Rain Next Single -- Released 23/11

FREDDIESDOUBLE

To be honest, I'm surprised the record company did decide to release it the same time the CIN single came out, it pretty much always get to #1.

I know Rain is a strong song, but these charity songs are always popular with the older end of the market, so they get more sales.

Fingers crossed for Top 5:thumb_yello:

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I'm surprised the record company did decide to release it the same time the CIN single came out, it pretty much always get to #1.

I know Rain is a strong song, but these charity songs are always popular with the older end of the market, so they get more sales.

Fingers crossed for Top 5:thumb_yello:

Yeah- and people like me tend to buy it even if they don't like it much (I haven't heard this year's). But I'll wait a week

Edited by Soaring Simpson

Yeah- and people like me tend to buy it even if they don't like it much (I haven't heard this year's). But I'll wait a week

It's a dvd/cd, with lots of childrens tv characters from down the years (Pingu waddles on near the end:wub2:), and it's a montage of songs, but it's incredibly well done.

It's a dvd/cd, with lots of childrens tv characters from down the years (Pingu waddles on near the end:wub2:), and it's a montage of songs, but it's incredibly well done.

Yes, I've seen a snippet now- I like it and will be getting the video version

Ooft, spose I better get on iTunes and download it hadn't I?

You're damn tootin! Cheaper on Amazon though, if slightly different

Just found out that the single has officially entered the UK charts at #72. Am absolutely gutted... :sad:

72? 72? You are kidding? That's shocking. I just do not understand the charts. It's by far the best song out there at the moment, it deserved SO much better. And the acoustic version is absolutely fabulous. But the upside of all of this is that Mika has the talent and musical ability for longevity and if he plays his cards right he could be around long into the future when all the also-rans have fallen by the wayside.

I'm also shocked as Rain is one of the strongest songs (single-wise) on the album, the only thing we can HOPE for is that the single jumps up the charts next week !!! .In all due respect the single has had very low promotion in fact i've hardly heard the song on the radio !!! i'm mean how can people buy a song if they don't it exist's. Personally this is a fault on the record companies side !!! :sneaky2: not happy AT ALL !!!:furious:

This is not the first time this has happened to these poor hard working artist's !!!, i've know this happen to the likes of Scissor Sisters,Elton John adn even Michael Jackson to name a few ... such a waste of good songs ... it's a if the record companies are just too lazy sometimes !!! :sneaky2:, this is one of the things as to why i hate the business side of Music !!!

Edited by John Alan

now that's fantastic... they finally managed to change the release date of "rain" on the german mikaounds website... TO JANUARY!!!! :aah::boxed: jan 22nd. this drives me mad, WTF are they thinking?! :hair::mad3:

Again? WTF??:hair: If they go on like this, they'll never release it:sneaky2:

:boxed:

Rain is going to be in Top 10 in this week's French Charts!!!! :biggrin2:

"Au niveau des singles physiques, Jena Lee poursuit son règne avec "J'aimerais tellement", n°1, rejoint par Edward Maya avec "Stereo Love", l'entrée de Black Eyed Peas - un single en chassant un autre, avec "Meet Me Halfway", Tom Frager & Gwayav' avec l'ex-n°1 "Lady Melody", et enfin une second entrée, celle de MIKA avec le tube "Rain".

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Renaud/news-69044.html

Edited by Menthe

update on the german mikasounds website, rain to be released in germany on january 8th. that's the 3rd release date we're getting now, so i've given up to believe anything they write! :aah:

I think it is full chaos and confusion all around. What is happening? :blink:

He should have released second single with the album actually and also at the same time in all countries of Europe.