Introducing Mr. David Whitmey, Mika's new keyboard player

Fmbm

One day back in november, a great philosopher said to me:

"Change is good, you always need change"

I think we fans tend to forget that Mika's shows are bound to change, sometimes we'll like the new things or people, sometimes we won't. Period.

And I can foresee a real drama when he tours with his new album and everything's totally different :fisch:

The point being, not that we are averse to change, or that we think that Mika doesn't have the right to choose his own musicians, but the manner in which it was done. As you know Niki, this wasn't just as simple as Mika evolving his show.

Typically it does not bother me when Mika changes things. His hair can be curly or straight, I don't much care what he wears, new music is interesting. My attitude and that of people like Sariflor isn't about change, as you already know.

if you odnt like David please leave :original: Because I like him and have the right to stand up for him, and well if you dont want to take my poo i wont take yours :)

You would have an empty thread because nobody isn't really bothered by his greatness

And because I and many took 'poo' from too many,for too long,you can take a bit ouf our supposed one too :biggrin2:

Freedom of speech my friend :wink2:

*wanders in and finds herself in the middle of a "discussion"*

Freedom of speech my friend :wink2:

Now, that's a bloody crock, right there. The MFC does not have complete freedom of speech. Shall we bring up the politics thread or IRM arguments for reference?:naughty:

I don't think anyone's trying to tell you to love Mr. W because he's cute or hot. I don't think they're even trying to shut you up. I think that they were trying to keep the peace on the forum. Obviously, we've got very different opinions on this guy, but if you're going to attack him, perhaps the MFC, or at the very least, the man's own thread, is not the place to do it?

You might not like him, but there are people who do. We've established that they don't want to deal with your poo, you don't want to deal with theirs, so instead of slinging some more around, how about we get out of the sh*t analogies and get on with our lives?:flowers2:

The point being, not that we are averse to change, or that we think that Mika doesn't have the right to choose his own musicians, but the manner in which it was done. As you know Niki, this wasn't just as simple as Mika evolving his show.

Typically it does not bother me when Mika changes things. His hair can be curly or straight, I don't much care what he wears, new music is interesting. My attitude and that of people like Sariflor isn't about change, as you already know.

I know what started this, Babs, but it makes me grin when I see the arguments which are brought up now like "David can't play music", "HE (not Mika, nor the person in charge of the arrangements) but HE decided to change 3 notes in the Relax intro, blasphemy!", "Luke can play this and that instrument", "Luke is hotter" blabla... This is turning into some "My dad is stronger than your dad" argument at primary school :naughty:

When people complain about things which are being said in particular threads, you girls usually go "hey, if you don't like it, don't read this thread". Well i'd say the same is true here... if you don't like David, don't post in his thread, go bash him in another. Even better, tell it to his face... did anyone tell him all this to his face in Paris? Not that I remember... he wasn't hard to get closed to tho.

And before any further misunderstanding... I'm saying all this as a member, not as a mod. I'm not on David's side nor on Luke's, it has nothing to do with what I think of them as persons. I'm just questionning the principle. And yes, I do like Luke, I think I defended him when he was sacked, and I also kinda helped him out last time he f*cked up :naughty: So I won't take any ****ty argument like "uh uh you're reacting because you fancy David" , it's not the case at all.

Now, that's a bloody crock, right there. The MFC does not have complete freedom of speech. Shall we bring up the politics thread or IRM arguments for reference?:naughty:

I don't think anyone's trying to tell you to love Mr. W because he's cute or hot. I don't think they're even trying to shut you up. I think that they were trying to keep the peace on the forum. Obviously, we've got very different opinions on this guy, but if you're going to attack him, perhaps the MFC, or at the very least, the man's own thread, is not the place to do it?

You might not like him, but there are people who do. We've established that they don't want to deal with your poo, you don't want to deal with theirs, so instead of slinging some more around, how about we get out of the sh*t analogies and get on with our lives?:flowers2:

you can't find complete freedom of speech anywhere and having threads about how mika isn't perfect is a nice start.

I was told to leave and I will not accept that,simple as that. 20 people have a similar opinion,and one comes along telling them to leave.I'm not gonna take that,just for the idea of it

It's not about keeping peace because there was no argument in this thread as far as I've read for at least the last 4 pages.

I attacked him? How? By stating he screwed up in Amsterdam and that I don't see how he is hot? I am entitled to an opinion and I am entitled to talking about what I've seen and heard. He screwed up,I'm just writing it down

Not that it has anything to do with anything, and I am NOT saying this out of spite or so, but I really, really, REALLY don't find David hot.

At all.

And I mean zilch, cold, nothing. Not my cup of tea.

Does him being hot matters anyway?

if you odnt like David please leave :original: Because I like him and have the right to stand up for him, and well if you dont want to take my poo i wont take yours :)

:thumb_yello:

Good to see that some people still have a life, though

I don't like David and I'll stay

Blimey, there are days I don't like Mika all that much and I log in anyway...

Nick Carter was the first thing that popped up in my mind, when I saw him. To anyone who didn't see that, watch his "backing vocal" performance during 'Rain'. Oh, the dramatic expressiveness... :lmfao:... but clear, if you tend to hit the wrong notes, you have to make up for it elsewhere. The power of distraction.

Yeah, that was a bit annoying, and his voice was too loud

I know what started this, Babs, but it makes me grin when I see the arguments which are brought up now like "David can't play music", "HE (not Mika, nor the person in charge of the arrangements) but HE decided to change 3 notes in the Relax intro, blasphemy!", "Luke can play this and that instrument", "Luke is hotter" blabla... This is turning into some "My dad is stronger than your dad" argument at primary school :naughty:

When people complain about things which are being said in particular threads, you girls usually go "hey, if you don't like it, don't read this thread". Well i'd say the same is true here... if you don't like David, don't post in his thread, go bash him in another. Even better, tell it to his face... did anyone tell him all this to his face in Paris? Not that I remember... he wasn't hard to get closed to tho.

And before any further misunderstanding... I'm saying all this as a member, not as a mod. I'm not on David's side nor on Luke's, it has nothing to do with what I think of them as persons. I'm just questionning the principle. And yes, I do like Luke, I think I defended him when he was sacked, and I also kinda helped him out last time he f*cked up :naughty: So I won't take any ****ty argument like "uh uh you're reacting because you fancy David" , it's not the case at all.

I completely agree with you, you wrote down how I feel exactly:naughty:

As long as I can make it clear that I don't use these arguments.

As for not saying it to David's face in Paris, you may not recall, but I said nothing to any band members' face or to Mika's face come to that, as I didn't speak to any of them, I didn't, in fact, see them after the gig.

And we can get into the circular argument of if you don't like it, don't read this thread. :bleh:

you do?:shocked:

if youcan play keybords too mika should hire you!

you have so many functions like his to-fu doll:roftl:

I play keyboard, trumpet and guitar as well - no stairs coming

out of this girls stomach though!! :roftl:

I play keyboard, trumpet and guitar as well - no stairs coming

out of this girls stomach though!! :roftl:

no stairs?:shocked:

hmph!:thumbdown:

:bleh:

wow!

really impressive!!!

i can only play chess.:lmfao:

Does him being hot matters anyway?

:thumb_yello:

Yeah, that was a bit annoying, and his voice was too loud

I completely agree with you, you wrote down how I feel exactly:naughty:

:wink2: No, of course it doesn't matter at all.

I just commented on it because some seemed to be focusing on it, mentioning his "hotness" a lot, and even swearing undying love to him based on that, so I found it relevant to give my take on it :naughty:. I comment on everything, you see:roftl:.

you can't find complete freedom of speech anywhere and having threads about how mika isn't perfect is a nice start.

I was told to leave and I will not accept that,simple as that. 20 people have a similar opinion,and one comes along telling them to leave.I'm not gonna take that,just for the idea of it

It's not about keeping peace because there was no argument in this thread as far as I've read for at least the last 4 pages.

I attacked him? How? By stating he screwed up in Amsterdam and that I don't see how he is hot? I am entitled to an opinion and I am entitled to talking about what I've seen and heard. He screwed up,I'm just writing it down

We've established that ages ago. And everytime we drift away from it, there's always an apple or an aussie to bring us back down to earth.:bleh:

20 people having the same opinion does not meant they have the right to disregard someone who doesn't share that opinion. I believe you were asked to leave, not told, but I suppose that's beside the point. Obviously, nobody can make you leave without your consent. That fact was never questioned. M4L13 could have expressed her opinion in a different way, but the fact remains the same: She disagrees with you. Vehemently, in fact. She's entitled to her opinion just as you're entitled to yours.

Yeah, he screwed up. Everybody does, from time to time. Now, I know I can't make assumptions about someone I've never met, and have barely talked to online, but I sincerely doubt that if it had been Mika who'd made a mistake, it would have bothered you nearly as much. He would have shrugged adorably or made some sort of self-deprecating joke and we'd all have a good laugh and move on, instead of focusing on that as a reason for our gig experience to be anything less than we had hoped.

My post was written to avoid any arguments before they started, hence the peace comment. When it gets to the point where a mod is practically ignored and members are telling each other to "deal with poo", an argument isn't far off. Perhaps you disagree, and that's fine, but that's my opinion.

Haha, I think if Mika made a mistake Ioana would act the same way honestly. She is one of the rare people who see Mika as human and not a god. I just think that we definietly have the power to express oppinions, but if M doesnt like us complaining about David here, I understand it. We should do it in the Luke thread? or somewhere else.

There wasn't much actual complaining without reason going on. I think everyone was able to rationally explain their opinion without saying something like, "I hate him because he isn't Luke."

If there ever was something like that going on, someone would probably tell you to take it to PM or MSN. I can't speak for M, but as long as you are respectful of other people's opinions, I think you could probably talk wherever you wanted to.

if M doesnt like us complaining about David here, I understand it. We should do it in the Luke thread? or somewhere else.

or he could just go himself ya kno? :mf_rosetinted: hey Hitme?! because of you LT when Martin has to go behind drumms- then LT is just rubbish.... cuz the guy can't play guitar as good as Martin... so... you ruined it.. Luke could play guitar just fine! :mf_rosetinted:

or he could just go himself ya kno? :mf_rosetinted: hey Hitme?! because of you LT when Martin has to go behind drumms- then LT is just rubbish.... cuz the guy can't play guitar as good as Martin... so... you ruined it.. Luke could play guitar just fine! :mf_rosetinted:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Now I remember why I love you Meg.

:wink2: No, of course it doesn't matter at all.

I just commented on it because some seemed to be focusing on it, mentioning his "hotness" a lot, and even swearing undying love to him based on that, so I found it relevant to give my take on it :naughty:. I comment on everything, you see:roftl:.

and no, i'm not shallow, thank you. I just like his presence, he gives me good vibes, and i dont think anyone deserves to be bashed for the record, so standing up for him, i would as i would anyone being unrrightfully bashed.