Mika in ITALY again! November 8th AND 9th, 2009!

robertina

There are special medical shoes called Adimed for this kind of injury. They look like normal Converts. Maybe his foot is now thin enough so he can wear this shoe now. Normally you have to wear this shoe for six weeks day and night.

http://www.schuhhaus-boeker.de/ortho/adimed.html

Wish I'd had a pair of those when I did my foot in, they look alright.

Knowing what it's like to have this happen, I worry that he's not taking care of his foot properly. I was off mine for a whole week before I started walking on it with the crutches, and then I didn't go far, and it was a month before I could start to drive again.

So, I'm hoping that he's getting plenty of rest on it in between all these appearances.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I'd had a pair of those when I did my foot in, they look alright.

Knowing what it's like to have this happen, I worry that he's not taking care of his foot properly. I was off mine for a whole week before I started walking on it with the crutches, and then I didn't go far, and it was a month before I could start to drive again.

So, I'm hoping that he's getting plenty of rest on it in between all these appearances.

considering his tight schedule, I'd not bet on plenty of rest at the moment for him.. :boxed:

considering his tight schedule, I'd not bet on plenty of rest at the moment for him.. :boxed:

well, i think at least he had 3 days off now, anyway no appearances that we knew of, or did i miss something? :blink: but apart from that, you're right.

isn't any of the italians back from the tv studio yet? :blink: would love to hear about the meeting with mika! or maybe they're partying with him somewhere. :naughty:

edit: ah, just saw it's in the twitter update thread. :bleh:

he did not mime!!! well done mika!

he sang live and very well too, even if the base was there tolisten.

the group was all mixed up but cherisse! :roftl:

martin and jmmy on keyboards, imma on guitar and david as backsinger!

he was not wearing the boot, but normall converse shoes!:thumb_yello:

jeans, tshirt and a yellow striped red jacket.

he looked a bit tired, but always shining light! :wub2:

I'm very relieved to see that he didn't mime. I'm sorry, but if they really insisted on him miming, I would have expected him to tell them to stick it, and I'd been very disappointed in him if he went along with the performance not really singing. His principles as a musician are far more important than some TV appearance, and I would never want to see him selling his soul like that.

What sort of crappy program expects their "musicians" to mime anyway? Isn't that really bad?

In any case, I'm happy that he didn't mime. I wouldn't have expected any less from him :thumb_yello:.

I'm very relieved to see that he didn't mime. I'm sorry, but if they really insisted on him miming, I would have expected him to tell them to stick it, and I'd been very disappointed in him if he went along with the performance not really singing. His principles as a musician are far more important than some TV appearance, and I would never want to see him selling his soul like that.

What sort of crappy program expects their "musicians" to mime anyway? Isn't that really bad?

In any case, I'm happy that he didn't mime. I wouldn't have expected any less from him :thumb_yello:.

From a technical perspective it's a LOT easier if artists mime, especially if the performance is live - although I don't know if this one is. Loads of things can go wrong with sound levels, etc so they like to play it on the safe side and have people mime. But then you get proper musicians come in and kick up a fuss if they're asked to do such things. Bloody right too.

Thanks for posting the link. He looked a bit tired and awkward at the end of the interview, but I think I would too because the host sort of started doing her own thing away from him and he's just standing there.

I caught him saying that he's going to be doing the Radio City Music hall in NY?! When is that going to be? Does that mean he's doing another tour in the US?

Found this on twitter

cool, t4p! :thumb_yello: didn't get much of the interview though, as they were speaking over his voice. :sneaky2: caught about what the topics were i think, but that's it. damn, i should learn italian, i like it much more than french but i understand french better! :aah:

it gave me a strange feeling to watch this when i know that his foot surely isn't ok yet, it actually felt painful for me to see when he used his left foot and danced! :boxed: and you DO still notice that it's not ok yet if you know about his injury, during the interview he was standing on his right foot all the time, and during the song you can see it too. arrgh mika!!! :aah::sneaky2:

wonka, about the band, think it might've been just for fun, jimmy+imma tweeted about it and said it was fun. :wink2: imma said that she used to play the guitar in a girl punk band when she was younger.

Thanks for posting the link. He looked a bit tired and awkward at the end of the interview, but I think I would too because the host sort of started doing her own thing away from him and he's just standing there.

I caught him saying that he's going to be doing the Radio City Music hall in NY?! When is that going to be? Does that mean he's doing another tour in the US?

I would think, if he does do it, it won't be until after the Asian shows.

Not only for time, but if he performs within a 6 week period from his last show, he'll be liable to pay tax.

Echo and The Bunnymen cancelled a show, for this very reason last week.

wonka, about the band, think it might've been just for fun, jimmy+imma tweeted about it and said it was fun. :wink2: imma said that she used to play the guitar in a girl punk band when she was younger.

Oh, cool!:thumb_yello:

Jimmy&Imma brought some *more* insanity to Mikaland...:naughty:

According to his last twitpics, Jimmy hasn't been very hungry lately...:mf_rosetinted:

cool, t4p! :thumb_yello: didn't get much of the interview though, as they were speaking over his voice. :sneaky2: caught about what the topics were i think, but that's it. damn, i should learn italian, i like it much more than french but i understand french better! :aah:

it gave me a strange feeling to watch this when i know that his foot surely isn't ok yet, it actually felt painful for me to see when he used his left foot and danced! :boxed: and you DO still notice that it's not ok yet if you know about his injury, during the interview he was standing on his right foot all the time, and during the song you can see it too. arrgh mika!!! :aah::sneaky2:

OMG and he is not wearing a special medical shoe as I hoped he would do.

Not only for time, but if he performs within a 6 week period from his last show, he'll be liable to pay tax.

not sure if Mika's dual citizenship might get him round that - but don't know enough to be sure :aah:

not sure if Mika's dual citizenship might get him round that - but don't know enough to be sure :aah:

It doesn't matter. The Radio City Christmas show starts in a few days and will run through the rest of the year so he won't be doing it in 2009.

He DID say something about going back to Mexico City in 2010 during his interview on the radio show. My Spanish isn't great, so I could be mistaken.

If/when he comes back to North America, I'm thinking summer/fall 2010 really.

He DID say something about going back to Mexico City in 2010 during his interview on the radio show. My Spanish isn't great, so I could be mistaken.

If/when he comes back to North America, I'm thinking summer/fall 2010 really.

I think I caught him say that to someone, in one of the airport videos too.

none of us was at the show but some of us were outside the studios.

he's def limping a lot, he's not wearing the boot but some shoes that help him walking and his ankle is all bound up.

What about the crutches? Please say he's still got them!