Go to MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 4)

Fmbm

I don't think our table - in English - is masculine or

feminine - its just wooden!! :roftl:

This is why English is the winner for me. Wooden makes perfect sense. :roftl:

The funny thing about German, if someone speaks it slowly, I can understand the words - as many of the vocab is similar to English... but if I read the same words with all these extra consonants that are not pronounced the way am used to... it just looks gibberish :shocked:

:roftl:

Having studied French for quite some years at school and also for a bit at Uni, I find it easier to pick up the sense of Spanish or Italian sentences, when I read them, then when I listen to someone speaking. I guess that is due to differences in pronounciation as well as the fact that all those native speakers of romance languages tend to talk a lot faster than anyone having German or English as mothertongue. At least that's how I perceive it. Also funny that there are facets in each language that are simply not or at least hardly accessible if it's not your mothertongue. I remember a lesson in French phonetics at Uni when the lecturer tried to introduce the difference between various sounds for the perfect pronounciation. :roftl: Most of the time the students just looked at each other, puzzled, because we couldn't figure out a difference, as we didn't hear it. To our ears, used to German mostly, many of those examples sounded absolutely identical. The poor woman in front looked a bit desperate in the end, as she could not really get her point across. Being French, she didn't see how one could not notice the difference.

Haha, yes, it was funny!! I still think that it makes sense that it's femenince :roftl:. I mean- it's clearly a "la" !!

May I add, we were having these chats while watching the storm outside, and wondering how on earth some people were actually sitting there in a "queue", LOL!

Much much prefered our chats.

So did I :wub2:

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, let's get this straight, cause it's one of my bugbears with Mika: he has NOT lived in many different places.

He's lived in TWO different places.

Lebanon doesn't count because he was a baby when he left, so that leaves Paris and London.

Many other people (me included) have had to move around a WHOLE lot more, so it kind of annoys me when these things are played up, and he does it a lot.

I had lived in 5 different cities and 3 different countries by the age of 10, ad continued to move later on.

Now THAT is the type of movement that makes you loose your roots, your attachments, not keep friends, etc, and is not like just going from Paris to London at the age of 8 or 9.:wink2:

I've had to adapt and adapt and adapt, and make new friends all the time.

Never was in the same school for longer than 3 years thoughout my entire schooling til I went to Uni.

It was a great experience, but also quite hard, and it bugs me when people who have not had to go through that experience make it out like they have.

Anyway sorry for the outburst but I had to pick up on it.

Totally agree.:thumb_yello:.

I haven't moved that much. But I've lived in another country twice. I don't think it was as hard as it was for you, but it wasn't easy either.

in turkish all furnitures are gay.

also machines are transexual.

but they don't like to discuss their private life:no:

because it's private:bleh:

hey as we are totally off topic i have a question!

what does it mean to have an earring on the left ear or right?

which one means you're gay?

Omg, all my classmates are gay !!:lol3:.

Some of them have earrings on both ears.:naughty:.

And the others have earrings but only on one ear.

Mika, if in the remote possibility that you may be reading this, if you were to put a vlog on today, I would be very grateful, as I'll have access to a computer later.

Thank you.

Me neither. Okay, gimme that ouzy.

Mika est pulcher.

He is! Pulchrissimus:wub2:

You people do know that if you go to "thread tools" at the top of this luuuurvely thread and click on "subscribe to this thread", you are subscribed without having to write a *subscribing* post in it?

Yes:mf_rosetinted:

No..

I also love how he makes the effort to speak all the languages wherever he goes. And I think that his dutch sometimes sounds like afrikaans, and others like flemish .

Mika's spanish is ok, but he's hardly fluent. For the record, even though his french has gotten A LOT better since last year, I wouldn't consider him fluent in French either....

Yeah it does. It sounded really well though.

Oh and I also love dutch- although I lost my fluency a while back I still love the language, and speaking a bit when I get the chance and feel brave enough.

I guess I can't comment on how hard or easy it is to learn as a foreigner though, as I learned it when I was 4 or 5 so it's a lot easier then.

:roftl: I wouldn't know. I can't speak French very well myself, so for me everyone who can speak it a bit normal, is smart to me

Wow, you could speak Dutch?:shocked:Next time you come to Holland I'm soooo gonna let you say some Dutch words:mf_rosetinted:

I wish so much somebody had recorded that bit of footage last year in spring when he sang Schubert's trout song on TV and felt so embarrassed.

Aaw bummer. I so would have wanted to see that!

just found this comment on youtube

kflannelly (2 weeks ago)

"I heard that the album's probably coming out in December, and that the title has something to do with fish..."

:

Fish?:lmfao:Bhahahahaha

Loooooooooooooooool:roftl:I love your discussions.

Btw, it's feminine in French, and I know it is in Italian also. German, you LOOSE!lool

In Dutch you don't have problems with the gender of words.

Haha, i think it's the right ear here (the gay piercing)

and...

words in spanish have gender

and...

I liked the Beagle socks!! :naughty:

I know the button 'Suscribes to this thread'...but this way is more interesting

I can't speak Dutch, and I'm scared of long German words. I remeber the day in he language thread that I copied instructions from a hair dryer brochure in some languages I found unknown :roftl: It was...Swedish, Polish and Turkish!

Or the day I was upset that they started to speak German and hebrew (in the Knitting I guess), so I copied and paste a lot of random words...Rebeka asked me, "Girl, do you know what you are writing here??" :floor:

Those are my kind of memories... One day I'll be able to tell you how is a gig here! (it will be terrible , Es.teban told me that queues in Europe are real queues, not the mess they're here, haha)

He is! Pulchrissimus:wub2:

:roftl: I wouldn't know. I can't speak French very well myself, so for me everyone who can speak it a bit normal, is smart to me

Is that a magic word ?:naughty:

I can not speak it either and I have been studying it at school for 7 years :bleh: but I understand it if someone speaks it or when I hear it :naughty: