REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA at Little Noise Sessions in London 18-11-2009

Christine

omg omg - simply amazing. Its difficult to put into words how fantastic this gig was but you've all done a fantastic job and I totally agree with you all.

Hope we have another experience like this sometime.:thumb_yello::clap::original:

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tnx, Sparkly for the pics!

I was never jealous of anyone going to a gig ever since i joined this forum, but if there is a gig i was jealous not to be there is this one!

I agree Ms. Wonka!

I have watched & thoroughly enjoyed a lot of vids of Mika's concerts & shows everywhere - but - I think this might be the BEST gig up to now.

WOW!

I can't believe the vids!

Thanks Jazzy!

The vids are stunning!

Mika & the King Singers are amazing!

The venue is beautiful!

I am running out of superlatives to describe this evening at Union Chapel!

Bravo!

kudos!

What a night !!

. . . PS, why can't all gigs be so respectful like this one was, everyone took cue's from Mika and the band, we clapped when they wanted us to, stood up and danced when they wanted us to, sat down respectfully to listen and enjoy to the full the slower songs, laughed at his little jokes etc, it was just wonderful....*sigh* . . .

I can't help but think this is appreciated . . .

Edited by A. Clay

I haven't even read all the reports or watched all the videos yet, just a few, but already I am getting a sense that this was an AMAZING gig. :wub2:

The videos I've seen (thanks to Jazzy, I think it is) are brilliant. He should do every gig with the King's Singer's (well ok not every gig :teehee:), the arrangements sound great. Mika himself seemed so focused on his vocals too. Maybe that's because he felt under special pressure to be spot on, given the quality of the backing singers, but whatever the reason, it paid off.

Much as I adore the energy of his jump-around weird-dancey gigs, I also love to hear him SING, and sing well, and be note perfect. It's fundamentally the reason I am a fan...his voice. Sorry to be obvious but sometimes that just needs saying! :naughty:

Right, off to read up properly. Thanks in advance to everyone and Caz, I am looking forward to your vlog :teehee:

oo thanks WOnka, great quality, sounded different up there and to the side than it did from center.

Oh and sorry you can't have been there, lets hope he does more of this kind of thing in future, he is just sooo versitle. :fangurl:

I KNEW IT'D BE HIM!!!:teehee:

There was a guy in the second row (press section) with his son and I remembered that I found a 2007 Mika gig review from Paul K. in which he mentions how much he enjoyed the gig with his son, Daniel.

HE WAS SINGING AND ENJOYING HIMSELF!!!

(P.S. I am absolutely sure he had nothing to do with that malicious tweet and last night he actually had the chance to clarify it with Mika in person...)

Oh I am soo pleased to hear that, we chatted to him I think was he behind us? cos the press guy behind us seemed really into Mika.

I hope someone mentions it to the culprit who DID accuse Mika..AS IF!!!GRRR

I haven't even read all the reports or watched all the videos yet, just a few, but already I am getting a sense that this was an AMAZING gig. :wub2:

The videos I've seen (thanks to Jazzy, I think it is) are brilliant. He should do every gig with the King's Singer's (well ok not every gig :teehee:), the arrangements sound great. Mika himself seemed so focused on his vocals too. Maybe that's because he felt under special pressure to be spot on, given the quality of the backing singers, but whatever the reason, it paid off.

Much as I adore the energy of his jump-around weird-dancey gigs, I also love to hear him SING, and sing well, and be note perfect. It's fundamentally the reason I am a fan...his voice. Sorry to be obvious but sometimes that just needs saying! :naughty:

Right, off to read up properly. Thanks in advance to everyone and Caz, I am looking forward to your vlog :teehee:

Right On Gatorgordinha!

You expressed the brilliance of this performance better than I did.

I "ditto" what you said!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I don't think it will be on TV. It may turn up on the mencap site though.

Last rumour I heard had highlights (prob not just Mika) on channel 4 who interviewed Daisylou. People Who Are Observant (ie, not me) said that the pros didn't video the whole thing

To be honest, I'd love to hear it on cd- I'm a big believer in fans singing along at gigs, but you couldn't always hear the KS

Am I alone in wishing Mika had let them do a song on their own, maybe near the beginning?

The OMS article is good.

Leave a comment!

It is easy & you don't have to join or register or anything.

Lets get our boy some good attention for last night's amazing performance!

Kudos Mika & the King Singers!

Part 1, hope it works!

interesting, do you really not see many squirrels then? we're lousy with them here, they are nesting on the roof over my apartment, they make lots of noise!

thanks for the vlog, looking forward to part 2.

and thanks everyone for sharing your experiences, photos etc.!

(do I need to say "wish I'd been there"?)

interesting, do you really not see many squirrels then? we're lousy with them here, they are nesting on the roof over my apartment, they make lots of noise!

thanks for the vlog, looking forward to part 2.

and thanks everyone for sharing your experiences, photos etc.!

(do I need to say "wish I'd been there"?)

Oh there usually are squirrels running around London, but I'm not from London, so I tend to get a bit excited lol. Part 2 is uploading.

Oh thanks for the vidéo.... it's so beautiful :wub2:

I agree, I loved more than any other time I have seen them every single song he sang with them and on his own, the sound at this gig was just outstanding, in fact during OMS I got a tad emotional and shed the odd tear, partly due to the beauty of the sound, partly at the purity of his voice, partly in awe of his talent.

:wub2:

I totally understand you... only seeing vids make me feel so moved and got tears... I would have loved to hear this gig... :blush-anim-cl:

I can't add much more to that, I felt exactly the same way about this gig, it was an honour to be there for sure.

I am glad I wasn't the only one moved to tears by "Over My Shoulder."

I know it probably seems a bit exsessive, but I'll try to expain why.

you're sat there, in this beautiful building with it's hauntingly stunning lighting. The sound carries up way into the rafters (or w/e they are called), you're being entertained by a beautiful young man looking so sophisticated, while he etches out the finer details of his voice FOR US. It's kinda watching him at work, making such an amazing job of crafting every detail of his voice and the unbelievably beautiful sound it; (mingled with the K.singers) made, that got me, I was in total awe at that and found it soooo moving, even remembering it gets me.

It's like I just totally appreciated his talent (not that I don't always anyway), but it was kinda harnessed and performed IMHO to perfection on OMS it left me speechless, teary,

:tears::fangurl:

:tears::wub2:

Ok, this time, I couldn't stop my little tear to go on... this is the most beautiful OMS I've never seen... I'm totally shattered :blush-anim-cl:

Thank you to all of you for the vids, the pics and your moving reports... You make us feel how this evening was so special and unique...

oo thanks WOnka, great quality, sounded different up there and to the side than it did from center.

Oh and sorry you can't have been there, lets hope he does more of this kind of thing in future, he is just sooo versitle. :fangurl:

:huglove:

The OMS article is good.

Leave a comment!

It is easy & you don't have to join or register or anything.

Lets get our boy some good attention for last night's amazing performance!

Kudos Mika & the King Singers!

:thumb_yello:

2h5tgfl.jpg

Edited by willywonka