2007 - Mika @ Carling Academy, Newcastle, 26 Nov -- REVIEWS!

dcdeb

I don't know what to say here apart from I hope he never reads this thread as I think its gone a bit ugly in places, that makes me sad, and a bit worried, if he sees this going on he could just totally withdraw any time to us at all after gigs and that would be a shame and our own fault.

r u talking about the pix thing?

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awww how sweet:blush-anim-cl:

I'm glad you got another picture with him. You didn't necassarily need it, but its no biggy. It would be another thing if you went out to dinner with him every night :naughty:

Don't take what people say personally Sivan:wink2: They're just jealous:naughty: You deserve that picture just as much as anyone else on here. I'm glad you had a great time by the way!:biggrin2:

not taking it seriously at all... its all good.. just dont want people to be mad... esp not about smething like taking a pic with mika :blink:

oh and i dont NEED a pic with him...its just a nice memory from the day.... like i take pictures with anyone ellse...

not taking it seriously at all... its all good.. just dont want people to be mad... esp not about smething like taking a pic with mika :blink:

They're not mad, just jealous:bleh:

Don't worry, they'll get over it haha

r u talking about the pix thing?

more about everyone bickering Sivan, it's not good for MFC we should not bicker, Mika is not ours, he can have a pic or do a sig for whoever he wishes, we have no rights to him, non of us, so I think if people are lucky enough for him to say yes to them then that is fine by me cos that is what mika wanted to do at the time.

I have not really been brave enough to get a real pic with him yet, the only one I got I shared it with Yuppymuch so as not to take up too much of his time. I don't mind that cos as I say I am shy and very UNphotegenic anyway lol, I find it hard enough to even being able to speak to him hardly cos I am so bleeding shy around him, but I can be a little braver on behalf of my daughter, so I kinda let HER do the talking and I just stand back and look silly lol.

They're not mad, just jealous:bleh:

Don't worry, they'll get over it haha

For me, it is just a bit of jealousy that you've had so many encounters/pictures with Mika, Sivan. But that's not to say you are a bad, selfish person or anything like that. It's quite normal for a person to be jealous, so that's just how I feel when I think about the fact that you've had so many pictures with him...but that doesn't mean that I don't like you...I've never met you, but I'm sure you're a wonderful person! I just try to remember that he's hopefully coming back to the U.S. soon, and that I'll have my chance to meet him and get a picture/autograph!

For me, it is just a bit of jealousy that you've had so many encounters/pictures with Mika, Sivan. But that's not to say you are a bad, selfish person or anything like that. It's quite normal for a person to be jealous, so that's just how I feel when I think about the fact that you've had so many pictures with him...but that doesn't mean that I don't like you...I've never met you, but I'm sure you're a wonderful person! I just try to remember that he's hopefully coming back to the U.S. soon, and that I'll have my chance to meet him and get a picture/autograph!

totaly fine to be jelous.... im jelous at other people to but im happpy for them same time... no need to be negative.....

oh well! so hows the weather? *change subject without anyone noticing* lol

;)

i better go to sleep

night everyone! hugs to everyone.... (who ever wants it).... :bleh:

totaly fine to be jelous.... im jelous at other people to but im happpy for them same time... no need to be negative.....

oh well! so hows the weather? *change subject without anyone noticing* lol

;)

i better go to sleep

night everyone! hugs to everyone.... (who ever wants it).... :bleh:

Oh, I hope my comments didn't come across as negative...I didn't mean them to be! :thumb_yello:

Good night, Sivan!

On a lighter note folks (pardon the pun)....I now understand why people are drawn to the light, makes perfect sense to me now....I BELIEVE!!! altogether now...WE BELIEVE!!!

In an attempt to avoid the "light" :naughty: , I must say that I really love that white jacket! :thumb_yello:

But yes...I believe. :biggrin2:

What I don't understand is why some people want more than one Mika signature (or any person's signature for that matter). Could someone explain to me? haha

Hey, everybody's different. I'm sure there are some

people who would want to know why a person

would want to go to more than one gig by the same performer, especially

several nights in a row, or several nights close together. That's

kind of odd behavior too, when you stop to think of it :naughty:

I think quibbling over whether it's appropriate to get more than one

autograph or more than one photo is a bit pointless, and

needlessly judgemental. I mean, if you use

the logic that someone who gets more than one pic/autograph is

taking something away from someone who doesn't have any, you

could apply that to tickets to the shows. These Mika shows are

sold out, so if you're buying tickets to a show and you've already seen

him, seen him multiple times even, then theoretically you could be

taking a ticket away from

someone else who's never seen him before because there are no tickets

left for them to buy.

So let's not be judgemental (point the finger, place the blame) --

we're all different, and we all have

different opinions of what's appropriate "fan" behavior. That doesn't

mean we're "right" or "wrong" or "superior" or "selfish"

-- it just means we want and expect different things. Let's face it,

Mika is not going to do anything he doesn't want to do, no matter

what WE do. So just do what your conscience tells you feels right

for you.

dcdeb

yep I agree with that dcdeb, it's more or less what I was trying to say but I ended up on a pointlessly delicious waffle (i have been longing to use that quote of his lol). I'm sure it will all sort itself as sometimes people say things in haste.

I do think it's a shame that such a memorable evening has had some negs about it. But it was fine for me, i had the best time ever (yeah I hid when the big M loomed near me, but I can live with my patheticness, have done for OOOOoooooooOo eons nnow lol).

And I feel perfectly O.K. about saying I'm jealous of the whole lot of you and i know that none of you are going to think I don't like you. You're all wonderful and I'm just jealous. That's my issue. Oh, and it's not eating me up or anything. Particularly cos he's coming to Oz next year!!! Sorry, I just can't stop saying that. The more I say it, maybe the more real it will seem.

And I feel perfectly O.K. about saying I'm jealous of the whole lot of you and i know that none of you are going to think I don't like you. You're all wonderful and I'm just jealous. That's my issue. Oh, and it's not eating me up or anything. Particularly cos he's coming to Oz next year!!! Sorry, I just can't stop saying that. The more I say it, maybe the more real it will seem.

lol be sure to treat him well and protect him from big evil spiders etc, also bet there will be some awesome OZ type projects and gifty ideas to keep you occupied till then.:thumb_yello:

...it's nice to meet him and it would be lovely to have a picture and a kiss and a personal invite to his next dinner party every time...

Kata - wouldn't we all laugh if you DID get invited to his next dinner party? If so, I expect a 500 word review. :roftl:

*will only act determined, forceful, and bold to get Mika pics and/or video recording when handing him the "Year in Cartoon Motion Yearbook" him, as delegated* :biggrin2:

You have your mission, young grasshopper. Now go forth and make us proud! (For some reason, that just made me envision you applying a Canada flag patch to Mika's back pocket. I think it's bed time, lol!)

i guess i was lucky cause i saw him in the USA and we were not a lot of people there every time after the shows... all of you that say "BACK OFF" to me... i think its not a nice thing to say... but u guys can have your opinion i guess...

Sivan, don't take it personally. I don't think anyone blames you. I for one am completely, passionately jealous that you've met Mika so many times, especially early on when he wasn't in such high demand. I'm also passionately jealous of those who have been to more gigs than I have fingers. But, I'm also quite jealous that you get to go back to LA and I get to freeze my butt off in this frozen -25C wasteland. :bleh:

Your collection of Mika pics is beautiful, even if it does make some of us a little green. :thumb_yello:

Kata - wouldn't we all laugh if you DID get invited to his next dinner party? If so, I expect a 500 word review. :roftl:

You have your mission, young grasshopper. Now go forth and make us proud! (For some reason, that just made me envision you applying a Canada flag patch to Mika's back pocket. I think it's bed time, lol!)

Sivan, don't take it personally. I don't think anyone blames you. I for one am completely, passionately jealous that you've met Mika so many times, especially early on when he wasn't in such high demand. I'm also passionately jealous of those who have been to more gigs than I have fingers. But, I'm also quite jealous that you get to go back to LA and I get to freeze my butt off in this frozen -25C wasteland. :bleh:

Your collection of Mika pics is beautiful, even if it does make some of us a little green. :thumb_yello:

I was jealous some time ago of people who saw many concerts and I have seen none. But not any more...I love seeing all the new photos and more the MIKA the better. Well since he is coming to Canada and I am going I have all the reason to be excited! we will all see him at some point I am sure.

I think it of this way...my concert will be extra special with extra meaning to me.

yay!!!

Ok, I think these are the best ones...

Gald you like them! :wink2:

If you want to have a look at all the pix I took, I uploaded them all on facebook.

part 1

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=13820&l=fa0b2&id=653747378

part 2

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=13822&l=c46aa&id=653747378

outside

HPIM4455.jpg

Wow !!!!!!!!!Lovely pics Mariposa!!!!!!:wub2:

Can't wait for London now !

NOPE he did however have a huge balloon that he let the crowd play with during the set change b4 Mika came on, the crowd loved it and kept it bouncing over our heads for half an hour. :thumb_yello:

oh...

*glares in Freddie's general direction*

He told me he was going to wear it at this gig...

He better have a good reason for not wearing it... seeing as I bought it for him!

Thanks everyone for the reports and pics. I'm enjoying living vicariously through everyone else's experiences and hoping that by next year it will be me!

I've wondered a bit about the photos thing. Is it pushy to ask? I've never really been a pushy person, pretty sure I could make myself do it if I needed to, but would be afraid of offending or being refused.

I don't see it as a problem... I asked if I could get an autograph... and a pic... it was about the only thing I said to him, besides telling him how to spell Tegan...

You don't know if you don't ask... but I am determined to get a group pic with myself, RBSKY, Soy and HK... seeing as we didn't get a decent one last time... though we did get 'the' pic... :naughty:

1. It gives me an excuse to at least say SOMETHING to him, anything is better than the awkward silence that usually befalls my stupid mouth.

Same here sparkly1... though I went one further... I had to remind myself o breathe a few times... :blink:

Hey, everybody's different. I'm sure there are some

people who would want to know why a person

would want to go to more than one gig by the same performer, especially

several nights in a row, or several nights close together. That's

kind of odd behavior too, when you stop to think of it :naughty:

I think quibbling over whether it's appropriate to get more than one

autograph or more than one photo is a bit pointless, and

needlessly judgemental. I mean, if you use

the logic that someone who gets more than one pic/autograph is

taking something away from someone who doesn't have any, you

could apply that to tickets to the shows. These Mika shows are

sold out, so if you're buying tickets to a show and you've already seen

him, seen him multiple times even, then theoretically you could be

taking a ticket away from

someone else who's never seen him before because there are no tickets

left for them to buy.

So let's not be judgemental (point the finger, place the blame) --

we're all different, and we all have

different opinions of what's appropriate "fan" behavior. That doesn't

mean we're "right" or "wrong" or "superior" or "selfish"

-- it just means we want and expect different things. Let's face it,

Mika is not going to do anything he doesn't want to do, no matter

what WE do. So just do what your conscience tells you feels right

for you.

dcdeb

Words from the wise Mod! All hail!

Seriously though, I have to agree... though, the only reason I would ask for another autograph is in the process of showing him 'the' pic ans asking him where he's looking... :naughty:

And Maybe getting my records signed...

Oh yeah *high fives chickadee*

I'm totally jealous of people who are going to all these gigs at the mment... but I get over it pretty quickly...

lol be sure to treat him well and protect him from big evil spiders etc, also bet there will be some awesome OZ type projects and gifty ideas to keep you occupied till then.:thumb_yello:

Oh yes... we have many a plan... when he announces dates they will be going forward pretty quickly... they're pretty good too..

This was amazing :biggrin2:

MFC people .. as always fabbbyyyy :thumb_yello:

Meeting CHERISSE :wub2: , Martin saying he saw me going mental in the crowd and then Mika ..... first time he fully recognised me :biggrin2: ... nice to see you in the flesh he said , I said is it that scary??? to which he replied .... quite the opposite actually :wink2: .......

The floor was shaking with everyone jumping , the Geordies and North East rock , best gig yet said Mr M :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

For me watching them in February .. 200 people in Newcastle then 9 months later this was just unreal!!!!

Love the reports etc , thanks to everyone for making it one helluva night

Now I have 200 towels to wash with all the girls that have stayed at mine !!!

I don't know what to say here apart from I hope he never reads this thread as I think its gone a bit ugly in places, that makes me sad, and a bit worried, if he sees this going on he could just totally withdraw any time to us at all after gigs and that would be a shame and our own fault.

Don't be sad or worried, sparkly, people are just expressing an opinion, I really struggle with this forum sometimes, every time someome tries to just disagree or have a different viewpoint, people get uptight. We can't always agree, and I thought the point of a forum was to discuss opinions etc? We can't and don't all have the same opinions..

Awww how sweet:blush-anim-cl:

I'm glad you got another picture with him. You didn't necassarily need it, but its no biggy. It would be another thing if you went out to dinner with him every night :naughty:

Don't take what people say personally Sivan:wink2: They're just jealous:naughty: You deserve that picture just as much as anyone else on here. I'm glad you had a great time by the way!:biggrin2:

I know you are laughing here fmbm, but why do people always say others are jealous? I for one am not and I don't think Kata is, she's had her chances and has chosen not to ask for a photograph each time. That's her view point, stance, opinion, which she expressed here. Doesn't make her jealous, necessarily.

oh and i dont NEED a pic with him...its just a nice memory from the day.... like i take pictures with anyone ellse...

Again, I don't think people are 'mad' at you. They just see things differently. We can all learn from others' opinions can't we?

:

I don't think it was aimed personally at you either Sivan, it just happened to be you who raised the subject which sparked the discussion. Yes, folks discussion. It doesn't mean people don't like you or are negative, can't we just have a discussion from time to time instead of being expected to have the same opinion about things all of the time?

Yooooo!!!!!!!!!! :punk: :punk:

Hey peeps wassup?? :biggrin2:

Wow!! How fantastic was Newcastle??!!!!!!!

I absolutely loved it!! What a rockin' gig!!!!!!! Nice for Mika to say it's been his favourite one this tour :biggrin2: (so far, of course, lol!)

I've got some brilliant pics!! Haven't had any time yet to put them on here (not with driving 320 mile home yesterday and being cream crackered!!) :blink::naughty: