Mika: My Second Album is Done, Showbiz Spy

http://www.showbizspy.com/05312008/mika-my-second-album-is-done

Mika: 'My Second Album is Done'

By Adam Nutburn, 31st May 2008

Mika has finished his second album.

The singer, whose debut album Life In Cartoon Motion was released in February 2007, now plans to spend the rest of 2008 making the difficult second album sound just right.

He says, "The album is done. It’s probably not going to be out this year, but maybe – it’s a fun record."

The Lebanese-born singer, 24, was last week named Songwriter Of The Year at the prestigious Ivor Novello awards.

Mika's debut single, Grace Kelly, reached number one in the UK singles charts when it was released in January 2007. He was later awarded the BRIT Award for Best British Breakthrough Artist.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's rubbish. It's a direct contradiction of what he's been saying up until earlier this week. If he were to say "The album is done." that would mean it's been recorded, mixed, etc. No way.

I think it's rubbish. It's a direct contradiction of what he's been saying up until earlier this week. If he were to say "The album is done." that would mean it's been recorded, mixed, etc. No way.

he said he had 3 songs done a while ago- yeah? How would he have gotten so many others so quickly..

Hmmn...

Maybe they just molded his words to sound like something else, but we'll see! If he is done, he wrote those songs preeety fast :huh: And the artwork has been thought up of pretty quickly..

Since Mika is a perfectionist, I would think he would take more time with things to make them the way he feels they should be...

thanks for postin!

I personally won't believe any news on the new album, until I see a video of Mika saying the words.

Every bit of "news" that is coming out on this seems from unreliable sources, and contradict the others to a certain extent...But the funniest part of it all, is that only the other day I was listening to an old interview (BBC I think, I'll see if I can find it again) where he said that he was "half way through writing the second album".

And that was around march-april 07! :roftl:

So I say let's take everything with a pinch of salt:naughty: Who knows......I think I am going :insane:

I personally won't believe any news on the new album, until I see a video of Mika saying the words.

Every bit of "news" that is coming out on this seems from unreliable sources, and contradict the others to a certain extent...But the funniest part of it all, is that only the other day I was listening to an old interview (BBC I think, I'll see if I can find it again) where he said that he was "half way through writing the second album".

And that was around march-april 07! :roftl:

So I say let's take everything with a pinch of salt:naughty: Who knows......I think I am going :insane:

true, but Mika's mind probably keeps changing just like it may have done with LiCM (he never imagined Big Girls on the first album, for example, and never wrote Grace Kelly as a hit single) so maybe we just shouldn't trust him either until the second album is on the shelf :roftl: :roftl:

Well, at least we all know he is working on it. That's the most important thing. And it wil be released at the end of this year, or next year.

Of course they have to make the sounds better and stuff....

I don't care if it's done or not yet,(we won't get the songs only if it its released) but it will be done properly,he is working on it and we are all really happy right?

It's the showbiz, but at least they are writing about him. :)

I agree sariflor. I hardly trust it even out of Mika's mouth...unless he says it to you or Rose!!

Unfortunately, I think that this was a once off...:naughty: I don't think he'll be having nice little chats with us anymore. Sigh.

Like some others have said, I guess that the only safe guess here will be....we will know once the record is in the shop! :thumb_yello:

In the meantime, he can get working on that Royal Albert Hall gig....Go on Mika!! You know you want to!

He's just playing with the media.

The Daily Star interview, which I think all the others got their "quote" from, was done at the Ivor Novello awards, and he says he's done.

Same awards, interview with R1, he said he's 1/3rd of the way through writing and demoing!

I think he enjoys playing games with the media, keeping them guessing. He really knows how to play them, which is very funny. Keeps them on their toes.

This is bull... So like 2 weeks ago he had 3 songs done, and now the whole album is finished? What is he superman? :mf_rosetinted:

No, he's better than that. He's Mikaman:mf_rosetinted:

Well, at least we all know he is working on it. That's the most important thing. And it wil be released at the end of this year, or next year.

Of course they have to make the sounds better and stuff....

I don't care if it's done or not yet,(we won't get the songs only if it its released) but it will be done properly,he is working on it and we are all really happy right?

It's the showbiz, but at least they are writing about him. :)

Yeah. We will have to wait til next year anyway:naughty:

At least we know he's working on it, and isn't wasting his time (I hope)