First single -We Are Golden!!

Mary

:clap: that's so cute! a little chipmunk Adrae Crouch Gospel choir!

Gahh, what's his record label thinking? :aah:

People all over the world are going to hear this song on radio, love it, then go online looking to hear it again. But the label has pulled all the "real" versions, and left the chipmunks version! So that's what people are going to find!

His label needs a crash course in Web 2.0 marketing. :teehee::roftl:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gahh, what's his record label thinking? :aah:

People all over the world are going to hear this song on radio, love it, then go online looking to hear it again. But the label has pulled all the "real" versions, and left the chipmunks version! So that's what people are going to find!

His label needs a crash course in Web 2.0 marketing. :teehee::roftl:

That is kind of Sad isn't it?

With all the buzz about "We Are Golden" the only one that is there is Alvin & the Chipmunks!

I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

But I am smiling!

it is Too Cute!!

Dailymotion still has We Are Golden Vids!

PerezHilton has the whole audio version!

I hate that chipmunk version.

It's not cute, it's vile, and I wish Universal would remove it immediately :sneaky2:.

I have a weird love/hate thing going on with WAG as it is, without that chipmunk horror too. :teehee:

When was the new single played at the dutch radio-3FM?

http://www.3fmfan.nl/page/muziekstats/trackinfo/8483

It's in dutch, but the charts are easy enough to read.

And you can see on the left of the page: Megahit: mika - we are golden. This means that the song will be played very regularly. I think at least once each radio show. :wink2:

When was the new single played at the dutch radio-3FM?

http://www.3fmfan.nl/page/muziekstats/trackinfo/8483

It's in dutch, but the charts are easy enough to read.

And you can see on the left of the page: Megahit: mika - we are golden. This means that the song will be played very regularly. I think at least once each radio show. :wink2:

That's great! :wub2:

Now I need to find 3FM on my radio.. :glasses2:

• 2 weeks later...
Wow! The first song that they played the opening credits to the TEEN CHOICE AWARDS (American awards show) is WE ARE GOLDEN!!!!

Neat-O!

HAHA i knew it! <-- as I shout so to my mom haha

I was watching..idk why really, it all makes me gag.... but im humming along to the intro-outro music before commercials and im like. wait. "teenage dreams in a teenage circus...." Then i hear the one guitar riff in the whole song and I go IT HAS TO BE MIKA. Then I stick it out to the end of the credits and it says *"WE ARE GOLDEN" by MIKA*

Then I shout my "I KNEW IT!!!" for the 5th time and run downstairs to post this :D

I just wish they didn't dub out the lyrics :/ They were playing more of it at the end of the show and I was like Dude, we need that choir in here so bad right now! "WE ARE NOT WHAT YOU THINK WE ARE, WE ARE GOLDEN!! WE ARE GOLDEN!!":naughty::mf_lustslow:

Wow! The first song that they played the opening credits to the TEEN CHOICE AWARDS (American awards show) is WE ARE GOLDEN!!!!

Neat-O!

Oh my God :fangurl:

I have to wait about 40 more minutes to watch :shun:

Neat-O!

So it WAS that! I thought it was, but I couldn't be sure. None the less, I thoroughly enjoyed when the show went to commercial. :roftl:

Is it just me or does the song sound like, heaven is a place on earth, but either way i love the song!

No, you are not the only one. Several people hear that in it as well as some 15 other songs:naughty:

It didn't take long for Alvin & The Chipmunks to do their version of We Are Golden!

< http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYqnlt9kSsU >

It is Cute & Funny!

:floor:

Thank you :flowers2:

I am listening to it with a big grin on my face in the office - no one has the slightest clue about what is wrong with me:roftl:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Almost everytime they play WAG at dutch radio, the presentor whisperes the title after the song is finished. Is that the same in other countries?

I think it's funny, not hilarious but funny. :wink2:

And often they use the Golden-item to talk about good things. Just now the presentor talked about the golden-weekend after he played WAG!

And he mentioned Mika's surname being Penniman and he had to laugh cause he likes that name so much. Oh, and it's the 5th or 6th time this last fortnight they mention he's from Libanon.....:blink: Why is that suddenly so interesting?

Edited by AnnaMariaPetra

Almost everytime they play WAG at dutch radio, the presentor whisperes the title after the song is finished. Is that the same in other countries?

I think it's funny, not hilarious but funny. :wink2:

And a often they use the Golden-item to talk about good things. Just now the presentor talked about the golden-weekend after he played WAG!

And he mentioned Mika's surname being Penniman and he had to laugh cause he likes that name so much. Oh, and it's the 5th or 6th time this last fortnight the mention he's from Libanon.....:blink: Why is that suddenly so interesting?

I haven't heard it on radio yet- I'm not the biggest radio listener, but it's still a bit surprising

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't know where to post this, so I came up here.

Today my (dutch) newspaper had this article:

Capello legt

’wags’ nu al

aan banden

VOETBAL

den haag Engeland heeft

zich nog maar nauwelijks gekwalificeerd

voor het WK in

Zuid-Afrika, of bondscoach Fabio

Capello heeft zich al op het

grootste gevaar voor zijn ploeg

in 2010 geworpen: de ’wags’.