit.

It says the date is from the July 14th 2008...

It's from much music but, I don't know. Maybe it's not what he was talking about. Haha

I'm sure there is... At least Sara filmed the whole gig, but I don't think she's offline the next weeks...

Sorry, I must have misunderstood you :blush-anim-cl:

Hmm... I'm not sure... I think it will be different, but not per definition difficult. However, 2 days in a row at such a weird time, I think that will be though yes...

No need to be sorry as my English is far correct :blush-anim-cl:

I thought "tough" can be used as "difficult" or "hard". Aah, whatever, I think we understood each other, finally. Doesn't matter was it expressed in correct English or not :roftl:

Btw, I have read your post twice now and really enjoyed it :huglove:

*I'd love to see the pics of you putting fingers into your eyes and trying to stay awake*.