Mika and Boyzone: how he 'gave it all away'- the Sun

robertina

The single is released one week beforehand but radio should be playing it by January 8 or so."

I remember that!! also found that article

not released in UK yet????

can't wait.......:teehee:

Yeah, wikipedia say airplay will begin on the 8th of January or later, but I also just read somewhere that it will be the 18th of January for airplay to begin :dunno:

Ooops beaten to it :blush-anim-cl:

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found an other date: "I gave it all away" should be played the 1st time on Ronan Keating's radioshow on Magic 105.4 the 18th of January. I don't have any link to confirm this though, I found it here: http://buzztter.com/en/k/%22stephen%20gately%22%20OR%20boyzone%20OR%20rove :naughty:

Yeah, wikipedia say airplay will begin on the 8th of January or later, but I also just read somewhere that it will be the 18th of January for airplay to begin :dunno:

The sooner the better.

I can't wait to hear "I Gave It All Away!"

Bravo Boyzone & Mika!!

I thought as a Boyzone fan I would pop over and say Hi:thumb_yello: I guess over the next few weeks we will all have a joint interest with the release of I Gave It All Away. We hope very much that we can all work together to make sure this song a big hit. That will be good for Mika who wrote the track, Boyzone who have recorded the song and most importantly for Stephen Gately R.I.P. who the song will be dedicated to.

I thought you would be interested to know that the very first play will be by Ronan on his Magic 105.4 show on Sunday the 17th of Jan. It will then go to UK radio on the 18th of Jan. The video will get it's first airing on Sky News on Monday the 18th where there will also be an interview with Ronan and Keith from Boyzone.

There will obviously be a lot of media attention on this song which will also be very good for Mika's profile too. So it will be lovely if we can also get the backing of Mika's huge fanbase, and Boyzone's own fans to make sure this single is a number one hit:biggrin2:

Thanx for your time

Sarah x

I thought as a Boyzone fan I would pop over and say Hi:thumb_yello: I guess over the next few weeks we will all have a joint interest with the release of I Gave It All Away. We hope very much that we can all work together to make sure this song a big hit. That will be good for Mika who wrote the track, Boyzone who have recorded the song and most importantly for Stephen Gately R.I.P. who the song will be dedicated to.

I thought you would be interested to know that the very first play will be by Ronan on his Magic 105.4 show on Sunday the 17th of Jan. It will then go to UK radio on the 18th of Jan. The video will get it's first airing on Sky News on Monday the 18th where there will also be an interview with Ronan and Keith from Boyzone.

There will obviously be a lot of media attention on this song which will also be very good for Mika's profile too. So it will be lovely if we can also get the backing of Mika's huge fanbase, and Boyzone's own fans to make sure this single is a number one hit:biggrin2:

Thanx for your time

Sarah x

Thanks so much Sarah :biggrin2:

Welcome to the MFC and we hope the same too :thumb_yello:

Bravo Boyzone & Mika!!

:blink: Have I missed something or you have congratulated them on a song you have not heard yet? :blink:

( :teehee: )

Sarah x

Hi Sarah,

:welcomeani: to MFC

Thank you for the news and the kind words. If you represent Boyzone fans, they should all be proud of you:thumb_yello:

Let us know if we can help with anything, although I don't think the song will need any additional support since I am pretty sure it will be catchy and very much 'Boyzone' like. (I mean, there must have been a reason they chose to record it a couple of years ago:wink2: )

Looking forward to further posts from you :thumb_yello:

I thought as a Boyzone fan I would pop over and say Hi:thumb_yello: I guess over the next few weeks we will all have a joint interest with the release of I Gave It All Away.

viannen_01.gif

What a lovely first post! Thanks for the info. I'm sure this song will be huge and very worthy being dedicated to Stephen Gately.

Thanx for your time

Sarah x

Hi there Boyzone fan! It's wonderful to hear from you!

Thank you for the info you provided. What time is Ronan's show on Magic Radio on 17th?

I Saw Ronan's interview on This Morning a while back. He's such a sweetheart.

I can't wait to hear the song. Mika wrote it, so it will be fabulous and Stephen, God rest his soul, had the kind of wonderful voice to get the very best out of the song.

I agree, it is an exciting time for all of us, and yes, we do want the song to be a huge hit. A number one top selling single no less.

Mika does have a big fanbase, but not all are on the forum. I suggest you follow Mika on Twitter @mikasounds as he has a lot more followers there, and your tweets will be read by more people.

There is also his myspace page and he's on facebook too.

I hope that's been of some help! Welcome the the Mika forum! I'm so happy that the song will be dedicated to Stephen Gately

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

Thankyou for kind and warm welcome:wub2:

Let us know if we can help with anything, although I don't think the song will need any additional support since I am pretty sure it will be catchy and very much 'Boyzone' like. (I mean, there must have been a reason they chose to record it a couple of years ago:wink2: )

Yes I'm sure the song will be great, there have been a couple of Tweets from media people that have heard and so far it's all been positive, infact they have said how wonderful Stephen sounds - so that bodes well.:thumb_yello:

However, as for additional help, as you well know these days with the way the industry works airplay is never a given thing, so its nice to know that we can count on the Mika fans with some extra voting, and requesting if needed. I will keep you all informed once the single goes to air.

Bye 4 now

Sarah x

Just seen your post Marilyn, Yes Ronan is a sweet heart I have met him several times and he is just as he is on TV. His Radio show is on between 2pm and 4pm. I will take your advise and keep a watch on twitter @mikasounds.

Edited by Boyzone girl
adding more text

I thought as a Boyzone fan I would pop over and say Hi:thumb_yello: I guess over the next few weeks we will all have a joint interest with the release of I Gave It All Away. We hope very much that we can all work together to make sure this song a big hit.

Hi Sarah, thanks for joining MFC and introducing yourself. :welcomeani:

I was just this minute wondering when the song was going to debut on the air (I live in Canada so won't hear anything about it in our media). I'll be listening next week as I've been wondering for years what Boyzone's version sounds like. I'm really glad they worked it out with Mika and it's being released now.

I have a lot of confidence in it being a success but as you say nothing is guaranteed. I'm sure we'll be glad to help wherever we can.

Thanx for your time

Sarah x

Welcome to the MFC Sarah!:welcomeani::welcomeani:

Thanks so much for the news.

I was looking & couldn't find it released anywhere - yet.

I can't wait!!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Thankyou for kind and warm welcome:wub2:

Yes I'm sure the song will be great, there have been a couple of Tweets from media people that have heard and so far it's all been positive, infact they have said how wonderful Stephen sounds - so that bodes well.:thumb_yello:

However, as for additional help, as you well know these days with the way the industry works airplay is never a given thing, so its nice to know that we can count on the Mika fans with some extra voting, and requesting if needed. I will keep you all informed once the single goes to air.

Bye 4 now

Sarah x

Just seen your post Marilyn, Yes Ronan is a sweet heart I have met him several times and he is just as he is on TV. His Radio show is on between 2pm and 4pm. I will take your advise and keep a watch on twitter @mikasounds.

Thank you for replying to me. Mika also has a website http://www.mikasounds.com where you can post and interract with others who use the site. There is also http://www.mikafans.net

I will certainly be buying the single when it comes out, and I'm certain all other Mika fans will do so as well.

Can't wait to hear the song. Thank you for telling us the time of Ronan's radio show.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

BUMP!!!

Just thought I'd bump this poor thread, to tell anyone who reads it that tomorrow (Sun 17th Jan) Ronan Keating will be playing GAVE IT ALL AWAY for the first time, on his radio show, between 2 and 4pm.

It's on Magic Radio (104.5)

This info was suplied by a Boyzone fan named Sarah. If you look back a bit in the thread, you will see how she came onto the thread to say hi to the Mika fans.

BUMP!!!

Just thought I'd bump this poor thread, to tell anyone who reads it that tomorrow (Sun 17th Jan) Ronan Keating will be playing GAVE IT ALL AWAY for the first time, on his radio show, between 2 and 4pm.

This info was suplied by a Boyzone fan named Sarah. If you look back a bit in the thread, you will see how she came onto the thread to say hi to the Mika fans.

Good bump Marilyn!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I can't wait!:hypo::hypo:

i don't know if that info's here on the thread already, but mikey from boyzone has tweeted that the single will be released on march 1st. :wink2:

cool, so i can buy a copy in london in case it's not (or only much later) released in germany. :biggrin2:

i don't know if that info's here on the thread already, but mikey from boyzone has tweeted that the single will be released on march 1st. :wink2:

cool, so i can buy a copy in london in case it's not (or only much later) released in germany. :biggrin2:

Cool beans! Will lookout for it :thumb_yello:

BUMP!!!

Thanks for reminding us Marilyn. :thumb_yello:

I can't listen to that radio station, it's UK only, but I'm sure it'll be on YouTube soon. :biggrin2:

I also can't understand why some fans don't seem to like the song and think it's cheesy! It's a MIKA SONG!!! In my view, that means it will be great! I can't wait to hear it!

I've got a song on my computer that I think is Gave It All Away, and I don't like it... it definitely sounds like a Boyzone song to me, so I'm very curious to hear what their version sounds like...

Can't listen online from outside the UK:sneaky2: HuH!

So I too will be waiting for someone to record it:aah:

*waits impatiently*

Sucks not being in the UK sometimes..

That's great! March 1st is the same day as Mika's second London gig, so I'll probably buy it the next day when I come back home from London