2008 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS for Mika @ The Hammersmith Apollo - London (25 Feb)

Niki27

I'm guessing HJ will be a b-side on one of the singles from the new album.

As others have pointed out, it's already been "out" and performed for too long to really go on the album. I bet Mika wants his album to be fresh and with a real element of surprise (watch how he refuses to say anything concrete about its sound in interviews!), and so he wouldn't want a song that people have been hearing since spring 2007 on it.

--Jack

Mmh, maybe you're right...I did hope for a proper artwork and character and stuff for it though..:blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Blue Eyes, your pics are the most animated i've seen in a long while. For me, who wasn't there last night and have no plans to see Mika this year, it painted a really good picture of how the night was. Cheers!!

..and I'm glad to hear a change in set i.e , the string quartet on Happy Ending. One of the songs that made me wanna see him live in the first place. It must of sounded beautiful. (any youtube footage..anyone?). I was getting slightly irritated by hearing that song 'screamed', and loosing its sentimemt. Nice touch there Mika. ( perhaps Mark Ronson offered him a few tips there with the orchestral arrangements..haha:mf_rosetinted: )

Thanks again for sharing!

yeah i agree, people qued from 9am for them shows , a sudden attack of deja vu is coming on with autographs and pix not being allowd. :cool::thumbdown:

I dont get it .. Ive glanced through the whole thread and ... well surely more could of been done!!!

Poeple have travelled TWICE to see these concerts :boxed:

Ive thought this for a while , the first gig I went to there maybe 5 people now its 100's ....

As he becomes huge maybe he should stopl this , I really think it builds peoples hopes up ... , its a standard hes set .....

I dont agree with saving his voice , John could of said that and he still could have had pictures and signed

Ill say it again .. the original gigs were cancelled .. you would of thought something nice or different would of been put on :thumb_yello:

see,just one reason why I'm glad I didn't come :naughty:

i'm not being mean,but in the UK,everything is outta control,u gotta queue for 12 hrs to hopefully get front row

And after the show there are 100 people waiting for him

I can understand why that can become a problem...u can't possibly make evary one of those 100 happy

Tho the meet last night was crappy

I still like the smaller gigs way better ..thus,no Paris :roftl: :roftl:

In a rush to go to work...but thank you for your reports (Caz, sariflor, babspanky, carrie...gosh who else am I forgetting?)

Babs - Kata's episode with John is hilarious! Good for her! Christine should have thought of showing him her airplane ticket receipt.... :naughty:

Freddie - I had high hopes for this group to get a meet and greet. I would have been quite sad had I gone this time.

As others have pointed out, it's already been "out" and performed for too long to really go on the album. I bet Mika wants his album to be fresh and with a real element of surprise (watch how he refuses to say anything concrete about its sound in interviews!), and so he wouldn't want a song that people have been hearing since spring 2007 on it.

--Jack

Good point. B-side would definietely be better than no release at all.

On a different note. I think you commented on Mika's black trousers with the green thingies on the side? I don't like them either. Though I love the jackets! The sun on the black one is just gorgeous! :wub2:

However, is it just me, or does Mika's jacket sleeves often seem to be a bit on the short side? :blink:

Oh my goodness, Kata is amazing! Ha!

(So is John. That was nice of him!)

Sucks about the people butting in line and getting to first row without queuing. :thumbdown: That really isn't fair to the people who have waited outside all day.

Blue eyes, those really are some of the best concert photos I've seen in months--they show so much, and really set the mood! I love them!

--Jack

--Jack

I already quoted this once but something was ticking away at the back of my mind and only just made itself known.... Why would he put HMDYLM on the album but not Holy Johnny? Hasn't HMDYLM been around for a while as well?

I already quoted this once but something was ticking away at the back of my mind and only just made itself known.... Why would he put HMDYLM on the album but not Holy Johnny? Hasn't HMDYLM been around for a while as well?

Yes, but not nearly so long. :thumb_yello:

By the way, about his jacket sleeves... a lot of people have remarked that they seem too short, but I think Mika's doing it on purpose. He seems to be going for a layered look, and I think he likes that the shorter sleeves show off the shirt cuffs.

--Jack

meet and greet was a shambles.

I went over to the right side and ended up speaking to Aurelian (spelling?) and these two guys who I have convinced to sign up on here :biggrin2: (it didnt take long lol)

we were waiting for ages but we saw saranayde. one of the guys told her that was was stunning lol and that he really liked her performance. she was really grateful and said it was nice to finally be home!

Saw John again (when i first saw him at the beginning i thought he was rude as well, coz me and vix said hi and merely grunted!) and told everyone to queue up on our side. he said we werent allowed to have pix or autographs which i was gutted at, cos like, i've been a fan of Mika's for well over a year and SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE HAD THE PRIVILEGE TO MEET HIM. I havent - i barely have the time and transportation to go Concert Hopping, AND I won his feckin MySpace comp, but i thought "so long as i can get to talk to him, possibly even a hug, then thats great!!!"

then this van came round with Mika and Andy in. I think Andy was filming Mika but Mika had his back to us. Mika got out on the other side so we went to see him but kept getting told to get back! everyone was pushing and shoving and i barely saw a glimpse. couldnt get a picture, couldnt even say hello.

Aww.. I feel so sad after reading this!!! srry for you! :tears:

it kindda reminds me of myself and how i havent had chance to be in a show yet!! after like 8 months...i dont think i'm ever gonna meet him...! :tears: