Quotes about MIKA from normal (and not-so-normal) people

racinghorse83

"he hasnt said anything yet":sneaky2:

I say that too:lol3:

"Is this a list of all the sad people who like Mika then?" Matthew ' date='after he looked at a printout from the MFC.

"HE'S GAYYY!!!" One of my friends, Adam.(Adam H)

*looks at picture and pulls face*:Tom

"He's gay." Adam again.

"Mika is NOT gay, Mika is straight!" This is another friend who likes Mika, who is also called Adam.(Adam T) I printed the printout out for him to look at.

This was after Adam H and another male friend were following me and making up chants from everything I said.I said "Mika" and they started going "Mika,Mika,Mika is gay" and I told them to go and say that to Adam.(Adam is convinced he's straight,I think it was 'cos he read something.Which probably isn't true.)

"I hate him, he's too commercial." Katie and Lauren,I think(Then I asked them whether they liked Chico,and they said he was brilliant:sneaky2:)

"You do know he's not going to be your boyfriend,don't you?" ---Mum

(Yes he is going to be my boyfriend.That 11-year age gap, Catholicism (Most of my family are atheist) and a tendency to leave him-related stuff alone won't matter at all.:glasses2:)

"oooOOOoooo" My dad hooting at my computer because I just got off it to go and have tea, and that Manchester Evening News interview was on the screen. (I can't remember whether his picture was on the screen though.)

"You're his favourite stalker!" Adam H([i']again[/i])

Well at least he said something nice.:naughty:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad before he went to the concert with us: He's a stupid fag. I hate him. It's aweful.

(Oh, and he imitates him a lot too, in a bad way)

My dad after the gig: Wow. I must say I'm impressed. REALLY impressed.

My mom in the beginning, when she heard a few songs, and didn't know much about him: He sounds like a cat stuck between the door.

My mom a few months later, everytime he comes on: AAAH ITS MIKA:wub2:

My mom again: Mika is so hot:wub2:

My grandma after hearing Relax: Wow, thats a happy song isnt it? I like it!

My grandma when she saw him: He could clean himself better. And he looks like a poodle.

"We laughed at him the other day. He miaows like a cat." - My older sister told what she had done with my little sister. :thumbdown:

"Aha. He's rather good!" - My brother after a lecture by me on a flight from London, when I had seen Mika for the third time. :mf_rosetinted: He hadn't really told what his opinion was until he saw how much I like Mika.

"Palladium?! I took my daughter to see Mika and they were the support band." "Six times, wow!" - A male member of the cabin crew when I flew back from the UK in May. I had gone to see Palladium in Leicester and I held my precious CD that is signed by all the band members. Of course I had to tell him that I have seen Mika six times. :mf_rosetinted:

"Six times..." *rolls eyes smiling at the same time* - A work mate. All people seem to be surprised by that fact. :mf_rosetinted:

"Is he Finnish?" - An another work mate.

My farther constantly asks when I'm going to see Mika again. I think he wants to go with me. :naughty: And my mother has also said that Mika's concerts seem like a lot of fun and she would like to see him.

"Is he the King of the Sun?" - My little sister about my Mika doll who's got a golden halo above his head. I told her he's an angel. :mf_rosetinted:

"We think we saw his brother on tube. He was swaying to his music. A cute boy like Mika. He looked very much like Mika." - My mom in London in December. :shocked:

(when watching mika sing 'Grace Kelly' on jools holland's new year hootenanny 07)

me: 'wasn't he brilliant?'

my dad: 'i dunno, i couldn't understand a bloody word of that!'

(when watching the LICM DVD, Mika dancing about during 'i want you back')

my mum: 'so is he gay or not then?'

me: 'how do i know!' (we both watch him dancing about)

my mum: 'yep, he's gay!'

(when i sent my older 'mika-hating' sister a pic of him)

my older sis: 'my god! i hate his voice but if that's what he looks like then i'm definitely a fan!'

(when my english teacher saw my 'mika' wallpaper on my laptop)

teacher: 'bloody hell! who's he? he's absolutely gorgeous!'

heehee:roftl: lovin this thread L2a ruby xxx :-D

I always think the things that sometimes get him classed as camp- the pink, the squeeling, the giggling, gushing- come from a desire for childlikeness.

I've made this argument about his looks. A lot of fans talked about his feminine looks, especially early on in his career. I think his appearance is childlike, not feminine, especially his facial features like his big eyes and long eyelashes. They are proportions you'd see on a 3-year-old boy, not a grown woman.

I think that's why he appeals to older women so much and even though we think he's f*cking beautiful (see BlueSky's quote :naughty:) it's still mostly a maternal impulse and not lust.

But you have to understand, THIS is camp:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0l8WtDFF4uQ

Yeah Mika's got nothing on that! :roftl:

:lmao:

I bet that was Mika who said it.:naughty:

Actually I believe it was me! :bleh:

(when i sent my older 'mika-hating' sister a pic of him)

my older sis: 'my god! i hate his voice but if that's what he looks like then i'm definitely a fan!'

(when my english teacher saw my 'mika' wallpaper on my laptop)

teacher: 'bloody hell! who's he? he's absolutely gorgeous!'

heehee:roftl: lovin this thread L2a ruby xxx :-D

:roftl::roftl:

"Would you eat like that if the Queen came to dinner?" -my sister

"What, you mean Mika?"- my mum (:naughty:admittedly it was quite funny.)

"Braces? Isn't that what old men wear?"- My friend Lily

"I think you're going to be Mika when you grow up!"- Lily

"Shut up about f*cking lollipops! Stop trying to be a mika"- my friend sophie

"Oh no. Not him. I can't be doing with HIM." - girl in my class (note how i didn't put 'friend' after that comment!)

"You can't beat a bit of Mika!"- my auntie

Girl in class looking in my agenda, finding a Mika pic: Is that...MIKA?

Me: Yep.

Girl: He's gay!

Me: Perhaps yeah..what's the point?

Another girl hearing it: He's gaaaay!

Me, quite annoyed because 2 people were wasting my time: So what? Maybe he is. What's wrong with being gay?

Girl: Gay's are dirty!

And after that I got mad and told them their reaction was quite pathetic and narrowminded too.

I get that alot! (mainly from my mum :blink: Thanks mum, you're so nice to your children)

My brother calls me that because my first crush ever was Neil Patrick Harris, then Lance Bass, and both of them are gay. Plus, he says Mika is. But when that girl called me that I just acted confused so she would leave me alone, and she did. :naughty: