Mika in Nice, France at Palais Nikaia

Christine

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, I'm quite curious to know what happened in the end. And to read what people who were there explain on this, because the whole thing seems so unlikely that I don't get it at all atm :teehee:

let's wait and see :naughty:

well, I'm quite curious to know what happened in the end. And to read what people who were there explain on this, because the whole thing seems so unlikely that I don't get it at all atm :teehee:

let's wait and see :naughty:

+ 1 Nanou :wink2:

Okay I am also working on second hand information and it's difficult to communicate by text, but my understanding is that there was a priority queue set up that included 100 non-MFCers, as specified by John and the French promoter. There appear to be about 20 MFCers in that queue, so 120 people in total?

Hundreds of people are now there so in the interests of fairness the priority queue was closed off, whether you are MFC or not. It's not fair for someone to turn up at 5 pm and queue jump into the priority line.

I'm not sure what the French promoter said to the fans who are complaining or what time they arrived, but it sounds like they may have gotten there too late to join the other hardcore fans. :dunno:

I guess we'll have to wait for some first-hand reports to find out exactly what the circumstances were, but I'm fairly confident that if fans arrived early they would not be turned away because they didn't have proof of being an MFC member.

Thanks so much Christine :thumb_yello:

of course, it's not fait if you arrive late to go in this queue...

My friends who told that arrived at noon and after, they reorganized the numbers and asked for badges or something, that's all I know :dunno:

The french promotor told them it was the official fan club first, when they came back from lunch.

Can't wait to hear from everybody :wink2:

It may have been the case that anyone who was MFC was included in the priority queue, but other fans needed to be within the first 100 places in the queue. I don't know what it's like in Nice, but in London we reached 100 places by 9 am. :aah:

Anyway I'm hoping for some more clarification on how these queues are ordered as I've never been involved in this situation where there is a priority queue.

Thank you for trying to find information about that and sharing it. :thumb_yello:

I'm going to my first gig soon and I'm not very aware of all the system so I have to say that worried me quite a lot. Can't wait to hear more!

By the way, when you say people from MFC can be in a priority queue, does it mean you need to prove you're from MFC? How do you do that?

Hi everybody.

We arrived around 12.30pm and had our numbers, as usual.

Just went buy food and we found john and some guy from universal who were telling people that only the "real" fans from the "official" fan club could enter first.

It was the same for us cause we didn't have good numbers but some girls arrived at 6.30 this morning just to hear that they weren't the first one anymore and they had to leave their numbers to the mfc members.. Unfair, isn't it?

Above all when we heard later that the girls from mfc had numbers like 40 or something and that's why they asked john to create a list for "real" fans.

You may do that in your countries but in france the first arrived has the first number and it's NORMAL !!

It's the only concert we have to face something different AND so unfair.

It's not even a better organization or something it's just... :rolleyes:

Hi everybody.

It was the same for us cause we didn't have good numbers but some girls arrived at 6.30 this morning just to hear that they weren't the first one anymore and they had to leave their numbers to the mfc members.. Unfair, isn't it?

So they started off as #1 in the queue? What numbers were they given after the queue was reorganized?

Before everyone gets upset about third-hand information, let's find out what's going on first. Even the moderators don't necessarily bring badges to a gig, so this seems unlikely.

I'll see what I can find out.

Thanks for checking into this, Christine -- I'll see if I can find anything

out, as well. I know that Robertina is going to this show, but she's

not getting there until later, so she's not there to help organize the

queue. The MFC badges we have were never meant to guarantee

any priority treatment, only to help fans identify each other, so I'm not

sure what's going on with that at all. :boxed:

Anyway I'm hoping for some more clarification on how these queues are ordered as I've never been involved in this situation where there is a priority queue.

Thanks, me either. :(

So they started off as #1 in the queue? What numbers were they given after the queue was reorganized?

I just got Croce on the phone (by another person who's with her) because her iPhone ran out of battery. The MFCers were the first in the queue after the reorganisation, and also made the girls who arrived at 6:30 go from the first place to something like the 13th (according to what Croce told me). It doesn't matter for her and Arnaud because they're #82 and #83 and they still have this number, but it's not that fair for those people, sometimes the first people in the queue aren't from fanclubs but they, imo, are still fans... Going from #1 to #13 can seem not A LOT but it's still not that fair, furthermore, they aren't sooo many people early in the queue at the french shows (apart from Lyon and Bercy) :wink2:.

Anyway, thanks to you and dcdeb for trying to understand what is exactly going on ! :wink2:

The MFC badges we have were never meant to guarantee any priority treatment, only to help fans identify each other, so I'm not sure what's going on with that at all. :boxed:

It's weird. And all the MFCers don't own a MFC badge or always bring it to shows... :boxed:

Edited by slavaniet

Just read what people were writing on the issue on mikawebsite.com...

Tbh, is seems pretty weird to me that all of a sudden only MFC people should be given priority - and French fans who have been waiting since dawn are excluded. Why is that?

I mean, especially in France where many fans are not registered on the MFC but on one of the French forums (mikawebsite or Mikafrance).

MFC people are not better or "truer" Mika fans than any other fans! :boxed:

Besides, I don't think all MFCers always have their buttons with them on a concert...I don't.

I'm hoping for some clarification/first hand reports...

Edited by mariposa

Going from #1 to #13 can seem not A LOT but it's still not that fair, furthermore, they aren't sooo many people early in the queue at the french shows (apart from Lyon and Bercy) :wink2:.

Anyway, thanks to you and dcdeb for trying to understand what is exactly going on ! :wink2:

Thanks Slavaniet. I totally agree with you that it's not fair to give up your place to someone who arrived after you, no matter what numbers you have.

All I can tell you is that we did not arrange for this priority access on behalf of MFC and if this is what happened we'll try to find out why and what can be done to prevent any unfairness at other gigs.

All I can tell you is that we did not arrange for this priority access on behalf of MFC and if this is what happened we'll try to find out why and what can be done to prevent any unfairness at other gigs.

I totally understand that (so does Croce btw) because it's the first time that something like that happens and it feels weird...

It's weird. And all the MFCers don't own a MFC badge or always bring it to shows... :boxed:

I don't even own a MFC badge... And every time I have queued first people have given numbers to everyone who arrives early, MFCer or not. Well, I guess many French fans are members on MFC if not active. Interesting to hear more about this, thanks Christine!

Don't understand :shocked:

It seems unfair that only fans from MFC can be in a priority queue... :blink:

Especially in France. I know a lot of "REAL" fans who aren't registered as MFCers just because they don't speak English... :boxed:

Thanks Slavaniet. I totally agree with you that it's not fair to give up your place to someone who arrived after you, no matter what numbers you have.

Yes, I completely agree, too -- you should get your place based on when

you arrived. First come, first served, so to speak. I have no idea what's

going on here, or why things were done this way. :boxed:

I texted Robertina, but she's only just arrived at the venue. She's told me

that she can tell there is something wrong, but isn't sure what she can

do. Hopefully she'll be able to get back to me if she has a chance to find

out what's going on.

that's weird. :blink: at all the other gigs, numbers have been given in order of time of arrival, no matter whether mfc or not. ok well at the 2nd paris gig, the organization wasn't 100% fair imo either, as they stopped the list already at 80 (had been 150 the day before, which was ok with john) but then put some mfcers on the list who arrived later. was just very few i think who got a number later in the day, maybe 3 or 4, but still, this of course shouldn't be the rule.

in the end though, it's always up to those who organize the list what they do with it and how strict they are, that's a question of the personality of this person. :dunno: but sending non-mfcers who had been there earlier to the back of the queue certainly is something that everyone should be able to avoid! :sneaky2:

Don't understand :shocked:

It seems unfair that only fans from MFC can be in a priority queue... :blink:

Especially in France. I know a lot of "REAL" fans who aren't registered as MFCers just because they don't speak English... :boxed:

I totally agree or sometimes they are just registred on the MFC but never posted because they can't understand everything that is going on here, and they better go on a french (or any other language, depends of the country) board.

I don't even own a MFC badge...

Oh, you're not alone, I don't own mine too... :mf_rosetinted::roftl:

I don't even own a MFC badge...

What is a MFC badge?????I want one!:aah:

But,yes,i find very unfair for the non-MFC people to lose their place just because they are not a MFC member.If i wasn't a member and had queued from the very morming to get a nice place,they would have to pass over my dead body to take it from me...:boxing:

And,what time does the party starts?????:boing:

How sad it sounds to read those posts about the reorganization of the queueing system :blink: There are many fans who are not members of fanclubs but love Mika and go to his gigs, know all his songs... I could have been one of those people, I joined you last year only but was already addicted to Mika's song and universe since 2007 :shocked:

How sad it sounds to read those posts about the reorganization of the queueing system :blink: There are many fans who are not members of fanclubs but love Mika and go to his gigs, know all his songs... I could have been one of those people, I joined you last year only but was already addicted to Mika's song and universe since 2007 :shocked:

Yes, it's true there are plenty of fans who have not registered here. But as we

have said time and again, this isn't anything that we requested, and we

didn't know it was going to happen in advance. :dunno:

i just want to add something: at Marseille , john saw me , and introduced me to the french manager.this man was OK for 100 ppl on a special list ( i had already done it ) but he asked me if they were belonging to the official fan club!

i answered yes of course even if i didn't know some of them , because they had arrived at 9 and me and MFC/MWs members arrived later.

The list was made as usual, fist arrived , first served, i went myself to invite ppl waiting at different entrances to come to me and tell me at what time they arrived and we managed to do a list .