Mika will present MMVA 2009 in Toronto Canada

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite perfect, really. I mean, Canada is a massive country and he's managed to cover it all, and parts of the US, by timing his press stint there to coincide with the MMVAs. Genius, really.

G E N I U S . . . in ORANGE Trousers! :blush-anim-cl:

Well, I watched all vids, from will i am and perez.

What I think: They're both in the wrong here.

I think Perez idd got hit by someone of will's entourage, not by will himself. I had this thought even before seeing the perez vid. In the 2nd vid from will, it was obvious to me that will was saying he didn't hit perez... but someone else from his crew might have. He didn't say that litterally, but his body language and the way he pronounced 'I didn't do that' said enough really. Perez confirmed it was someone else, so I think it was wrong of him to make it seem like will actually was the one that physically attacked him on twitter.

The attacking part: I'm totally against this... But Perez clearly provoked him... And before we start the whole discussion of ' yes but you should never resort to violence etc... ': I know, I know people shouldn't, but, people do! You can't just go around calling people names, trashing them etc without expecting something in return. Verbal abuse is just as bad as physical abuse is imo! The world we're living in now, isn't a very friendly one. People get stabbed and killed for not giving a cigarette, so people should know it's not very wise to randomly start verbally attacking people. Again, the attack was totally uncalled for but so was the name calling.

Very true and I agree.

I'm with you there.

The press get all the freebies, and everything before the fans who actually buy the record, before they've even heard it!

We do this on pretty much blind faith, but whatever artist it maybe, we do it because we like them.

Some of the time, especially in Mikas case, certain journos don't really like the artist, but as it's their job to cover it, they happily take the freebies offered, and then trash the artists work. This royally ticks me off, as I feel this make them parasites.

So far, this time, Mikas been lucky, the new album seems to be getting favourable feedback. But I don't think he's done one of these junkets here yet, and knowing how a lot of so called "music journalists" feel about him, I'm waiting with baited breath, and a little irritation, should they start to slag him off again, after getting their free promo copy.

You raise a good point Rose...

Maybe us fans should do it instead and write a really biased review :teehee:

But no honestly, I get what you mean. Seriously.

we are sure that is he? Or is Mika Miko?

Mika Miko is a group who have been around a while. The tweet uses Mika, singular "he is wearing orange trousers" and refers to 2nd album - so I think it is out Mika :thumb_yello:

Mika Miko is a group who have been around a while. The tweet uses Mika, singular "he is wearing orange trousers" and refers to 2nd album - so I think it is out Mika :thumb_yello:

I think so too :thumb_yello:

Well, I watched all vids, from will i am and perez.

What I think: They're both in the wrong here.

I think Perez idd got hit by someone of will's entourage, not by will himself. I had this thought even before seeing the perez vid. In the 2nd vid from will, it was obvious to me that will was saying he didn't hit perez... but someone else from his crew might have. He didn't say that litterally, but his body language and the way he pronounced 'I didn't do that' said enough really. Perez confirmed it was someone else, so I think it was wrong of him to make it seem like will actually was the one that physically attacked him on twitter.

The attacking part: I'm totally against this... But Perez clearly provoked him... And before we start the whole discussion of ' yes but you should never resort to violence etc... ': I know, I know people shouldn't, but, people do! You can't just go around calling people names, trashing them etc without expecting something in return. Verbal abuse is just as bad as physical abuse is imo! The world we're living in now, isn't a very friendly one. People get stabbed and killed for not giving a cigarette, so people should know it's not very wise to randomly start verbally attacking people. Again, the attack was totally uncalled for but so was the name calling.

Wise words, Droopsy :thumb_yello:

And now, let´s move on and talk about Mika and his orange trousers in Canada :roftl:

Still I can't stop doubting if this is for real? Don't know perez enough to know if he would pull a stunt like that but... wouldn't you be calling the police instead of twittering :blink:

I'm tempted to think that, if you have a mobile handy to use twitter, you can easily call the police, yes.

Oh and obviously he managed to do so.

Edited by violet_sky

And now, let´s move on and talk about Mika and his orange trousers in Canada :roftl:

Thank you :blush-anim-cl:

Oh I know!! Orange trousers! Me likey that idea :wub2: I always loved his colorful skinny's :thumb_yello: I read another tweet about this as well I think?

GetMusicCA Heading down for breakfast and listening session with MIKA!about 4 hours ago from TwitterBerry

I'm assuming it's the same showcase. Nothing more though:boxed:

Yes! The orange trousers :fangurl:

:naughty:

No really it would be nice to see them actually, it's been quite a while since he wore colourful trousers.

Thank you :blush-anim-cl:

Oh I know!! Orange trousers! Me likey that idea :wub2: I always loved his colorful skinny's :thumb_yello: I read another tweet about this as well I think?

GetMusicCA Heading down for breakfast and listening session with MIKA!about 4 hours ago from TwitterBerry

I'm assuming it's the same showcase. Nothing more though:boxed:

I'm glad he's okay, when I heard he was seen going to toronto, then disappeared, I got scared, especially after what happened to Perez. But to be honest, I'm really glad that Mika wasn't with Perez, which meant that Mika wasn't involved in any way. Maybe this seems like I'm being mean to Perez, but I'm so glad Mika wasn't there.

OK, so can't catch up... What has happened, where is he afterall?

He is/was in Toronto apparently doing this: (those tweets were posted earlier today)

jonnystaub: Is at a Mika showcase in Toronto! Wow second album is waaaay cooler. Out this August...and Mika is wearing bright orange pants! Lol

GetMusicCA Heading down for breakfast and listening session with MIKA

He is/was in Toronto apparently doing this: (those tweets were posted earlier today)

jonnystaub: Is at a Mika showcase in Toronto! Wow second album is waaaay cooler. Out this August...and Mika is wearing bright orange pants! Lol

GetMusicCA Heading down for breakfast and listening session with MIKA

Thanks Miro, always so helpful:huglove:

Ooh bright orange pants.:teehee: And August? Hmmmm:naughty:

I just think it's quite weird for no one on here to know about that showcase, but maybe as I read before it's one of those press thingies:biggrin2:

Read your post and absolutely agree Droopsy. Violence isn't the solution but neither is pure exaggeration and acting like a drama queen, and like a victim as if you didn't provoke the situation...

Thanks Miro, always so helpful:huglove:

Ooh bright orange pants.:teehee: And August? Hmmmm:naughty:

I just think it's quite weird for no one on here to know about that showcase, but maybe as I read before it's one of those press thingies:biggrin2:

Read your post and absolutely agree Droopsy. Violence isn't the solution but neither is pure exaggeration and acting like a drama queen, and like a victim as if you didn't provoke the situation...

Aww you're welcome Carlota :wink2:

Yeah the August thing is new we always hear September..