REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS for MIKA at Little Noise Sessions in London 18-11-2009

Christine

Jazzy I don't recall how many times I have accessed your vid of Any Other World in the last two days.

I do know that everytime I watch it I get chills.

I can't imagine what it was like to see this particular performance live?

I probably would have sat/stood with my mouth open.

It is hauntingly beautiful.

The sound with Mika & The King's Singers is so pure.

I did wonder if they'd do it, and I was really excited about the prospect of seeing it one more time and I'm so glad they did. From that first note that the King's Singers did I knew EXACTLY what they were all about to sing and my insides went squishy and I just totally spazzed. I can't tell you how amazing it was.

Having it in a seated venue as well REALLY helps you appreciate the music - there's no shoving, no pushing, no discomfort. I was just leaning on the little ledge that came out of the pew in front watching in awe. It was completely magnificent. I can't get over it. I think I'm gonna try and tell him in February how amazing it was - I didn't really get a chance on Wednesday, it was all so manic, but hopefully at one of the quieter gigs I'll get a chance to talk to him properly.

I keep watching little bits all over again, though I have sat through the whole concert quite a few times. I started dancing around my room when I was watching Lollipop and Love Today, it was fab. I think my absolute favourite bit is at the end of Billy Brown though, if you watch it, you'll know what I mean. He looks over to the King's Singers all smug and it's hilarious. :naughty:

[/essay]

• Replies 589
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did wonder if they'd do it, and I was really excited about the prospect of seeing it one more time and I'm so glad they did. From that first note that the King's Singers did I knew EXACTLY what they were all about to sing and my insides went squishy and I just totally spazzed. I can't tell you how amazing it was.

Having it in a seated venue as well REALLY helps you appreciate the music - there's no shoving, no pushing, no discomfort. I was just leaning on the little ledge that came out of the pew in front watching in awe. It was completely magnificent. I can't get over it. I think I'm gonna try and tell him in February how amazing it was - I didn't really get a chance on Wednesday, it was all so manic, but hopefully at one of the quieter gigs I'll get a chance to talk to him properly.

I keep watching little bits all over again, though I have sat through the whole concert quite a few times. I started dancing around my room when I was watching Lollipop and Love Today, it was fab. I think my absolute favourite bit is at the end of Billy Brown though, if you watch it, you'll know what I mean. He looks over to the King's Singers all smug and it's hilarious. :naughty:

[/essay]

WOW!

In that venue as well.

I looked up the web page for the Union Chapel.

The photos are amazing.

I truly hope you get the opportunity to tell Mika in February how touched you were.

Yes, I watched all of your vids - more than once.

I like the little parts where Mika slips up, stops things, acts up for the audience.

It is going to awhile before I move on past this show.

WOW!

In that venue as well.

I looked up the web page for the Union Chapel.

The photos are amazing.

I truly hope you get the opportunity to tell Mika in February how touched you were.

Yes, I watched all of your vids - more than once.

I like the little parts where Mika slips up, stops things, acts up for the audience.

It is going to awhile before I move on past this show.

Yeah, it was really gorgeously lit too, though when the performers were on they did these weird flares with the lights which my camera didn't like so much. It is a really great venue. I had a fab view the whole time, I'd recommend it to anyone, no matter who you're seeing.

Well, I'm seeing him more times than I can really justify so with any luck I'll have the opportunity.

His slip ups are the best. The way he just wags his finger at the beginning of Any Other World and is like 'nooo stop!!' He's so adorable! :wub2:

My jaw was dragging on the ground during Any Other World. It's my favourite song to hear live and it was just beautiful with the King Singers.

If that's the last time I hear it live (and I have a depressing suspicion it may well be) at least I know that it's the best performance he has EVER given of it, and it was something special. I was upset that he messed it up and skipped it at Sadler's Wells, but it was made better by him going straight into My Interpretation so it's swings and roundabouts really.

I totally agree, it was so emotional to be there and hear AOW and OMS, a truly special evening.:)

I totally agree, it was so emotional to be there and hear AOW and OMS, a truly special evening.:)

Absolutely. OMS just filled the whole room and I don't think there was a single person in there who could take their eyes off of him. I could barely breath during it - I didn't want to make any noise, haha!

Totally gorgeous.

What was everyone's favourite performance?

I think mine was By The Time...simply because it's the first time we've heard it live and it was completely unexpected...on my part anyway lol.

I'm tied between that, OMS and Any Other World. I can't pick between the three. By the Time was GORGEOUS though. Especially with the King's Singers doing the "dum dum dum dum ka-dum dum dum". It was perfect.

Absolutely. OMS just filled the whole room and I don't think there was a single person in there who could take their eyes off of him. I could barely breath during it - I didn't want to make any noise, haha!

Totally gorgeous.

So lovely to have shared the evening with so many like-minded people - something I'll never forget.

I'm tied between that, OMS and Any Other World. I can't pick between the three. By the Time was GORGEOUS though. Especially with the King's Singers doing the "dum dum dum dum ka-dum dum dum". It was perfect.

Hahaha i love the "ka-dum" bits. They're so random :roftl:

remember our little wander round London with me singing BTT? "It's the early mooorrrn...ka-dum...light's flick on...sleepy eyes peek through the KA-DUM blinds at something wrong..." :roftl:

So lovely to have shared the evening with so many like-minded people - something I'll never forget.

Yeah, you could really tell everyone there was there for the music and not because they just happened to stumble on some tickets. It was brill.

Hahaha i love the "ka-dum" bits. They're so random :roftl:

remember our little wander round London with me singing BTT? "It's the early mooorrrn...ka-dum...light's flick on...sleepy eyes peek through the KA-DUM blinds at something wrong..." :roftl:

I do remember that and I think the Ka-dums will forever remind me of that, hahaha. And omg when your alarm went off it was the NICEST thing to wake up to. I'm gonna change mine to that so I can wake up to it. Is it weird I tried to find my phone cos I thought it was mine going off in my state of sleepy silliness?

Argggh you've got the ka-dums stuck in my head now.

I absolutely cannot say just one,..

Best new version of a song: Grace Kelly

Mika's voice / singing at its best: Lady Jane

Best arrangement by the King's Singers: By the Time

Best performed: Toy Boy

:biggrin2:

PS: but Over My Shoulder was haunting & Any Other World was beautiful too :wub2:

+ the rest :mf_lustslow:as performed at the gigs:thumb_yello:

Edited by suzie

I do remember that and I think the Ka-dums will forever remind me of that, hahaha. And omg when your alarm went off it was the NICEST thing to wake up to. I'm gonna change mine to that so I can wake up to it. Is it weird I tried to find my phone cos I thought it was mine going off in my state of sleepy silliness?

Argggh you've got the ka-dums stuck in my head now.

Yeah, it's so peaceful. I was in such a deep sleep though that I didn't even hear the first few noties. It wasn't until Mika was singing that I realised my alarm was going off :aah:

Yeah, it's so peaceful. I was in such a deep sleep though that I didn't even hear the first few noties. It wasn't until Mika was singing that I realised my alarm was going off :aah:

I think I woke when it was 'it's the early mornnnn' and I completely missed the 'Don't wake up won't wake up can't wake up, no, don't wake me up' bit. So I guess my brain just followed instructions until he moved onto the verse. :roftl:

I have actually just changed my alarm tone to that. It was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eELdQsrVP9A

Definitely gets you out of bed in the morning, hahaha.

I think I woke when it was 'it's the early mornnnn' and I completely missed the 'Don't wake up won't wake up can't wake up, no, don't wake me up' bit. So I guess my brain just followed instructions until he moved onto the verse. :roftl:

I have actually just changed my alarm tone to that. It was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eELdQsrVP9A

Definitely gets you out of bed in the morning, hahaha.

LMAO just a bit! "I'MA HIT YOU FROM THE BACK I-I-I'MA HIT YOU FROM THE BACK" hahaha :roftl:

LMAO just a bit! "I'MA HIT YOU FROM THE BACK I-I-I'MA HIT YOU FROM THE BACK" hahaha :roftl:

LOLLLLLZ I love it. SH-SHAKE YO ASS NOW.

The tall one who's wearing the waistcoat is half French and he started speaking French when my best friend and I saw them in Paris (we didn't know before this that his mum is French) and we totally spazzed. I think I have a thing for lanky dark haired French speaking men. Maybe. Just a bit. :roftl:

I'm watching my By the Time video again. *sigh*

I think mine was By The Time...simply because it's the first time we've heard it live and it was completely unexpected...on my part anyway lol.

It's really difficult to say... I guess for me it was Over My Shoulder and Lady Jane, but also Any Other World, because I had not heard it for long time :wub2:

Girls please can you tell me what did he say before Rain? I'm not very good at English by ear:(((

and a big big thank to Jazzy, I can't stop watching again and again!!!

I think it may be his story about Blue Eyes. Yeah, he says he started writing that song when he was on the train going to Angel (which is about two stops away from where the venue was) and there was a woman sitting on the train crying. She got up and left her newspaper behind and Mika decided that it was a really nice image and he was going to steal it. :aah:

Then he said how he hopes she's all right, and then said she might have been there that night if she lives around that area. :thumb_yello:

That's a tricky one, as all the perfomances were magificent!

But if pushed, I guess I'd say By The Time, as, like you say, it was the first time he's sung it live, and the Kings Singers did it justice.

May I choose two favourites?

My two would be Any Other World & By The Time.

When a performance gives you chills that is a favourite of mine.

Both of these gave me chills & still do as I watch them over & over.

was anyone else wondering why Jo didn't mention our man in her blogs on the LN site? - maybe just words could not describe it.

Maybe the hug he gave her, made her speechless:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Caz.............really difficult to choose a favourite.

OK then I am lying.

Lady Jane.

Lady Jane.

Lady Jane.

Lady Jane.

Lady Jane.

Lady Jane.

Lady Jane.

Lady Jane.

Lady Jane.

Lady Jane.

Lady Jane.