Mika Collaborates with Imogen Heap on New Album

dcdeb

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't realize a lot of her songs are featured on and/or written for so many television shows and films.

Her sound is quite calming and very different, its starting to grow on me.

Bet MIKA watched the O.C. too!..

that's where I heard of her! :blush-anim-cl: ...I am sad I know but I loved that programme! All the others just don't compare.

Would like to hear the tune tho as they are two very individual people in their own right somehow I can't see them singing together but Hey! if Mrs Penniman likes it ....it will be good! :thumb_yello:

xx

It was interesting the way she talked about the writing process though- now that's a topic Mika couldnt' cover too often IMO.

I totally agree with that! But I don't think he's interested in overanalyzing

that himself. Oh well.

I know what you mean - but it's also kinda personal - and as she pointed out,

its the 30th one she has done. It would be nice to have one like this every

month or so - just to keep us up to speed with how the album is going, ideas he is toying with etc - and I loved the fire behind her!! :naughty:

Yes, Wendy -- as I've said before, I'm not an artist, so all the art-related

blogs leave me at a loss. When he talks about writing, or music,

specifically HIS music, then he's talking my language :thumb_yello: A

longer blog covering a variety of ideas every once in a while would be

very appreciated, at least by me. But then again... I guess his

audience is more than just me :naughty:

dcdeb

http://www.arjanwrites.com/arjanwrites/2008/10/video-mika-coll.html

Here's an interesting little tidbit to start your weekend with.

On this new video blog, Imogen Heap reveals that she is working with Mika on a track for his forthcoming new album. "We met at the Ivor Novello Awards this year, and he suggested we might get together and write a song. So we did," says Heap on her new video blog. "He is a very nice guy, very sweet (. . .) We don't know if it will end up on the album, some things change. Apparently, his mum really likes it though."

Watch Immi's video blog for the full scoop. Don't expect new work from Mika until 2009.

:yay: THats so cool :D

I've heard some of Imogens stuff on Jo Whileys show, its interesting.

Would be fascinated to hear the track her and Mika come up with, and nice that his mum likes it too.

I have heard of her name but that's all really, so first I watched her vlog and quite liked how she came across on that, then listened to a couple of her songs on utube, I think I need to hear more before I decide if I like her music or not, but it IS interesting, I like listen to new things I have not heard before.

I found her vlog quite interesting too, it felt like she was just having a chat with me lol.

I totally agree with that! But I don't think he's interested in overanalyzing

that himself. Oh well.

Yes, Wendy -- as I've said before, I'm not an artist, so all the art-related

blogs leave me at a loss. When he talks about writing, or music,

specifically HIS music, then he's talking my language :thumb_yello: A

longer blog covering a variety of ideas every once in a while would be

very appreciated, at least by me. But then again... I guess his

audience is more than just me :naughty:

dcdeb

More than just you, but Mika's a singer songwriter. Maybe that's a clue to what his fans might like?

Mind, I've just started an MA in what I thought would be the art-free zone of creative writing, and what's our text book- "The Shock of the New" (about modern art). What are we talking about- paintings.

And here am I, so non-visual that I have to hover my mouse over smileys before I have the faintest idea what they mean! I don't get to say much about MIka's blogs.

I think Mika rather likes pontificating about the creative process once the songs are out there- it's just beforehand that he's so private. You notice Imogen Heap says "I'm allowed to talk about it now"? (I'd take that as a bad sign if I was her).

I might listen to some of her other blogs when I get time, if she usually talks about her work. She certainly seems to have a nice life from this one- even if you take the meeting Mika element out of it.

She seems sweet in her blogs, love the bit about pee :roftl:

I know I've heard the Landon Pigg person before. I don't remember if I liked it, but I know I thought the name was unfortunate.

And Rufus Wainright, well well, I know someone else who likes him, hmmmm

I think Mika rather likes pontificating about the creative process once the songs are out there- it's just beforehand that he's so private. You notice Imogen Heap says "I'm allowed to talk about it now"? (I'd take that as a bad sign if I was her).

Hmmm.. interesting point! I didn't think about that!

Wow! That girl can talk!:shocked::roftl:

She comes across as a nice and down to earth girl, though I must say that for me, when it comes to blogging, less is more, hehe.

I'm really loving the fact that Mika is collaborating with interesting artists, not necesarilly the most popular ones.I hate when artists become known and then they do the cliche collaborations to show how many friends in the business they have (Timbaland anyone? It all begins to sound the same after a while)

I remember watching her vblogs after Mika was photographed with her at the Novellos, and then I liked her music so much I bought her album:wub2:, which I was just listening to on Friday, and now I see they have been working together....good choice Mika.... I hope we get to hear it sometime, either through him or her!! (She must have a hard job keeping such secrets...she can almost out-prattle me!!)

• 2 weeks later...