TOY BOY - Lyrics Discussion

Suzy

I figure there are enough people on the forum that there must be someone who agrees with you, so never be afraid to post your opinion. Besides, I have very....odd beliefs and ideas so I doubt you can surprise me :naughty:

exactly, the whole thing depends on soo many things if you really think about it. So no ones opinion can really be wrong. And everyone will twist the song to fit their own life/purposes:thumb_yello:

You're right but sometimes I'm afraid I get not so nice replies if people don't agree with me and I don't like generating confusions:blush-anim-cl:

Haha I like that :roftl:

BOLD: It's just human nature....:naughty:May not be reasonable but we all have to accept we tend to 'lean' that way.

You're right but sometimes I'm afraid I get not so nice replies if people don't agree with me and I don't like generating confusions:blush-anim-cl:

Haha I like that :roftl:

BOLD: It's just human nature....:naughty:May not be reasonable but we all have to accept we tend to 'lean' that way.

even if you don't get good repliesit really doesn't matter too much. I men, these people don't really know you and can't ruin your life. I know what you mean, but if you can be yourself somewhere away from, lets say 'real' people, then how will you ever?

I know I lean, even though I try not to. but i've made MANY mika songs fit my purpose at any given time :naughty:

I agree with you. I have analysed the song for hours and I can't see anything 'gay'.

I think people don't read the lyrics from the very FIRST line to the LAST line, which is extremely important.

I also think the lyrics of this song are way too dark and serious just to label them as 'gay', or 'involving gay'. How lame.

Who's labelling anything as gay? It's a story that, among other things, involves a relationship between two boys. That's not the only thing in there. Are we supposed to ignore it because as soon as we say that there's a gay relationship in a part of a song, that has to make the song "about" gayness?

--Jack

yes, me too! it was my first thought when i heard it. :roftl:

i was just about to say the same thing. it definitely reminds me of that song.

heh, for anybody who hasn't heard the song, here it is.

Its a good song :D they had an amazing video with it, but all I could find with the full original song was this video. :sneaky2:

Edited by Ankmet20

:mfr_omg::fish::doh::bonk:

so, i got this part before but i guess i didn't completely get it cause it just hit me like a ton of bricks and I feel quite stupid! :lol3:

But your mama thought there was somethin’ wrong

Didn’t want you sleeping with a boy too long

It’s a serious thing in a grown-up world

Maybe you’d be better with a Barbie girl

Gosh i feel dumb!

This is probably stupid, but here is what I thought.

A mother did not want her son to be with the "toy boy" for two reasons: she didn't want her son to be in a relationship with another male, and the "toy boy" reminded her of a past lover who hurt her.

So the mother made up lies about the boy using her past experience with her former lover,("dressed me up as a man she loved")convincing her son to leave him.

When he says that she pulled out his insides and all that, that is how he feels.

The voodoo part is that she used his pain to get revenge on her past lover.

Crazy, huh? :blush-anim-cl:

I like this one too.

021.jpg

leave it to me to just google boy rag dolls at like 11:17 at night.

IM IN THE TOY BOY ZONE right now. Ive listened to it....i dont even know how many times today. and I cried over it all morning. hehe

think im calling it a night right about now. Bye everyone whos still on ;)

even if you don't get good repliesit really doesn't matter too much. I men, these people don't really know you and can't ruin your life. I know what you mean, but if you can be yourself somewhere away from, lets say 'real' people, then how will you ever?

I know I lean, even though I try not to. but i've made MANY mika songs fit my purpose at any given time :naughty:

Yep you can't give up on being yourself just because other people don't agree...And it's just on the virtual world yeah..But I'm really sensitive:roftl:

yeah hahaha:roftl:

uhmm my whole view of this song is that there once was a kid who had a doll, the mother thought her baby was too big to play with rag dolls, the child grew up and abandoned the doll.

why can't we just leave it like that? :tears:

it's way too dark if we get another idea of it.

actually i didn't sleep last night because i was struggling to understand the song and to find the meaning...so i just decided to keep that one and stop complicating things :roftl:

uhmm my whole view of this song is that there once was a kid who had a doll, the mother thought her baby was too big to play with rag dolls, the child grew up and abandoned the doll.

why can't we just leave it like that? :tears:

it's way too dark if we get another idea of it.

actually i didn't sleep last night because i was struggling to understand the song and to find the meaning...so i just decided to keep that one and stop complicating things :roftl:

:lmao:

I'm sorry you made me laugh with this comment, although I doubt it was your intention...:naughty:

You know what that song reminded me of????

When I was a child I saw a thriller taking place in a NY apartment and there is a Toy Boy in it .. I can't remember the whole story but this Toy Boy is hunting a blond woman I found it so freaky I can still remember how scared I was when watching it... I need to find out what that movie was..

I first thought it was Mia Farrow starring in it but it seems not .. will look a bit more and post it here if I find what that film was..:roftl:

I'm sorry you made me laugh with this comment, although I doubt it was your intention...:naughty:

When I was a child I saw a thriller taking place in a NY apartment and there is a Toy Boy in it .. I can't remember the whole story but this Toy Boy is hunting a blond woman I found it so freaky I can still remember how scared I was when watching it... I need to find out what that movie was..

I first thought it was Mia Farrow starring in it but it seems not .. will look a bit more and post it here if I find what that film was..:roftl:

:roftl:

the song reminded me of a toy boy i made for a school project years ago. i loved it. the teacher however thought it was rubbish and i was so sad. :tears:

i still have it. and i loved it even more when i heard the bad words that teacher said. i still hate her for that!

i've seen a similar movie with the one you're telling me about... but think it was chuckie...though i'm not sure?! :lol3:

the song reminded me of a toy boy i made for a school project years ago. i loved it. the teacher however thought it was rubbish and i was so sad. :tears:

i still have it. and i loved it even more when i heard the bad words that teacher said. i still hate her for that!

That is so typical of teachers in this part of the world...

Here it is teachers that are narrow-minded and not journalists.:cool:

It is much more dangerous, though. Frustrated and depressed teachers only create frustrated grown-ups who lack self-confidence.:thumbdown:

That is so typical of teachers in this part of the world...

Here it is teachers that are narrow-minded and not journalists.:cool:

It is much more dangerous, though. Frustrated and depressed teachers only create frustrated grown-ups who lack self-confidence.:thumbdown:

*sigh* that's true.

i'm in my last year of highschool and honestly i can say that in 12 years i only had 6 teachers that were great. and 3 weren't actually in school but at extra-school activities...

*goes to search her old toy boy* :naughty:

When I was a child I saw a thriller taking place in a NY apartment and there is a Toy Boy in it .. I can't remember the whole story but this Toy Boy is hunting a blond woman I found it so freaky I can still remember how scared I was when watching it... I need to find out what that movie was..I first thought it was Mia Farrow starring in it but it seems not .. will look a bit more and post it here if I find what that film was..:roftl:

Any chance you mean 'child's play'? That was actually the first thing I thought of as well when hearing this song!:roftl:

In the first child's play movie, the mother has blonde hair and a lot of it was filmed in an appartement.

saaSD.jpg

:roftl:

i've seen a similar movie with the one you're telling me about... but think it was chuckie...though i'm not sure?! :lol3:

Thanks for the name, it helped my search:thumb_yello:

It is Child's Play, I think...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_UZcbTdivw

.. I am not 100% sure that this is the original one, though.

I can remember a musicbox playing and that is not included in this trailer...

Any chance you mean 'child's play'? That was actually the first thing I thought of as well when hearing this song!:roftl:

In the first child's play movie, the mother has blonde hair and a lot of it was filmed in an appartement.

saaSD.jpg

Thank you:thumb_yello:

I found it in the meantime... I am sure I saw this film... but I might be mixing it up with another film from a bit earlier ...

I think the child of that woman died in the film and the whole film was even more spooky....