Possible Life In Cartoon Motion plagiarism?

When Mika was in Australia, Mouselle gave him a bag she had made that had Billy Brown on it. Whilst he was very appreciative, he was very quick to make sure she wasn't planning on making them to sell or anything, because the images are copyrighted. But I'm not sure if that only applies to the characters that he and Yasmine created or to the whole look...

So, is there anybody on here who's a myspace friend of Yasmine? Maybe that would be another way of getting the information across...

I was, but she deleted her myspace.

When I first saw it in a magazine I was like WTF? They copied LICM!! And I got really angry, plus I HATE Patito Feo! :thumbdown:

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When Mika was in Australia, Mouselle gave him a bag she had made that had Billy Brown on it. Whilst he was very appreciative, he was very quick to make sure she wasn't planning on making them to sell or anything, because the images are copyrighted. But I'm not sure if that only applies to the characters that he and Yasmine created or to the whole look...

So, is there anybody on here who's a myspace friend of Yasmine? Maybe that would be another way of getting the information across...

so, whould mika get mad if we decked out some clothes that were from pics of LICM???? cuz i was totally gonna do some things, but only 4 myself

so, whould mika get mad if we decked out some clothes that were from pics of LICM???? cuz i was totally gonna do some things, but only 4 myself

Did you ever see Sivan's LICM outfit that she wore to at least one of the American gigs in Feb? Think it was LA, but can't quite remember. Mika saw it and thought it was great. He wasn't upset with her or anything. But I imagine if she started selling them it might be a different story..

I am pretty sure that in the past 12 hours or so Mika has been bombarded with messages from his caring fans all over the world:wink2:.

We probably don't need to do anything more, just leave it with him. His team will deal with it. Or not, as they choose.

We can just express our outrage here to each other. The piano, with the mistaken pattern of black and white keys makes it so VERY obvious, as Mika's piano has an irregular key pattern too. But the arrows, the clouds, the records, the zigzags, the flowers. It's not like they took one element of Mika's and used it, it is the overall image they have used.

I just cannot imagine they were given permission. :mf_rosetinted:

I've PM'd Freddie and I sent a message to Mika's myspace in the hope that someone will read it. Now we just gotta play sitting ducks. Which happens to be our favourite game, eh? :mf_rosetinted:

Yeh Ive sent it to his whole team , Im sure they will be aware of it

Any updates and replies I will a tell you :thumb_yello:

As Blue Sky said ... they will act or they wont

Looks mighty similar mind ya I must say

Thanks Fred.

They must take action, surely? I mean, it's not just THEIR stuff they've copied, they've stolen from other people too. It's not JUST about Mika...I mean, the coloured lines and the swirls can be used in almost anything....but when you have identical clouds, same small, stout yellow arrows and a flippin' CARDBOARD piano you know something dodgy has happened!!!

i'm sorry i have to say this but i think they can get away with this because it's not an exact copy. they have used mika's style and that's legal to use as long the image is different at at least 5 points . and unfortunally it is.

i know this because i've asked my lawyer when i started making mika dresses etc.you are allowed to copy things exactly as long as you make it for yourself and don't sell it or give it away.

Thanks Fred.

They must take action, surely? I mean, it's not just THEIR stuff they've copied, they've stolen from other people too. It's not JUST about Mika...I mean, the coloured lines and the swirls can be used in almost anything....but when you have identical clouds, same small, stout yellow arrows and a flippin' CARDBOARD piano you know something dodgy has happened!!!

And the weird keys on the piano :fisch: That's a very specific similiarity :thumbdown: Silly mooses

I personally don't know but i think it may be ok as long as it's just for yourself & you're not planning on selling then I think it should be ok?

Yes, it should be okay if it's for your own personal use. Like if you wanted to make a poster for your room you could do that, heck make wall paper if you want to. Fans are always going to create things that have to do with with their favorite artists, bands, actors etc. It just becomes bad if they start selling stuff to make a profit off of it because that's making a profit off of something else that someone put their hard work into.

i'm sorry i have to say this but i think they can get away with this because it's not an exact copy. they have used mika's style and that's legal to use as long the image is different at at least 5 points . and unfortunally it is.

i know this because i've asked my lawyer when i started making mika dresses etc.you are allowed to copy things exactly as long as you make it for yourself and don't sell it or give it away.

But it's on a CD. It's part of a SOAP in Argentina. They're SELLING it!

yes but you must read what i wrote above that part , it's not completely the same so they can do this

But there ARE five things exactly the same....the black records, the yellow arrows, the white diagonal clouds, the cloud that's blue, white and cardboard, and of course...the piano. If they can get back at that Belgium woman who copyrighted the name Mika in Mica's year of birth then they can do something about this, surely?!

Jerry responded straight away team

"Thank you for this David."

I told him it was the MFC not me

Thanks everyone , the fact that he replied so quick shows its an issue :thumb_yello:

WOOT. Being official has one perk - we have contacts! :thumb_yello: Oh yeeaaaah.

(shame their quick response doesn't quite work on another matter :fisch:)

Jerry responded straight away team

"Thank you for this David."

I told him it was the MFC not me

Thanks everyone , the fact that he replied so quick shows its an issue :thumb_yello:

Hell yeaaaaaah:glasses2:

I hope they sue some butt:punk: