REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA at Little Noise Sessions in London 18-11-2009

Christine

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Caz ... I have a vid of you and Mika ... well you can't see you ... but I know it's your moment cos' I've watched it a few times ... :wink2:

Gonna do a report in a min .... vids are uploading here http://www.youtube.com/laureljr ... some are a tad shaky ... cos' I was pew dancing or normal dancing ... depending on when we stood up .... :wink2:

I thank all your identities for these vids.

I had no idea he'd done so many songs!

Hahah you're quite welcome. The ledges on the back of the pews helped - it meant I could just prop my arm up and watch the gig without having to be too concerned about the camera. Good stuff!

What, me being unintentionally rude and then apologising? YAY!!

im not sure what bit it is, i couldnt really distinguish anything, but i think i saw him signing your book

Caz ... I have a vid of you and Mika ... well you can't see you ... but I know it's your moment cos' I've watched it a few times ... :wink2:

Gonna do a report in a min .... vids are uploading here http://www.youtube.com/laureljr ... some are a tad shaky ... cos' I was pew dancing or normal dancing ... depending on when we stood up .... :wink2:

oh thank you! i have it on camera too, but it'll be good to see it from a different perspective!

Was it a meet and greet then? I thought we were all just hanging round in an alley late at night and when Mika came out, buzzing around him like a swarm of bees?

It was a bit nuts. Annoying actually, cos at first before he came out there were people either side of the door and there was a massive gap in the middle, but close to the time he came out these two boys stood in front of me, Dan and Sara, and we told them to join the queue (you can hear it in my next vlog) and then everyone was just around him. He was going through everyone and it was like people suddenly became vultures. I had to roll the poster back up and I tried to just give it back to him but it was nearly impossible. He was getting in the car when I just about gave it to him. He almost went without it!

Was it a meet and greet then? I thought we were all just hanging round in an alley late at night and when Mika came out, buzzing around him like a swarm of bees?

That pretty much sums it up lol - I wouldn't really call last night a M&G ... plus I didn't really appreciate that after I got my record signed and was trying to move away from Mika that someone shoved me flying out of the way ... I have that on camera too ... not sure who it was .... called them a twat ... stand by that .... what ... wasn't I moving out of the way quick enough ... or do manners go out the window where Mika is involved. I have no clue who it was .... Only grumble about last night though ... I'll write my review in a minute :wink2:

That pretty much sums it up lol - I wouldn't really call last night a M&G ... plus I didn't really appreciate that after I got my record signed and was trying to move away from Mika that someone shoved me flying out of the way ... I have that on camera too ... not sure who it was .... called them a twat ... stand by that .... what ... wasn't I moving out of the way quick enough ... or do manners go out the window where Mika is involved. I have no clue who it was .... Only grumble about last night though ... I'll write my review in a minute :wink2:

Well I didn't attempt to get near Mika, just stood back and watched and it was very interesting, but utterly predictable.

And to the highlighted bit, the answer is yes, very often, and not only towards each other, but also towards Mika. IMHO.

Edited by babspanky

Have you uploaded it yet then?

And LOL @ straight outta compton being included, hahahaha.

And btw:

That's why I didn't sing, hahaha.

LMAO oh God, now I'm REALLY gutted that you didn't sing it! :lmfao:

STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON!

PS: It's uploading right now

LMAO oh God, now I'm REALLY gutted that you didn't sing it! :lmfao:

STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON!

PS: It's uploading right now

Yeah, they meen srs bizniz.

Yaaaaaaaay uploads!!! I wanna see this, and then, if appropriate, send to my friends and say oh hai dere, this is me and Mika!

Yeah, they meen srs bizniz.

Yaaaaaaaay uploads!!! I wanna see this, and then, if appropriate, send to my friends and say oh hai dere, this is me and Mika!

:teehee:

have you checked out the Rain competition? Mika singing the song acapella. I recommend.

Have you uploaded it yet then?

And LOL @ straight outta compton being included, hahahaha.

And btw:

That's why I didn't sing, hahaha.

I do not see it (( The video is forbidden for viewing in Russia:bored:

:teehee:

have you checked out the Rain competition? Mika singing the song acapella. I recommend.

Yeah, that's totally all I used that thing for, so I could hear the solo vocals. It was luuuuuuurvely.

I do not see it (( The video is forbidden for viewing in Russia:bored:

Don't worry, it's not Mika, it's just a song I mentioned in one of Caz's vlogs.

OK ... where to start .... My journey to London was pretty uneventful ... got to the venue at about 2.00pm ... got a pretty red number on my hand saying 18 .... spent the next 4 and abit hours with some lovely people ... again thanks to all who made those hours pass alittle easier ... it wasn't too cold actually ... but by god was it windy .... went off to the toilet at about 5.30pm and when I came back - the queue was getting organised into the numbers system as I think some stewards had come out - so our being let into the venue was finally gonna be sooner rather than later ... you had the normal guy hanging around the front of the queue without a number claiming he'd been there hours ... but he had Sara to deal with ... no contest :bow: He soon was moved into his rightful place ... talked to Caz about her poster of Afroboy .... :doh: Yes I meant Astroboy ... he's another kind of superhero I've made up .... I'm trademarking him ... ok .... :thumb_yello:

Eventually finally were let into the venue ... they just glanced at your tickets ... didn't scan them ... and thankfully didn't check bags either ... which I was quite relieved about as I had about everything and the kitchen sink in it ... :roftl:

Once into the venue we got row/pew 5 centre ... I was sat next to Caz on one side and Buttons and Jazzy on the other ... we were the only MFC'ers in this row as the rest of it was reserved. Though the people next to Caz never turned up so we had plenty of room to dance - pew dance ... :teehee:

I really really enjoyed Daisy Dares You and Alex Gardner ... most of the time support acts get a raw deal ... cos' I pretty much just want to see Mika - but I really liked them - so that set me up nicely ... though me and Caz spent most of Alex's set deciding who he reminded us off (Robert Pattinson) - shame about Paloma Faith ... I'd not actually listened to any of her music before I came ... but on the say-so of most MFC'ers I was looking forward to hearing her ... wasn't to be ... I shall check YT though .... but every downside has an upside ... and most definitely the upside was more Mika and not a longer wait .... :wub2:

What can you say about a Mika concert ... let alone this one ... It was spine-tingling - goose-bumpingly gorgeous .... his voice ... It really does send shivers up my spine ... from the opening bars of Grace Kelly .... and his cheeky grin when the crowd went mad ... Any Other World .... god .... I had a few tears ... not sure if anyone noticed ... don't care if they did ... it's the song that made me fall in love with his music ... I've only ever heard it once live (Hammersmith 2008) - nearly got it at Sadler's Wells but he ****ed it up - nearly thought the same thing was gonna happen last night when he stopped it again ... had my heart in my mouth ... :blush-anim-cl: That song pretty much made my night .... Over My Shoulder ... :wub2: I just sat there - just staring at him .... awestruck really ... he just captivates me .... I could just sit and listen to him singing like that for ever .... just beautiful .... You know ... I felt really proud to be there last night ... proud to be a Mika fan ... proud that I get him ... and he's not marmite to me ... cos' so many people are missing out on something that is just unique .... I'm proud of him too ... if that makes sense .... that he can hold an audience in the palm of his hand like that ... and probably not even be aware just how flipping amazing he is ....

I can't really add anything else at the moment ... I'm not very good with summing up what I want to say .... but I think you all know .... :wub2:

I really want it to be February now .... because I already want to see him again so so badly :aah:

One thing which never fails to amaze me is how any number of people can view the same event completely differently. That said, each version of events can still be totally valid.

I have to admit I was worried before MIKA came out that he would be swamped but despite there being quite a crowd around him I thought he always looked comfortable and in control of the situation. He didn't chat at length with anyone but he seemed to make his way round to most people who wanted to see him. I was fully expecting him to jump in the car and drive off because of the way the majority of people were huddled round the door but all credit to him he handled the situation really well. Obviously each person has their own view on how to behave at these things, personally I think MIKA is more likely to spend longer there if people hang back initially and give him room and also move aside quickly once they have had their moment with him. We did the same as Babs and waited across the road until he came out but once he did we made our way over and stood on the fringes of the group, he soon made his way to us so we could get our promo signed and we went home very happy bunnies.

I'm still on a real high from last night, it was so special perhaps I am just remembering it with rose tinted spectacles but I thought the M & G had the potential to be a disaster but it turned out quite good in the end.

p.s. Jules has gone to see 'Grumpy Old Women' tonight, but I bet she still comes home with a smile on her face and on a high from last nights gig. Not even a night of women moaning will be enough to turn her mood :wink2: