Sunday Express Interview

Naectegale

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Want me to clean something and go directly to the Naughty Corner without keeping the 2,000, Guy?:mf_rosetinted:?

2000??

Erm, sorry people for my last post

:sneaky2: follow wonka to the naughty corner!!! and stay there missy moo! :naughty:

all is well, i did a major vacuuming of this place!

In Portugal it's optional! :wink2:

same here, we don't take on hubby's last name. as for the children, they can have the father's, the mother's or both. :wink2:

Aaah thanks for the info. I find this stuff fascinating, how it varies so much in different countries.

When I got married, of course being Spanish I didn't take my husband's name, but in the UK everyone found it really surprising because they don't realise that this is not common practice in many other places.

Why don't we send an official announcement to the tabloids now we're at it?

:doh:

Yeah, well said Kata (and Guy). Sometimes things get too graphic here if you know what I mean :biggrin2:.

Changing topic, I did want to say something on the hugs conversation, now that we're at it. And please, nobody take this as a personal affrontation or anything harsh or rude or of the sorts :blink:, it's just my opinion.

When people say that Mika's hugs are weak/not great, etc, I just want to say: well, of course. Because they are not REAL hugs. In my opinion a hug is a very personal thing, that one gives to someone when they feel like it. It should be a spontaneous reflection of a feeling, and that is when a hug feels good. When there is a feeling behind it.

If someone asks a person taht they don't actually know (like Mika and us) for a hug, they won't get a real hug; They will get a quick 'drop my arm over your shoulders and get close and quickly retreat' sort of thing, but that is not a hug.

This is the reason why I have never asked Mika (or anyone else that I don't really have a close relationship with) for a hug, and I will never do it. Because I believe that hugs should be given, not requested. It's a bit like asking someone: "but, do you love me???". If they want to tell you, they will. If not, best not to ask, as you will never get a 100% genuine response.

As I said, please don't take this personally or as a criticism, but it's just that I felt like saying it because it always baffles me how it's become acceptable culture that everyone now asks Mika for a hug, and surely to him it must feel odd? If I was him and I was being asked to hug random strangers (which is what we are to him, no matter how familiar he is with some of our faces), I would feel really put off and in no mood to hug the person. I am touchy feely, as most Spaniards, but even so, hugging is not something that I do lightly, so to me it would feel like an intrusion.

It's very different when he spontaneously hugs someone, like the other day when he hugged Melody after she gave him the German Fanclub Drawings For Sorrow book.

Sorry for the long explanation, but I hope that someone gets where I am coming from, and of course, that nobody takes offence. I am really saying this in the nicest possible way :thumb_yello:.

:sneaky2: follow wonka to the naughty corner!!! and stay there missy moo! :naughty:

all is well, i did a major vacuuming of this place!

:tears: On my way!

Yeah, I still believed we are this isolated community far away from the nasty press and stuff and and thank you for taking care of my foolishness:boxed:

It was never my intention and I most certainly would never harm Mika on purpose. So sorry.

Edited by IngievV

I don't like hugging strangers at all and I've been completely terrified the couple of times band members have hugged me when I've talked to them, kinda think it would be the same with Mika - I am probably the only person to have ever managed to stand next to him in a group picture and not touch him at all :lmfao:

Aaah thanks for the info. I find this stuff fascinating, how it varies so much in different countries.

When I got married, of course being Spanish I didn't take my husband's name, but in the UK everyone found it really surprising because they don't realise that this is not common practice in many other places.

Yeah, well said Kata (and Guy). Sometimes things get too graphic here if you know what I mean :biggrin2:.

Changing topic, I did want to say something on the hugs conversation, now that we're at it. And please, nobody take this as a personal affrontation or anything harsh or rude or of the sorts :blink:, it's just my opinion.

When people say that Mika's hugs are weak/not great, etc, I just want to say: well, of course. Because they are not REAL hugs. In my opinion a hug is a very personal thing, that one gives to someone when they feel like it. It should be a spontaneous reflection of a feeling, and that is when a hug feels good. When there is a feeling behind it.

If someone asks a person taht they don't actually know (like Mika and us) for a hug, they won't get a real hug; They will get a quick 'drop my arm over your shoulders and get close and quickly retreat' sort of thing, but that is not a hug.

This is the reason why I have never asked Mika (or anyone else that I don't really have a close relationship with) for a hug, and I will never do it. Because I believe that hugs should be given, not requested. It's a bit like asking someone: "but, do you love me???". If they want to tell you, they will. If not, best not to ask, as you will never get a 100% genuine response.

As I said, please don't take this personally or as a criticism, but it's just that I felt like saying it because it always baffles me how it's become acceptable culture that everyone now asks Mika for a hug, and surely to him it must feel odd? If I was him and I was being asked to hug random strangers (which is what we are to him, no matter how familiar he is with some of our faces), I would feel really put off and in no mood to hug the person. I am touchy feely, as most Spaniards, but even so, hugging is not something that I do lightly, so to me it would feel like an intrusion.

It's very different when he spontaneously hugs someone, like the other day when he hugged Melody after she gave him the German Fanclub Drawings For Sorrow book.

Sorry for the long explanation, but I hope that someone gets where I am coming from, and of course, that nobody takes offence. I am really saying this in the nicest possible way :thumb_yello:.

Yeah you're right Sara.

And I still loved my hug from Mika even if it wasn't a "real" one. :thumb_yello:

:tears: On my way!

Yeah, I still believed we are this isolated community far away from the nasty press and stuff and and thank you for taking care of my foolishness:boxed:

It was never my intention and I most certainly would never harm Mika on purpose. So sorry.

it's all good!!! moving on! :thumb_yello:

That's why I love to talk to people from other countries. It's nice to get to know other cultures. There are some things we just take as obvious and totally normal, and in other countries we can be looked at as ETs! :aah:

Totally agreed! :thumb_yello:

I have to say, I do agree actually. I'm also quite touchy feely (not in a pervy way lol) and I am a VERY huggy person. I just love hugs. But when I hug someone, I don't do it halfheartedly. When I hug someone I mean it - tight, close bond and usually they're a good few seconds, not like a nanosecond.

Cuddles release endorphins, which are feel good hormones. You only get these from a really good hug. They make you feel all warm, fuzzy and loved inside. The reason why people get so ecstatic - in my opinion - when they hug Mika is because they've just hugged or had close contact with someone they admire, not because of the hug itself. And to me, personally, hugs are important because it shows you really care about the person. Of course I'd love to hug Mika because I DO care about him, but I'm just a stranger to Mika and although I'm sure he cares about his fans he probably doesn't care about us in the same way we do about him, y'know?

I wanted to ask for a hug when I met him at Sadler's Wells but I just felt I shouldn't. I mean, he was going down the line quickly because there were several people there and I didn't want to keep him, but I just felt greedy because I had received an autograph and felt like it would have been a bit too much or fangurly. I also was wondering whether or not I should ask him for one at the pub, as MY way of saying thank you for doing such a thing (even though I said it to his face, twice :aah:) but felt as though it was the wrong place. (He did touch my shoulder though :aah:) People can vouch for me when I say I haven't acted hysterical around him, because I haven't, nor have I felt the need to. He's a normal human being just like the rest of us and Mika has openly stated that he doesn't trust people easily, so to even get a quick hug from him - whether he really means it or not - I'd say is quite enough. (Not saying people have been requesting more - heaven forbid! I haven't actually read the whole thread and wanted to comment on the hugging shizzle but I think I've gone a bit too far into it without knowing full details :aah:)

My bet is it's Albert. I mean they have these public tiffs and Albert gets locked in cupboards...sounds like a typical celeb relationship to me!!! :roftl:

Wether he's in a relationship with Albert, Lady Gaga (who recently sat on his face don't forget!) or Prince Harry so long as he's happy then that's all that I care about. And he has seemed really happy lately.

Gay, straight, bi, into gerbils, single, divorced...it makes not difference to me, I'll still happily drool over him!:blush-anim-cl:

I thought he was into hamsters? :shocked:

My world is crushed. :crybaby:

Back on MFC with some sluggish connection from the motorway (not driving though)..

Are we talking about hugs now?

And to me, personally, hugs are important because it shows you really care about the person. Of course I'd love to hug Mika because I DO care about him

Well, I'd like to hug George Clooney even though I couldn't care less about him:mf_rosetinted:

Back on MFC with some sluggish connection from the motorway (not driving though)..

Are we talking about hugs now?

Well, I'd like to hug George Clooney even though I couldn't care less about him:mf_rosetinted:

You can have George Clooney if you like, I don't want him LOL :roftl:

and apparently we are :aah:

I have to say, I do agree actually. I'm also quite touchy feely (not in a pervy way lol) and I am a VERY huggy person. I just love hugs. But when I hug someone, I don't do it halfheartedly. When I hug someone I mean it - tight, close bond and usually they're a good few seconds, not like a nanosecond.

Cuddles release endorphins, which are feel good hormones. You only get these from a really good hug. They make you feel all warm, fuzzy and loved inside. The reason why people get so ecstatic - in my opinion - when they hug Mika is because they've just hugged or had close contact with someone they admire, not because of the hug itself. And to me, personally, hugs are important because it shows you really care about the person. Of course I'd love to hug Mika because I DO care about him, but I'm just a stranger to Mika and although I'm sure he cares about his fans he probably doesn't care about us in the same way we do about him, y'know?

I wanted to ask for a hug when I met him at Sadler's Wells but I just felt I shouldn't. I mean, he was going down the line quickly because there were several people there and I didn't want to keep him, but I just felt greedy because I had received an autograph and felt like it would have been a bit too much or fangurly. I also was wondering whether or not I should ask him for one at the pub, as MY way of saying thank you for doing such a thing (even though I said it to his face, twice :aah:) but felt as though it was the wrong place. (He did touch my shoulder though :aah:) People can vouch for me when I say I haven't acted hysterical around him, because I haven't, nor have I felt the need to. He's a normal human being just like the rest of us and Mika has openly stated that he doesn't trust people easily, so to even get a quick hug from him - whether he really means it or not - I'd say is quite enough. (Not saying people have been requesting more - heaven forbid! I haven't actually read the whole thread and wanted to comment on the hugging shizzle but I think I've gone a bit too far into it without knowing full details :aah:)

I actually think that you are one of the most sane fans here, not fangurly at all. :thumb_yello: It's good to know that it meant something when Mika hugged me in Stockholm. I was surprised when he did it. :wub2: I would never ask him for a hug.

I actually think that you are one of the most sane fans here, not fangurly at all. :thumb_yello: It's good to know that it meant something when Mika hugged me in Stockholm. I was surprised when he did it. :wub2: I would never ask him for a hug.

That's hugely complimentary, thank you :wub2:

If I hugged Mika, I would actually want Mika to insinuate it. Because then at least I know he'd want to hug me, rather than felt like he needed to.

if Mika wants a hug from me, he'll have to get in line:shun:

:aah:

Do i need to queue to get a hug from you? :tears:

OK, i´m not gonna comment on the relationship thing because you all talked about it "a little bit", but i want to put this quote on here because i found it great

“It’s a very brutal relationship with my mother. We’re close, we understand each other but we’ve had a grown-up relationship since I was 12. She had to be really hard on me because she smelt disaster. When I was 15, she said the hardest thing I’ve ever heard: ‘You’ll either end up in prison, dead or famous.’”