Blame It On The Girls Video

racinghorse83

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He looks AMAZING in this video! The bowler hat suits him, the whole outfit looks amazing, love the cane, love the new dance moves. Love the screen with the multi-mika's. Not crazy about the half-and-half outfits, but LOVE everything else about the video.

:wub2::wub2::wub2:

they all look like katy perry if you ask me :naughty:

BIOTG vid.

Thanks for posting Babs! :thumb_yello:

I quite liked the video but didn't think the dancers added anything to it tbh. Strangley enough it was very similar to how I imagined it would be, Mika looked lovely in it too, :wub2: I LOVED the pink bowler and the pink piano. My favourite bit was the multi screen thing with Mika doing funny things on it and I also liked how he messed the words up! :teehee::naughty:

I've just seen it because I was out for lunch with Alan. It's our wedding anniversary today. We've been married for 28 years!! Our son Steve recorded the video for me.

Anyway I've just seen it and it's SO COOL! I think it will appeal to a lot more people than the WAG video, and I have to say. I like it much better than that one. In one respect, it is simple, but in another respect, there is a lot going on! I love it!

I *love* this video. It's brilliant. The opening spoken part is superb, Mika's outfit is gorgeous (I want the hat!), the little chair dance bit leaves a little to be desired but it's quirky and I like it. The way he bangs the cane on the floor for the clapping bit is SUPERB, and the dancing from then on out I think is just brilliant. The first 55 seconds - the attitude is just fantastic.

Not sure about the half and half outfits, I love the idea but I don't like the girly half. Overall I think it's a great video, although it does lack a little 'oomph', I was expecting maybe something a little more extravagant to appear towards the end, but I love it all the same.

Oh, I think I love it :fangurl: I think I love it more than the WAG vid, much more... (is it possible?). The intro is brilliant, my favorite part :wub2: And I love his outfit so much. Not sure about those dancers... :biggrin2:

Me too; I love it more than the WAG vid. I really really love it!!

Thanks for posting Babs! :thumb_yello:

I quite liked the video but didn't think the dancers added anything to it tbh. Strangley enough it was very similar to how I imagined it would be, Mika looked lovely in it too, :wub2: I LOVED the pink bowler and the pink piano. My favourite bit was the multi screen thing with Mika doing funny things on it and I also liked how he messed the words up! :teehee::naughty:

Really? I think those dancers are really cool and I don't think I'd like the vid as much as I do if they weren't there:teehee:

Edited by Emerald

Ahhh, adorable!

I've always been a sucker for 2-gender-in-1 outfits, so I actually liked the dancers. And I kinda' liked that they weren't doing big, flare-y moves, too. Plus, the marionette moment was super-cute <3

And the outfit, with the capped sleeves, ahhh!! Delightful!

I *love* this video. It's brilliant. The opening spoken part is superb, Mika's outfit is gorgeous (I want the hat!), the little chair dance bit leaves a little to be desired but it's quirky and I like it. The way he bangs the cane on the floor for the clapping bit is SUPERB, and the dancing from then on out I think is just brilliant. The first 55 seconds - the attitude is just fantastic.

Not sure about the half and half outfits, I love the idea but I don't like the girly half. Overall I think it's a great video, although it does lack a little 'oomph', I was expecting maybe something a little more extravagant to appear towards the end, but I love it all the same.

Yes, yes, and yes!

I agree with very much of what you said!:thumb_yello:

Can I just add that I love the powder blue and powder pink but the dancers outfits (the orangey colour) don’t really fit in with that!

But in all it’s a lovely video and once more we have seen a new patch in the colourful Mika landscape!:wub2:

Mika I need to explain something to you - YOU ARE HOT.

You are exceptionally good looking to start with but due to your bone structure and eyes that only baby animals and anime characters normally possess you are freakishly photogenic and often appear as one of the most beautiful people in the world.

So why oh why do you go out of your way to make yourself look as unhot as possible in these videos? :aah:

That is the ONLY purpose of a music video. If people were only attracted to pop stars based on their music and didn't want to see how good you look they wouldn't have invented MTV and you wouldn't be making these videos in the first place.

Covering up your hair and shading your eyes with a hideous pink bowler hat is a crime against humanity. Where are all the close ups like we had on Jools Holland where we could see your warmth, your flirtatiousness and your PERSONALITY??

Okay with that out of the way let's get to the rest of this video...

The girls...cliche, cheesy, overdone, yadda, yadda, I think we can all see that. I could have lived with it if it was a better overall video. It is what it is.

My biggest problem is the lack of energy created by a lack of movement. Even when Mika is actually moving instead of lying on a couch (:aah:) there is no video movement. The scenes are not changing, the camera is not panning. In WAG those quick scene changes built up the momentum of the song, here the lack of it is dragging it down and just makes the whole thing look unpolished. The only time they get this right is at 1:32 and 2:10 which is ironically where I think people are complaining about him going in and out of frame.

I do like the very opening where he's talking and then the idea of the screens behind is brilliant, but the movement of his cane to emphasize the piano should have been punctuated with some scene changes of the "live" Mika to give it some more energy. Especially when he looks so awkward moving around in the chair before he gets up. :aah:

Okay I guess that's enough of a rant for now. Maybe one day I'll be able to watch it without wanting to jump into the screen and change everything and re-edit the whole thing afterwards. :teehee: