Mika and Boyzone: how he 'gave it all away'- the Sun

robertina

Just reading some of your boyzone fan quotes here and for sure it cant be easy and we feel for you , knowing how many of us have followed Mika , how our lives are defined in some ways by him , the community and also how friendships and memories have formed here .. to even think of the same thing with our star would be not even worth thinking about .. sending you all a massive virtual hug:wub2:

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The song really does have that Mika stamp on it...and the video is very moving.

Thanks for posting the articles. And thanks to the Boyzone fans for visiting us here on MFC, and joining in the discussions. We can't even begin to imagine your feelings right now, hearing a new song with Stephen's voice.:tears:

I hope it goes to #1. :wub2:

I agree. This must be a bittersweet time for the BZ fans. On the one hand there is a brilliant new single, on the other hand, Stephen isn't around anymore. But I think he will be smiling down on his fans right now.

It was wonderful how BZ met Mika in LA, as it's obvious the song was always meant for BZ to record. I love the way things have turned out, and that the song will always be there to make people remember Stephen Gately, who died so tragically young.

The song really does have that Mika stamp on it...and the video is very moving.

Thanks for posting the articles. And thanks to the Boyzone fans for visiting us here on MFC, and joining in the discussions. We can't even begin to imagine your feelings right now, hearing a new song with Stephen's voice.:tears:

I hope it goes to #1. :wub2:

I agree, it must feel awful.. I don't know how I could listen if it was Mika's last song, and the last time we would hear his voice, besides our CD's(etc.), it has got to be a tragic event :tears:

I've had the song stuck in my head all day without having listened to it at first. It's obviously catchy :naughty: It's also cool to see how it's all over the internet now.

@DEMI & toy_girl_mika: Kodes posted the lyrics earlier on :thumb_yello:

Hiya,

I'm a STEPHEN GATELY fan.

Nice to read all your comments.

Just thought I'd let you know that they will play the song tomorrow on Chris Moyles show as well.

I hope all the Mika fans will support this song 100%. Let's not dwell on the fact that Mika didn't want to give BZ the song in the first place and instead concentrate on making this song a hit. Boyzone themself actually never said a bad word against Mika.

I think there are quite a few people on here that don't know much about Stephen. Hope it's ok to post some YT clips to show you who he was?

Stephen singing Bring him home on the lyrics board:

Stephen's solo single I believe - it was on the Soundtrack for Billy Elliott:

And my all time fave BRIGHTER DAY - written by Stephen himself for a Panto he starred in as Dandini:

And one clip that shows how much Stephen's voice has improved during the last few year, singing I can't make you love me with Boyzone on an asian show in 2008:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz2GFe9fgtM

I can't tell you all how hard the last 3 months have been. I never cried so many tears in my whole life. You are all so lucky that you still have Mika alive and happy. I hope you all know how good you've got it and hope you appreciate every day with Mika. It could be over any day, never forget that! I never thought that Stephen would leave us at just 33 years of age. It was such a big shock. He was such an amazing person and so down to earth. I've met him over 100 times and he was just a wonderful, kind and good guy. He will be sadly missed by so many.

R.I.P. Stephen

Hi, welcome here :bye: Thanks for sharing info and thoughts; I will definitely support this song. Have watched the videos too :wink2:

I know my imagination can't give me a real impression of what your situation feels like, but I know it is horrible anyway. I have again realized that we need to cherish every moment. Sending big hugs to you :huglove:

Here -

BOYZONE - GAVE IT ALL AWAY

I.. Will learn to live befor I die.

Will learn to love and learn to try.

Not to give it all away.

She.. Maybe the one thats meant for me.

Or for the man that I used to be ..used be.

Till I gave it all away.

Why ..I I I, I Lay my heart down on the floor.

I showed you love but you wanted more more more.

But I Gave it all away.

I E I E I E I, cry E I E I E I

You.. Taught me to see the bitter truth.

About yourself, But about me too.

I was stupid over you, what could I do?

Why I I I ,I Lay my heart down on floor.

I showed you love but you wanted more more more more

But I gave it all away.

Why I I I, I Lay my heart down on floor.

But I gave it all away.

Some people wait a lifetime for a chance like this.

I've waited enough baby you know I wont let you go.

I'm Sick of tears and bitter fears.

Unna na we oh unna na we oh weo oh weoh

I showed you love but you wanted more more more

But I Gave it all away.

Thank you!

I like the song so far. Stephens voice is amazing! So is the other guy (I apologize to Boyzone fans that I don't know his name. Is it Rohan/something similar?) Makes me want to hear their other songs.

To all the Boyzone fans who came here: Thank you and I'm sorry for what you have to go though. It would be hard for me to do the same I think if it was Mika instead of Stephens. *Shudders*

I agree, it must feel awful.. I don't know how I could listen if it was Mika's last song, and the last time we would hear his voice, besides our CD's(etc.), it has got to be a tragic event :tears:

Yeah.... :tears:

Ms. Wonka - thank you so much for spit-up 206 since you started posting on a regular basis.:shocked::roftl::roftl:

I don't think so either.

There have been a few "bits" of Mika songs which have made me think of other songs (not really that many) but GIAA didn't remind me of anything.

I really really like it too.

These are the lyrics - that I can make out.

They are beautiful with the music or alone.

Bravo & Kudos Mika.:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

BOYZONE - GAVE IT ALL AWAY

I.. Will learn to live befor I die.

Will learn to love and learn to try.

Not to give it all away.

She.. Maybe the one thats meant for me.

Or for the man that I used to be ..used be.

Till I gave it all away.

Why ..I I I, I Lay my heart down on the floor.

I showed you love but you wanted more more more.

But I Gave it all away.

You.. Taught me to see the bitter truth.

About yourself, But about me too.

I was stupid over you, what could I do?

Why I I I ,I Lay my heart down on floor.

But I gave it all away.

But I gave it all away.

Some people wait a lifetime for a chance like this.

I've waited enough baby you know I wont let you go.

I'm Sick of tears and bitter fears.

I showed you love but you wanted more more more

But I Gave it all away.

Thanks for the lyrics Kodes100

do you think he's been busy on this song and stuff, and that's why he's been hiding for the last few weeks? i want this song number 1

The song's been written at least two years ago. I can't see Mika being busy with that now :naughty: He did say he'd booked studio time in January though (if I recall correctly :blink:).

I've listened to the song again just a few moments ago, and I don't know if it's because I'm in a moody mood today, feeling as if I could cry every second, or because the song actually has...something. :tears: And reading the lyrics all over again now,made me think about the song from a different point of view.

PerfectAngel, your post has made me think. Especially the part where you said this

"I can't tell you all how hard the last 3 months have been. I never cried so many tears in my whole life. You are all so lucky that you still have Mika alive and happy. I hope you all know how good you've got it and hope you appreciate every day with Mika. It could be over any day, never forget that! I never thought that Stephen would leave us at just 33 years of age. It was such a big shock. He was such an amazing person and so down to earth. I've met him over 100 times and he was just a wonderful, kind and good guy. He will be sadly missed by so many."

And I realise... How RIGHT you are! Losing Stephen was, undoubtedly, more than a horror for you, more than a shock. For all BoyZone and Stephen Gately fans. I've thought a lot about how would it be if something (GOD FORBID) happened to Mika and if it wasn't... the way it is now, you know? Stephen died so young and I'm sure he will be missed by many, like you said.

I'm very sorry for your loss guys, again :emot-sad: I'll support this song for both Mika and BoyZone, and hopefully it'll get right up to #1! I'm sure Stephen would have loved it.

And of course... Welcome to the MFC. :bye:

The song's been written at least two years ago. I can't see Mika being busy with that now :naughty: He did say he'd booked studio time in January though (if I recall correctly :blink:).

Yes that is correct. :wink2: I can't imagine Mika working on new material though, still have the feeling as if TBWKTM was released only yesterday. :blink:

Yes that is correct. :wink2: I can't imagine Mika working on new material though, still have the feeling as if TBWKTM was released only yesterday. :blink:

Ah, thanks for reassuring :teehee:

Yeah it's true that the release of TBWKTM isn't that long ago. Yet I can imagine him working on new songs...maybe some he'd play at the gigs.

now how do you rime "eh" with 13 or 83?

are you saying 1 then 3 and rime it with 8 then 3?

apparently i'm "guy" :naughty: funny though, english people call me that in real life also. that and "g"

how you guys figured that out, i'll never know!:aah:

Yeah you have been Guy to me for a long time now. :aah:

He also said he was releasing a new tour in January :fisch:

the month's not over yet :naughty:

Am I the only one who finds it odd that Mika hasn't mentioned the singleat all? No mention on his blog/site, not even his twitter. Wouldn't he want his fans to know? I could be missing something but....

:dunno: it's high time for him to tweet anyway :sneaky2: in fact I guess it could still show up on MS the next few days or something...

superstar - March 1st is the physical release :wink2:

Just reading some of your boyzone fan quotes here and for sure it cant be easy and we feel for you , knowing how many of us have followed Mika , how our lives are defined in some ways by him , the community and also how friendships and memories have formed here .. to even think of the same thing with our star would be not even worth thinking about .. sending you all a massive virtual hug:wub2:

:wub2:

Ah, thanks for reassuring :teehee:

Yeah it's true that the release of TBWKTM isn't that long ago. Yet I can imagine him working on new songs...maybe some he'd play at the gigs.

Actually I think he's got a lot of songs in his pocket, perhaps some that he wrote when he was a lot younger, in the LICM era for example,but he works on them later (Like he did with "I'm Falling" = "I See You").

Again, he did say he'd written over 40 songs for his 2nd album, but of course, him and Greg Wells had to pick only the very best of those. :biggrin2:

I'm pretty sure he's booked studio now as to make demos, and that he'll really record them and fully work on the songs in October/November 2010 (if I recall correctly that is :aah: I know he said he'd booked studio for January and either October or November).

By the way, playing new songs on his European tour sounds yummy:wub2:

Am I the only one who finds it odd that Mika hasn't mentioned the singleat all? No mention on his blog/site, not even his twitter. Wouldn't he want his fans to know? I could be missing something but....

Yuppers! :roftl::roftl:

Mika isn't talking about anything lately.:shocked:

The last time he tweeted was Jan. 6 after getting fans curious about where he was.

I don't think it is odd - Mika is odd - hey it comes with the package.:roftl::roftl:

Plus - shouldn't Boyzone be in the spotlight for at least the first few days?

I am just thinking that Mika is letting them shine - it is their song now.

Edited by Kodes100

Actually I think he's got a lot of songs in his pocket, perhaps some that he wrote when he was a lot younger, in the LICM era for example,but he works on them later (Like he did with "I'm Falling" = "I See You").

Again, he did say he'd written over 40 songs for his 2nd album, but of course, him and Greg Wells had to pick only the very best of those. :biggrin2:

I'm pretty sure he's booked studio now as to make demos, and that he'll really record them and fully work on the songs in October/November 2010 (if I recall correctly that is :aah: I know he said he'd booked studio for January and either October or November).

By the way, playing new songs on his European tour sounds yummy:wub2:

Wasn't it 60? :naughty:

demos...yeah could be. I like the idea of new songs for the tour too :naughty: Could as well have been wishful thinking :roftl:

But I do agree with Kodes, this thread is about Boyzone actually.