2009 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDS - Mika @ iTunes Festival, London, JUL-31

lollipop_monkey

actually I noticed that, too, with wireimage, but we had so many others from the other agencies, I gave up in the end! Flickr was the best and fastest source of all this time.:thumb_yello:

Some MFCers worked hard to capture and crop all of them, all were protected with the silly spaceball thing. Ah, I love MFC and their techie skills!:wub2:

MFC could seriously be a corporation :mf_rosetinted:

I have a few vids from last night. Doctor John, Love Today and Relax and maybe something more. They are quite nice, because I had a good place. But I cannot upload them to youtube. It says "wrong format" but it looks just same as always??

In Doctor John vid a couple of iTunes cameramen are disturbing :aah:

But Fortune was SO cute :wub2: He took photos in front of us and he was very careful not to disturb anyone. He looks so much like Mika!! It was the first time I saw him and I must admit I was a little bit like :fangurl:

They do look SO much alike. I almost broke my neck doing a double take at Sadler's Wells when I popped out to go to the loo about 10 minutes before Mika came on because he was standing there and I was like 'hang on, was that? Oh, nope, not him'.

I think I saw him in the bar last night when I was sitting on the steps outside. He had a camera slung over his shoulder so I'm guessing it was him. I thought I saw Mika walk past a couple of times but I couldn't tell the difference between them from that distance.

Can I just say that it was great meeting the MFCers again :wub2: The one's I already know and the one's I hadn't met before. You're .. or we rather are the ones who keep the atmosphere alive at his gigs. I think that's mostly why I had the time of my life last night :wub2:

I'm back home, a little bit tired after my flight, but happy, happy, happy :wub2: I had a wonderful time queueing and loved the gig!! He was so amazing, so energetic, in such a good mood (smiling and having fun saying naughty words in live television show :roftl:) and everything was just perfect (again :naughty:)

Getting in to Roundhouse was a bit chaotic. I was number 3 in the queueing list and started queueing at 8 a clock right after Kata and Babs. But the personnel in Roundhouse told I'm not in the guest list at all... So people past me when I was negotiating about my entrance and I thought I will never get in. Finally they found my name and I got the wrist band. I'm afraid Sara was stuck after me because I got problems, I'm really sorry about that! We both just run past the crowd and managed to find other MFCers. Kata was behind me, and I was worried about her, because she was suppose to be in front of me, but she got a good place, just like Babs and many other MFCers.

M&G was relaxed and nice, he said a few words to everyone, it was very nice of him. I met Anzuzu after the gig and shared a hotel room with her. It was so nice to meet other MFCers again :wub2: It wasn't possible to chat with everyone, but at least I could meet many of you.

During the gig I was just smiling so stupidly :teehee: Loved every second of it. I took a few vids, I'm uploading them. I'm sorry I can't write a proper report, can't find English words :aah:

Hi Tiibet, Glad you're home now. It was so nice meeting you and Anzuzu! Me, I'm having a horrible cold:sneaky2:

Back from Itunes.

It was such a nice sunny day that I would have actually enjoyed q-ing all day and hanging out with my fellow MFCers, so I felt I kinda missed out on that cos we didn't get there till after 7PM cos BBVix (my daughter in case anyone doesnt know that yet lol) worked till 6pm, so when she got in, she fed and changed and we went, she only lives 2 stops away from Chalk Farm so that was good :thumb_yello:.

We expected everyone to be in by the time we got there and a lot were already, so we asked an "official" where to go for the guest list and he direted us, we gave our names, got a purple band and were shown into the main downstairs area. we were about 12 rows from the front so, not the best place but not the worst either.

Wanted all the pre stuff over and just wanted MIKA MIKA MIKA.... so when he bounded onto the stage straight into WAG in that clockwork orange style gear it was electric.... LOVED it, he soooo suits that hat, (I came out in sympathy with his shoes only MINE were sparklier (of course).

WAG was even MORE awesome live, (I so wish I was nearer the front though) felt like I missed out on some of the better atmosphere being (SITM lol), couldnt see some of the time cos I was stuck behind one of THOSE :badmood: idiots who like to sit on ppls shoulders and totally block the view for the ppl behind them (THANKS A BUNCH) :sneaky2: So I had to watch parts of it on the screens instead.

<3 Dr.John (is this Holy Johnny reincarnate? well he has the same name) I also think it's got a SITM feel to it. It's another infectious one be warned lol.

Nice to see Sarahnayde back again, she held onto the top of her frock for dear life at some points cos I think we may have seen more of her than she wanted us to lol.

When Lollipop came on (I love that calypso-ish thing he does sometimes before it), came on, BBVix handed me her bag "in case by some miracle she could worm her way thru to the front" and when he was frantically trying to get ppl to stage invade and only managed to drag one person up nearly pulling her arm out of joint (hope its ok btw lol), then Vix made her move cos she "felt sorry for him" lol, she managed to squeeze her way to the front and beg ppl to let her "leap" over that HUUUUUUGE barrier, then haul herself up with a small amount of man handling from security, onto the stage, and freaked out like a loon (yes that's her flinging her dark curly hair about on the Lollipop vid).

Mika thanked them while he was up on the piano for managing to get onstage, and the bouncers led Vix off (tho I think Mika wanted them to take a bow if the vid is anything to go by).

Afterwards, chatted to my MFC buds, Sari, Babs, Rose, how is the big dipper btw:naughty: Suzie, Jemma, and the rest of you (you KNOW who you are) lol.

Then we went round the back in a nonchalant manner and waited, the security wanted us to make the Q smaller so directed us near the front of it, he said there were more spaces.

The security were really good and BBVix thanked them afterwards and they were chuffed :thumb_yello:), It seemed well orginized this time too.

When he came out I went slightly:fangurl:

and gave a half hearted woop :blush-anim-cl: anyway, he signed my SFS ep since it didn't arrive for SW (told him so too nag nag). Then Vix gave him the flag to sign for Rose and instructed him "Rose said not too big" and he said something like "OO all these rules and regulations" lol then she gave him a rather embarrassing gift, I made HER give it to him in case he didn't like it mwahaha (it was schoolboy humour, a rubix cube style thing with cartoons on and a bit vulgar lol), got a good pic of the look of disgust on his face when he read it, (shhh don't tell him it it was off us, he will forget, he doesn't even know me anyway so I will blame Rose and say it was her idea lol).

I kinda followed him down the Q a bit with my cam recording, I was behind ppl so you wont be able to hear it well and my cam is poo, so didn't take any gig pix (waste of time where I was, didn't want a pic of that girls arse did I).

I shall try to put the vids on utuebe soon as I can.

That's it, it was awesome, loved it I always love Mika gigs, they are uplifting.

Edited by sparkly1

Probably straight after he came off, actually. Maybe he tried to avoid the water going on his make up because he thought he looked rather dashing :roftl:

And now I have thoughts of Mika in the shower. Thanks for that, hahaha. That should be his next video :teehee:

Or he didn't have the eye make up remover with him and didn't want to risk the contect with water so it'd look as if he'd a black eye during the m&g:thumb_yello:

Back from Itunes.

It was such a nice sunny day that I would have actually enjoyed q-ing all day and hanging out with my fellow MFCers, so I felt I kinda missed out on that cos we didn't get there till after 7PM cos BBVix (my daughter in case anyone doesnt know that yet lol) worked till 6pm, so when she got in, she fed and changed and we went, she only lives 2 stops away from Chalk Farm so that was good :thumb_yello:.

We expected everyone to be in by the time we got there and a lot were already, so we asked an "official" where to go for the guest list and he direted us, we gave our names, got a purple band and were shown into the main downstairs area. we were about 12 rows from the front so, not the best place but not the worst either.

Wanted all the pre stuff over and just wanted MIKA MIKA MIKA.... so when he bounded onto the stage straight into WAG in that clockwork orange style gear it was electric.... LOVED it, he soooo suits that hat, (I came out in sympathy with his shoes only MINE were sparklier (of course).

WAG was even MORE awesome live, (I so wish I was nearer the front though) felt like I missed out on some of the better atmosphere being (SITM lol), couldnt see some of the time cos I was stuck behind one of THOSE :badmood: idiots who like to sit on ppls shoulders and totally block the view for the ppl behind them (THANKS A BUNCH) :sneaky2: So I had to watch parts of it on the screens instead.

<3 Dr.John (is this Holy Johnny reincarnate? well he has the same name) I also think it's got a SITM feel to it. It's another infectious one be warned lol.

Nice to see Sarahnayde back again, she held onto the top of her frock for dear life at some points cos I think we may have seen more of her than she wanted us to lol.

When Lollipop came on (I love that calypso-ish thing he does sometimes before it), came on, BBVix handed me her bag "in case by some miracle she could worm her way thru to the front" and when he was frantically trying to get ppl to stage invade and only managed to drag one person up nearly pulling her arm out of joint (hope its ok btw lol), then Vix made her move cos she "felt sorry for him" lol, she managed to squeeze her way to the front and beg ppl to let her "leap" over that HUUUUUUGE barrier, then haul herself up with a small amount of man handling from security, onto the stage, and freaked out like a loon (yes that's her flinging her dark curly hair about on the Lollipop vid).

Mika thanked them while he was up on the piano for managing to get onstage, and the bouncers led Vix off (tho I think Mika wanted them to take a bow if the vid is anything to go by).

Afterwards, chatted to my MFC buds, Sari, Babs, Rose, how is the big dipper btw:naughty: Suzie, Jemma, and the rest of you (you KNOW who you are) lol.

Then we went round the back in a nonchalant manner and waited, the security wanted us to make the Q smaller so directed us near the front of it, he said there were more spaces.

The security were really good and BBVix thanked them afterwards and they were chuffed :thumb_yello:), It seemed well orginized this time too.

When he came out I went slightly:fangurl:

and gave a half hearted woop :blush-anim-cl: anyway, he signed my SFS ep since it didn't arrive for SW (told him so too nag nag). Then Vix gave him the flag to sign for Rose and instructed him "Rose said not too big" and he said something like "OO all these rules and regulations" lol then she gave him a rather embarrassing gift, I made HER give it to him in case he didn't like it mwahaha (it was schoolboy humour, a rubix cube style thing with cartoons on and a bit vulgar lol), got a good pic of the look of disgust on his face when he read it, (shhh don't tell him it it was off us, he will forget, he doesn't even know me anyway so I will blame Rose and say it was her idea lol).

I kinda followed him down the Q a bit with my cam recording, I was behind ppl so you wont be able to hear it well and my cam is poo, so didn't take any gig pix (waste of time where I was, didn't want a pic of that girls arse did I).

I shall try to put the vids on utuebe soon as I can.

That's it, it was awesome, loved it I always love Mika gigs, they are uplifting.

Ah, but he thinks I'm sweet and innocent, so I'm safe:naughty:

Did you get me asking the random question?

Would you sing Lonely Alcoholic, in a pub?

He said, what a good idea.:naughty:

:roftl::roftl: It can't be just any pub.. it's got to be a proper village pub... haha.. I know a couple of good ones with many lonely alcoholics..

just coming back from London. Amazing gig and town and sorry for rasha and others MFCers that I have seen the first time yesterday but I lost you near the

cloakroom. I hope see you again very soon: Biz :thumb_yello:

just coming back from London. Amazing gig and town and sorry for rasha and others MFCers that I have seen the first time yesterday but I lost you near the

cloakroom. I hope see you again very soon: Biz :thumb_yello:

I wondered where you were :boxed: Nice to meet you.. hope you don't feel too left out.. did you meet other MFCers at the end??

i'm so glad you all had a good time at this gig!

and thank you team Mika!!!! :wub2: (and the ticket fairy)

i'm glad it all worked out!

roll on september!! i am so ready for it! :thumb_yello:

Indeed!

Where's my tent!:roftl:

I wondered where you were :boxed: Nice to meet you.. hope you don't feel too left out.. did you meet other MFCers at the end??

no nobody and onestly it was a REALLY good way to visit London for the first time....*waiting for the next gig*:teehee:

= WAG live from Racha, but really really live, not fixed-up-overdubbed-edited-made-for-TV live. :fangurl:

Pisses me off, excuse me, that he does such an epic first live performance of this song, and clearly the sound on the TV broadcast is running the recorded track along simultaneouslyt too, with the Andrae Crouch choir, not just the people he had on stage.

am so glad you enjoyed it.. I uploaded them yesterday but had no energy to come here and let people know about it...

Wauw, great video! :wub2:

Thanks Racha for making it!!

(and Blue Sky for posting it :bleh: )

you welcome.. and thanks BS for posting :)

Thanks to everyone for the reports, pics and videos!

Racha's video of WAG made my eyes water. :crybaby: I thought Mika's voice sounded a bit strained yesterday when I saw his performance on the net. It sounds completely different here!

glad u enjoyed it.. I am uploading more now... I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep... had to wake up early to go to Brighton today... am back now and uploading more videos...

Rain!!! Love love love rain , it's from cheshirecat!

Racha's Dr John video... THANK YOU RACHA, and pls don't kill me for uploading them here. :pinkbow:

you are most welcome...

:)

I think it's pointless for me to give a proper gig report..as everything's been said already... all i want to say is that I'm ecstatic that i had the chance to go even though at short notice (went though madness before I got to the venue)..thanks to Deb, Ticket Fairy, MFC, Mika whoever else that made it possible i had a brilliant time... it was really lovely to see some of you again and to meet other MFCers i've never met...thank you everyone for making it an enjoyable evening.. Rasha thanks for my drink, my turn next time around ok? Tiibet, that was good that I bumped into you at the tube station.. Emerald on the tube...and to see you again nectar at the station cause didn't see you after the gig to say bye...Lasara, we lost you, didn't see you after the gig, hope you managed your way..

my thoughts is with Kath today.. hope she gets on alright with her wacky mission..

I didn't get many nice pictures of Mika i'm afraid .. and didn't film anything at all...i'm useless at things like that :boxed:

it was really great meeting you.. I had a blast with you ladies... and hopefully we will meet again...

you forgot to mention that Mika remembered you - all the way from last year... I thought that was very sweet...

okya... so here's my tiny report... really not much to add - as most have described the night perfectly...

When I arrived I met Kath, Vicky, sarah, jeema and nikjas and we sort of stayed together through out the gig..

you will notice in my videos there is a squeeky soprano voice - and I would like to make it clear that it was not me or any of the ladies who were standing next to me - the tone deaf noise what that of a young man standing behind me and 2 inches away from my right ear... :roftl:

Mika's performance was great... he was in a "pull -a- show" mood

you have seen the pics and videos by now... so you know all about the new eye make up and white farmers trousers he wore... the stage was filled with glitter and all the ladies son the stage were wearing metal silver - matching the glitter used...

after the show I hung around with the rest of the MFCers.. some had to leave cause they had buses and planes to catch...

we decided to have drinks after the gig - but first had to wait for the short meet and greet outside..

While we were standing we met a lovely "John Smith" bodyguard who was very friendly to us - we saw Andy with sunflower bouquet (which was gorgeous - I mean the bouquet of course) :naughty:

John came out and he was the polite and always the professional person he is...

and Mika came in really with quietly - so I had no idea he was starting to sign autographs next to me... of course I had nothing for him to sign for me - as I did not really plan to meet him afterwards... so I decided to just thank him for the performance while the ladies with me where getting their stuff signed... and I did thank him - in Lebanese - which I am hoping he did understand - cause he did smile back... oh well.... he could be just being polite... anyways, I thought it was fun to try...

and since I have seen him almost 5 time now - and once in an official meet and greet (end of tour afterparty) and still had no picture of me with him and since he was not overwhelmed with the number of fans around him - I did ask politely if I can take a picture with him - to which he politely declined ...

upclose we could still see the new eye make up look - which i found very cute and theatrical...

shortly after that we left to a nearby bar... had a blast with the ladies from the MFC - arrived back around 3:00 am

:thumb_yello:

will send you the links to all my youtube videos once they are all uploaded..

am so glad you enjoyed it.. I uploaded them yesterday but had no energy to come here and let people know about it...

you welcome.. and thanks BS for posting :)

glad u enjoyed it.. I am uploading more now... I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep... had to wake up early to go to Brighton today... am back now and uploading more videos...

you are most welcome...

:)

it was really great meeting you.. I had a blast with you ladies... and hopefully we will meet again...

you forgot to mention that Mika remembered you - all the way from last year... I thought that was very sweet...

okya... so here's my tiny report... really not much to add - as most have described the night perfectly...

When I arrived I met Kath, Vicky, sarah, jeema and nikjas and we sort of stayed together through out the gig..

you will notice in my videos there is a squeeky soprano voice - and I would like to make it clear that it was not me or any of the ladies who were standing next to me - the tone deaf noise what that of a young man standing behind me and 2 inches away from my right ear... :roftl:

Mika's performance was great... he was in a "pull -a- show" mood

you have seen the pics and videos by now... so you know all about the new eye make up and white farmers trousers he wore... the stage was filled with glitter and all the ladies son the stage were wearing metal silver - matching the glitter used...

after the show I hung around with the rest of the MFCers.. some had to leave cause they had buses and planes to catch...

we decided to have drinks after the gig - but first had to wait for the short meet and greet outside..

While we were standing we met a lovely "John Smith" bodyguard who was very friendly to us - we saw Andy with sunflower bouquet (which was gorgeous - I mean the bouquet of course) :naughty:

John came out and he was the polite and always the professional person he is...

and Mika came in really with quietly - so I had no idea he was starting to sign autographs next to me... of course I had nothing for him to sign for me - as I did not really plan to meet him afterwards... so I decided to just thank him for the performance while the ladies with me where getting their stuff signed... and I did thank him - in Lebanese - which I am hoping he did understand - cause he did smile back... oh well.... he could be just being polite... anyways, I thought it was fun to try...

and since I have seen him almost 5 time now - and once in an official meet and greet (end of tour afterparty) and still had no picture of me with him and since he was not overwhelmed with the number of fans around him - I did ask politely if I can take a picture with him - to which he politely declined ...

upclose we could still see the new eye make up look - which i found very cute and theatrical...

shortly after that we left to a nearby bar... had a blast with the ladies from the MFC - arrived back around 3:00 am

:thumb_yello:

will send you the links to all my youtube videos once they are all uploaded..

Racha, sorry I didn't call, will call tomorrow:wink2:

Your vids are brilliant, enjoying watching them. Was wondering about the high pitched noise in the background:naughty:

Next time, I'll certainly hang round for drinks, but had already promised Silver a ride home, and she had to up early, so we had to get off.

Racha, sorry I didn't call, will call tomorrow:wink2:

Your vids are brilliant, enjoying watching them. Was wondering about the high pitched noise in the background:naughty:

Next time, I'll certainly hang round for drinks, but had already promised Silver a ride home, and she had to up early, so we had to get off.

:sneaky2: Don't blame me - you had to get back too :naughty:

Hello!

Again, a very quick hello and it was wonderful from me!!

I've got some nice pics which I'll post later on and a very cute close up of Mika drawing on a certain MFCer! I'll let her tell you first but can happily provide the pictorial evidence!

It was a really GREAT gig and it all went really sweetly .... in the main!

Always some tensions over queues and all that but basically a very happy time was had by me and all around!

Will do a better report later but here is a picture for starters from the outside pre gig flag signing etc!!

Me and Rose

DSCN1746.jpg