Petition to be Official Fan Club!!

Wendi

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of us were thinking of getting up a petition to ask that this fan club be regarded as Mika's official fan club, and therefore we can get information about events, so that situations like today, when people were told only a few hours before a gig that they could go WITHOUT a ticket, are less likely to happen.

If we can get the petition supported by as many people as possible, we will get it printed out, and will present it to Jerry (Mika's manager) and a copy to Mika as well, at the Glasgow concert in November - where there will be a 20+ contingent of MFC members!!

FREDDIESDOUBLE will look after this thread, and will answer any questions that you may have (thanks Fred :biggrin2: )

Sign up here for now - and we will work out a way to get the signatures at a later date!!

I want to suport this!

Totally, count me in! ;)

hi guys.

I just want to assure you all that the admin team of myself, Mikablog and Sunny are all 100% behind this petition.

However, it is important that you know the full scale of what we are dealing with here...

Mikasounds is NOT run by Mika, it is run by a record label and the marketing people associated with it. They care about one thing... MONEY.

At MFC we care about Mika, we don't even make a profit from this site, and donations just about cover the expenses.

MFC and Mikasounds live in two different worlds, we all know who is most important, but as long as Mika is contracted to them, we are unlikely to be the official site.

I challenge Mika and his team of "marketing people" to do the right thing and make MFC the official forum.

Mika reads this forum, I have evidence. It is BY FAR the biggest Mika sites on the net, and is one of the fastest growing music sites on the net.

They should NOT take us for granted. The admin team at MFC is willing to remain non-profit, and are willing to continue to put Mika first and money last. Can MikaSounds.com say the same???

So what can we do???

One option is to create accounts at Mikasounds forum and use links to MFC as your signature... this way we get more links and publicity to MFC. But most importantly we get the attention of the forum owners.

Perhaps use the Link text: "Official Mika Fan Site?"

and link to http://www.mikafanclub.com

Another option is to try and get top 10 for the google search term "Mika". If you own a blog, post at forums, have a myspace page etc... then you can link to http://www.mikafanclub.com with the text "Mika"

More links = More chance.

If we all get together and take action then they WILL take notice.

Who is with me?

Dean

i knew about the difficulties....and i am totally withyou in trying to overcome them!

even if this will mean posting in mikasounds...which is a place i do not like! and you know!

thnaks dean for such a commitment!

Notice that on Mikasounds, there's a link to the Big Girl performance at Glastonbury:

http://www.mikasounds.com/uk.php

Notice the link that's provided on the website to view the performance - a YouTube vid uploaded by one of our own!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmr2P0nGenk

Let's all unite under love of Mika!

......hehehe the only thing interesting i do on mikasounds is click the bird and let the poo drop on lollipop girl and her lollipop (haha i know it's childish!) :roftl:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Ha ha - yeah... been there, done that :wink2:

SIGN ME UP - this second home of mine has the best, most up to date information, wonderful photos, great reports and friendly people !!

Long may this forum continue - IT'S THE TOPS !!

x

hi guys.

I just want to assure you all that the admin team of myself, Mikablog and Sunny are all 100% behind this petition.

However, it is important that you know the full scale of what we are dealing with here...

Mikasounds is NOT run by Mika, it is run by a record label and the marketing people associated with it. They care about one thing... MONEY.

At MFC we care about Mika, we don't even make a profit from this site, and donations just about cover the expenses.

MFC and Mikasounds live in two different worlds, we all know who is most important, but as long as Mika is contracted to them, we are unlikely to be the official site.

I challenge Mika and his team of "marketing people" to do the right thing and make MFC the official forum.

Mika reads this forum, I have evidence. It is BY FAR the biggest Mika sites on the net, and is one of the fastest growing music sites on the net.

They should NOT take us for granted. The admin team at MFC is willing to remain non-profit, and are willing to continue to put Mika first and money last. Can MikaSounds.com say the same???

So what can we do???

One option is to create accounts at Mikasounds forum and use links to MFC as your signature... this way we get more links and publicity to MFC. But most importantly we get the attention of the forum owners.

Perhaps use the Link text: "Official Mika Fan Site?"

and link to http://www.mikafanclub.com

Another option is to try and get top 10 for the google search term "Mika". If you own a blog, post at forums, have a myspace page etc... then you can link to http://www.mikafanclub.com with the text "Mika"

More links = More chance.

If we all get together and take action then they WILL take notice.

Who is with me?

Dean

Deano I loves it:biggrin2:

We can do this , bring it on :thumb_yello:

I'd love for this to become the official fan club! It's such a wonderful wealth of Mika information, I don't know what we'd all do without it.

id probably not go to 5 shows... maybe 2....

I'm sorry to read thi only now (i don't have internet at home for a whole week!:sneaky2: ) but i'm def in!! Actually i was thinking to mention the idea to Jerry at the gig in Paris (if i'll ever have the chance to see him)!

official official!!:punk:

well I did as deano said, and posted on the mikasounds forum for people to come here, but it is so hard to navigate compared to this forum. I tried to check the members list to see who I knew, and they don't even have an alphabetical feature, so you end up going page after page ...after 5 pages I was still on the As so I gave up and came home here.

Aaaaah. *pulls up comfy old chair and sits down*

That's better. MFC is much more comfy...:wink2: Gotta make it official.

well I did as deano said, and posted on the mikasounds forum for people to come here, but it is so hard to navigate compared to this forum. I tried to check the members list to see who I knew, and they don't even have an alphabetical feature, so you end up going page after page ...after 5 pages I was still on the As so I gave up and came home here.

That is one of the most important reasons why I prefer MFC. I never signed up at the Mikasounds forum anyway, I just knew I was never going to post there. Feel so much more comfortable here.

yeh its pants:thumbdown: , all the more reason to stay here and make it official :biggrin2:

<heads over to official forum>

Hey!

Please sign me up too, I think it's a very good idea.

This forum is the best way to get information about Mika and his activities.

I live in Sweden, if there is anything I can do for the MFC in my country, just tell me and i'll be happy to do it.