Thoughts on the Songs for Sorrow EP?

ur in my life.......... is it right 2 love mika so much? i saw him at sadlers wells 2. now i cant stop thinking about him the dvd is aways on or the ep. i really do love him is it right.......... im 25 and have a boyfriend and 4 kids. he thinks im mad but he dont mind. lol its like mika mika mika in my house. now the kids love him. he just 2 sexy. monday was the best day ever cant wait 2 c him again. xxx

Well I hate to break it to you but no if you're thinking about today's world your fascination with Mika is probably bordering on obsession. And yeh i'm the same - the people in my house have banned me from talking about him!!! But hey in Mikaworld we can be who we wanna be and say what we wanna say, so if it makes us happy let's carry on. My 4 year old niece and 6 year old nephew are crazy about him too!! But what is there not to like?

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I hate to break it to you but no if you're thinking about today's world your fascination with Mika is probably bordering on obsession. And yeh i'm the same - the people in my house have banned me from talking about him!!! But hey in Mikaworld we can be who we wanna be and say what we wanna say, so if it makes us happy let's carry on. My 4 year old niece and 6 year old nephew are crazy about him too!! But what is there not to like?

You are so right about that. That's one of the reasons I like him and his music so much. :fangurl:

Carry on!!! :wink2:

great so its not just me. anyway i think its more then a obsession. help im going mad. aawwww mikas 2 cute and his songs just keep getting better 2. woohoo and this is my new facebook as every1 thinks im mika mad on there. all add me if u like im katie 'mika' perrett but say ur off mfc. we will show them hehehehehe. awww we r 1 big mika famliy on here love it :wink2::naughty::biggrin2:

I received my pre-ordered EP today but I didn't get a code with it. Did anyone get a code with their pre-ordered copies? When I got the order confirmation it said that a code would be sent later, but I never got it sent. :blink: And what are the codes for anyway? :freak:

Should I email Sandbag? :teehee:

Love Lady Jane!! a fish women that walked on water and lost her lover as he couldnt so she cut off her legs and then she was eaten

Nice one Mika :naughty::thumb_yello:

It reminds me of The Little Mermaid by H.C. Andersen. The Little Mermaid didn't actually live with her prince ever after like in the Disney movie - she was supposed to stab the man to death but as she didn't do it she turned into foam of the sea if I remember it correctly! :teehee:

I emailed Sandbag. Let's hope they will be able to shed some light onto this code matter. :sneaky2:

I received my pre-ordered EP today but I didn't get a code with it. Did anyone get a code with their pre-ordered copies? When I got the order confirmation it said that a code would be sent later, but I never got it sent. :blink: And what are the codes for anyway? :freak:

Should I email Sandbag? :teehee:

I didn't get codes with mine and I'm unsure if many other people did. About the codes, from what I understand they will act as points that you can redeem for things. You could email Sandbag, but I wouldn't. I can only imagine the amount of emails they are getting asking where the codes are and when they are coming. :naughty:

It reminds me of The Little Mermaid by H.C. Andersen. The Little Mermaid didn't actually live with her prince ever after like in the Disney movie - she was supposed to stab the man to death but as she didn't do it she turned into foam of the sea if I remember it correctly! :teehee:

I emailed Sandbag. Let's hope they will be able to shed some light onto this code matter. :sneaky2:

Yes that true!!

Man that code thingy!! :boxed: what the hell is going on .. sigh

Love Lady Jane!! a fish women that walked on water and lost her lover as he couldnt so she cut off her legs and then she was eaten

Nice one Mika :naughty::thumb_yello:

When you say it like that, it sounds ridiculous:roftl:

Yeh I mean .. how do you dream that up :shocked:

Very very dark , Liking the picture of the pig sticking a fork in her ass:roftl:

I love the detail in the pics - anyone else spotted the gun-toting bunny lamp base in the Toy Boy pic where TB is lying on the bed? :roftl::roftl:

Got the first copy this morning. When I saw the parcel in the mail box I went :boing: like a mad woman!

It's totally adorable! I don't care about the code thing, I'm in love with the EP! :fangurl:

(Actually my cat loves it, too. She listened to it very attentively twice on my bed, purring like hell! It may not be just a coincidence that I named her Mica years ago... :teehee:)

Toy Boy on the EP is terrific! I didn't expect it could be so beautiful!

I also like all the different crying animals at the bottom of the pages. And of course, all the drawings are great! :thumb_yello:

When I got to the Hot Bear Call Center (and the "top 10 turn ons"!!!) I started laughing and couldn't stop for a while... :lmfao:

And the bait catalogue is funny, too. :naughty:

I'm sure you understand that I just love it! :blush-anim-cl:

Got the first copy this morning. When I saw the parcel in the mail box I went :boing like a mad woman!

It's totally adorable! I don't care about the code thing, I'm in love with the EP! :fangurl:

(Actually my cat loves it, too. She listened to it very attentively twice on my bed, purring like hell! It may not be just a coincidence that I named her Mica years ago... :teehee)

Toy Boy on the EP is terrific! I didn't expect it could be so beautiful!

I also like all the different crying animals at the bottom of the pages. And of course, all the drawings are great! :thumb_yello

When I got to the Hot Bear Call Center (and the "top 10 turn ons"!!!) I started laughing and couldn't stop for a while... :lmfao:

And the bait catalogue is funny, too. :naughty:

I'm sure you understand that I just love it! :blush-anim-cl:

:roftl: I love the hot bears too :roftl: I see something different every time I open it, and my favourites keep changing :biggrin2:

Wahey! I got a reply from Sandbag! :yay: Nothing new there! :naughty:

"Hi,

Please keep an eye out on the Mika Sounds website for further information regarding the points launch.

Kind regards

Sandbag"

Yeh I mean .. how do you dream that up :shocked:

Very very dark , Liking the picture of the pig sticking a fork in her ass:roftl:

Do you think that Lady Jane has something to do with Over My Shoulder then? Mika says that nothing has to make sense but in the end all the things he sings about are coming together. I cried when I watched Mika play Over My Shoulder at SW although I never got that "fork out my daylight" bit. It seems that it will all be revealed soon. :teehee:

Edited by Marianne84

I love the detail in the pics - anyone else spotted the gun-toting bunny lamp base in the Toy Boy pic where TB is lying on the bed? :roftl::roftl:

Yeah, I saw it! :roftl:

If I have to make a list of the best artwork in the EP book, my favorite drawings are by these people:

Jim Woodring: Covers, endpapers, the first drawings for Toy Boy

I love all the details he has drawn. The toy boy looks cute when he's just smiling no matter how much he suffers. Smiling until he loses his eyes and mouth.

The covers have a good contrast between life and death on them.

Tao Nyeu: Hot Bear Call Center for Lonely Alcoholic

I like it how symphatetic all the characters look even though they are doing a hard work calling all the lonely men. The lonely alcoholic looks like a moomin. Notice how the troubadours stop playing and leave when the story is over.

Sophie Blackall: a drawing for Lady Jane on two pages

I recognized her work immediately! Her style reminds of the illustrator John Tenniel's style (he has illustrated the book Alice In Wonderland). :wub2:

Keraskoet: The emperor eating Lady Jane

This is actually really gross but gorgeus at the same time. Which is why I like it. The emperor's servants or whatever they are look funny because they are so small compared to the emperor. One of them is eating Lady Jane's hair as if it was spaghetti. The emperor's small eyes make him look even more scary. They are eating Lady Jane ALIVE!

Nilesh Mistry:

The last drawings for Lady Jane, these are the absolute best of the best. I love the colors and angles of the pictures! :mf_lustslow: These pictures - uncluding the black and white ones - show the full story of the song!

Edited by Marianne84

I just got my copy of the EP (finally), I didn't have time to really LOOK at all the drawings, but for now, love Jim Woodring's work for Toy Boy, Kerascoet's for Blue Eyes (my absolute fave so far!) and Nilesh Mistry's for Lady Jane. But I still have to take some time and check all the stuff better! :blush-anim-cl::wub2:

Nilesh Mistry:

The last drawings for Lady Jane, these are the absolute best of the best. I love the colors and angles of the pictures! :mf_lustslow: These pictures - uncluding the black and white ones - show the full story of the song!

I was checking those drawings, and my mom looked and said "ooooh wonderful colours!!!! Love it!" :naughty: