Sunday Express Interview

Naectegale

Isn't anyone happy for Mika?:blink:

Absolutely! :yay:

He deserves to have fun and have someone special just as anyone does. My biggest hope for him in that regard is that his zipped-lips stance on it doesn't end up damaging any relationship he's ever in.

Although, he apparently told OMM earlier this year that he wasn't in a relationship. So, off again, on again thing? Or is this brand new? :teehee:

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*Can visualize all the broken-hearted girls trying to grasp the reality of MIKA using the words "partner" and "in a relationship".*

:teehee:

:lol3:

I dunno, I'm not particularly excited of course, but I understand that I have absolutely no chance and I just hope he's happy :original: He more than deserves to be happy. And though he's 8 years older than me I feel almost motherly rather than girly toward him a lot of the time :naughty:

Not that it won't bother me every now and again :naughty:

Anyway, great interview. Definitely one of the better ones. T4P :thumb_yello:

Edited by purplegrape

He deserves to have fun and have someone special just as anyone does. My biggest hope for him in that regard is that his zipped-lips stance on it doesn't end up damaging any relationship he's ever in.

Although, he apparently told OMM earlier this year that he wasn't in a relationship. So, off again, on again thing? Or is this brand new? :teehee:

Well (I don't feel like opening the link again :bleh: ) did he say he knew the person for a while or that he was with the person for a while?

Twas wondering the same thing. But, as you say, sometimes things are on again, off again, and what he said to a reporter one day might not have been accurate by the next if they managed to patch things up.

I moved cities, met some people, made new friends.... Had a friend ring me up and tell me she'd broken up with her boyfriend. I listened to her bitch and moan and sympathised with her and reassured her etc etc, and then heard three days later that they were back together again. I was stunned. Then I heard through a mutual friend that these two were forever splitting up and getting back together and not to worry about it. They've now been married for about 12 years:naughty:

Well (I don't feel like opening the link again :bleh: ) did he say he knew the person for a while or that he was with the person for a while?

The excerpt reads:

He won’t talk about it except to say he has been with his partner for “a little bit. It’s good but I’ve very, very much protected it.”

And the OMM article read:

When were you last in a relationship? I ask.

"Recently."

What's the longest relationship you've had?

"Only one... and it lasted a year."

And that's the one that recently finished?

"Well, not recently. Sadly."

Twas wondering the same thing. But, as you say, sometimes things are on again, off again, and what he said to a reporter one day might not have been accurate by the next if they managed to patch things up.

I moved cities, met some people, made new friends.... Had a friend ring me up and tell me she'd broken up with her boyfriend. I listened to her bitch and moan and sympathised with her and reassured her etc etc, and then heard three days later that they were back together again. I was stunned. Then I heard through a mutual friend that these two were forever splitting up and getting back together and not to worry about it. They've now been married for about 12 years:naughty:

I have a friend who has been married for six years. She calls me up every couple months to tell me that her husband is a jerk, that she's leaving him, etc. Then the next month he's the greatest thing ever and they're having an anniversary party. :roftl:

And heaven knows Mika's good at contradicting himself. :teehee:

Still, if he is in a relationship, yay for him. I love the idea of Mika being loved. :blush-anim-cl:

Although admittedly, I realize I'm totally jumping the gun by going down that route. It could just be some tentative fling-thing that's just for fun. I mean, the boy is just 26, there's nothing to say he has to want something serious. Either way, I hope that (assuming this article is accurate) this relationship is whatever he's looking for at this point in his life. :wub2:

The excerpt reads:

He won’t talk about it except to say he has been with his partner for “a little bit. It’s good but I’ve very, very much protected it.”

"Recently."

Well, he contradict's himself in the OMM article! :roftl:

I dunno then. Kinda sounds on/off again. But then again it could be something new all together!

He tells us just a little bit of information and then makes it all confusing anyway! :roftl:

Didn't he once say he lies a lot? :floor:

I dunno then. Kinda sounds on/off again. But then again it could be something new all together!

He tells us just a little bit of information and then makes it all confusing anyway! :roftl:

Yeah seriously, he's the king of being vague and contradictory. And in print, when we don't have tone, facial expression or body language clues, we haven't a hope of knowing what he really means. :roftl:

The excerpt reads:

"Recently."

I have a friend who has been married for six years. She calls me up every couple months to tell me that her husband is a jerk, that she's leaving him, etc. Then the next month he's the greatest thing ever and they're having an anniversary party. :roftl:

And heaven knows Mika's good at contradicting himself. :teehee:

Still, if he is in a relationship, yay for him. I love the idea of Mika being loved. :blush-anim-cl:

Although admittedly, I realize I'm totally jumping the gun by going down that route. It could just be some tentative fling-thing that's just for fun. I mean, the boy is just 26, there's nothing to say he has to want something serious. Either way, I hope that (assuming this article is accurate) this relationship is whatever he's looking for at this point in his life. :wub2:

You're just an old romantic Mana. A super softy.:biggrin2:

Unless of course he was lying when he said he lies a lot.:mf_rosetinted:

*Can visualize all the broken-hearted girls trying to grasp the reality of MIKA using the words "partner" and "in a relationship".*

:teehee:

Well, they can't say that we haven't been telling them for ages!!! :biggrin2:

So much so that I read it without blinking and didn't get what people were referring to at first.

Good for him.

thanx for posting! :biggrin2: the hotel thing, lol! :lmao: though i guess he won't see much now from his basement flat... :naughty:

and he also said publicly always single, but in real life it's something else.

in a recent german interview he also said he was single. my guess is that this is/was part of the "I’ve very, very much protected it." seems like generally this sunday express journalist found a way to talk with him that made him open up. :original:

something i'm wondering though, does the english word "partner" necessarily mean a man? i have a strong feeling that it does in this case :fisch::naughty: but generally, as i don't think there's a female equivalent to this word, or is there? i'd have thought that if you wanna specify, you'd say bf/gf.

totally agree with you. :wub2:

thanx for posting! :biggrin2: the hotel thing, lol! :lmao: though i guess he won't see much now from his basement flat... :naughty:

in a recent german interview he also said he was single. my guess is that this is/was part of the "I’ve very, very much protected it." seems like generally this sunday express journalist found a way to talk with him that made him open up. :original:

something i'm wondering though, does the english word "partner" necessarily mean a man? i have a strong feeling that it does in this case :fisch::naughty: but generally, as i don't think there's a female equivalent to this word, or is there? i'd have thought that if you wanna specify, you'd say bf/gf.

totally agree with you. :wub2:

"Partner" can be either male or female :thumb_yello:

I'd say the word partner is commonly used for both girlfriend or boyfriend.

But I would also say it's a word used where that girlfriend or boyfriend is a more permanent fixture, like where people are in an ongoing stable relationship, even living together.

However I have my own thoughts on how Mika used it.