New from Mikasounds

DANI56

just received from Mikasounds....

" Hi all

After the amazing exploits of 2007 with the global success of 'Life In Cartoon Motion', it would have been a real challenge for anyone, let alone MIKA, to attempt to top that during this year. However, despite not releasing any new material this year, there have been some amazing highlights that makes 2008 another MIKA year to remember.

For starters there was that amazing performance that opened this years Brits when MIKA kicked off proceedings with 'Love Today' then segued into a duet wiith Beth Ditto on The Gossip's classic 'Standing In The Way Of Control' and then ended with 'Grace Kelly'. At the end of the day MIKA sealed the previous 12 months by winning the Brits Best Breakthrough Act.

MIKA's main focus this year has been taking his live extravaganza on the road and, in particular, continental Europe when for a few heady weeks MIKA brought his show to various festivals and towns. Probably the most significant being MIKA's first stadium show at the Parc des Princes in Paris on 4 July in front of more than 50,000 people.

MIKA really pulled the stops out for this one pulling in some of the world's top design talent to help create a stunning stage set and bespoke costumes. Add in circus performers including flying clowns, tap dancing astronauts, a 100 foot Chinese Dragon, can-can dancing Big Girls and you create a spectacle that even had the likes of Kanye West nodding their head in admiration.

It was appropriate then that this very special was captured for posterity and released last month as a special live DVD that captured the entire performance including 'Rain', a new song, as well as bonus material.

So with MIKA's attention now firmly fixed towards the next album we bring the year to a close and look ahead to even more exciting times next year. You can keep tabs with MIKA's thoughts and musings via his blog.

In the meantime guys, another year has passed and another year of your tremendous, wonderful support. Thank you so much on behalf of MIKA and everyone here at Mikasounds – we would all like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a fantastic New Year.

Have a good one and thanks again!

Love Mikasounds "

Edited by DANI56

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting Dani! :thumb_yello:

Edit: Haven't received it :naughty: Does one have to be a member of Mikasounds from the early beginning to receive such emails or is it the same newsletter that you get when commenting on the blog? :blink:

Edited by Miro

Thanks for posting :thumb_yello:

How nice they are, wishing us a Merry Christmas :wub2:

Although the rest of the mail makes me think of that scene from 'The Holiday', when Cameron Diaz watches her brilliant new movie trailer. I can't help but imagine that newsletter read by that trailer voice :bleh:

Yes, I'm aware that this probably makes no sense whatsoever out of the context of my head :roftl:

Thanks for posting Dani!

Edit: Does one have to be a member of Mikasounds from the early beginning to receive such emails? :blink: I never get them

Is it the same newsletter that you get when commenting on the blog? (Well I never get those either :naughty: )

I don’t get them either and I have no idea why!

They have my email address and once in a while something pops in but not half of the stuff according to this place what other people get.

But I have stopped to care….:bleh:

Thanks for posting

How nice they are, wishing us a Merry Christmas :wub2:

Although the rest of the mail makes me think of that scene from 'The Holiday', when Cameron Diaz watches her brilliant new movie trailer. I can't help but imagine that newsletter read by that trailer voice :bleh:

Yes, I'm aware that this probably makes no sense whatsoever out of the context of my head :roftl:

Maybe not!

So how did you like that movie, or what I really what like to ask is, how did you like Cameron Diaz performance in it?:wink2:

I don’t get them either and I have no idea why!

They have my email address and once in a while something pops in but not half of the stuff according to this place what other people get.

But I have stopped to care….:bleh:

I know it's really weird!

lol Yeah I guess that's the best thing to do :thumb_yello:

got it yesterday too. it was a sudden surprise to get an email from "mika" on my phone and then I immediately recovered :naughty:

contrary to the usual self celebratory tone, this time I did appreciate the thank you bit, very kind and a tasteful addition. :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I don't want to sound ungrateful, because I do appreciate the news and the thank you, but I really wish that the Mika operation had a more professional look to it.

There are a few punctuation mistakes in this email (as usual) and the whole "feeling" of the writing I find a bit confused and, dare I say, amateurish?

I am now comparing these to the emails that I get for Katy Perry, who is also with Universal, and everything that they send out for her has a far more professional and polished flair to it. It's hard to explain why, but if anyone has compared them both (or possibly other artists' emails) they will probably know what I mean.

Of course I want Mika to be unique and to not be one of the masses of heavily "marketed" artists, but, at the end of the day (note correct usage of this expression :roftl:) this is a marketing operation.

There is a fine line between uniqueness and slopiness, and sometimes I feel that he/they are going down the "homemade" route too much and that this affects how seriously people will take him. Like Mika himself says, packaging is everything, so I wonder why he's not ensuring that his own packaging (so to speak :wink2:) is better.

Anyway, that is my opinion on the emails. As you can seeI always have a lot to say which will not necessarily please others, but hey, it's how I see it.

There is a fine line between uniqueness and slopiness, and sometimes I feel that he/they are going down the "homemade" route too much and that this affects how seriously people will take him. Like Mika himself says, packaging is everything, so I wonder why he's not ensuring that his own packaging (so to speak ) is better.

i totally agree. thanks for explaining it so well :thumb_yello:

i can accept his mispelling in his own blogs...but this IS different!

I agree with the comments about the standard of the email from Mikasounds (though I probably won't receive it for days - seem to take forever to reach me).

Though it's better than that awful intro/write-up that came with the DVD.

I just get the feeling that these things are churned out by people who don't actually care that much about Mika.

just received from Mikasounds....

" Hi all

After the amazing exploits of 2007 with the global success of 'Life In Cartoon Motion', it would have been a real challenge for anyone, let alone MIKA, to attempt to top that during this year. However, despite not releasing any new material this year, there have been some amazing highlights that makes 2008 another MIKA year to remember.

For starters there was that amazing performance that opened this years Brits when MIKA kicked off proceedings with 'Love Today' then segued into a duet wiith Beth Ditto on The Gossip's classic 'Standing In The Way Of Control' and then ended with 'Grace Kelly'. At the end of the day MIKA sealed the previous 12 months by winning the Brits Best Breakthrough Act.

MIKA's main focus this year has been taking his live extravaganza on the road and, in particular, continental Europe when for a few heady weeks MIKA brought his show to various festivals and towns. Probably the most significant being MIKA's first stadium show at the Parc des Princes in Paris on 4 July in front of more than 50,000 people.

MIKA really pulled the stops out for this one pulling in some of the world's top design talent to help create a stunning stage set and bespoke costumes. Add in circus performers including flying clowns, tap dancing astronauts, a 100 foot Chinese Dragon, can-can dancing Big Girls and you create a spectacle that even had the likes of Kanye West nodding their head in admiration.

It was appropriate then that this very special was captured for posterity and released last month as a special live DVD that captured the entire performance including 'Rain', a new song, as well as bonus material.

So with MIKA's attention now firmly fixed towards the next album we bring the year to a close and look ahead to even more exciting times next year. You can keep tabs with MIKA's thoughts and musings via his blog.

In the meantime guys, another year has passed and another year of your tremendous, wonderful support. Thank you so much on behalf of MIKA and everyone here at Mikasounds – we would all like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a fantastic New Year.

Have a good one and thanks again!

Love Mikasounds "

I finally got it… and am taking back all the complaining!.:blush-anim-cl:

Silver and Sariflor, as you know I’m not exactly the right person trying to judge something written in English, but I listen to what you have to say and this is not a good sign how the email is written.

My heart is bleeding for Mika if it really is a fact that the people who are talking in his name doesn’t care so much for him and his image.

I don’t like it. We want him to have a professional and carefully prepared “packaging” it makes a so much more good impression!:thumb_yello:

And btw “slopiness” doesn’t exist in my dictionary; I still don’t know what it is…but I’m good at guessing:wink2:

Try "sloppiness":roftl:

(Sloppy spelling????)

Sloppy means careless or untidy.

I don't want to sound ungrateful, because I do appreciate the news and the thank you, but I really wish that the Mika operation had a more professional look to it.

There are a few punctuation mistakes in this email (as usual) and the whole "feeling" of the writing I find a bit confused and, dare I say, amateurish?

I am now comparing these to the emails that I get for Katy Perry, who is also with Universal, and everything that they send out for her has a far more professional and polished flair to it. It's hard to explain why, but if anyone has compared them both (or possibly other artists' emails) they will probably know what I mean.

Of course I want Mika to be unique and to not be one of the masses of heavily "marketed" artists, but, at the end of the day (note correct usage of this expression :roftl:) this is a marketing operation.

There is a fine line between uniqueness and slopiness, and sometimes I feel that he/they are going down the "homemade" route too much and that this affects how seriously people will take him. Like Mika himself says, packaging is everything, so I wonder why he's not ensuring that his own packaging (so to speak :wink2:) is better.

Anyway, that is my opinion on the emails. As you can seeI always have a lot to say which will not necessarily please others, but hey, it's how I see it.

But I agree entirely with everything you have said Sara. I think it is actually somewhat ridiculous/sloppy that I get 5 emailings of the same email. Don't they have a system that can weed out multiples of the same email address. It seems I get one copy for each time I made a comment on his blog:blink:

Thanks for posting Dani! :thumb_yello:

Edit: Haven't received it :naughty: Does one have to be a member of Mikasounds from the early beginning to receive such emails or is it the same newsletter that you get when commenting on the blog? :blink:

I always get the emails. I got this one okay. I do think Mika and his team do tend to keep on preaching to the converted though. I think he needs a good add campaign to sell his products, especially since he's so worried about the credit crunch. His new album and his proposed art book with his sister, as well as his new DVD, would benefit from some good TV advertising that they never seem to get, and I have said as much to Mika on the comments section of Mikasounds.

I am on Mikasounds but i never received any mail? No matter , in fact , this one seems commercial for me , i feel they want to keep the contact with fans and not let us without a supposed suspense . So we are aware and are waiting for real news ( a tour!!).

This is my opinion.

I love them this way, to be honest if it's any more polished then it's like reading something a computer wrote.

I always love how "homemade" everything to do with Mika is, and I think the e-mails are fine.

And there are mis-spellings?...does it matter? well it doesn't to me(I probably wouldn't find them though:naughty::blush-anim-cl:)

I love his stuff all the more for the randomness, not overy thought out to the point of being cold. I hope it stays carefree and MIKA. :punk:

But you are very right with your points, I do see your point of view too:thumb_yello: