Mika - My London Evening Standard 8/1/10

Naectegale

my wedding dress was a Laura Ashley. i always told my mom that my dress would be made of cotton. she always said: good luck finding one!... and i did! :wub2: oh! how 80s of me! :aah:

My friends, the one I'm doggsitting for, were always fans of Laura Ashley. He always bought her Laura Ashley dresses for birthdays and Christmas.

I think he misses doing it.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's really cool, very hippy style :thumb_yello::naughty:. I love it when people don't do the "normal" thing for weddings.

i still have my dress in a cedar chest :naughty:

i don't wear it much :mf_rosetinted:

They used to make beautiful dresses in the 80's. And great suits for work - always very feminine but still smart and lovely material. They have lost their way badly now, trying to be fashionable and cheap instead of distinctive & quality :sad:

i haven't looked at their styles in a long time. i used to love it!

I can't believe nobody's said this yet but...

I think Mika is at his happiest when he's got wood.

:mf_rosetinted:

seems like they missed teaching us that expression at school, never heard it... but judging from the reactions you got for that post, i'm not surprised about that. :lmfao: and well, i can imagine what it might mean. :sneaky2:

"They get fed..."

4lr7mo.jpg

"...they don't have money problems..."

zv67ur.jpg

"...and they go on holiday for free in big groups of friends."

etsgfs.jpg

:lmfao: haha love it! especially the small fluffy ducks. :wub2: and the 2nd pic - LOOOOL! :lmao: apart from that, i prefer mika with his actual body:

4250594755_62e12e7e41_o.jpg

:fisch::naughty:

seems like they missed teaching us that expression at school, never heard it... but judging from the reactions you got for that post, i'm not surprised about that. :lmfao: and well, i can imagine what it might mean. :sneaky2:

:lmfao: haha love it! especially the small fluffy ducks. and the 2nd pic - LOOOOL! :lmao: apart from that, i prefer mika with his actual body:

4250594755_62e12e7e41_o.jpg

Same thing here about the wood :dunno:, but as no native speaker cared to enlighten us, poor alien souls...:sneaky2:...i made an effort and thought very hard on the subject...but it didn't work...:roftl:

Only after NAUGHTY Kodes posted I realised it couldn't be a good thing...:sneaky2::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::naughty:

You never lose a chance to post that Mika abs pic, do ya?:naughty:

Same thing here about the wood :dunno:, but as no native speaker cared to enlighten us, poor alien souls...:sneaky2:...i made an effort and thought very hard on the subject...but it didn't work...:roftl:

Only after NAUGHTY Kodes posted I realised it couldn't be a good thing...:sneaky2::mf_rosetinted::mf_rosetinted::naughty:

You never lose a chance to post that Mika abs pic, do ya?:naughty:

That's coz it's naughty and we'd get in trouble for explaining that sort of thing :lmfao:

Morning-One Foot Boy :mf_rosetinted:

I was told already by some saviour...:teehee:

That's coz it's naughty and we'd get in trouble for explaining that sort of thing :lmfao:

Yes, i know that now...:teehee:

My fav portable dictionary Mfcr just told me so...:mf_rosetinted:

I have my sources, you know...:biggrin2:

I totally see him walk his sheep :original: I can't even find anything odd about that image :blink:

Not that it has much to do with anything, but I took the best pic of 3 sheep all staring at me the other day. It's hilarious:

IMG_5209.jpg

Not that it has much to do with anything, but I took the best pic of 3 sheep all staring at me the other day. It's hilarious:

IMG_5209.jpg

Would the one with the bell on, be the one always getting lost?

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Would the one with the bell on, be the one always getting lost?

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Doesn't he look hilarious? But Ihave no idea wtf he's doing with that bell hanging from his neck :blink::roftl:

I was wondering about that too. :naughty:

Nah, I think he's the badass leader of the pack, and the bell conveys his cool, Alpha Sheep status. :mf_rosetinted:

Alpha Sheep? :lmfao:

Doesn't he look hilarious? But Ihave no idea wtf he's doing with that bell hanging from his neck :blink::roftl:

Alpha Sheep? :lmfao:

It's so you can find them in the fog :thumb_yello: You only need one bell because they follow the Alpha sheep :biggrin2:

It's a great pic :thumb_yello:

It's so you can find them in the fog :thumb_yello: You only need one bell because they follow the Alpha sheep :biggrin2:

It's a great pic :thumb_yello:

wow, we have our own little shepherd here! :aah:

I didn't know that, that's actually kinda cool.

So that sheep IS the Alpha Sheep?? :lmfao:

"A number of ancient privileges are associated with the Freedom - although they are more a product of collective memory than of documented evidence. They include the right to herd sheep over London bridge, to go about the City with a drawn sword, and if convicted of a capital offence, to be hung with a silken rope. Other advantages are said to have included the right to avoid being press-ganged, to be married in St Paul's Cathedral, buried in the City and to be drunk and disorderly without fear of arrest." :lmfao:

He sure enjoys his drinking Freedom right...:mf_rosetinted:

380652050.jpg

Archived